Wft this is actually a good port

wft this is actually a good port

Attached: 152632357246857.jpg (1863x1704, 790K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/S0fADFiH
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

PS2 actually has noticeably better music and graphics

Yeah, just mod the orchestra back in

People will say this doesn't matter but it absolutely does. Especially the graphics.

>downgrade graphics, censorship. Good port.

It is. And some faggot still owes me $50 for it.

good port if you use the orchetra/uncensor patch

>playing in English
wew

Dq9 is the best dq game

You can mod that in

This. I can't make the transition because it just doesn't look like the ps2 version I remember. idc how much extra content the 3ds version has.

New content isn’t worth the music downgrade. Both Morrie and Red trivialize am already easy game.

>he hasn't hacked his 3DS

The musical downgrade alone is one of gaming's worse sins. Thankfully there's a mod for that as well as a decensor. Unfortunately, the best emulation can do to the shitty textures is make their outlines sharper. It's a real shame. But the QoL changes are just too great to ever go back to the PS2 version.

They removed the supersaiyan ability its shit

Attached: dragon_quest_viii_sc9.jpg (630x473, 41K)

user it’s dragon quest no one plays the english version, what are you a casual?

Seriously ever since x came out you gotta learn japanese to keep up man

It's literally the easiest it's ever been to hack your 3ds

Why does nappa have makeup and long white hair

>not playing the modded orchestrated uncensored version

this. the same day i hacked my 3ds i found that cia and installed it in 25 minutes. what the fuck are these people doing?

I advise people to do the same with 7

having no random battles instantly makes it better. i dont care if it doesnt look as pretty

can an user be so kind as to upload prepatched cias of dq7&8 orchestra mods?

usually I'd agree but adding two new party members makes me feel cucked for playing a prettier version. It's why I'm okay with keeping my PC version of DQXI since S is confirmed to not be adding new characters.

Just use google, I did a bit ago and found some megalinks still around.

from /dqg/ pastebin.com/S0fADFiH
scroll a bit till you find the links

How do I learn Japanese so I can play my video games?

I didn't think I'd like it but it reminds me of Earthbound. I feel they pulled it off better in this than 11. You're close enough that the enemies sometimes get you

namasensei

Both versions (PS2 and 3DS9 have pros and cons, but what really kills this game on 3DS (at least for me) are visible monsters. Now, you are gonna ask yourself 'why is that, you autistic Snoy cunt'? Here's the thing:
>am Nintendo fan
>when you get to Trodain castle and get to one specific room (I think it has chests and some bars) you will see liquid metal slime
>if the slime is not here, just stand in one spot and rotate the camera
>every time you do 360 new monster appears
>once you see liquid, attack him
It just kills the rest of the game and the need for fight, when you know you can abose this.
Also, new voice actor for Jessica. Awful.

But in the other version you can just stand there and Whistle. So if you're a grindy cunt, it doesn't matter the circumstances.

I watched him him last year and the only thing I remember is just to say
“Where the fuck is the toilet” in Japanese

Not quiet. You see, when you whistle you have to fight random non-LMS enemies, as the whistle initiates the fight. In 3DS version, you don't. Just rotate your camera. Chances that the enemy will run to you and attack you are zero to none.

I meant quite. WTF is with my grammar today?

autism

It's grinding regardless. I know the difference between the two, as I spent hours grinding for metal king slimes in the dragon's graveyard. But I would not do that nowadays, so I don't mind the camera trick (not that I would grind anyway).

It's more fun when it's chance

>don't have to sit through battle loading just to run away
>still have to roll rng to spawn the slime
>somehow less bullshit is bad

Attached: cat_load.jpg (675x580, 48K)

WHAT'S THE BEST PORT OF EVERY DRAGON'S QUEST
AND WHICH DRAGON QUEST ARE WORTH PLAYING?
I've heard 5 is one of the best

Exactly. Because one, max two hours of grinding with camera trick means you won't have to fight enemies for the rest of the game. It will be just like playing FF8 all over again - get best stats from cards, put Enc None, go to the final boss.
Dragon Quest 8 is not a game designed for visible enemy encounters. The same applies to Dragon Quest 7 remake and Romancing SaGa 2 - you can see enemies, but those 2 games have so small dungeons that it's really hard to avoid those enemies. So what's the point in seeing those enemies anyway when you can't go pass them?

WE SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN 11 ON THE 3DS
FUCK SONY AND FUCK SQUARE SOFT

I want to buy the DS versions to play on my 2DS but I can't feel them anywhere in here being a thirdie

Attached: 5paz46rz07911.jpg (3416x3024, 1.22M)

>Dragon quest 1-3
Phone, gbc, ps4 or 3ds (3ds and ps4 versions is only Japanese)

>4-6
Ds or phone

>7-8
3ds

>9
Ds

>10
It’s an mmo that’s only in Japan. If you want to play it you can play the pc version. But please note that you can get banned for just speaking English

>11
Switch

>I II III
SFC remakes
>IV V VI
DS remakes (but V on PS2 is pretty good too)
>VII VIII
3DS remakes
>IX
only on DS
>XI
PC for now, Switch later

find them*

I wouldn’t recommend 2 on the SFC. The fan translation is filled with bugs and you can easily break the game

How u gon ask for some shit then not thank that guy who posted it.

There was a team apparently working on a fan translation when the game was Japan only and was hidden to not get dmca’d

It’s been so long that I assumed Square found out or they ditched the translation because of the western release of the ps4 version

retard

You will never be a woman, user.

dont be so sure. technology keeps making strides and society is warming up the idea more and more with each passing day

Attached: saotome.png (414x512, 354K)

Why the fuck can they patch the pc/ps4 version of 11 to match the definitive edition? This makes me mad!

Attached: 1565277298885.gif (400x216, 828K)

>not patching the game to have better music

>playing a DQ game for the graphics

BRUH

Attached: dq8_ps2_vs_3ds.jpg (417x488, 42K)

>WHAT'S THE BEST PORT OF EVERY DRAGON'S QUEST
1-3: SNES
4-6: DS
7: 3DS
8: PS2
9: DS
11: PC

Jessica ending.

DQ11 would have had a much bigger audience in the west on the 3DS, and that would have boosted the popularity of the PS4 version as well. Square Enix are so fucking retarded when it comes to the western market.

Why not smartphone for 3?

Attached: 07369ca29ecff2d0c882adc494d9f736.jpg (550x700, 199K)

>PS2 actually has noticeably better graphic
Of course?
>and music
I played using PS2 music.

because fuck phones

>DQ IX
"A TOPE, TÚ!"

But they will, eventually, when definitive came out.

I can't stand toriyama's designs
Is that villain on the cover supposed to look menacing?

He's a jester, he's not supposed to be menacing looking, his actions though are a different subject.

I replayed 4 on andoid a while back, mostly for the party chat, and it's been a long time since I played it, and I thought it was fine

Attached: 1559582638692.jpg (280x764, 50K)

She looks like she fucks Imps