Dragon Quest XI: Sentinels of the Starry Skies

Just picked this up, what am I in for?

Attached: F0F0DFD8-258B-42A2-B7B7-E425130FA29E.jpg (1849x2046, 614K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/barronwaffles/dwc_network_server_emulator/wiki
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What is that case?

Man, that must suck to get a case like that.

how about you play it and find out

that's not the right number friend

What the fuck is that a CD case?

if memory serves correctly, alot of armor that makes you look like a dumbass and some that are cool.

I really liked it. Good luck trying to get the DLC, some of the costumes are amazing and have some of the best stats in the game for how early you can get them

It’s good, but takes a while and surprisingly cool stuff happens in the mid-late game. Well it feels like mid-late game but it might actually be earlyish on because the game is long. In fact I can’t guarantee you’ll be able to sit and beat it in one playthrough without getting bored and taking a break for a while. But I think that’s the way it is for all the DQ games.

you get a build a character type game.
its kinda like you have an MC like Link that is a minstrel, you can make your own party and depending on your birthday you get characters from previous DQ games to give you skins and shit.
story is your average DQ story, end of the world, dragons, stop the bad edgy dude wizard goat god

Pretty fun game with a slow start. Story is actually decent. Tons of customization for your party since you just make them. Ass ton of endgame content.

You can buy used physical copies zoomerfag.

>Dragon Quest XI: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
>XI
lol, but seriously the game is ok but is a bit better with friends

Yes, used physical copies typically come with the original case, even from gamestop.

Put it back down. Don't just pick up games off the ground like that.

>Remake up to DQ8
>don't remake 9

I need it, I want a remake without shitty graphics that you need an emulator to tell what you're looking at but then it reveals really glaring shit like how most NPCs are 2D sprites lol

Attached: file.png (400x298, 224K)

I wouldn't say that, sometimes they're just in that display case with just the cartridge. And of course you get this shit

Attached: The Nutshack seasons 1 and 2.jpg (640x480, 119K)

The ultimate game of dress up.

Attached: 1467357854818.jpg (1219x821, 753K)

That case actually looks fucking sick

Pretty decent dragon quest game. Not quite as charming as some of the others, but fun and interesting enough. Liked the ability to build my own team, like DQ3

it's too bad that they didn't have a glamour system of sorts to wear what you actually wanted. Oh look you got all these character cosplay outfits, well you'll never wear them because their stats are shit.

Yeah, the tape that holds it closed really puts it together.

it's literally just a jewel CD case without a spindle.

Attached: file.png (500x385, 203K)

loved it back in the day.
i vaguely remember grinding for hours to beat a miniboss of a knight on a horse, only to find out you're supposed to design your own party of custom characters (which i felt was cheating. you are forced to cheat)

Expect Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies, starring Kiddy Kong.

Rev up that save editor if you want to upgrade the inn and get the DLC quests.

Dumbass

How retarded are you?

why the fuck would you waste money on just the cardridge when you could've just emulated it
these things are practically worthless without the box and manual

A game I already played at 4k on pc

you're in for a fun dragon quest game, but one where 'characters' are somewhat lacking, beyond the NPCs you meet.

I remember getting this for $3 at a garage sale
I still have it but beyond testing it out I've not played it.

>buying ds games
How sad

Why the fuck would you want a remake? You can play the existing game on your current 3DS.

Best dragon quest game
Idiots need not reply

>better graphics
>more content
>actual online maybe

the multiplayer features were designed around the DS equivalent of streetpass which was obviously intended only for japanese audiences.

aaaaahhhhhaaaaahaaaaa the ultimate cuck case

also I never said 3DS remake (they want it dead anyways). Gimme switch or something.

One of the best in the series desu

9 remake is being planned, there was video where Yuji Horii and Level 5 CEO were talking about it. Still no announcement yet, though.

>tfw you finally get to dress up your redheaded pompadour delinquent MC in that cool black t shirt and pants like he was always meant to wear
Would have prefered a jacket but beggars can't be choosers
Whole game led up to that moment for me

If I had known you'd be playing as a fucking guardian angel I wouldn't have made him have that hair and face, I went in completely blind.

Well for starters it's a game where like 80% of the focus and content is geared towards multiplayer. But the game only supports local multiplayer. Nice in 2009 in a country where everybody buys every DQ game, but playing through it now...

Attached: 20190810_030547.jpg (4032x2268, 2.75M)

The Exchange is a shitty onions organization in Ohio, I do not know if they are elsewhere, all the employees are always weed smoking jews that amount to nothing in life and harass you to no end like the worst Best Buy employees with their shitty overpriced trash store.
If there is one place you wish they'd fire up the ovens and gas chambers for one last time, it's The Exchange.

Attached: 1548410773927.jpg (602x390, 48K)

Shoulda have just pirated it. It’s not like buying used supports the creators anyway.

Furthermore, OP, I know you hid that price for a reason, SAD!

>the proof of purchase for others to see is what makes it valuable!!
LOL

I'm suddenly remembering doing bullshit sidequests to unlock new vocations and if they add more, there will be more of that shit

>kill chimeras with poison
>they heal themselves

Attached: 1398813037065s.jpg (250x183, 5K)

that stance?!

Attached: file.png (978x483, 773K)

>Eating Gamestop's shit and thanking them

I wish I was dead

You'll have a great time. Enjoy user.

a great game but missing a bunch of side shit due to the DS servers being down

Really fucking boring start. Takes forever to change your vocation so if you don't like your starting class then you can just save your skillpoints until you change.

Well the game doesn't explicitly tell you to make new party members which are kind of necessary because you start as a Minstrel regardless which is mediocre at best. You can make your new party members in whatever starting vocation you want though

while this is still a decent game, it is a massive step back from VIII. feels a bit like what VII should have been instead of that mess

the best and most refined dragon quest experience to date

Attached: moonbroke.png (1200x1200, 774K)

>fighting boss
>debuff i need to win works
>still lose so come back and debuff again
>doesnt work 10 times now
fucking epic

No need for that anymore.
github.com/barronwaffles/dwc_network_server_emulator/wiki

Have a monk in your team.
Never have to worry about weapons for them, and their skills are nice.

>these things are practically worthless without the box and manual
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
yeah, FUCK
who would want to play a video gamme? they're designed to be put on the wall and admired in hushed towns by your dinner party guests
>oh, that? yes, that's Catherine, Full Body Edition, for the PS4.
>oh, yes, yes, absolutely stirring

A great dq game which actually got me into the series. Really solid game although it helps if you’re a little autistic and make up personalities for your team since you make them all yourself.