Want to replay MGS3 today

>want to replay MGS3 today
>remember that Skullface is behind me fixing all of my mistakes and will finish my mision if I fail
>the goofy paramedic is the mastermind patriot behind everything
Do you think the franchise ended with MGS3? I think I'll have to pretend just that to enjoy it.

Attached: alert mgs.gif (504x386, 1.35M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rdMvBsHg_TE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you're suppose to appreciate the twists and turns.

Imagine liking a movie and then after the twist ending and everything was revealed, you rewatch it and
>OH MY GAWD, this character betrayed the protag. I hate this movie now, The main character's hand was crushed by that rock, it's so predictable now AAA
fuck off, if you can't go back to a game and like it for the added lore of the newer games

Attached: trash.gif (580x433, 1.41M)

But the added lore is shit that makes everything retroactively bad.

Attached: MGSVenom.gif (324x412, 173K)

No. Not true.

MGS4, MGSV, and Peace Walker were all Patriot propaganda. Don't worry your perrrty little head about anything but MGS, MGS2 and MGS1

That only makes it better for me

>watch die hard
>man that's a cool movie, Bruce Willis took down Snape's vaguely European mercenaries
>die hard 9 comes out
>oh turns out Jack Black actually was sneaking around ahead of him making things easier for him and also drugged all the mercenaries

>FOX just started up as a tiny unit that is vying for promotion to stand out from under the CIA
>virtuous mission complete failure because skullface fucked up hard then, he's useless and only good for ruining stories
>okay for REAL guys we gotta go do this shit or you're dead
>btw now it's personal I mean public to the global powers, we need russia to know we stepped in and intervened so total stealth isn't necessary anymore, actually want to leave US traces around like shell casings etc
>skull face going against that by picking up snake's shit in doggy bags
>also we totally didn't just randomly select paramedic to be a character she didn't have period
why not sigint btw? he'd be all about IT controlling the world. are you telling me she's suddenly an expert on PARASITES and invested into skull face's research?
come the fuck on

>tfw playing MGS3 first time
>have to interrogate to find where the russian engineer dude is
>accidentally kept slitting every scientist's throat
>rooms stacked with bodies
>IN CANON Skullface had to clean the entire graveyard I left behind
>all those dorks with their throats cut open covered in blood and stacked in lockers

No wonder Skullface hates Big Boss.

The franchise ended with MGS2. How do you follow-up a postmodern game that undermines the reality of the franchise? With a straightforward prequel and (in MGS4) sequel that takes all its plot points literally, apparently.

>the mystical most powerful organization in the world that is controlling the fate of humankind and is behind everything in the games is a group of joke characters
>plot of the entire game is completely ignored so that Otacon can cry about a vampire that doesn't exist
>plot of another game is completely meaningless because your struggle was just made up by badass skullfuck
>no not true

>you're suppose to appreciate the twists and turns.
even if they make no sense?

It ended with MGS 4, skipping the lore dumpster fire that is 3.
>metal gear much more advanced than in MG
>optic camo before MGS
>retarded electricity magic
>big boss is an autistic retard

I was amazed at the quality of the storyline in MGS3 when I played all of the games blind starting from MG a few years back. How the fuck people prefer it over any other main game in the series? (except V)

Attached: LORE RAPE.png (650x2508, 423K)

This desu, MGS should've stopped at 2. 3 at the latest, but 4, PW, and V are all terrible games with terrible retcons that add nothing to the series

Always found it odd Zero had a giant scar down his face, maybe Kojima really did intend to make him the big bad dude

>watch terminator 1
>it's an amazing movie, Arnold is a badass robot from the future that cannot be bargained with
>terminator 8 comes out
>turns out kyle reese built the terminator and programmed it to merely pretend to want to kill sarah connor so that kyle can get into her pants

Except mgs3 ignores mgs2 entirely plot wise.

>oh my god, Tyler Durden is just fake all along, fuck this gay ass movie

>Yea Forums is so contrarian that MGS3 is now considered bad
Never change, gayboys

>the goofy paramedic is the mastermind patriot behind everything
The fuck? No she isn't. She just made the Big Boss clones and turned Gray Fox into a cyborg under Zero's orders.

>that image
>fake big boss discussing metal gear plans with ocelot
YIKES who drew this shit

She is one of the lalilulelo Jack.

>the first BB from MG1 talking about the downgrade to MG1's MG
>YIKES
oof

I'm aware but there's a difference between being in the lalilulelo and being the one pulling the strings in the lalilulelo

Its pretty cool twist.

>turns out kyle reese built the terminator and programmed it to merely pretend to want to kill sarah connor so that kyle can get into her pants
Incredibly based.

Attached: snake eater after retcons.gif (500x305, 1.93M)

What you are saying sounds like
>she is not zeus she is just athena so she is not that strong mang

Sigint is also a patriot.

>Game about turning into a demon
>Can't kill children

Attached: 1499393549794.jpg (730x780, 46K)

Nope, it ended with MGS2. MGS3 is revisionist fan-fiction because Kojima couldn't be bothered to invent an emotional hook for Solid Snake, so he shafted him to create Big Boss le tragic villain instead. A tragic villain doesn't give Snake the PTSD or nightmares he had in MGS1, or make him become a hermit so fucked up by the events of Outer Heaven. MGS3 basically was a fuck you to Solid Snake and attempted to make you feel bad for the warmongering faggot.

What if I'm a patriot?
Or you?

>plot of the entire game is completely ignored so that Otacon can cry about a vampire that doesn't exist
Eh? The others make sense, but I have no idea what you're on about with this one.

I can actually see that happening with Tim Miller at the helm.

>oof
>foo
I was the opposite of wrong the entire time you just didn't know

>implying this is not the canon

Finally You understand Jack.

Attached: 6E230F77-29C1-4AB3-8339-2DAE57461F3E.png (135x196, 40K)

>you're suppose to appreciate the twists and turns
You sound like the guys who go to bat for V because "the medic twist is really really smart meta-commentary guys, I promise!"
I don't care how """clever""" it is, it sucks my hairy nuts

>4, PW, and V are all terrible games with terrible retcons that add nothing to the series
Agreed, and I will sing this song until the end of time.

Attached: tenor.gif (300x200, 599K)

Plot of MGS2 is a VR. A literal VR. Raiden is hooked in some VR facility and is probably killed at the end of the game.

It's weird how you can retroactively ruin a game

>Terminator 1
>John sends his dad back in time to fuck his mom and die
>Terminator 2
>John sends a robot back in time to save himself
>doesn't just send the robot back in time after Reese fucks his mom but before he dies
>Terminator Genesis exists
Sarah literally fucked dozens of men just for free combat training.

Attached: terminator.jpg (2880x1800, 445K)

>Sarah literally fucked dozens of men just for free combat training.
god i wish this happened to me.

She was hot in Genysis.

Attached: terminator-genisys-emilia-clarke.jpg (1920x1200, 486K)

Peace walker is actually a pretty good story overall, it introduces kaz and helps to fkesh out his character, shows how and why big boss went on to build outer heaven and finishes by pretty succinctly showing why he goes apeshit on cypher. Other than the goofy ai metal gears there isn't much wrong with it.

>will finish my mision if I fail
Not if you create time paradox.

You completely missed the point of the game. It's not about the mission, it's about Big Boss. It doesn't matter if Skullface was there, he still suffered.

The difference is that V was shit even before the twist ending.

Except there's a 30 year old gap between 3 and MG, plenty of time for pic related to become a warmongering faggot. 3 planted the seeds, we needed nothing more.

Attached: MGS3-Snake-Salutes-The-Boss-Grave.jpg (800x447, 43K)

It isn't

Attached: 1557913957723.png (418x497, 296K)

>PTSD or nightmares he had in MGS1
Point out the scene in MGS1 where that happened.
>fucked up by the events of Outer Heaven
Sounds more like Kojima's own fault for following up a really barebones game like MG and pretending like much more happened in it.

"Gray Fox showed me all the ropes"
>literally have 2 lines with him in MG

Because MGS4 retconned it. When MGS2 was released it was intended to be chronologically last game.

When do we get a game as Solid in his army special forces days, being tutored by Big Boss?

Doesn't mean it took place inside VR

youtube.com/watch?v=rdMvBsHg_TE
Now I'm imagining Skullface as snake in this parody.

Do you think you are playing as Snake in the tanker incident?

This isn't at all the same, you fuckhead. MGSV was not a fucking planned game when MGS3 was written, MGS3 is retconned into shit with that game, are you telling us we should love and appreciate retcons?

A twist is something written in mind for the story that is being told, the entire story is written around it.

Every game in the series is full of retcons. MGS1 has one of the biggest and dumbest retcons.

Aside from how incompetently written and riddled with retcons the sequels got, I think something that annoys me to no end is that after MGS4, Kojima couldn't write a decent antagonist because he pigeonholed himself with the patriots.

In Peace Walker all you hear is "Cypher is so bad!" but there's never a confrontation, it's just there to remind the player of how evil Major Zero is. Then MGSV comes along and you hope for something with a little more meat to it, but no it's the same exact thing again, a full game, hours of tapes that are blabbering on and on about cypher, zero, patriots and it all comes to nothing, always there, every fucking mission and side op "this is cyphers doing! we have to stop them!"

Fuck MGSPW and fuck MGSV. MGS4 is better than both.

Attached: Snake-Quote-Liquid.jpg (600x333, 111K)

>Have wormhole technology in 1984
>Don't have it a decade later
Not even the mechanical hand thing that Venom has is used in the chronologically later games. Why didn't Ocelot (who hung around Venom a lot and thus knew of the hand thing existing) just get one of those instead of sewing some dead guy's arm to his stump?

Attached: 56e15f04dd0e4c75a2c3e577e942210c8c9a392d_hq.jpg (1024x576, 37K)

wormholes are not canon
flesh hand feels better than mechanical hand,
simple, also so he could play 4d chess and merely pretend to be posessed

Do you think you're not?

I wonder if it's a Metal Gear burnout or not and what will we get in Death Stranding. It's his chance to redeem himself. People here like to meme about the DS trailers but Kojima has not made a game with bad gameplay yet so I am not afraid of that.

Because he wanted to jerk off using a hand made from Big Boss's genes, dumbass.

MGS2 itself actually implies that you're not.

MGS2 doesn't imply anything, it leaves it up to the player to decide whether or not the tanker "happened" as we saw it.

There are multiple points where the game subtly hints it (you have to play through it twice for one of them even) before it blatantly smears it on your face in the end.

There's a mod for that

Just focus on the mg game you are playing the convoluted canon of mg is retarded and its not what makes the games so great

I hope so, and you're right, I've loved the gameplay of all his games so here's hoping. I hope that stealth still plays a major role in it.

>3
what? the stuff you complain about happens in PW and V

such as? mgs1 could get away with retcons because almost no one played mg1 and 2.

are you ok? it practically spells out its VR in the game

Supposedly you will be punished somehow for killing things but Kojima's marketing has been deceitful so maybe it will be a glorified gimmick or depend on difficulty level.

I guess he's talking about BB being Snake's father

I think you took the wrong lesson and got a little too caught up in fan theories if you think the game is telling you exactly what it is, friend. Unlike you I played MGS2 before MGS4 existed.

MGS2 is written to be ambiguous, through and through. There's no "right" answer, the game hints at the tanker being a VR simulation, but it doesn't outright tell you that that is exactly what it was. The game is written to confuse and make players question what is real and what is not, and if anything at all is real, it's part of the entire end message.

There's no right answer, you can't come in and pretend that your fan theories are the truth.

how so

Attached: 1564265095450.jpg (540x960, 32K)

>Big Boss told you he was your father in MG2 (no he didn't) also you're his clone and have a twin now
Caring about continuity in Metal Gear is the dumbest shit. Every subsequent game has retcons built on top of retcons, which is the main reason why the latter games are dumber than the earlier ones. But you really shouldn't give a shit because the creators sure didn't.

>Hurr it's VR
>Raiden knows from the VR mission that Snake didn't sink the Tanker and the cowboy guy hanging around the Big Shell actually did it because he experienced it in VR
>Never comes up
MGS2 is for triple digit IQ's.

Why does a VR simulation have Ocelot kill, Gurlukovich and Snake clearly not sinking the Tanker?

what the fuck are you on about?

reading comprehension, user

I've only played MGSV but I assume he's referring to Big Boss not being dead and being Snake's mentor now etc. etc. Although I agree that they didn't have to hold to MG1 because it seemed MGS1 was a reboot of the franchise storywise. I think the real retardation was then going and linking MGS to MG chronologically. At least that's my understanding of shit.

How in the flying fuck can the game imply the Tanker is VR, then contain plot sensitive context and twists that play out later in the game? It's even said IN TYE GAME that Liquid possessing Ocelot was something the Patriots didn't account for. If they made the fucking VR they'd have an idea of what's going on given Snake had a 3 minute conversation with his dead brother, and they put it in their fucking VR program for Raiden.

God, MGS2 brings out simultaneously the best and worst of the fanbase, but the fags looking for something that isn't even remotely feasible are easily the worst.

Why are you yelling at me over this, then? I'm not the one touting the VR Theory as truth, I'm just saying the game presents the idea that it might be.

You're yelling at the wrong person.

Because you're also a fucking idiot for questioning whether the Tanker chapter happened, brainlet

You did say
>the game hints at the tanker being a VR simulation

so what you're saying is that once i've beaten mgs3 i should stop there

>It's even said IN TYE GAME that Liquid possessing Ocelot was something the Patriots didn't account for.
It's also VR. Patriots are just some very rich military investors sitting in meetings offscreen while this experiment is being carried on. You can't trust things when you are jacked into VR.

Because the entire story is a metanarrative.

Because it does. The Colonel will tell Raiden that he's undergone VR Training if you play the Tanker before the Plant, but not if you start the game with the Plant chapter.

"I have extensive training in VR."
-Jack

"You won't see that in VR guarantee."
-David

>the game hints at the tanker being a VR simulation
Yeah so as I said, it implies it. Fucking retard.

Me? It ended with MGS for the gameboy color.

What about the seeping matrix lines in Arsenal or Snake telling you he has unlimited ammo?

?

Attached: BandanaMGS2.jpg (639x347, 32K)

Yeah I get that, but I'm in the "it was VR" camp so you don't need to convince me of anything lol.

You're a brainlet.

>Everything is VR
Literally the "was it all a dream?" of video games.

Optic camo existed in MG2.
Electric magic isn't any more retarded than mind control/floating/invisibility magic from MGS, or possession through arm implant/immortality/water and wall walking/bullet dodging speed/EM-forcefield magics in MGS2.
The tech creep and character assassination are valid points.

>You're a brainlet.
tell me why? tell me why I'm wrong for interpreting that line that way?

Not to mention Raiden tells Snake he went through the Tanker VR numerous times and Snake tells him he doubts that mission accurately represents how things went down.

Wormholes maybe not, but the hologram projecting smartphone is, and that was already in GZ during 70s.

The one you play is how things happened. The one Raiden is talking about, with Snake going in and gunning the whole ship down and sinking it with no survivors including himself, is the VR version he experienced.

You're a brainlet because you're taking a single line and basing your entire theory on it, despite everything stated above. The biggest clue should have been when Raiden references the VR training there's a scene that shows, clearly, something that didn't happen (which coincidentally was recycled from early gameplay sneak peaks) - Snake going in guns blazing and escaping against a wall of water in the upper deck area. Aside from this, the tanker is VR theory completely falls apart when you actually pay attention to what happened in the Tanker chapter, and Raiden's complete obliviousness to Ocelot, Solidus, and Gurlukovich. Again, you're a brainlet.

Earlier you said it was up for interpetation what happened in the tanker, you're contradicting yourself now by choosing stating one side/theory as fact. *insert attempt at insult*

But what if Skullface fucks up, who cleans up after him

Let this be a warning to any aspiring storyfags, less is more. You don't have to explain every single bit of detail just because your audience is retarded.

What if Skullface killed The Boss early and had to dress like her to not compromise the mission? Imagine Skullface putting blanks into the patriot gun before the last fight saying "you got this man".

My PS2 controller had a wonky joystick so I would keep slitting throats whenever I grabbed someone. Made that ghost river segment way harder.

It never explicitly says that. The only pieces of information we have regarding it are that Raiden played the simulations of the tanker incident and that simulation training is so real that ti cannot be distinguished from the real thing.
It COULD be a simulation, but it also might not be. I personally don't think it was for the following reasons.:
Snake controls slightly differently to Raiden, unless we're led to believe that Raiden's physical abilities in the simulation are constrained to the level of Snake's, this makes no sense.
Also the fact that Ocelot was in the simulation and was being "controlled" by Liquid, but when we see Raiden, he freaks out at the slightest hint of the supernatural, so it's more likely that in the simulation that he experienced, Ocelot was not a part of it and so the Tanker section we played through was the real thing.

>There are brainlets who still think MGS2 was VR

holy shit guys

Snake did. That's how Skullface's failure to salvage the virtuous mission turned into snake eater.

Vamp is in the ending behind a car. He is real. MGS2 wasn't VR you turbo retard

>Earlier you said it was up for interpetation what happened in the tanker
No, I didn't. You're responding to the wrong user, brainlet. If you can't defend your position, it's a poor position.

>He thinks "simulation" automatically means VR

I feel like I'm back in 2013 where this shit was pushed hard

It was you.

These are my only posts in the thread, brainlet.

It was you, nigger

Imagine being so upset on getting schooled on MGS2 that you lash out randomly at users. And a phone user, no less. Brainlet.

Can you back up your shit theory or not?

Attached: Screenshot_20190810-143432_Adblock Browser.jpg (1047x1307, 346K)

Nice photoshop nigger. I know the truth.

Dumbass brainlet. Do you have a rebuttal or not?

Do you?

That's not what a simulation means, retard.
>imagine being such a fucking brainlet

Shut the fuck off autist. That’s like saying a bad sequel makes the original somehow bad as well

Ah, the "no you". The admission of defeat from someone who realises they're wrong but want to save face. On an anonymous image board, of all places. Get your last word in, brainlet

>Get your last word in, brainlet
La li lu le lo

Just do what everyone sensible does and assume MGSV is non canon

If the sequel actively ruins the plot of the original, then sure.

to be fair MGS2 fans literally take the "plot" of MGS2 at face value

>play no killing run in MGSV
>The game don't have a second ending

What a shit game

Attached: 1565314808140.jpg (1080x1062, 359K)

What is there to defend? The game implies that the tanker might have been VR, it doesn't confirm it either. Why are you so fucking mad that I don't take your stance on it?

Or you can simply do this Fallout 4 doesn'r ruin 1 and 2, Andromeda doesn't ruin ME, Diablo III doesn't ruin 1 or 2, Dishonored 2 and DOTO doesn't ruin 1 and its DLC, and shitty MGS sequels doesn't ruin what made the first few good