Was it actually bad or just a disappointment?

Was it actually bad or just a disappointment?

Attached: KH3_KeyArt_Reveal_1200x12002.jpg (1195x630, 223K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oHILByN6e3Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Goty

yes

Over-hyped to shit by the fanbase, when it wasnt the time machine to relive their teenage years that they expected, they turned on it

Both and I pre ordered it

Meh. I'd say it's an 8/10 or so mechanically, but the story is pretty nothing. There's a lot of resolution tie-up, but it all feels very direct and obligatory, like they were just checking off boxes to wrap up loose ends, even if it resulted in some cool moments like Terra's return and Lingering Will stepping in for a second only to fucking vanish without reason. Overall it was a good time, but I thought some of the worlds were pretty lame and it was really annoying that they saved seemingly the entire real plot for the final six hours of the game, once the story wakes up and decides Sora's allowed to go save Aqua now without him understanding the Power of Waking.

Neither.

The story doesn’t start until the last 4 hours

it was neither. don't let xv-kun and salty nintendofags meme you into hating it.

For me it wasn't that dissapointing considering all the games building up to were bad to mediocre so it's was about what I expected.

3.5 remix will fix it

KH3 is dogshit cope.

youtu.be/oHILByN6e3Q

It was okay. A 7/10 at best.

Not great but not bad, has some issues like:
Most of the Disney worlds felt like filler
Frozen and Tangled worlds were basically "the movie in cliffnotes form, with the occasional SDG cameo"
Plot doesn't kick in until the last few hours of the game (basically after the PotC world)
Combat relied too much on overpowered AoE movies (namely the carnival rides)
More loose plot threads
Over wanking the mobage

>3.5 remix will fix it
I doubt the DLC can fix all the problems of KH3

Neither, it was a great game. This fanbase is just retarded, they were shitting on KH2 too when it first released but now they're sucking its dick. They were shitting on second visits and now they want them back etc.

KH3 was a great game and time will prove this.

Attached: Kino Hearts 3.jpg (1750x1450, 2.75M)

it just felt so fucking empty

>they were shitting on KH2 too when it first released but now they're sucking its dick

because of KH2FM+

as I saw in another thread, most of the things that KH2 is now praised for was stuff that was added in Final Mix

really bad design. super casual & simplified, mostly cutscenes and in-games cinematic, very little gameplay value.
they didn't even release the mediocre critical mode til months later. the story & lack of content was super bad too. I don't think they can salvage it with updates.

Both.
Gameplay was a massive downgrade to previous games with even more "Press button to become invincible and win fight" than KH2. Keyblade upgrading is nothing but stat inflations. While many of the bosses are cool, none of them were particularly hard. I started a Critical run when it came out and I didn't even make it through Olympus before I just put the game down since their whole thing of "Critical will be more than enemies doing more damage and you have more AP" felt like a lie. Also Riku and Aqua being playavle was pure trailer bait and a borderline lie.
Story wise the game is a fucking mess, even more than 3Ds could have hoped to screw things up. Nothing makes sense even in-universe and half the worlds don't help figure it out. And beyond that, for every question answered, two more got asked. How the fuck are the Foretellers back? What the fuck is Luxu doing? Why is Sora in Japan now? What the fuck is that Versus 13 Game-Inside-a-Game bullshit that Nomura is pushing? How did Skuld get to Radiant Garden? Why were Ephemer and the Dandelions at the Keyblade Graveyard, the exact place they shouldn't have been? Instead of getting a satisfying closing the ending just made the game feel like filler. And just like Riku and Aqua being playable, so many moments were such utter trailer bait that it was disgusting.
>Donald dies and Sora going nuts equates to 'Lol time rewind ex machina'
>All of Frozen's shit
>Luxord in the Carribean equated to nothing but another plot hook
>Hundred Acre Woods
The game just felt fucking hollow. Sure the bar was set unbelievably high, but a lot of the game felt like it wasn't even trying to be good, and was just pushing players through to get to the end so they can get hooked on a credit scene again and wait another 13 years for KH4.

To be honest I think that the next Kingdom Hearts game is NOT going to sell not even 4 million units strictly because Kingdom Hearts 3 was disappointing and blatantly felt unfinished with all the subplots NOT concluded. Nomura himself said that even before we consider seeing Kingdom Hearts 4 he needs another side game. What is this? No way does that game sell well.

And whenever Nomura finally properly does Kingdom Hearts 4? Let's face reality the novelty of this series has not only died, but the story is too badly written in general I doubt even fans are specifically interested in the plot. They also ran out of major big title Disney movies to use in Kingdom Hearts as well with the exception of The Incredibles (the only final iconic legacy film).

To me it feels like this is the end of Kingdom Hearts. Like it will never receive the great sales or adoration from the fanbase (not with KH3 being disappointing to a chunk of people). Does anyone else feel the same? Kingdom Hearts is not too big to fail.

>And whenever Nomura finally properly does Kingdom Hearts 4?

He needs to FINISH FF7 Remake which is episodic so don't expect Kingdom Hearts anything during the PS5 gen. Nomura needs to commit to FF7. He likes FF7 much more than Kingdom Hearts and he knows that if he doesn't commit to FF7 Remake his bosses will be angry at him. FF7 is the Golden Goose of that company. Imagine if Nomura gets lazy with that? They may discontinue Kingdom Hearts out of spite or give Kingdom Hearts to some other person to direct.

>They may discontinue Kingdom Hearts out of spite or give Kingdom Hearts to some other person to direct.
They need to do that now. Nomura already borderline ruined the KH franchise by bringing over his Versus-13 hissy fit.

This is true. Why would you make a literal Not FF Versus type of character when you know that DISNEY automatically owns anything created for Kingdom Hearts. It's like in his anger he got blinded and forgot the rules of the contract. If the whole contract's rules are true, that Disney by default owns all original creations in Kingdom Hearts, then I detect a falling out in the future between Nomura and Disney when Nomura realizes that he cannot do what he wants with Not Versus' characters.

As far bringing in a new person to direct Kingdom Hearts? I would be open to it if they hired someone worth a damn. All I want are simple stories where Sora matures mentally with each new experience. Nothing too complicated, just something enjoyable because under Nomura? Sora has become one of the worst characters in the series. A Stupid Protagonist who doesn't learn from his experiences. Man Klonoa only has 2 games to his franchise and he has more depth to his character than Sora.