This is on Humble Bundle right now. Is it worth getting if I love Total War? What are the most vital DLCs?

This is on Humble Bundle right now. Is it worth getting if I love Total War? What are the most vital DLCs?

Attached: CrusaderKings.jpg (225x225, 10K)

>Is it worth getting if I love Total War?
As long as your play those games for more than just fighting the battles then sure.
>What are the most vital DLCs?
desu I'd ask /gsg/ or just pirate all of them.

just use the dlc activator

>your
Guess I'll kill myself. Also if you do get it I'd suggest downloading HIP or CK2+ once you've figured things out about the game.

it's different
just buy the pack and you have everything (except cosmetics)

>start up game for the first time
>have no idea what the fuck Im doing

Pls send help

They gave this away for free last year.

Try the tutorial scenario to get a good feel on what to do

> Is it worth getting if I love Total War?
Depends what you like about Total War

> What are the most vital DLCs?
Most important DLC is "way of life" because this is mostly an RPG where you play a family line; when your first character dies you play his heir etc.
Monks and Mystics is pretty good too for fun cult shit
the other stuff mostly unlocks non-christian-feudal realms; like Islamic realms, things like the Teutonic order and Pagan realms

>make a norse character
>join that wolf warrior society
>keep dueling my way through everything
>eventually forge a legendary bloodline
>use all the money i got from raiding the british islands to fund a search looking for alexanders grave
>find it and get another legendary bloodline
>also get a third one because of some other event which popped up randomly with me just answering a simple question
>character and his heirs now all have god tier stats
>decide to go spectator mode after my character died at the age of 77 to see how well my kids will do on their own
>500 years later they conquered 90% of europe and the family consists of like 5000 people

Thanks Paradox. This last DLC is balanced.

Wait, how do you go spectator?

By using the console

just buy the base game and pirate the DLCs
using pirated DLCs is as easy as click-dragging them to the "mod" folder and running the activator.exe.
the game plays differently than Total War. It's pretty unique.

google a quickstart guide

How did this medieval dude get so clean shaven?

The most important thing to remember for this game is that nations dont exist in the same way that we know them, feudalism is dumb as hell. Its not "the nation of x" its "the lands that belong the king and the lands that belong to people loyal to the king"

>lands that belong to people loyal to the king"
Don't you mean lands that belong to people who are the legal subjects of the king.
Many of these people aren't very loyal, even the ones who like you sometimes.

oh

sorry I am new to buying games digitally, is this humble bundle thingy safe? I was interested in a grand strategy and I see it's 15bucks for everything is that right? Seems too good

It's 15 bucks for all the major dlc packs

It doesn't contain any of the cosmetic or extra stuff.

No unique unit models, no fancy ethnicity portraits, no additional music and no character creator

The fuck even is this? There's so much DLC

>pirated it with (most of) the DLC
>play the viking campaign, as one of Ragnar's sons
>gain almost all of england through war and diplomacy
>other faction offers peace
>loose like half my lands
>never touch it again
Can't they explain the game mechanics more properly? Also felt more like playing some economy simulator without much depth. Maybe I'm just retarded though.

Attached: 200.gif (355x200, 776K)

well since every total war game other than RTW is boring and autistic you'll probably love this!

>other faction offers peace
What?

Have you not played Warhammer?

>RTW
>cav zoom across the map
>factions are colored brightly so you can clearly understand what's going on
>there aren't huge unit icons as a result of this

>every other TW
>units are huge and sluggish
>they're designed for muh immersion but the intrusive AI ruins all of this

It's like CS vs. COD. One is a sport, the other is a "realistic" slugfest.

>It's like CS vs. COD. One is a sport, the other is a "realistic" slugfest.
>COD
>realistic
wot

Just pirate it. It's gonna cost you like $200 to get the dlc

Yes, humble bundle is safe.

It's been over a year so I don't know if I remember correctly. It was one of the other Son's of Ragnar that held like 1/4 or more of england.

All the major DLC are $15 on Humble Bundle right now. No cosmetic shit or the character creator though if you care about those

How many of the fuckers are there? I think it would be close to 10

Can you retarded pirate niggers actually not be retarded for once and read the thread

Jesus fucking christ so this is the power of Yea Forums

>just buy a few dlc and pay for a half cucked game
Lmao payfags

It's not really anything like Total War, it's more of a Kingdom Management/Meme Eugenics simulator than anything.

15 if you consider Sunset a "major dlc". I wouldn't mind buying the models/textures dlcs to "support the devs" but these devs are also charging $5 for a character editor so they can suck my ass for all I care

>Buying Parashit games

>buying games

It is unironically one of the best games I've ever played.

Get "Way of Life" for more options in standard gameplay, get "Sons of Abraham" for the opportunity to borrow money from/castigate the Jews. Monks and Mystics is for religious societies.

These three are listed here in my post in order of importance.
Get them all and you'll have a 100% satisfying experience when playing any Catholic ruler.

If you want to play in India or Arabia or Byzantium it's a different story, get the DLC accordingly.

Hek ye buddy, start off as a minor count in Ireland, then fuck and kill your way to a mighty empire

If you're too much of a literal negroid to get all the dlc for 15 bucks then that's your problem

The current Humble Bundle has every major game expansion and the base game for 15 bucks. You get none of the cosmetic DLC but all the actual mechanical expansions/DLC are in there.

Which is honestly a pretty damn good deal.

>be the King of Asturias
>manage to unify northern Spain take Barcelona
>Start warring with the Umiyads for a bit
>the king is too horny so he starts taking mistresses
>wife dies so he marries a mistress
>keeps taking in mistresses
>2nd wife dies
>marries another
>keeps fucking mistresses while fighting the Moors
>the now old fuck stars fucking his councilmen's young wives
>one found out that his wife already pregnant with the king's bastard
>tried to kill the king but failed and ran away
>the king divorces his old hag of a wife and marries a young mistress
>the old fuck keeps fucking
>eventually the old fuck dies at 87
>reigns over half of Spain
>10+ legitimate and legitimized bastard kids
>over 30+ bastards not including the cucked officers who thought their kids were theirs
>watch the realm implode in the next 40 years
10/10 game

>15 bucks for all of the DLC
Fucking sweet, I've been pirating this game forever and always wanted to buy it since I like it so much but really didn't want to spend hundreds of dollars on all the fucking DLC.
Thanks user, I've unpirated this game now because of you.

>Legitimizing Bastards
Unless a bastard is your one and only kind, why the fuck would you ever do this?

Attached: You'reBeingExecuted.jpg (768x867, 237K)

I legitimize qt daughters to make new qt daughter-granddaughters with.

1. Yes
2. All of them. Just pirate the whole pack, it's DRM-less