What are your thoughts on the representation of diversity in games?

What are your thoughts on the representation of diversity in games?

Attached: 1564512405517.png (1920x1052, 1.29M)

Why do we always have shit threads like these when we know how it always turn out?

Attached: 1565358847237.jpg (850x850, 106K)

i think it's good

Diversity is least important thing in media. But brown girls can be delicious.

And only when Japan does it.

TORTILLA!

Attached: elfuerte-ssfiv.jpg (870x1000, 147K)

i remember when there was a time a good thread would've died for this trash to be posted.

Yadda yadda yadda, black people are bad, there we go, thread's over.

source?

Here's a reminder.

Attached: 4via7c97lj531.png (736x626, 47K)

Trauma Team

I can get behind this diversity and thrust it into the spotlight.

How obsess are you?

It doesn't bother me bc i'm not autistic.

Why does Japan keep shilling brown girls through their games?

Attached: 1564057378276.jpg (2012x1636, 513K)

drawing a white girl and painting her black is not diversity

It's okay when Japan does it. because they actually know what Diversity means.

Attached: 1560846778060.png (3072x2048, 3.67M)

Don't care as long as it's done right

My favorite games would be significantly shittier if they weren't diverse, if only because it lends itself to fun designs.

Attached: SFIII3_Makoto_vs_Chun-Li.png (768x576, 599K)

Because brown girls are superior in every way.

>It's done right because it makes my pee pee hard!

Weebs should be gassed.

>projecting this hard

>Breaks down "nonwhite" into fucking 30 different categories
>Lumps each and every last pinko into their one singular category: "white"

This is just... misleading, at the absolute bery best, an outright falsity and fabrication in reality.

Only 4 words and still unable do it without making mistakes.

Is this the strength of basketball Americans? Oof!

I don't give even a dog's fuck about it. "Number of coloreds in my video game" is not a measurement I use for quality.

God how tight is Bea's cunny?

Black males are least bias. not sure what to think of it.

Attached: 1565117697503.png (520x852, 609K)

White people

Brown anime girls are okay because they're just whites with tanned skin.

I mean the same thing is happening with the nonwhites, like what is the point of a "Latin" category?

Are you the guy who thinks southern europeans aren't white?

Are brown posters just browns themselves or jungle fever victims?

Chocolate good

Probably a combination.
Ontop of that, shitposters who want to start a racebait topic and genuinely horny fuckers who want to dwell on how much they want to fuck brown women.

I think most people wan't to try out of their race. The opportunities are just normally not there. You fantasize with these nicely packaged 2d girls.

Who these cute

fertile brown women will resuscitate white birthrates
barren white 'women' can't compete with the reproductive power

Attached: umiko.jpg (850x1217, 187K)

>it's political when the game is 95% black females
>it's not political when the game is 95% white males

Attached: tapatalk_1565419616428.jpg (1126x1255, 112K)

because 95% of the developers and customers are white
now post brown faggot

Attached: 1561334405201.png (400x240, 110K)

Tbh if done well it’s pretty cool.

Most of the time it’s basically just devs shoehorning it in for internet points
>HEY OUR MAIN CHARACTER IS GAY
>HE IS HOMOSEXUAL
>HE CAN KISS DUDES
>BUY OUR GAME
>DID I MENTION HES GAY

It's only good when its actually diverse and not a means to insert a coded race into a role of another just to appeal to some kind of "Equality" agenda
If you're gonna shove an african in your game, give them traits and features of one, don't write them like you would a white character
Thats basically just missing the point.

Attached: 1548794008496.png (661x688, 699K)

>don't write them like you would a white character

How can the devs do this? They aren't acquainted with any black people.

>American whites
>includes North Africans, Arabs, Russians. Turks, Persians and people from the Caucasus
Yeah no

So just keep writing them as stereotypes?

It make wh*tes angry so it's a good thing. The faster wh*te extinction happens the faster humanity will progress. Less pollution, less war, more freedom, more science. All modern white countries are in opposition to humanity.

I mean, they get away with it so...

>don't write them like you would a white character
If you're writing around a character's race you're already setting yourself up for failure. Race can inform their background and motivations but thinking "all black people act like this / all white people act like this" is absurd.

I'm not a picky faggot. I like any hot/cute women of any ethnicity. I'm a man who enjoys different taste

Attached: 1552830974905.jpg (600x620, 214K)

Stereotypes is an ill informed answer. It's viable for caricatures and extreme personalities, but if theyre going to do proper diversity they need to actually look into what makes people different than using the appearance as a skin on top of an otherwise equalised character with virtually no diversity beyond their looks.

Attached: ScreenShot08-10-2019001.png (440x478, 371K)

forgot to add, pic related of a character thats basically just a skin instead of a different kind of person

the percentages don't add up correctly for the four races that are being measured

shit fake graph lol

Japan and Brazil have this weird connection, so when you see brown girls in Japanese stuff, she's usually Brazilian

Well coding is simply a reflection of reality.
Sure, prejudice and labelling races as a collective is silly and nonsensical, but at least grounding your character type/race/code in some form of reality or superreality(exagerration/caricature) like Mario or Banjo or PunchOut characters at least sets them apart as "diverse" than a checkbox on a "skintone quota" for your cast of equally written "rational but emotional plot devices who are all equal and have no differences"

Don't misuse that word

Attached: 1565235557343.jpg (1024x566, 57K)

They're good if they're attractive. Same goes for white characters. People hate them if they're ugly.

I think it's cause Brazil has the largest population of Japanese outside of Japan. 1.6 million to be exact.

diversity is pointless, media does not need to be a reflection of it's audience, it should be completely story driven.

I would diversify her gene pool if you know what I mean

I like it, but its not like its new. Its been games forever and was fine.

What is going on now is forcing stereotypes to try be more true to representation or some stupid reason. And sometimes when it gets overdone its starts to be forced. Depending on a setting and time there should be more or less, hammering it in everywhere makes it feel like a corporate initiative rather than a person inspired to make a character.

And that doubles down on making uninspired characters that people hate which then makes them hate that diversity.

The attack on gamers as this exclusive club that hates others just blows my mind to this day. It was a group of people that got excluded, not the other way around. One that I've always found welcoming as a whole. Now its suddenly gamers are bad because not enough games were about women or this or that kind of person. Well yes because gamers made games about their interest and their experiences and if those groups rejected gamers their wasn't anything to draw from.

tldr Its nice when its an inspired interesting character that belongs their and not when its done by corporate interests or hamfisted messages.

>media does not need to be a reflection of it's audience
No, but it needs a reflection of reality.
Believe it or not, humans are obsessed with reality.

Attached: 1557343531645.gif (357x311, 1.64M)

Gene therapy?

I'm sure there's a middle ground between the one-dimensional stereotypes of Punch Out and the "rational but emotional plot devices who are all equal and have no differences" that you suggest are the natural result of not writing a character "black enough", or something.

>Spanish people and Portuguese are latinos
>Turkroaches and Rapefugees are white
>American logic

I think the word is Hispanic, which can be white on the American census.
As for Turks, is there any effective difference between them and the other Eastern Europeans?

SHUT UP SEX ADDICTED GAMER

this is the only correct mindset.