Journey

Just finished Journey:
>The start felt good, the feeling of exploration and esotericism was novel and nice
>The sandy desert was the best area, cute puzzles and the flying carpets were a nice companion
>Once the novelty wore off moving from one point to another felt like a chore
>The sliding sections were nice but heavy-handed
>The game points to this deep mysterious lore that never really pays off, specially after the ending
>The chilly mountain section was ABSOLUTE SHIT , tedious, boring, too many epic scripted "get fucked lol" moments, wind mechanic was cringe
>The final stretch before the ending was really fun and awesome
>Actual ending (cutscene lol) was lackluster
>Overall an hour and a half to finish. Kind of short but it served its purpose, so some parts felt underdeveloped, the enemies more specifically and the rune collectibles were very inconsequential during the playthrough BUT YOU DO HAVE TO GET EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM TO UNLOCK THE ONLY REPLAYABILTY FEATURE IN THE GAME.

The best section was the light tower section. Feeling a bit underwhelmed by the experience after hearing so much praise from so many different people. Discuss

Attached: 235454638.jpg (1200x675, 31K)

no one cares

Reddit game

I really enjoyed it, it was probably a combination of never hearing of it and getting it for free on playstation

Also I thought the flying bit at the end felt like a satisfying end to the game

Yeah, i should've gone in blind ,probably would have had a better time. But desu it just released on PC a few days ago.

Also im not sure if its the pc port but climbing over ledges was really buggy

I played it years ago so I don't remember anything so I can't vouch for any of the gameplay

I gave it to my 6yr old sibling twins to play and they enjoyed it.

I understood and experienced it more like a blank canvas represented by inert spaces that developed a present and a past in the process of experiencing them. The traveler is made and makes space in the proccess of experiencing it.
I found the last area pretty enjoyable, it just posed the question of why would one need to keep advancing, why not just get back to the desert area, where loneliness is absent because of the company of the helpful carpets.
The sliding area made sense as you/the 'hero' was being drawn and pushed by the enviroment itself.

garbage game

Really like the aesthetics, absolutely love the soundtrack. Overall lacks gameplay.

>game felt like a chore to complete

It's also pretty obvious that it tries to portray, and it does it elegantly, the stages of life, childhood, maturity, senility and death.

The mountain parts were much better with a partner for sure
>The best section was the light tower section.
This is true

This is why when playing a game you should ask yourself if mechanics, playability, boredoom, joy, etc have a specific role and sense in the whole frame of the game. This means to go beyond, 'this part i like', 'this part i don't like, lacks playability' which is a pretty simple and poor way of analysing a game.

>4 hour game
>chore

faggot

>4 hours

try playing the game nigger

Philosophically its a great game, in retrospect i enjoy the story it conveys.

That said the time spent actually finishing the gameplay did feel like a chore at times, which i get is by design but it doesn't make it any less annoying

it actually was though

>chore
>~90 minute game

maybe if you took your Ritalin before playing you would be able to concentrate on the experience

>no correlation

okay retard

Attached: 1540903549981.png (1046x1139, 1.03M)

true and based

You raise good points that I thought of while playing. My major complaint was just how much your controls and inputs are limited for the sake of cinematics. A lot of times your inputs are severely ignored, because you need to be looking at something specific, and cutscenes are unskippable on the computer. The snow level is tedious because of just how forcefully slow it is. Not only is there the wind blowing you back in 3 sections, but even when out of the wind you move slowly. And even if you have a full length white scarf, its use is incredibly limited to 3 bursts of flight.
I don't see much replayability value to it, but the Journey community is still active after all these years, and there are some who still play it every week. No idea what they gain from it, but they still do that.

For 5 dollars, it's fine.

OP did you play it offline?

Yes, i thought i t was a singleplayer experience. How much did i miss out?

>a few days ago
A weird way to say 2 months ago.

Not op, but connectivity in this game is iffy, especially on the computer. Partners can be disconnected for no reason, and players could be in the same area with the same conditions and still not get matched.
My first playthrough was barren. My second had someone show up and disconnect shortly after, while the list in the end mentioned 3 players. No clue where they were hiding.

A bunch. The game may silently match you with other players. Only means of communication is the pinging. It can be really deep, despite the simplicity of it.

It's great audiovisual experience but it can barely be called a game.

so undertale

Sorry op you missed out on half of the experience