Which one

which one

Attached: osrsd.png (814x374, 8K)

Blue sword cause it's blue

blue

depends on how they work, fuck ass

so if you use the red one and it doesn't works the first time you can throw it away because it's not working ever again

As long as the other 50% of the blue sword's hit chance is above 0 it's objectively better

I buy the red sword twice. Sell the one that misses first.

not enough info on red sword

Blue, the other 50% of the time is implied to still have some chance of hitting.

use both in the recipe to forge the purple sword, or just buy the gold sword off the MTX shop

Red sword because I can buff the 50% chance with proc-increasing items and apparel.

>both miss
WOOOOOOOOW

Red is a 1-time roll to see if it hits forever or misses forever.

What game?

Attached: test.png (814x374, 17K)

>Buy red sword
>It misses
>Uninstall
Is this how gachafags approach life?

I just like red sword, alright?

It's basically just like that, except there's many possible bad outcomes and like two good ones.

based

???
wtf does it mean for it to 'miss above 0'

Red because I maxed out luck

Red, go all-in everytime or go home.

Pokemon.

Attached: FvsG.jpg (1647x1041, 177K)

Ah, worked it out after pondering for another 20s, I'm dumb

Which do you pick Now?

Attached: lolicatgirls.png (1374x398, 20K)

Statistically, wouldn't they eventually even out?

uh no?
Unless you buy a new red sword after each swing, in which case you're a fucking retard

Put both sword's handles on her ass and gangbang her with the charmed foes.

Attached: 1565382540117.png (462x504, 232K)

Blue sword and kill the catgirl to sell her pelt so I can buy the red sword too

>swing red sword
>it doesn't work
>it had a 50% chance to work or not
>implying that it doesn't work at all for any hit ever.

;_;

I'll take the catgirl, getting my first party member this early seems great

Attached: 798749845.gif (480x242, 1.34M)

>buy a new red sword after each swing
Lol what? What the fuck are you talking about??

>doesn't understand statistics

Blue sword, and then i use my charisma/jewish superpowers to get the catto gurl for free.

Reread the OP, retard.

weak bait

>mfw I'm not baiting and I'm literally calling these anons out on being retards

Look, you stupid shits. Either provide evidence that the OP's swords won't even out after 300 seconds of hits of hitting or fuck off.

Attached: 9jgq2iH.jpg (975x1300, 90K)

red would be better since you can raise your chance to hit through stats, but you can't change an implicit modifier of a weapon through your stats. its understood to be a non scaling unique affix by default, ergo, red is better.

the red sword has a 50% chance to never work

Red sword will always have a 50% chance of hitting. Half the time it will miss. So either 0% or 100%.

Blue sword will guarantee a hit half the time, the other half of the time use some other unknown hit percentage value that isn't 100%, (but could also be 100%). This value could be 99%, 50%, 0%, or any real number in between. If the unknown value is 99%, then this is essentially guaranteeing a hit always. As long as the unknown value is greater than 0%, the blue sword is better.

Sure.
>red sword: 50% chance to hit 100% of the time
You buy a red sword. Two cases:
1) You got lucky. Yay! You got the red sword that hits 100% of the time. You now have an incredible weapon.
2) You got unlucky. Oh no! Your unfortunate excuse of a red sword doesn't hit 100% of the time.

Meanwhile, the blue sword will definitely have a 50% chance of hitting per swing.

Now, after 300 seconds with red sword (1), you hit every time.
With red sword (2), you missed every hit for 300 seconds.
With blue, you landed half of your hits.
Enjoy your lesson, ESL-kun.

Red Sword means it has a 50% hit chance no matter what. So it would be good vs enemies where your natural hit chance is lower, but worst for any enemies where your natural hit chance is higher.

Blue Sword works off your natural chance to hit, but half your hits are also guaranteed to land no matter what, so it's always at least as good as red, and most of the time better than red.

So Blue > Red

What if i gave you guys more companions to choose from?

Attached: lolicatgirls.png (1374x907, 35K)

I don't give a fuck about this thread, but damn that pic is delicious my guy. Thanks for posting.

>You buy a red sword. Two cases:
>1) You got lucky. Yay! You got the red sword that hits 100% of the time. You now have an incredible weapon

you mother fuckers need to go through school again. the obvious parsing is [50% chance to hit] not [50% chance to] [hit 100% of the time]

Can I have a dog?

Attached: a true white knight.png (496x610, 607K)

You got it user, let me doodle it

>With red sword (2), you missed every hit for 300 seconds.
Correcting myself: the "bad" red sword might not actually be a 0% hit rate, but it's "not 100%", we just don't know what hit% it has.
The rest still stands, just changing that (2) might have actually landed some hits.

You're working off the assumption that the sword effects are the only possible way to land a hit, and not that they're buffs of some kind.

I am, yes.
Just as OP doesn't say "blue sword breaks after 1 hit" or "red sword only deals 1 damage per hit", I don't make assumptions like that. I just interpret the words that we're given.

here's ur dog

Attached: lolicatgirls.png (1374x907, 41K)

It's excellent, thank you shopkeeper.

But what kind of video game have you played where weapons have an innate chance to hit completely independent of the character wielding it? I can't think of a single one.

You forgot the third option, OP.

Attached: red AND blue.png (632x888, 99K)

What about a robo bro?

Pokemon? Moves have accuracy that isn't effected by the pokemon itself. (With some minor exceptions)

>really good at playing pretend
I bet they are really good at pretending to be a girl
I see right through your tricks

Attached: 1489449801306.jpg (750x734, 100K)

they look like draogn didlos

Fucking sold, I'll take the pupper

red sword cause its red

cumbrian nigger fuck off

But the moves aren't weapons wielded by the Pokemon.

I still think it's a safer assumption that the weapons are effects on top of a characters chance to hit, and not the entire chance to hit.

Well, you can put it in the dragon's pussy i guess?

>red sword has a 50% chance to always be accurate
>the remaining 50% means it has a below 100% accuracy rate
It's a straight up improvement

>brian
retard in charge of spelling

Every fucking day. Every single fucking day when i come home this little faggot just sits there and gives me this stupid look on his face.

spermind cant read lmao

added a robo bro

Attached: lolicatgirls.png (1374x907, 50K)

user you don't understand, he's clearly accusing the shopkeep of being from Cumbria

i'm glad you anons get my REALLY WITTY references

Dual wield

Catgirl, cause she's cute. Also, early first party member.

haha u almost baited me into getting filtered! zing! nice one janny

doesn't it depend on how long the fight is? the red sword would be better for extended fights and blue would be better for short fights? but id pick the blue one because rng is fun

Oh no, it's retarded...

Attached: oh no it's retarded.webm (640x640, 1.67M)

How about we start fusing some options?
>robro longtime friend good at pretend
>dogbro who charms foes with its cute doggo appearance and grants morale boost

u somehow also fit into that epic response a ad typoneum! nice oneeeee janny retard nigger faggot

Hit or miss, I guess they never miss, hub?

Well, look at you!

Attached: advanced circumcision.png (849x657, 111K)

NOTHING I COULD DO

here is ur fusion
robodogbro

Attached: lolicatgirls.png (1474x907, 58K)

The answer depends on how many red swords you can find. A simple verification algorithm with a chance for error is to swing the sword 100 times - if it fails at any point, you've got a sword that doesn't hit 100% of the time.
The blue sword is safer since you're guaranteed a sword that evens out to doing damage half the time, but of course the lower risk means you won't get something good. So all in all it really depends on how the red swords are distributed (normally, etc), whether you have a true random chance of getting a "good" red sword, etc.

If each sword is associated with a cost function, then this problem is reduced to an online algorithm problem as well.

Attached: 1528239482524.png (492x500, 347K)

>bottom left
how big is his dick

6 inches

I came to that comic.

I would've preferred something slightly larger, but I'll take him then, please. He can dominate me.

It has a 50% to not work all the time. The probability space Ω includes events where the sword has a 99.9% swing rate, 99.99%, 99.999%, and so on. So it's not as bad as you're pointing it out to be. All you really have to do is amortize the possibilities with respect to some cost per type sword

catgirl, really could use a morale increase and party member

Nice
Is 6 a good size for feminine penises? asking for a friend haha

Put both swords together and swing, always hits and misses, the perfect weapon

Yeah, but I prefer traps to be unusually large.

the red one is likely to be better long run

the blue will always have a 50/50 chance to hit. However the red one, even if it doesn't hit the first strike, that doesn't mean it will never hit anything again. It is not an all or nothing deal, it will either hit 100%, or it will not, but that DOESN'T mean it won't ever hit

No but they're right about buying a new sword. The initial 100% or 50% refers to the event that you pick up a sword with the quality that directly follows it. That is, the red sword's description states that half the time, you'll find a sword that misses no swing, and the blue sword's description is that every single time, you find a sword that averages to hitting about half of the strikes.

Yeah, especially since even if the red sword doesn't have a 100% of having a 100% hit rate, you still have a meaningful chance to have something like a 90% hit rate or better, etc.

>not embracing your faggotry by collecting every color sword and forging the ultra rainbow light sword

we actually don't know that
all we know is that half the time it will always work

the other half isn't defined

Blue to avoid RNG screwage at the beginning of the game.

Dual wield to get the best of both worlds

You're still subject to RNG when swinging the sword lol. It comes down to averaging out over time. There's no consistent pattern to how many missed swings you have since it's true random or even pseudorandom

You have your wording backwards. The red sword having an effect that happens "100% of the time" means it is always active. That effect is a 50% hit rate. It is an "all or nothing" deal.

The blue sword having an effect that happens "50% of the time" means the buff/debuff will only activate half the time. And that effect is a 100% hit rate. It uses its normal, other hit rate the other half the time. Because this is an "all or something" deal, it is inherently better than the red sword.

No it doesn't. This is a very very very bad understanding of probability
Look at

Shut up faggot

user, I'm late but good Robo Bro.

Fuse the two swords.
>75% chance to hit 75% of the time
>25% chance to miss 25% of the time

Oh I see what you're saying. Let me adjust it then to show you the other perspective.

>50% chance to hit, 100% of the time
>100% chance to hit, 50% of the time

Isn't red sword just a proc effect? 50% chance you'll always hit, or else it's just whatever your base hit rate is. The blue sword overrides your hit rate, so it's always 50/50 chance to hit.

Attached: 2509953969340140.jpg (1920x1080, 257K)

okay say it doesn't hit 100% of the time? Who is to say it doesn't hit 90%, 80%, 66.66666%...etc?

What are you talking about? That's Lucky Star's own Konata Izumi.

Think I could get a bear or another cat, user?

ty
just a regular animal?

You can't switch the sequence of events in the probabilistic statement like that because they're not independent actions. That is the say in your rewording, the top description is the blue sword and the bottom description is the red sword

>red sword
"it will hit half the time all the time."
>blue sword
"it will always hit half the time."
seems the same to me

no lol. It's Why can't Yea Forums into basic probability
Red sword is better because you can still have much higher hit rates despite not having a 100%

Doesn't matter, anything will do.

Attached: dancecat.gif (258x232, 47K)

The lack of a comma in the statements makes the dependent actions differ. If we take the red sword as an instance, saying it

>[50% chance],[to hit 100% of the time]

then the initial statement about the sword either always hitting or never hitting is true. The second clause is dependent on the first clause. Meanwhile if the statement is worded as

>[50% chance to hit],[100% of the time]

then instead the first clause is dependent on the second clause, and the sword has a guaranteed 50:50 hitrate. Therefore because of the lack of clarifying which clause is true there is no way to see what the sword will do until you purchase it and try it. So the only one who wins here is the shady shopkeeper running the sword lottery.

Technically speaking, I think it could end up just being a normal ass sword. It won't hit 100% of the time but it can hit any other percentage.

100% of 50 is 50% of 100, so obviously blue

blue sword
better dead than red

Attached: lolicatgirls.png (1472x1508, 70K)

Based, but bluepilled. Thank you, user.

Attached: ballin.png (333x360, 88K)

Sorry user, the bear thought that tf2 was for casuals

excellent

Ah that's fair

Where's a scorpion companion

Trick question. You'll dump either one five quests later when you find a version with a 5% elemental effect chance boost

depends on the game but if we're talking real life i'll take my chances on the red one

Attached: 69f0993e67fdf02c318f451dfa5ddfbb.png (399x453, 191K)

Attached: lolicatgirls.png (1472x1508, 83K)

red sword procs statistically within a few swings, then has a 100% chance to hit forever afterward. blue sword always misses 50% of the time. eacy choise.

What do you think of a wallaby pal?

are you asking me to draw rocko

fpbp

>will let you on his car allowing you to enjoy the breeze as he runs down everyone
>understands horoscopes are the one tried and true personality diagnosis
Absolutely based lad

Still sticking to the catgirl though.

What if it was a catgirl (male) and the schoolgirl was a female?

So a "Mysterious Stranger" kind of deal?

Why would a catgirl (male) have breasts?

Nah, though I know how topical it is. But now that you mention it, do it for the lulz.

Attached: poyo.png (124x128, 28K)

Huh, could be fake ones i guess, its just a hypothetical. And yeah, very mysterious

I drew this for Yea Forums the other day as satire
it was before the special came out

Attached: rockopride.png (485x737, 26K)

How about intelligent weapon Singing Sword, who is actually pretty good at singing. Adds commentary to your choices and is overall just as bro as Robo Bro. Good synergy with him if both are party members.

Attached: n49122.jpg (316x420, 39K)

Oh yeah, I saw that. Pretty good shit, user, got an internet handle or anything I can use to check in on your work? Keep up the good work, anyhow!

Attached: 10211190.jpg (400x400, 75K)

I go by @mysticeso on twitter, but don't post much anymore, i dump all my Yea Forums scribbles on my shitty discord though

what the fuck is a lanyon~?

its supposed to be < Anyon
user but with a nya sound
sorry if im a retard

Red Sword, then get an item that boosts accuracy.

Nice. Maybe you could make a side twitter for your Yea Forums shit? Just a suggestion.

tada, im actually curious about this singing sword
I could i guess, i have an irl twitter i dont tie to my nsfw content, 3 twitters seems a bit hard doe

Attached: lolicatgirls.png (1472x1604, 93K)

True. You could also just post your Yea Forums stuff to the account you linked. Much easier to manage.

Love you.

The weapon itself is supposed to be similar to Excalibur. As for intelligent weapon, it is just a concept I like: The weapon you are wielding having a mind of its own and follows its own agenda.

Attached: vSword1.jpg (300x427, 201K)

Nifty, and it sings too huh? im a bit of a singer myself

Only in other stories and settings. In Prince Valiant it is "just" a legendary sword.

This shit is hilarious btw. Funniest shit I've seen on Yea Forums all night.

No, gachafags would keep buying red swords that keep missing, until they're thousands in debt. Hundreds of thousands if you're talking yen.

So its not intelligent then? or is it intelligent but only sometimes sings

>Purple Sword
>50% chance to hit 50% of the time

Depends on the setting. In Prince Valiant it is not, but in other stories it is intelligent and sings for the heck of it.

nice thead OP

Attached: chickenvegeta.gif (500x300, 352K)

based

>Sometimes charms foe
You cuck

Time changes when you move away from a source of gravity (jump), so if you jump and hit with the blue sword you should get a better hit chance.

what are you gonna do with two swords

Attached: youkilledher.png (540x420, 24K)

>what are you gonna do with two swords
Dumbest fucking question I've ever read in my life. What CAN'T you do with two swords?

you cant bring her back

Attached: p.png (540x420, 14K)

what am i looking at

i believe that's a catgirl pelt

Au contraire. With two swords I can now cut my way into the crust of the planet until I find a hellgate, then cut may way into hell and retrieve the catgirl's damned and burning soul, and drag it back out with me as I cut through the swathes of demons with ecstatic glee. Upon reaching the mortal realm again I can go to the clergy to get the catgirl resurrected, and if they refuse I can just show them I have two swords.

There is nothing a man with two swords cannot do. Once you have them you have it fuckin' made.

Attached: lolicatgirls.png (1472x1604, 99K)

why not both?
i have two hands after all

Attached: Pontiff_Sulyvahn_Achievement.jpg (1920x1080, 217K)

this shit is great OP keep it up

turns out one thing they cant do is always hit

Attached: miss.png (540x420, 16K)

offer her limp, defiled corpse to the dark powers of this world to gain unholy strength.

kill jester

Attached: GP24258579.jpg (615x346, 29K)

thanks anyons~
any suggestions for more items/companions?

50% of the time works every time

what about a prince who got cursed and turned into a Werebeetle?

a chef companion that can cook for you. guy is really good usually, the food provides great buffs but he has a problem with alcohol so sometimes the stuff is fucking awful, the ingredients get all fucked up and it causes diseases

i got good ideas for both o dese, will draw in a sec

you already sold her to the shopkeeper

Attached: shop.png (243x379, 12K)

A ghost guy, who is compulsively cryptic. He is also dismayed by the fact that he can't help but obfuscate everything he says behind a slew of riddles.

Its weird how few people realize that blue is better.

>take 100 swings with each sword
>with red, every swing has a 50% chance of hitting
>statistically you should expect 50 hits
>with blue, for 50 swings you are guaranteed to hit
>without additional statistics, you are guaranteed anywhere from 50 to 100 hits
Blue wins hands down. Fuck you guys need to work on your word problem skills...

beetle prince

Attached: lolicatgirls.png (1472x1760, 115K)