2nd most hyped game of all time

> 2nd most hyped game of all time
> 96 Metascore based on hype alone
> Media has a glaring Zelda bias
> Still lost GOTY to Elder Scrolls Oblivion
Was it really THAT Horrible?

Attached: Twilight Princess.jpg (776x960, 368K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LepGlDFhcKM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Its better than every Zelda to be made since

fbpb

I liked it
Only issue I had with it was how useless they made the spinner outside the arbiters grounds and parts of the temple of time
thing was fun as fuck to use

Yes

How bad it sounds the game actually starts after almost three hours when you arrive to the village?

Fuck trying to emulate the GC version, need a special patch for Dolphin just to move around in the overworld once you hit mid-late game.

This is sadly true

>Try to emulate it
>2 fps, game barely runs
>When I played it on gamecube the game took 4 fucking hours to get started proper

The intro sequence is what kills me every time goddamn it

AlbW & BotW proves you wrong.

TP is my favourite zelda game

It'd be the best Zelda if it didn't have so much filler between the fantastic dungeons and combat was a little harder. Best dungeon design in the series imo. But it's definitely better than SS and BOTW imo, but I like Zelda games to be Zelda games and dungeon focused and didn't need spiced up, just high quality of what it was already doing with a gimmick per game, so...

Aside from Midna, Wolf Link, and the gritty/"realistic" artstyle, I barely remember anything about it.

>Link Between Worlds
>good
Lmao
Breath of the Wild isnt a Zelda game and its also not better than Twilight Princess

seriously though, they could've even done a minigame where you had to scoot it around like a skateboard but it ended up being relegated to being just another puzzle tool for the occasional heart piece

>8.8

Attached: ▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀.jpg (427x375, 23K)

>dude alttp2 is better than dude oot2
Both are great but disagree since Albtw had to mitigate puzzle difficulty by assuming you only had one item per dungeon
>botw
Dungeons are shit and I like Zelda for dungeons. Hopefully 2 is more dungeon focused now that the main concept and world is created and they can focus on this.

It didn't have the same spirit of adventure as many zeldas do for me. I didn't think it was bad but not for me

Worst home village
Wolf sections are sooooo booooring
Fuzzy screen all the time, they tried way too hard to compete with xbox/ps2 gfx
Twilight monsters were boring and their music is annoying. Clearing twilight corruption is a straight up chore.

Otherwise good game.

Were you that pissed off that everyone shitted on WW that you had to make a thread about TP? Autism

desu its kinda shit

Not saying much

>Breath of the Wild isnt a Zelda game and its also not better than Twilight Princess
The irony is strong here.

Attached: 1490233939123.jpg (305x309, 54K)

shut up you fucking retard

Memba when Gamespot gave it 8.9 and ruined the AAA stream? Good times.

>ALBW
An insultingly easy basically remake of ALttP that has an item rental gimmick that cheapens all of the puzzles and dungeons
>BOTW
An empty, shallow "open world" game that pads itself out with boring and tedious"find the needle in a haystack" elements.

>insultingly easy basically remake of ALttP

Attached: 1449379216952.jpg (600x604, 52K)

Pretty much all the content that got people hyped for it got cut from the game.
Like almost everything from the first 2 trailers is not in the game.

>4 Hours to get started proper
i just started to reply it for the forth time and you either dumb or lying
Its takes 2 hours max if your reading all the story

Also cemu runs it really well, and TP HD is the better version so play that instead

>Pretty much all the content that got people hyped for it got cut from the game.
It's all there except those weird looking monsters.

Clearly you have brain damage if you thin ALBW is challenging.

By far the worst 3D Zelda, even compared to the abomination that is Skyward Sword.

Let's not pretend that Alttp had soul crushing difficulty as well.

best artstyle imotbqh. Filtered all the autists who needed everything to be all bright and colorful.

TP HD is worst you can't move while holding a bow like in the Wii version

the only things in the 2004 trailer that are in the final game are the horseback battle and fyrus and both are different and less hype in the final game.

>best artstyle imotbqh
Wouldn't you mean lightning? The artstyle for characters in TP was horrid aside the best looking Zelda.

Attached: 1558929839708.png (523x536, 420K)

The game had consistently good dungeons and Midna was one of the best companions in the series. Everything else about the game was a disappointment.

>artstyle exclusively talks about characters

>both are different and less hype in the final game
Are you kidding? there was hype leading up to Fyrus from the goron elders who tell you that's he a force to be wrecked with as you continue through the dungeon. Also, the horseback duel on the bridge.

Yes; characters are the most noticeable and part of artstyle.

>Best design for Link
>Best design for Zelda
>Best design for Ganondorf
>Best partner
>Best Castle Town
>last game where Link is a leftie

Not even close to being horrible.

i didn't mean there was less hype building up to the reveal of fyrus in the game wut nigga
fyrus is much slower in the final game and doesn't do the attack he does in the 2004 trailer unless you stand there for a while.
and the bridge duel is not in the e3 2004 trailer.

Twilight princess is the most forgettable boring, uninspired zelda game
keep seething eternally twilight emos

Attached: file.png (284x265, 87K)

>noticeable and part
I was gonna call you a retard for having such an opinion but judging by how you type I think you might actually be one. My apologies.

>y twilight emos
This was said in the other Zelda thread too. Sad

>uninspired
It was very clearly inspired, though. If you want to say its bad, then say that. Don't say things you don't know the meaning of.

>Think TP arstyle is good
>Calling other people retarded

Attached: 1562039817527.jpg (685x684, 36K)

it was almost well executed. Game is too easy, Ganondorf comes out of nowhere, items aren’t used as often outside of their dungeons, sidequests are lame, and hidden sword skills aren’t useful because the game is easy

I didnt say it was good. I just said artstyle encompasses more than character models. Which is true.

And the most important part of artstyle are said characters.

>Still lost GOTY to Elder Scrolls Oblivion
There is no singular GOTY

I would argue the most important thing is the scenery considering there will be times in which the only character on the screen is your own and you will always be surrounded by scenery.

Considering the "muh grafix" argument and the amount of time autistic devs spend on making grass and rocks, I think the other user is about right.

twilight princess is literally ocarina but better, aside from a few missteps like the bug catching and mandatory fetch quests between dungeons. it's vastly better than breath of the wild, wind waker, and skyward sword.

when you say "twilight princess art style" you dont think of jew baby. You think of the fucked up colors of the twilight realm, you absolute autist.

Gerstmann was right.

Actually he was wrong, he rated that shit too high

Gerstmann's a bitch who cant even review games because muh politics

But TP had great character design...

Attached: Twilight-Princess-Characters-the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-24545810-1536-2048.png (1536x2048, 923K)

Attached: 6291-1063581876.png (363x600, 163K)

It's the best Zelda game ever made.

Attached: 23423.jpg (956x715, 87K)

Attached: th.jpg (248x331, 10K)

TP link is still unironically my favorite link. The chainmail under his tunic just gives a real good "Here for business" aspect to him.

Attached: Twilight-Princess-Characters-the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-24545320-600-1200.png (600x1200, 493K)

One more just for (You)

Attached: Barnes_Large.png (1240x1654, 948K)

naw ToLoB2 is way better than those

I'm mad BotW Link doesn't actually have TP Link's look as a costume option.

I'm still flummoxed that Link didn't swap out of his blue look during the game.

You gotta appeal to the trannies. TP Link would scare BotW players.

Attached: TP Link Adult designs.jpg (669x900, 87K)

I remember how cool he looked in the original when you couldn't see the big fuckin dork nostrils

If you're going to make link a twink, at least give him a dominant amazon love interest for fetishbait.

It felt pretty weird but I liked some of the other armor options so I guess it was tolerable.

But none of them could touch TP's magic armor. ;_;

Twilight Princess is fucking boring, it's such a disappointment after playing OOT.

Fuck Fedoras Mask, it doesn't exist.

>the best 3D Zelda game doesn't exist
What DID he mean by this?

Unf

WWcucks fear the MM

Majora's Mask is the most overrated Nintendo game ever, the faggot fanbase is fully of pretenious assholes who constantly wank about how "Le dark & Edgy" Majora's Mask is but shit on TP despite having the exact same flaws

ITT: Actual people who enjoy zelda games and agree TP is Good, Or even really good depending on the person
And annoying WW fags who keep their grudge instead of simply enjoying all zelda

>Ganondorf comes out of nowhere

I am thoroughly convinced you people either dont pay attention to what is happening or dont know how to read

MM had an extremely lengthy tutorial segment, dungeons that all functioned and played the exact same way, easy enemies, and items that were only useful in their own dungeons?

zant should've been the final boss
ganondorf was only there to steal his thunder and be an obvious callback to oot
prove me wrong

Yes unironically it does

No, I'm playing it right now, it's unironic kino. It also surprises me at times how dark it was for a nintendies game.

>that guy in ordon village who gets injured protecting her pregnant wife from monsters
>he is all full of bloody bandages (can visibly see red blood)

And then we got toddler shit in skyward sword where the enemies literally look out a cartoon. I miss the kino TP atmosphere.

Who actually played the Wii version?
The Gamecube version was superior in every single way

Attached: WVW69knir54b2_x7OJ.jpg (800x450, 122K)

I played both the GC version and the Wii version
GC is nice but Wii was kinda fun with the motion controls IMO
Made using the bow a bit more fun and GOD DAMN did it make Rollgoal easier

OOT, BOTW, and Windwaker are the only good 3D Zelda games, all the 2D ones are great, ALTTP being the best.

>It also surprises me at times how dark it was for a nintendies game.
You're not even touching the actual fucked part; the Arbitor's Ground. The Royal Family literally desecrated a Gerudo holy temple by turning it into a prison and had them ethically cleansed. And the game doesn't even tell you, it's something that you kinda have to fit together.

>OOT, BOTW, and Windwaker are the only good 3D Zelda games
>and Windwaker
Shut the fuck WWbaby, your game isn't even finished.

the game alluded to zant having a master at least 10 times

in the TP manga link literally has his arm severed and like half the village is slaughtered the first time bulbin appears

Attached: Oh no oh no.jpg (1200x1200, 207K)

MUH MUH MUH SCORES
fuck off you shit, scores are easily fucked by salty shits like yourself with 0s to "prove a point"

Yeah I saw your other two threads. Talk about obsessed and GAY

how many times are you going to post this image like its supposed to mean something

Manga TP Link is literally the best Link.

Attached: Link:Midna(manga).jpg (898x1280, 187K)

OTP right here, boys.

>Wind Waker above Majora's Mask and Link's Awakening

Attached: sad_lain.jpg (251x231, 11K)

Yeah pretty much the peak of Zelda pairings.

Attached: midna:link.jpg (1062x752, 151K)

LA being that low is fucking criminal.

> Popularity polls from normalfags on Twitter
> Implying review scores mean anything

>TP HD is worst you can't move while holding a bow like in the Wii version
Nigga what?
>made the twilight sections shorter
>made it so you could carry more rupees from the start
>Added hero mode to make the game harder
>made the game look better
>removed the "you picked up a blue rupee" bullshit
>made climbing faster
Moving while aiming is never useful
Stop being dumb

Attached: 1537743003579.jpg (640x480, 38K)

It's funny because usually I wouldn't even blink twice with half the pairing not even speaking, but Link being her 'dog' or 'silent champion' just works in the context of the game. With just Midna's dialogue and Link's expressions you can feel the chemistry. It's nice.

How did we go from this

>>Added hero mode to make the game harder
every zelda game should have this from the start, made the game so enjoyable.

TO THIS

Attached: Botw Link.jpg (714x960, 119K)

It was great, you could see the change in their relationship after Zant's ambush by the little touches like Midna getting more physical with Link.

Attached: TP manga.jpg (480x683, 94K)

the dungeons were probably my favorite in the franchise, shame the rest of the game is a slog and completely forgettable

It has pacing issues and I honestly do think it's massively overrated, but it doesn't suffer from the same issues as TP. It wastes your time in different ways.

The hips of a pregnant woman lmao

Is the manga fully translated yet? Last I checked it was only up to Goron Mines.

>artstyle for characters in TP was horrid
I'll never understand this line of thinking

ALBW is one of my favorites in the series, such a good game

>in an alt timeline instead of links crossbow training we got tony hawks x legend of zelda cross over
could have been kino doing grinds on the castle as ganon.

This game gets too much praise, only thing it has going for it are the cutscenes and midna

*last 3D game where Link is a lefty
FTFY

LOL IMAGINE BELIEVING THIS

He does though, unless you mean the Ordon one

Attached: 50be01b233b82b4b637b8a4b9b8f1681.png (1334x750, 1.01M)

imps

Attached: D7QUk-lU8AEmlQ_.jpg (1024x576, 53K)

>was it really that horrible
i never understood why people hate it, and say its bad. what were the biggest complaints about it?

that's the body of a muscular short woman with a double mastectomie

>Ocarina of Time is STILL king
Dab on all the BotWfags

>filtered autists
>has the most autistic fanbase of any zelda game
Yeah keep telling yourself that furfag/pedo, kill yourself

>breath of the wild
>that high
why would they let that many people with bad taste vote?

>he didn't even say anything

As a OoTfag BotW is the spiritual successor of OoT
>OoT released with Mario64
>BotW released with Odyssey
>BotW to get a direct sequel with the same assets like MM

Zoomers outnumber millennials on the internet 10 to 1 and the zoomer preferred game (BOTW) still lost.

Recency bias. Wait till the next Zelda game, then people will shit on BotW. The Zelda cycle is forever.

ALBW sucks

Ocarina came out 2 years after Mario 64

Based as fuck

Zelda TP is okay and MM is the best Zelda game.

You don't need to know more. Everything else is subjective and irrelevant.

Yeah, it's the biggest proof that you can buy those scores. I tell you this as a Zelda fag, the game doesn't deserve the praise it got. It's not even one of the top 3 3d entries.

FPBP

Well this is the timeline where the royal family discovered the Gerudo where planing a coup.

Game was way too easy.
Game was way too short. They thought they could stretch it out with dark world stuff but it's not the same if it's a filter over the light world. It didn't feel like more.
Putting the remains of the Sheikah into a wild west town was so damn weird. Japanese are blind to the weirdness of it. My bro was so grossed out from it, he almost stopped playing right there. I feel the same, but I can see what Nintendo tried to do there.
Yeah, giving hot Zora girls to the monster girl faction but not putting in Gerudo chicks was a dick move.
I'm highly convinced that Nintendo misinterpreted "a more realistic" Zelda experience (coming from WW) as "put no magic in the player inventory". This was the first main console game without a magic bar and I HATED it. I still hate it.

About hype. This game was advertised as a dark game. They tried to imitate Majora's Mask, but then just didn't. I don't know what happened, but there's almost zero impact.

> the royal family went third reich on the sand amazons
e-excuse me where is the evidence for that?

Attached: 1560884991997.jpg (253x300, 21K)

Being this much of a fucking brainlet and not using the specific cheat code programmed in EVERY dolphin release to fix this issue. Fuuuuuuuuu-

I liked TP but I felt like they skimped the game almost entirely of side content

OoT and MM had a bunch of minigames you could do and easter eggs to solve, but TP felt overly focused on the story

OOT>TP>MM>LA>WW>the rest
only zoomers will tell you breath of the wild is teh best zelda evurr

they missed quite a few opportunities for some real cool moments. Heroes shade is supposed to be OoT link, but is like 7 feet tall, and broad as as a barn.
really wanted a moment where he confronts ganon, and causes ganon to lose his shit in fear.

Attached: swol shade.png (1382x758, 1017K)

Imagine thinking TP is better than MM, LMAO!

finally people with taste
when are they gonna bring her back

Attached: 1429017760313.jpg (980x650, 476K)

Never. Miyamoto is a Zelda fag and won't allow for another love interest to be shipped.

But he was the one who came up with the idea of having more girls.
In his interview with iwata (oot interview) he said since link is a boy growing up he wanted more girls, this we got Ruto and making.

No, I'm thinking of things like Kakariko village's elder pedo for starters.

Hence the 'part of'

Most LAfags consider it #2 after LttP

>Malon literally exist to be waifubait

Attached: Screenshot_20190810-005835(1).jpg (1447x391, 162K)

>emulated TP on a potato 5 years ago
>perfectly smooth 30fps
I honestly don't know how you can screw up emulation, it's really not that hard

youtube.com/watch?v=LepGlDFhcKM

That Nintendo hasn't been able to do something as big as OoT with the series.

He's not wrong, it seems you didn't play the game.

>dark
Yes, the colors were brown and gold for the most part. Even at times you can't see shit, plebs somehow think that qualifies as "mature".

>IGN
Very very disrespectful.

adult link in OoT was 14 and we don't get to see him as a full grown adult, he probably had a great growth spurt

Adult OoT Link was 16 m8, also he was the talles man in the game besides non hylians and Ganondorf.
Since then Link became a manlets.

I thought he was 17. Don't fairy boys start their pokemon adventure at 10 or some shit?

He was 17 in the adult portion yes

The game went out of its way to make your playthrough uncomfortable
>teleporting to a village? better make sure to find a place to hide so you can tranform back into a human afterwards.

You know what's more fun than cluttering up the game with additional plot elements that convieniently prevent people from finding out link is the wolf... Letting playrs just reveal that shit whenever they wanted and seeing how they react.

They should've revealed the wolf part to the kids. Instead it feels like your entire journey is part of the fucking shadow realm or some shit

Wolf link is useless and actually makes the game worse. Prove me wrong.

how did ffxiv get away with it bros?

Midna isn't real
The fountain spirits aren't real
Zelda is just fine, and you've never actually been to hyrule castle, much less met the princess.

Link is just a schizophrenic religious nut. who got pushed over the edge when his girlfriend was killed by monsters. He kidnapped a random girl in castle town and brainwashed her till she thought she'd just lost her memories of living in his village.

>ALBW
Shit was barely good, it was a ok handheld game and that was it.

Nah, he's story-relevant. The real question is how do we make the gameplay not shit

Just finished it today, it was my first Zelda game. Playing through felt draining about halfway in, then I tried playing Minish Cap after and just deleted it because of how bored I was. Was planning on playing OoT, MM, WW, and SS, but if all Zelda games are this soul draining then I'm gonna pass.

even if Wolf is relevant to the story, it doesn't mean is a good addition, it's worthless and doesn't add anything to do the game. The worst parts of the game is where you ONLY use wolf link.

Best final boss too.

That's why I said figure out how to make the gameplay not shit

Having Wolf ONLY parts wasn't a bad idea, it was just executed badly. Just look at MM, the first three days are Deku ONLY and they were pretty good.