Honestly, why is there so little sports game RPGs?

Honestly, why is there so little sports game RPGs?

Attached: mariopowertennis.jpg (1280x720, 183K)

Because sports in video games are the most boring theme

Because sports gamers are lowest common denominator.

Because why allow the ability to upgrade a character's stats when you can just create gatcha card systems

mario gold was 100x better

lol

Most people who like sports games dont like RPG mechanics and most people who like RPG mechanics dont like sports games. This is not complex.

Because to gamers,
R = Rampaging
P = Pillaging
G = Grinding
So an RPG without constant combat... it's unheard of!

Thus proving esports is a stupid term

what about people who like both?

Unfortunately for you there is not enough of you to make sports RPGs a worthwhile endeavor most of the time. A sports game or an RPG is gonna be more profitable for them almost every time.

Camelot Mario games with Golden Sun's engine are soulful as fuck.

>mario tennis RPG
i had an absolute blast with that game on the GBC. the last 2 'bosses' were actually challenging af and the grinding you did in the facility actually made you better at the game while your character leveled up

not many rpgs give you that feel

The GBC games had soul. The GBA games are soulless.

Willy wit dat side spin and celestial special shot

what's so soulless about them?

there's a whole japanese baseball series with an RPG mode that's pretty popular. too bad it'll never come here

it's called career mode

well really what sports game is there with a good career mode?
i've only really played NBA and MLB power pros and with NBA it stopped being good at 2k17. (2k16 was trash though)

Because sports games means having multiple players, and an rpg means you'll be playing by yourself which means dealing with shitty ai and computer opponents. Therefore you'd have to exclude sports with teams because relying on team ai sucks ass. And it'd have to be action-oriented to be interesting. Basically that leaves tennis, boxing, and maybe golf, which have already been done to death. Any other solo sport can only be good as part of a smaller minigame compilation.

It can be called whatever it wants, but it's an RPG Mode.

Cause nerds dont like sports and normies dont like RPGs

>done to death
where? im not sarcastic i just really wanna know