Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Attached: SamusReturns.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

I wonder if I closed the garage door

I know SR-388 was mostly just caverns and caves but I hated how boring it made the areas feel. Just colorless, lifeless deep cave after cave. Otherwise, good game.

Good game, it just needed more enemy variety. Much better than federation force at the very least.

Good concepts, iffy execution.

The parry is a good idea on paper but it slows the game down too much
The environments needed much more variation and sense of space. It never feels like you are traveling under ground even though the whole point of the game is to go deeper and deeper into sr388
Overall it was by no means bad, just mostly forgettable and doesn't stack up to the other 2d games which are almost all masterpieces. As a first Metroid game after such a long hiatus, I'm satisfied and I trust the devs to make a follow-up assuming they can learn from their mistakes

>Mhmm....my Medallion is humming....Metroid....gotta be...

metroid

her annoying wavedash sound

It was pretty good but lacked the memorable thing, i keep forgetting the game exists...and i own it 100% complete.

It just did alright in every way.

Second best Varia
Second worst Arm Cannon

It's good, but it's also obviously a 3rd party test title. Nintendo commonly hires smaller 3rd party studios to makes games to check for talent. Based on the performance of Samus Returns, I except a few people from MercurySteam got pinched.

2.5D has always been a waste of time.

They did the best they could with what they were given, but it doesn't change the fact Metroid II is the most boring 2D Metroid. Diggernaut is a 10/10 boss fight though. If every boss fight in Metroid 5 are up to that standard, and they couple it with some actually GOOD exploration, it could easily be amazing.

Worst Varia, worst Gravity.
Stupid fucking Tron lights everywhere.

I completely agree with this. 2.5D can get a pass with traditional platformers a la Mario or Sonic, but an exploration game like this felt so bizarre and unsettling with 2.5D. I kept thinking the game would look so much better had it just been 2D. At least it allowed for the 3D cut scenes which were great and added a bit of much needed tension and stakes to the otherwise kinda bland game.

Fucking fantastic boss fights, just wish they didn’t reuse the same handful of them dozens of times. The final stretch is kino.

am2r > m2 > sr
they're all good though

3D has always been a waste of time. Fuck your pain in the ass controls FPS Metroid games and your horrible 3D Mario games.

>add shitty melee parry to a character with the world's most versatile gun for an arm
>make it the primary focus of every fight
Dumbest idea ever.

you did, don't worry.

>original game only had a shitload of Metroids and Arachnus as bosses
>Samus Returns only added two more bosses, Diggernaut and Proteus Ridley
I will say that on the boss front AM2R did a much better job, with the various Chozo security machines and bringing back Serris.