Is Morrowind worth playing in 2019?

is Morrowind worth playing in 2019?

Attached: morrowind.jpg (196x257, 12K)

Morrowind wasn't worth playing on release day.

How is OpenMW going? All I've heard is that it isn't as buggy has vanilla.

its going
definitely worth playing if you're thinking about playing MW

Handcrafted dungeons, cleverly hidden treasures that require very high acrobatics and/or levitation to reach, truly alien world, truly alien mythos, well-written dialog that isn't foiled by god-awful voice acting or as random as Daggerfall, fun enchanting and spellmaking system that are superior to Oblivion and not present at all in Skyrim, easily increased move speed (Boots of Blinding Speed + 3 second custom spell of Magic Resistance), best capital city of any TES game (Vivec), most sympathetic final antagonist, best background for your own character.

It feels like you're playing through an Eastern mythology and it's fucking sick if you invest in Speed/Boots of Blinding Speed/Constant Effect-enchanted belt of Levitation bound to a hotkey.

Distant land generation and shaders are apparently more resource-intensive than the original patched release.

no

I've been playing it recently and I'm enjoying it.
Getting a little burnt out now though since I'm level 25 and everything dies so easily, might just rush through the main quest a and then start a new character for the expansions

If you have to ask, no. If you dont have to, you would already be enjoying it.

Yes, it's still one of the best open world RPGs to this day.

No, it was only worth playing until 2018, sucks to be you op.

It's still unsurpassed in a lot of the ways that count, so fuck yeah.

how the fuck do i advance when high level assassins keep trying to kill me?

Kill them or mod them so they attack you later.

git gud

Yes, I will be playing Morrowind in 2030.

In a post-Skyrim world? Fuck no.

Imagine being this bland.

OpenMW is great, but they still didn't re-implement the shadows.

It will always be, especially with the mod community going stronger than ever almost two decades after release

>+ 3 second custom spell of Magic Resistance)
1 second will do it just fine, something you can easily do with no magic skills.

disable bloodmoon/tribunal until you've beat the main quest

>best capital city of any TES game

Vivec is the dumbest fucking designed city in video game history

you can do that? what if you have the steam goty version? also i rely on the quest log which is only in tribunal

open the launcher, look in Data Files and disable that shit, that's also how you enable mods

You can deactivate the module in the launcher

Any good mods for making the game more difficult?

Played it recently with a few mods and loved it more than any other TES I've played. First TES I felt like I could come across anything while rummaging through people's homes etc. Like that person in Aldruin that attacks you when you walk in. Then you find that locked door downstairs with a daedric shrine hidden inside. Awesome game. Fuck the combat haters too

The world and lore is more interesting than skyrim's, but the probability-based combat system hasn't aged well.

It's especially hard to replay when you know how the potion system works, or even where you can find a full ebony suit of armor.

I'd keep an eye on skywind, but that's like another 5 years in the future?

This desu. Skyrim has obsoleted all the previous entries. The only reason to play the old Skyrim games is for historical curiosity.

Attached: 10-classic-video-games-that-play-horribly-todaypage11.png (670x1082, 433K)

No.
Gothic was from the same year and aged much better.

same about Arx Fatalis

Is Oblivion worth playing in 2019?

yeah get mods tho

It won't be finished for another ten years.

I'm sorry that a city with more than 5 buildings was too confusing for you, user.

>probability-based combat system
mod

>if you missed a game it means that game is bad
what?

>if you missed a game it means that game is bad
I have no idea how you got that out of my statement