OoT has the best setting and lore in Zelda

Just saying, out of all the Zelda games, Ocarina of Time to me seems to have the best atmosphere and world building.

Attached: 49310747_620978135022872_4638788025997917663_n.jpg (1080x1080, 74K)

>Just saying
aaaaaaand opinion invalidated

It certainly did add some nice flavorful context to Majora's Mask which has the best atmosphere and world building, so it can take a sliver of the credit sure.

OOT is the best Zelda game in every regard, only one that comes close is Wind Waker. But it's ruined because Miyamoto is a faggot who didn't finish it

>Ocarina of Time to me seems to have the best atmosphere and world building.
uhhh but it's not botw

Breath of the wild is empty wilderness, OoT has a high medieval kingdom setting. There's a graveyard that mentions dark past of Hyrule. Link is an orphan from a recent war. It gives the setting a deph, like you can imagine other kingdoms around Hyrule and it's not this enclosed sandbox like wind waker or almost empty wasteland also like wind waker.

Attached: 139617_atelieriji_loz-oot-saria.jpg (667x1001, 459K)

i love muslim zelda

>atmosphere and world building
we know you mean "lolis" you weirdo, the pic completely betrayed your motivations for making this thread.

OoT is more grander in scope than Majora's mask.

oot is a set piece to set piece game that is smaller than the great plateau
botw has a multiple massive regions each with lore and interesting locations

I know OoT has it's shortcomings, but in terms of where adventure when a tough man saves a princess and defeats evil, OoT has BOTW beat.

>lore
>atmosphere
>worldbuilding
Uh okay user, I like the game a lot too but we're getting a little delusional, don't you think? I don't even think Nintendo thought about any of those things while making the game, let alone cared.

Attached: 1562217212573.png (553x548, 358K)

Of coarse there's atmosphere, the great deku tree is a great example. The music gives the place a tone of ancient sacredness.

The Temple of time actually feels like a place of religious importance.

I want to play tag and hide-and-seek with Saria

That's why I said 'imagine'. With OoT you can definitely see Hyrule as being a kingdom in a world of kingdoms. While breath of the wild does a good job at depicting a wilderness instead. Two different feelings I think.

>botw has a multiple massive regions each with lore and interesting locations
botw was just someone going into unity and using the terrain pattern brush over and over and then forgetting to add content to it

Attached: 1556010547667.png (1280x720, 1.28M)

Zelda II has by far the best atmosphere you nuZelda cuck.

/thread

Okay, I misspoke, there is atmosphere but I stillnthink it's possible that you might be overthinking it. Bottom of the well is just meant to be spooky, everything else about it is just a contrivance to have it in the game.

Attached: 50389a3079628.jpg (604x438, 54K)

Not him but-
Botw has massive regions, yes. But none of them are that interesting.
OoT, while being smaller, has far more things to discover than BotW.
After playing through OoT it truly feels like you've been through a huge wide world.
Personally, I'd like to find a happy medium. Hopefully BotW 2 will do just that.

Attached: Zelda oot temple.jpg (1480x1682, 720K)

>Personally, I'd like to find a happy medium

This, imagine Ocarina of Time, but with a significant journey to get to the significant locations, and you have to like stockpile some food because you might starve otherwise. Make Hyrule feel real to travel across, but with real civilization to find.

Makes me wonder, would a modern Zelda work at all without voiceacting? can you have simple speech bubbles on the screen and be effective in 2019?

Attached: joanna2.jpg (257x375, 11K)

BotW feels like what OoT Hyrule would be after a Calamity and enough respite to recover some semblance of normality, With the lore they hint at I can't help but think the world was and could in time be much richer than that in OoT

>Unity
I know your memeing, but BoTW has its own, in house developed 3D engine. For each system, Nintendo makes a new 3D engine for each. GameCube and Wii might have shared one.
Its the main reason why the Wii U didn't have almost any mainline Zelda, Metroid, or 3D Mario games, was because they were writing a new engine that could take advantage of the Wii U's hardware. Nintendo doesn't want a bloated engine, built off of framework from the mid 90's, that constantly crashes and is filled with bugs.
>@bethesda

>Personally, I'd like to find a happy medium. Hopefully BotW 2 will do just that.
it won't

I love Saria!