Why is this franchise so popular? All the games feel like a fucking slog to get through

Why is this franchise so popular? All the games feel like a fucking slog to get through.

Attached: Zelda_Logo.svg.png (1200x489, 92K)

I've always thought the reason it got so popular, specifically why its popular to women, is because the puzzles are really easy but make you seem smart for solving them.

Which ones have you played?

Because you're a wet blanket and you don't like Zelda.

The only way to like Zelda is to be a wet blanket.

The puzzles are there to break up the gameplay from being just a exterminate the baddies button masher

You have objectively bad taste then. Only a few games feel like a slog and that's only for small sections (tears of light, triforce hunt, gibdo trade).

I agree, I was playing BoTW and I didn't even get an air strike after killing 5 bokoblins I mean what the fuck? I couldn't even find where to buy rare skins for my Zelda lol lame ass game

Ocarina was a bigass deal. Every magazine stupid enough to bet on the wrong horse in the console wars was talking about Ocarina like it was the second coming. And I guess in a way it was close.

Majora's Mask is better though.

Nice bait fucking loser

Elf-fags, easy as.

The NPC's in Zelda are the furthest thing from the fair folk though. Especially Twilight Princess.

Fucking wish I spent more time playing Zelda games instead of F.E and Trails.
Don't get me wrong, both of them are good franchises:
Trails has nice soundtracks though it takes forever to reach climatic events (Ao's pacing is much better than CS1, 2and the older games though) don't even get me started with all the fetch quests.
F.E is fun too, though most stories are silly.
Started OoT 3D a few days ago and it's actually pretty good:
It's world is interesting, having numerous useful items and figuring what to do with them is fun i.m.o
Hell, I've never had this much fun playing songs/tunes in a game.
You don't have to play LoZ games in a specific order, right?

Attached: 15379136842.jpg (784x490, 141K)

Archetypal fantasy hero serves the light, saves the girl and the kingdom. It appeals to everyone.

The good ones are
Zelda 1
Zelda 2
ALttP
Majora's Mask
ALBW
BotW

skip the rest

Yeah you're right zelda sucks ass, throughout my childhood i always wanted to play one and when i finally do get around to emulating majoras or ocarina they just suck.
Zelda 1 was alright though.

Yeah it's only Skyward Sword and beyond that even pretend to have an overarching timeline or story, play them in any order. There's some obvious sequel games like Spirit Tracks or Majora's Mask where playing the previous game would benefit though.

You don't have to play them in order but if you're playing OoT it wouldn't be a bad idea to play MM after, same engine. The original is better than the 3ds remake, not for nostalgia's sake.
OoT 3D is very faithful to the original and is a great remake, the Majora's Mask remake honestly changes a lot of the game and not for the better. It neuters Zora swimming, boss complexity and sterilizes the unique time travel gameplay among many other things.

>because the puzzles are really easy
and yet the gameplay loop is still satisfying(minus botw)

>specifically why its popular to women
but i thought girls are smarter than boys(im not kidding)

but yeah, you exclusively play only the most challenging games then?

You need to play Ocarina to have a better appreciation of Majora

need a fucking guide just to know what walls to bomb

Thanks for the info Anons.
I'll give BoTW and HW a try after completing OoT and MM 3D (really want to know more about this franchise and it's characters before playing the Switch versions of the games I mentioned).
Maybe I'll play the N64 version of Majora via a emulator due to the changes of its 3DS version.
Glad most LoZ games can be played in any order except for the sequels you guys mentioned.

It used to be amazing. The series has been in decline ever since WW.

Hyrule Warriors isn't a Zelda game. It's a Dynasty Warriors game with a Zelda skin.