How do I improve my neutral in fighting games?

How do I improve my neutral in fighting games?

Attached: Street-Fighter-30th-Anniversary-Collection-5.png (1920x1080, 1.81M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4
youtu.be/AWT0Qn2cCwQ
youtube.com/watch?v=PElmAFZFoqQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_R0hbe8HZj0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

just improve your neutral bro

Attached: 0203HT02.jpg (480x640, 61K)

suck your bros dick but try not to move it at all, keep it as neutral as possible

just dont get hit bro

Stop pressing buttons and think until you can identify when to press buttons.

force yourself to only play reactively in order to become better fundamentally

In kusoge like ST? study the gimmicks. The game plays itself and you shouldn't be adapting at all.

Pick Guile hold Down the analog and when your opponent gets close flick the analog Up while pressing any of the kick buttons.

never press the same button twice, unless you've been pressing different buttons for more than 10 or 20 seconds, or if you land a hit, but never do the same combo more than twice in the same fight, unless you've done it in the last round, but never jump just because, jump with a plan, and don't jump unless your opponent is doing something, but never more than twice in the same 10 or 20 seconds, unless you're trying to avoid a hit, but if you avoid a hit, don't jump back to attack, cause he will be expecting it, instead try to press the same attack button twice

What about 3rd Strike?

Just mash buttons. If you don't know what you're doing, neither will the opponent.

learn how to parry and what your opponent can parry and then just jump in all the time and dash them into the corner.

That's a lot of arbitrary rules, user. Pressing the same button multiple times can be a very strong conditioning tool and if you can consistently land the same optimal damage combo, then you should ALWAYS do that combo when the opportunity presents itself. Jumping with a plan is great advice, but arbitrarily limiting yourself in seconds like that can deny yourself opportunities depending on the opponent and really only applies to Street Fighter. Also, please re-read your first and ideas.

Doesn't matter if they have enough of a brain to block and punish unsafe moves.

No.

Pick one normal and try to win with just that normal

Street fighter 2 turbo guide. Really old but it did help me understand the flow of fighting games in general. youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4

Backdash/spacing to force a whiff then punish.

>david sirlin

Attached: doggy say no.gif (288x389, 1.91M)

play a better fighting game

SFV ruined backdashing. Not only did they get rid of i-frames, they're also vulnerable to crush counters.

What did he do?

youtu.be/AWT0Qn2cCwQ
The good old days

Attached: 175EB6B6-9C38-4B83-9E1E-2FD3C8EA173E.gif (320x240, 716K)

He was solely responsible for the balancing in hdr, made yomi (a failed card game), and fantasy strike (a failed kusoge)

Why is this so funny?

How would this help?

Ok thanks for sharing. In that case, how about this one? It's about basic mind games: youtube.com/watch?v=PElmAFZFoqQ

I don’t really care, hating on Sirloin is an old meme

He seems to have taken down the best youtube vids. There was one animated one where he gave his ideas on how he would design SF4 and he wanted to turn it into some grand theft auto final fight style beat em up lmao. He's also a major faggot for convincing capcom to remake ST instead of Alpha 3 like they wanted and then fucking up HD remix.

>always hear about how great locals are
>live in a small depressing country with a tiny population
>no locals anywhere in the entire country

Attached: 1565374089463.jpg (480x480, 23K)

the FGC is full of smelly trannies and autists. Don't play IRL unless you have actual friends to play with.

There used to be a great local scene in PA but everyone just stopped showing up over time.
time is depressing.

Attached: 1558511715576.jpg (1280x1440, 519K)

maj's footsie handbook

PA is huge. are you talking about philly? you need to elaborate you fucking smooth brain.

Acquire autism.

There used to be meet ups between eerie and Pittsburgh all the time. Now there's hardly anything.

Attached: 1501824767344.jpg (567x790, 354K)

>Get stuck in corner
>Get comboed constantly
What do? I play Melty and Guilty

Get out of the corner?????

Attached: 1554056964733.png (494x371, 124K)

stop mashing, start blocking smartly
youtube.com/watch?v=_R0hbe8HZj0
also learn the mindgames of "block > attack > throw > block" and similar chains

To improve neutrals first you need to improve your defense, and to improve defense first you need to improve positioning.

>DAVID SIRRRRLOOOOOIN
fuck anyone remember that video, ive been looking for it for ages and the only thing i remember is that line

use your fastest attack to hit the opponent first then do your own combo or jump out of the corner.

okay
I'M STUCK IN THE OTHER CORNER NOW

That's a little dependent on the game, but in general just cover as many of the opponent's options as you can

You are supposed to fight back user

Attached: 1528308251130.png (415x317, 72K)

I love Anri!

Good

*sniff* *sniff*

Aahh

Hheehhheh

AaaaHhhhh

Me too.

What do you mean by "neutral"?

What most SF players fail to recognize (specially beginners) is that the punch/kick/flying kicks/sweeps are usually enough to carry you through a lot of fights.

One excellent combo is flying kick + sweep. Always with a strong button of course.

Try to play the game without using specials.

You know, Street Fighter 2 had an options menu that let you turn off specific special moves for each character. I don't think I have ever seen that in another fighting game.

Attached: ky anal.png (339x346, 195K)

>Faust did this super with the scalpel instead of his hands in prior games

Attached: GGAC_Faust_236S.png (333x322, 3K)

>person is mashing and I know they are
>frametrap them to death
shit advice

I don't deal with them in my area. You cherry pick but that is primarily an anisoy problem on really dead games and vsav these days.