This was P E A K western RPG, and we will never get another one like it

this was P E A K western RPG, and we will never get another one like it

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 31K)

Bioware needs to die

It was pretty good. Probably not peak, but good. The world is very generic and the 'super dark fantasy writing' goes out the window as soon as you hear Whedonesque quips from Alistair when you meet him.

Leliana a shit. Morrigan forever.

If this wasn't peak I don't know what was

Unironically I think Witcher 3 is the best wrpg we've got since
High hopes for cyberpunk, maybe vtmb2

>dumbed down version of Baldur's Gate
>peak western rpg

Attached: 1552492891652.png (800x729, 48K)

>Unironically I think Witcher 3 is the best wrpg we've got since
Witcher 3 isn't even an rpg.

What do you even role-play as? You can choose to play as a fighter with a sword or...no, that's it, you're stuck as a fighter with a sword.

SOUND

Attached: 1714684-loghain.png (1440x810, 975K)

sadly the best 'western' fantasy rpg was made by japs
witcher series is alright
but whenever americans try to make a fantasy setting it's just soulless warcraft-tier shit

Attached: dst_announcement2.jpg (1280x720, 175K)

Reminder: Vancian casting is shit
Reminder: RTWP is shit
Reminder: Alignment restrcitions is anti-roleplay

Ahem

FUCK DARKSPAWN AND FUCK WARDENS

Attached: Loghain.png (640x415, 322K)

Ah yes, how could anyone hope to surpass the incredible world building of the Souls games.

Attached: 19129219291.jpg (2000x1350, 678K)

BASED

Are there any other games where you can make the antagonist a party member?

Loghain a shit.

>Baldur's Gate
>Good
Never played it did you

>Reminder: Vancian casting is shit

>I am too stupid to ration spells and prefer cooldown rotations like some generic MMO.

>Reminder: RTWP is shit

>I am too mentally disabled to control a handful of characters in real-time with a pause feature.

>Reminder: Alignment restrcitions is anti-roleplay

>I want to be able to do everything without facing any consequences for my actions.

Attached: 1552471961527.png (1000x432, 165K)

Based
Redpilled

How can anyone defend this retard

>you're stuck as a fighter with a sword
My main concern when playing an RPG, truly

DA:O is Baldur's Gate with fewer party members and not even a fraction of the variety in classes, spells and abilities. Oh, and awkward sex scenes where characters have their underwear on while doing it

How is it supposed to be better?

>Witcher 3
>RPG
What role do you play when you are forced to listen to the Gerald explaining to you what is this shit around him means while camera is zoomed on his face for no reason aside from them being a lazy fucks who can't even imagine what "show don't tell mean" just so you can finally get to the next "press A to continue the investigation"? Which is at least 30% of the game

Its fuck everybody that threatens my country actually but ok

DA:O is Baldyrs gate but stripped from all unneeded nonsense, more focused and realized in full 3D and rpg system that makes sense in a videogame

If it weren't for his retreat, the entire army would have been slaughtered at korcari wilds because the king was a flaming retard. It he had not, the kingdom would not be able to provide the royal army (the bulk of the fighting force) to accompany the coalition warden forces at Denerim

It’s actually FUCK FRENCHIES

This game is dogshit and proof Yea Forums is full of tasteless mongoloids with incredibly arbitrary standards

If I like the gameplay in DA:O, would I like Pillars of Eternity? The whole series is on sale right now

Yeah his retreat he pulled to let Cailan die when he suspected him of trying to get in the Empress of Orlais's pants. Truly an altruistic decision that he totally wasn't plotting from the start along with poisoning Eamon, helping Uldred fuck the circle and the other shit he's done in the name of muh Fereldan.

>realized in full 3D
How does that benefit the game in any way? You can't jump or swim in DA:O. DA's environments are functionally no different from the 2d backgrounds of the Baldur's Gate games, except now you have the needless hassle of dealing with a camera as well.

>DA:O is Baldyrs gate but stripped from all unneeded nonsense
You keep telling yourself that. It takes a incredibly boring person to prefer DA:O's neutered classes and spells over what Baldur's Gate offerd.

I don't know about this single action and he might have lost his mind(get paranoid) but his intentions were truly always patriotic, the prequel book expends greatly on his character and he is one of my favorite bioware champ

you can pick whether your geralt is based or not based, fuck off, its the best rated game ever for a reason
>t. witcher series hating pole

Oh you know, only an obscure noone's ever heard of call Chrono Trigger. It's not like it's one of the most famous RPGs ever made or anything

>being actually stupid enough to believe this.

Loghain is the direct cause of the civil war by retreating from Ostagar, then refusing to take responsibility for doing so and trying to blame the Wardens. He refuses to accept any option where he's not ruling Ferelden even though Anora is an adult and doesn't require a regent, and he directly precipitates the civil war by trying to assassinate Eamon, also for no good reason.

It's not just the retreat at Ostagar, the entire game is a progression of one retarded decision after another from Loghain
>claims he retreats from Ostagar to preserve the lives of his troops, who he then wastes fighting a pointless civil war he caused while doing nothing about the Darkspawn currently ravaging the land
>blames the Grey Wardens for killing the king rather than taking responsibility for his own actions
>tries to have the remaining Wardens murdered even though they're the only ones capable of ending the Blight
>tries to have Arl Eamon assassinated for literally no reason, for which he murders templars to free a known blood mage
>makes a deal with Uldred and promises freedom to the mages, precipitating a civil war that without the Warden's intervention would've killed the entire Circle when Ferelden could least afford to lose them
>trusts Howe even though he murdered all the Couslands, conveniently removing the main obstacle to Loghain seizing power, and is an obvious psychopath
>best of all when confronted with all his obvious mistakes and how badly they've fucked the country over he refuses to see what he did wrong, just like you're doing now

Attached: 1j9ywu.jpg (400x369, 77K)

PoE is really bad, don't fall for it, go for PoE 2 instead if you have to

>How does that benefit the game in any way
the sheer scale of the production, Its like comparing fallout 2 and 3

BORN TO DIE / FERELDEN IS A FUCK / Kill Em All 9:30 Dragon / I am Teyrn man / 410,757,864,530 DEAD WARDENS

never heard of it

Ahh yes, the game everyone pretends they played but like 5% of the people that mentioned it actually did

>the sheer scale of the production, Its like comparing fallout 2 and 3
Truly, I'm blown away.

DA:O's 3d graphics were dated even at the time it came out, with incredibly bland looking environments and characters, and downright ugly armor. Why on earth would you jerk off over that?

Attached: 13294304043.jpg (914x400, 122K)

Today I will remind them

1 > 2 > 3

fuck off you filthy orlesian lovers

I am so sorry for you being such a smallbrain that you have to say "yeah, but it's so popular, so it's good!".
you know what else is considered to be the best rpg ever made? Skyrim.

Attached: 1542781801051.jpg (1028x1000, 578K)

Cope Rogaine.

whatever faggot witcher 1 is the best rpg ever made imo and you getting your autism spun up this hard over what is an rpg and what isnt is really fucking funny lmao incel

As far as I know this is the only Western RPG where you can impregnate multiple women, so definitely

This is nothing compared to the fiasco in FO3 at the end where you can tell the last boss to kill itself

>graphics
>jerk off
Not what I was talking about when I mentioned scale and 3D environment, I don't give a flying fuck about how it looks, it's about how it functions.
You could play with pen and paper and say that is basically limitless and therefore the best of all things. I believe that taking it into 3D (and not fucking it up in the process) makes it by nature better than 2D that takes less work/talent. Just like a good anime is by nature better than just as good manga.
You can disagree but you're not changing my mind on that with slurs

cope more with your awful taste, sweety

Attached: 1550921263376.jpg (600x532, 40K)

Attached: Fallout 3 is shit.jpg (640x360, 145K)

>start playing a fantasy game
>there's these dwarves and these elves an...

Attached: sleep.jpg (626x469, 58K)

How about orcs?

Attached: orc.jpg (500x313, 44K)

You can impregnate someone other than Morrigan? Morrigan best girl by the way.

Attached: morrigan.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

>claims he retreats from Ostagar to preserve the lives of his troops, who he then wastes fighting a pointless civil war he caused while doing nothing about the Darkspawn currently ravaging the land
He was reunifying the land because muh right and honorabru king decided to throw away the army and the local lords were being opportunistic fucks trying to advance their claims. look into the unification of ferelden and you'll see the dynasties and families fighting against loghain were families and lands that sided with Orlais during the occupation
>blames the Grey Wardens for killing the king rather than taking responsibility for his own actions
The Wardens downplayed the strength of the darkspawn headed to ostagar and lied to the king, thats why Dunkin send the hero and Alistair away from the battle
>tries to have the remaining Wardens murdered even though they're the only ones capable of ending the Blight
because that sect of the wardens were guilty of killing the King. Loghain had deemed it impossible for them to win the war against the darkspawn alone, so he was waiting for wardens not guilty of treason to come.
>tries to have Arl Eamon assassinated for literally no reason, for which he murders templars to free a known blood mage
Eamon knowingly harbored a bastard of the former king, to which eamon planned to use as leverage should he ever need it. Eamon is also guilty of keeping his mage child from getting proper training, thus causing him to become possessed, and nearly killing an entire town.
>makes a deal with Uldred and promises freedom to the mages, precipitating a civil war that without the Warden's intervention would've killed the entire Circle when Ferelden could least afford to lose them
Mages are slaves in the circle, Loghain knew this and wanted to free them, Uldred showed no intention of using blood magic or demons to do so. Uldred was at one point, the leading libertarian mage who was also against blood magic

cont

well what would you add to a fantasy game then that isnt dwarves or elves

>trusts Howe even though he murdered all the Couslands, conveniently removing the main obstacle to Loghain seizing power, and is an obvious psychopath
the Howes were robbed of land by the Couslands during the Orlesian wars. They had been beaten down, their pride destroyed, and their rightful wealth taken from them. The Couslands were opportunistic boot lickers to the crown

>the most 6/10 middle of the road tolkien by the number fantasy ever conceived
>peak

Origins is the last playable game bioware made before getting EA'd but you need your brain fixing.

Attached: themoreyouknow.jpg (321x468, 51K)

You can impregnate some dwarven lady in the Noble Dawrf Origin

and a random elf girl who doesn't know any better in the dalish camp, who is then outcasted by the clan for it

Weak bait, get off the computer Loghain.

When does that happen?

Hey Loghain, after my boy Alistair chops your head off, I'm gonna marry your daughter and mating press her for hours on end every night

Yeah because not-elves and not-dwarves and furfag race #29384732920284 are so much more creative and interesting

God I hate Shadowrun

I liked how instead of having to recast all your buffs before a battle they had infinite duration but drained your max mana, why don't more games do this?

Its the girl you can help that beta elf marry because he can't hunt.

because they stick to d&d for some reason

I was fine with them even if they are functionally the same as orcs. The name darkspawn is fucking goofy to me though, like power metal cheese (which I like) in the middle of what was described as dark fantasy. Might as well have called them evillords or something.

Well I can stomach the previous two if there's a good twist to them. Beastmen like Lizard-men, Aven, stuff like that. A lot more work for that though I guess.

Attached: 1451391342738.jpg (960x534, 134K)

>beta elf
ever saw an alfa elf?

Oh that. You don’t impregnate her though, you just fuck her and I’m pretty she doesn’t get outcasted

>you will never bring QT elf girl along with you after the clan disowns her
>you will never comfort QT elf girl and reassure her that everything will be alright
>you will never have QT elf girl with baby in the Awakening DLC with you
Feelsbadman.png

Attached: 1437097729642.png (285x276, 65K)

If you keep Loghain alive and marry his daughter then he’s actually okay with you fucking her and is even hoping for grandkids one day

>so much more creative and interesting
If they aren't small humans who are jews and humans with knife ears who fuck trees, yes, yes it is.

Attached: cat.jpg (1920x1080, 466K)

If you keep Loghain alive the wardens get a chance to have an actual competent commander post inquisition

What the fuck was his plan to defeat the blight if he had killed off the last two wardens?

The wardens kept the part about needing a warden soul to kill the archdemon a secret from the public, so he had no way of knowing that

Wearing a black tuxedo to a wedding might be cliche and generic but it's still better and more timeless than wearing a tacky bright blue or technicolored parsley abomination (or in your case cumstained wifebeater). Just because something is generic doesn't mean it's bad and just because something's novel doesn't mean it's good (usually implies the opposite). Sorry tasteless coprophagians and furfags such as you are incapable of understanding that.

But the wardens have always killed the Archdemons. He knew his history. It's clear only they can kill them.

Sure but people assumed it was just because they were the most skilled/well equipped to do it, not that it was absolute necessity for a warden to strike the killing blow

I'm pretty sure I'm not the first and won't be the last person to call you a brainlet

>Nightmare Demon: Teyrn Loghain Mac Tir, the brilliant commander. Pity the one time you tried to rule, you failed so miserably. You had to be beaten, humiliated, lest you destroy your own country. You even doomed the Wardens by bringing the Inquisitor down on them. You destroy everything you touch.
>Loghain: Is that all you've got? It's nothing I've not said to myself.
absolutely based

Literally what is the reason for you to get this mad?
>cumstained wifebeater
>coprophagians
>furfags
Considering how obnoxiously reddit and verbose this diatribe is I'm guessing your writing a book or some shit with elves and dwarves. I'm sure it isn't a cancerous retread of Tolkien like most fantasy from the past 50 years. Not a scat fetishist furfag though, but you are a sub 80 iq retard. Good luck with your book.

Loghain has the best arc in the series if you keep him alive