OH MY GOD RAY TRACING IS SO COOL!!

>OH MY GOD RAY TRACING IS SO COOL!!

Attached: IMG_2020.jpg (640x477, 27K)

you should consider changing your ways. Btw I'm leaving this thread after it posts

isn't that a wojak? isn't that a bannable offense?

Nothing in the rules against it

It is if you actually do 3D animation or video rendering. But of course, OP is merely some dickguzzler who cannot think of anything beyond video games.

Just wait 20 years to play RDR2 with RTX on

it is

Attached: raytraced.png (889x839, 36K)

> I AM AGAINST AN ARBITRARY TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCEMENT
> THIS ARBITRARY TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCEMENT IS WHAT YOU KNOW AS "S O Y". DO YOU SEE? I PUT THE APPROPRIATE WOJAK NEXT TO IT.
> BECOME EDUCATED, WORTHLESS HUMAN, FOR MY ARBITRARY TASTES ARE SUPERIOR TO YOURS.

Attached: 1561430325101.png (387x355, 263K)

you're talking like it's a joke, but it's pretty much onions at this point, go have sex, sell your overpriced computer and fuck bitches every night

>having money is onions

LMAO imagine being such a fucking NEET that you've turned into a fox who views money as grapes!

It is cool though. Simulating accurate light with bring graphics to another level. It's still a little rough, but this is only the first step.

B&R

Ray tracing is cool. The 20 series still fucking blows though, it's way too early for it.

Attached: 1562791898778.jpg (450x500, 35K)

>D drive is disk 0
Dunno why this bothers me so much.

its a neat way of simulating light and will make it easier on developers to make good looking-games
real time 3D has just been a big pile of trickery until now

It will be, in the future. RTX is trash by the way.

>b-b-but muh tensor coars!!!

you just got scammed into beta testing

Remember, everything I don't like is Onions

cope poornigger.

Attached: 258468.472cfa66f28c9458c9135ef6a863201b.1600.jpg (899x1200, 147K)

Is there ANY game that uses full raytracing? All I've seen are hybrid raytraced games where it's used to shadows and it cuts down the performance by like %40. Nvidia really fucked up by trying to bank on the raytracing gimmick before it was ready. Now it all just looks like one big fucking meme and developers aren't going to take it seriously anymore if it takes more trouble than it's worth implementing for such shitty results.

How's the 2080 Super? I was thinking of getting a new card since 4gb of VRAM is starting to fall a bit back

I pity you. One day you will be able to have the latest tech. You just need to get good and make more money :)

OP, raytrace is the future.
The future.
Many years ago, 3D acceleration was just as pathetic as raytrace is today.
We had cards like the S3 VIRGE, the ATI Rage and the matrox shit all trying to deliver 3D, but the power was not there yet.
Those cards were the TOP OF THE TOP in 2D acceleration, the media of the time, but the 3D was an absolute joke, until the 3Dfx voodoo came.
But until the 3Dfx of the raytracing come, enjoy the RTX3 Virge.

Attached: diamond-stealth-3d-2000-pci-2mb-D_NQ_NP_749958-MLA27998844392_082018-F.jpg (1200x900, 290K)

You're the kind of person that buys an 3DO.

Putting that face next to [insert thing I don't like here] has sucked the creativity out of this place. These posts are bad and you should feel bad.

It should be. Wojacks and frogs are as cancerous as mlp shit was in their prime.

The difference though is that back then you had a bunch of different companies fighting for dominance and as a result the rate of evolution in the tech was blazingly fast. Who's left today? Just NVIDIA stagnating the market to fuck and AMD who's sole purpose for existence is keep nvidia from being a literal monopoly. Don't expect any kind of innovation for at least the next decade, nvidia can literally shit on a PCB board and sell it to you for a thousand dollars and there's nothing you can do about it since they have no incentive to improve.

>perple

Attached: 1553136385340.png (462x372, 5K)

Not worth it.

but Intel will make graphic cards(?)

ray tracing is actually cool though
it's nvidia's RTX meme-tech that you should be shitting on
every time you conflate the two you encourage dumbasses to think that nvidia created raytracing or that raytracing is the exact same as RTX

Nice transgender colour scheme, tranny

If we follow the 3Dfx example closely, some company could create an dedicated raytrace videocard that absolutely fucking demolishes any Nvidia attempt, and some very popular game takes full advantage of it.
So for a while at least, we would have this competitor, until they fuck up and Nvidia buys em.

The XeGPU cards are targeting the low to mid range, you won't get anything that approaches a 2070 from them.

based

Attached: PC-20190906.jpg (2880x2160, 2M)

Why are you even on this site?

Attached: unrelenting meme - sha di lay.png (616x938, 362K)

He's a fag colonizer trying to turn the board into resetgender or whatever other shithole he crawled out of. They always screech about board culture when they haven't got a clue.

>friend wanted a PC and didn't have one
>gave him my 1070 and bought a 2080
>am still quite happy with it

Doesn't culture eventually become outdated though? People always say stuff like Wojak will never leave but... how often do you see half the Yea Forums memes from over a decade ago anymore? I'm pretty sure people said those would never leave either.

>Be cool like OP
>Save up money by taking the HRT money mommy gives me and buying all my horse pee pee from chinkshitgeneral
>Put purple lights all over my case because I exist
>Spend hours looking at awesome puddle reflections in games and taking pictures of minecraft

Attached: flossin.gif (498x364, 157K)

>ME POST FUNNY WOJAK MAN AND THEN GREENTEXT OF THING ME NO LIKE I AM TRUE INTELLECTUAL SMARTEST AND MOST CHAD IF ALL

Some things may change but Wojak and PEPE have grown with us and changed. Along the way we have all learned the dangers of a culture that rejects being homogeneous and falls to infighting. It's why anyone that has a problem with them can kindly fuck back off to wherever they came from.

it poses the danger of the loss of creativity. not enough people busting out ms paint anymore, too content with rehashing the same facebook reaction images, although this is all the fault of chanology, reddit, phoneposters, 2016 election, and anything else that let faggots past the filter boards

What are you even talking about.

I fucking hate wojak because because its the most low-effort, copy paste bullshit on this site and it refuses to die. Id be way more tolerable of these shitty memes/buzzwords if people just made OC and not just post the same goddamn wojak for the 1000th time. Post literally ANYTHING ELSE.

All it requires is meaningful happenings. The lull in creativity is imo from just how depressing the world is right now. It's become such a caricature of itself it's existing as it's own meme.

Reddit wants you to go back and stay.

Wojak is the most reddit thing on Yea Forums, no effort, no actual discussion, just an interchangable pile of bullshit

but I thought Reddit loved Wojak too

Attached: 1565230179636.webm (720x900, 1.28M)

So has NVidia just completely abandoned PhysX?

Such high standards here. Who knew of all places this one would be infested with pretentious art critics. Why don't you just take a picture of the next time you're sucking off a hobo and post it.

Attached: muh art and standards.jpg (1024x512, 71K)

Niggers!

Attached: 42E9D8F9-3EAE-4991-BB1F-6DE39065693F.jpg (4032x3024, 2.48M)

No but the game industry sure has, from 2005 until now there's only about 65 games that support it, not including online games that shut down or games that haven't released.