Is Sonic Mania any good?

Is Sonic Mania any good?

Attached: image_cover.jpg (570x400, 63K)

If you like classic sonic, yes
If you don't, then you probably won't like it

Like 7 dollars good.

yeah

of course

try playing it and form your own opinion

if anything, Yea Forums is the last place I'd ever trust for a decent, credible opinion

I don't know man, besides the obvious faggots that hate-spam hollow knight threads or Barry posting about DMC5, Yea Forums was right about some games being shit. Like MGS4. Fuck I hated that movie

MRANIA TEAM TRUUUUU FRAAARRRR
pretty alright, albeit a little too long and "linear" designed for my taste.

Attached: nightsqa_iizuka-400x198.jpg (400x198, 13K)

Did you like S3&K? Then yes.

yeah as a kid. Ok I'll pirate the Plus version

Yeah it's pretty fun, got it for free with ps+ and ended up buying the DLC

It's the only good sonic game to come out in ages because Sega themselves are so fucking incompetent that they had to get fans to make an actual good game.
Just let that sink in for a moment.

Attached: 1546642140424.jpg (811x1584, 647K)

Felt too much like a sonic classic generations because most zones were from previous games.

The level design and actual gameplay were great though.

MGS4 was the best game in the series... For the five minutes that it was a game.

>tfw not getting a Mania sequel anytime soon
>tfw Sega putting tens of millions into that cringey Sonic movie adaptation instead
I don't get this company at all.

normally I'd say consider buying it if you end up liking it but sonic team japan have proven to still be as retarded and blind as ever to what their international audience wants that sonic mania rating and selling well doesnt mean shit to them.

mania is likely going to be the last good official sonic game ever so please enjoy it.

This, though I'd say that's just a result of a thinly stretched budget and time constraints. Mania was originally going to be just 6 zones long like Sonic 1.

I am pretty sure there will be a sequel. And if it keeps the same formula, I don't think it's going to be bad

Yes it’s so fucking great. I hate Sega for squandering this series’ potential

don't get your hopes up

>tfw Sega putting tens of millions into that cringey Sonic movie adaptation instead
Sega has clearly distanced themselves from the current Sonic movie compared to when they were in full support of the project while Sony was making their version. It's likely out of their hands just like the new Doom movie is out of id Software's hands.

The head of Sonic Team has openly stated that he'd like there to be more Mania-esque games in the future by the same devs, so there's no reason to think a follow-up of some kind won't happen eventually.

My biggest issue with is that since the game was developed by some of the franchise's biggest fans, the level design feels more for just seasoned players unlike the the trilogy. I've played Sonic all my life so it wasn't hard to beat, but I can see it pushing away newcomers.

3D Sonic could be just as good if the devs spent less time dicking around for 3/4 of the development time and instead spent a year perfecting how Sonic controls and moves in 3D then spent another year or 2 making the game.

It was the best game released in 2017.

It's the best Sonic game

Lots of fun. Pandering with fan favorite zones and the semi-return of long-forgotten Classic era characters aside, it's a damn solid platformer with high quality visuals and music. Hope the sequel has more original zones because Mirage Saloon and Studiopolis were a treat. I'm sick of Green Hill.

Attached: 1542413137420.jpg (726x430, 41K)

she is never going to be playable is she? sob

Attached: SlushyYearlyIrrawaddydolphin-max-1mb.gif (320x180, 807K)

while the remakes were great, I don't come back to them. I wanted more marage saloons and studiopolis'. they need to make a completely original game. theyve already proven themselves to be more than competent