Are video games becoming TOO casualized these days Yea Forums?

are video games becoming TOO casualized these days Yea Forums?

Attached: 1554143550253.webm (1280x720, 1.17M)

that was just by chance and the hitbox isnt tied to the animation of the character,off yourself

Games aren't a right of passage anyway, faggot. They're entertainment for children. Mega Man skills don't get buccis wet.

What is supposed to be the problem here?

Presumably that the knockback stopped at the edge of the platform

To be fair children doesn't exclusively mean retarded toddlers that don't even comprehend the world around them yet. Some of these games don't give kids enough credit.

t. zoomer

Go away Quentin, you insecure bitch.

this, happend in the nes games too, he probably was a few pixel away from falling

>Mega Man skills don't get buccis wet.
Nah, say to bitches that you finished megaman today and they not getting wet is the rare part

does knockback not send you off ledges? i recall falling off of them because of knockback.

it does if you tell them you beat megaman 1

>Megawhat?
"Its a... A videogame franchise."
>Uuuuh I have a boyfriend....

I think its going both ways. Games that are to casual and life sims and you got games that try to pound you against a brick wall wasting hours at a time trying to go through some basic mission cause lol hardcore gamers have all the time in the world.

Yeah, but can HE beat Megaman 1?

Friendly reminder that older games were only harder because of poor game design and trying to get your parents to buy instead of rent or get more quarters out of you at the arcade.

>Implying bitches don't know based Megaman

>fix a stupid issue where your health doesn't matter and you can easilly instant death
>something all old platformers with health had
>if you fix it, its casualization

they were harder because you'd beat the game in 20 minutes otherwise

This is 100% authentic Megaman
Since the very first game as long as 1 pixel of Megaman's foot is touching the edge you won't fall off and the movement is even designed to let you inch forward on edges for higher precision jumps

Knockbacks only send you that far dumbass. If the edge was a few pixels closer you would have been knocked down.

Retarded bait thread.

Yes, don't you see most diffacult games now a days is just how many hours or maybe days you are willing to spend trying to memorize it instead of having fun? This is why I love Hotline Miami and Super Meat Boy, fast action and difficult yet when you died you didn't start at the beginning of the level and if you did it was short enough anyway.

Is this what zoomers tell themselves to feel better about their gamerclitty?

Sad.

well one memorization was very common in old games. Two are you for or against it, liking hotline miami seems to imply you enjoy memorizing.

They didn't "fix" anything, OP is just retarded. You fall off if you get knocked far enough.

He wanted to get pushed 10 meters back because MUH DIFFICULTY

actually i believe they fixed this problem in shovel knight.

I will admit Hotline rely's on memorization but its such face paced that you don't spend hours trying to go through one thing because the game sends you so far back. That's what I hate the most, you know you can do something but you have to spend three to five minutes just getting to the hard part before trying again. That or they make resources extremely rare which on its own is ok but if you got crafting involved it can get frustrating.

New MMX when!?

What shithole country are you from?
>be me
>in cafeteria at school
>almost no friends, quiet
>eating alone as usual
>10/10 Stacy comes over and sits at my table
>stares at me for a minute
>getting uncomfortable
>"You look...different, user. Did something happen?"
>W-Well, I-I-I did beat M-Megaman 3 last night
>she immediately ducks under the table and, in one swift motion, unzips my pants and takes me in her mouth
>Sitting in the cafeteria
>getting sucked off by the hottest girl in school
>everybody can see
>Hear a random girl say to her friend
>"Ew, look at Stacy! You'd think he beat Mega Man or something"

>casualized
I don't think that's a word

idk about you but i got a cleveland steamer out of finishing x6

its not really an issue of casual or not, dude. Gamers are a completely dedicated, seditary market no matter what the age is. They're going to buy some fucking video game.

What's different is that people spending $60 on a game expect not to fucking hate it. If you threw NES games at them they'd reject it.

A lot of retro difficulty is either artificial, relics from quarter-based arcade design, or the result of sloppy design anyway.

T. biggest retro gamer alive, but also pays attention to economy desu