Im playing this right now, is it any good

im playing this right now, is it any good

Attached: fef7df13bef3261aced50e8f30fcc9cf7403d765.jpg (616x353, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamepressure.com/newsroom/elex-2-is-happening-the-sequel-has-been-approved-for-eu-grant/ze527
youtube.com/watch?v=Sh300FSIQa4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's worse than gothic

Definition of a 6/10 game

If that shit was released in 2002 it would still be garbage.

it's not Gothic

not Gothic/10

10/10 if you like jank, 6/10 if you are an absolute plebeian

I grew up with jank and I'm really tired of it nowadays, especially when the same fucking developer still only manages to shit out jank after over 15 years in the fucking business.

>im playing this right now, is it any good
The absolute state of Yea Forums

Attached: 6.jpg (1241x319, 215K)

Then stop playing and find another decent RPG to play.

its a great game that only brainlets hate

>playing this right now

Attached: 1560570959232.jpg (1125x722, 100K)

I sunked some 50+ hours into it, exploring was fairly enjoyable.

Jank-kino

It's Gothic. 8/10

I've already finished it so there's literally no reason to replay it anyway.

Is it too much to ask for some quality from the people you've been with since their early days?
Everyone knows they fucked up with Risen 2 and the fuckup poisoned all of their consecutive games up to Elex.

I mean, do you like it? Its a very big game with a lot of content, without dlcs and lootboxes, semi decent fighting mechanic, really stupid dialogues and somewhat interesting world to Explore. I grew up playing The Gothic and I love this game to Death to this Day, and I had a lot of fun with elex.
Also, if you are New to Pirahna games, you cant join all guilds, pick a side right from the start

Cringe.

Yikes.

Risen 2 is literally their only truly shitty game, Risen 3 was fine and Elex is great

Attached: 1559536265249.jpg (417x749, 63K)

Risen 2 was still an enjoyably shit game, the game had SOUL

Yeah, if you ignore the entire combat-system and the stiff af animations.

I liked it.
Clearly unfinished cleric areas (best base tho) and pretty unbalanced but fun.
I'd rank it at around or slightly above Risen 1.

If you are playing it right now, why don't you tell us?

Yeah, combat is garbage. I like these games though, I always feel like i'm on adventure when I play them.

But Risen 1 is so comfy

It's not like I hate the games either.

I just know PiranhaBytes can do better than that.

I was really fucking loving the game until the blatant fucking sequel bait. This game was fucking awesome but there is no way in hell it's getting a sequel.

I guess. Can they? Gothic 1 was so magical, how did they do it? Pace of game was perfect, I never played smth so smooth in my life before or since

>but there is no way in hell it's getting a sequel.
Its already in development

Based as fuck.

Source?

bruh I bought Risen 3 and I really wanted to travel to germany and punch all those retards

it's decent considering it's budget, also go for Nasty

Bro..it's all over the internet.

They even got government funding.
Plus it sold better than any of their previous games.

They started right after the first one released. They got grant money for it back in 2017.

gamepressure.com/newsroom/elex-2-is-happening-the-sequel-has-been-approved-for-eu-grant/ze527

no

THQ bought PB so a sequel is happening and it might actually have a budget.

Well, I know What to play after Cyberpunk, hope is not lost

I really liked it

7:35
youtube.com/watch?v=Sh300FSIQa4

HOW

Are they funded by their government or some shit like all those French devs

Its great. Best news is, part 2 is already in the works. God I love eurojank

Attached: 2017-10-27_1353_1.png (1920x1080, 2.1M)

You summed up /vee/ nicely buddy

HOWLING how it's still mostly the same 20 people making games since Gothic.

It's jank kino.

Attached: Elex.webm (960x540, 2.21M)

How about you just keep playing it and find out for yourself? What you trust some random anons opinion over your own?

It actually sold really well for a PB game and got an >arts grant from the German government, then THQ bought them.

It's about on par with Risen 1 and 3, better than 2, so yeah that checks out.

How the fuck are PB so based?

Attached: Chad PB - Virgin Bethesda.png (2518x1024, 263K)

T-pose sliding down that cliff like a pro.

That's what the ranged weapons are for. I recommend Berserk's split shot with a bow if you want to still give the enemies a chance, go with the psycho tech people and grab a flamer or a plasma rifle if you just want to breeze through.

WELL GEE. I'M NOT THE ONE PLAYING IT RIGHT NOW, WHY DON'T YOU FUCKING TELL ME, IDIOT?

Secret Alb technique.

perfect

Attached: ELEX-JetpackMayhem.webm (960x540, 2.89M)

this nearly made me drop the game when it happened

Progression is so good.

Attached: 21312312.jpg (816x813, 122K)

tried this, everywhere you go is filled with skull mobs

how the fuck do you even progress

Youre weak as fuck early, seek settlements with friendly or neutral npcs and be their bitch until you get some equipment

Attached: 2017-10-27_1701_1.png (1920x1080, 3.89M)

doing quests for the oompaloompas in the jungle and getting better weapons

>how the fuck do you even progress
Like any other decent RPG.
Nu-RPGs fucking suck and make leveling useless because of scaling.

Attached: 1552441985426.jpg (1200x1695, 99K)

By gitting gud.

Attached: ELEX-PlasmaGunMadness.webm (533x300, 2.85M)

Same deal with every PB game. You have to know exactly where to go to get all the items and training you need, right when you need them, or everything is terrible. Game pretty much requires meta knowledge. I had fun figuring it out for myself, though.

Try just sticking with the Berserkers are doing what they ask of you. Avoid anything that involves combat, just stick around the village. Try to cheese combat with a Bow and start training Bow and stealing stuff ASAP.

SOUL

Hobo to superman is fun.

if you like that sort of thing its one of the best?

if you only like AAA feeling games in the genre youll find it pretty meh

Or by crafting the Amulet of Cheat Mode.

Attached: ELEX-ExploreEveryCorner.webm (711x400, 1.41M)

>tfw you found a pair of amazing sunglasses on a wind turbine
>nice seat at the top too

Attached: 1563844865998.jpg (480x720, 38K)

just find that op gun on top of the elex windmill things and basically beat the game with it

Takes quite a bit of elex chugging to unlock it. Not as much chugging as you'd expect for an end game weapon, but he'll be combat-viable long before he unlocks it.

Did anyone ever find anything about the bandit faction that made them appealing? I tried pretty hard to work with their explosive weapons and those combat stims or whatever the hell, but never managed to put together anything that was better than just plasma rifling shit to death or shotgunning it full of arrows.

If you don't mind the combat and difficulty at the begging then it's pretty good game

i managed to get it barely halfway through the game right after joining the clerics with the other op gun they give you

I think that's the joke

The stims are pretty nutso, their weapons are mediocre stat wise. You can stunlock enemies with them if thats your thing. And chainswords of course

Attached: 2017-10-29_1445_1.png (1920x1080, 2.55M)

Attached: ELEX-GoAgainstTheFlow.webm (711x400, 2.88M)

at the beginning all I did was running away and let my companion kill the npcs

You don't really need meta knowledge for Elex. You just do quests for a bit instead of going out into the world expecting to conquer it at level one.

God, the waterfalls in Elex are so ugly. I don't get it. They made the perfect waterfall in Gothic 3.

Attached: ELEX-Stripper.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

Reminder that the game's translation is dogshit and completely butchered the plot and characters.

>talk to prostitute
>oh god please tell me you are not my next client, I fucked many things but jesus christ
Yeah, it's fine, no worries, we are cool. Ha. Ha.

Pretty sure it would never translate well, it's so German.

Albs do look like nearly dead cancer patients.

Gothic I-II translated pretty well into English. Elex was butchered.

Attached: ELEX-Animations2.webm (851x475, 1.4M)

does anyone actually pick any other faction than the clerics?

No one recognizes Jax as an Alb though. Only other Albs, and only who already knew him, and even then only after a few seconds.

'Zerkers have more quests, and they are pretty good.

Yeah, zerkers are pretty good for the shotgun arrow power.

looks less janky than bethesda games
seriously, with all the hate for eurojank, why does todd get a pass?

There's a big difference between an awkward translation and "let's rewrite half the script."

Todd is tall, handsome, and has a full head of wonderful hair.
Bjorn is short, fat, and bald.

Maybe THQ will provide a better TL job now they own the studio.

Fuck off, Todd.

>todd
>tall

the setting and quest design are fucking great and reminiscent of piranha during gothic games, but the abysmal combat absolutely ruins the game which is a great shame, the devs are essentially still making their games as if it was 1999 and are riding on their glory days and the dedication or their fanbase

the best thing that could happen to them right now is getting bought out by a decent studio with big cash and hiring a bunch of talent, but nobody is gonna take the risk

>the best thing that could happen to them right now is getting bought out by a decent studio with big cash and hiring a bunch of talent, but nobody is gonna take the risk
THQ bought them.
Adding more cooks for the gothic soup would suck though.

they are talented, considering they are like 8 people and are using their own engine

Is it worth on PS4 ? Played Gothic 2 and really liked it but my PC is a potato.

>but the abysmal combat
Zoom zoom

Attached: ELEX-JetpackArchery.webm (1920x810, 2.79M)

oh wow, you cheesed a mob with arrows like you could in literally any other PB game
truly fantastic combat

Stick with Fortnite, buddy.

Attached: ELEX-JetpackMayhem2.webm (960x540, 2.99M)

It's a Piranha Bytes game, it's gotta be terrible, broken and only blindly loved by turbo autists.
What's the use of a nice setting when the gameplay is ass?

Gothic > Gothic 2 > Risen > Elex > Gothic 3 > Risen 3 > Risen 2 > Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods > Arcania "Gothic" 4

a shame that its just yet another gothic but badly polished

Gothic 1 and 2 and Risen 1 have much better combat, better balanced as well

>its just yet another gothic
completely fine by me

Risen 1 combat was the pinnacle of PB.

I don't get PB. They made two really good, immersive games (Gothic 1 & 2), then shat their pants with Gothic 3. Elex was a good time but has none of the replaybility or charm of their original games.
Risen 1 was good too.

Zoom zoom

Attached: ELEX-Parrying.webm (960x540, 2.81M)

I know playing bald dude isn't a bad thing and I will get used to it, but damn it makes me not want to play the game. Anyone have a nice thing to say about baldy?

He is an unironic emotional retard.

Jax is a complete unapologetic asshole nazi with more warcrimes under his belt than you can count. Best PB protagonist since Nameless Hero.

Is Jax /ourguy/?

Attached: ELEX-Sneaking.webm (851x475, 2.45M)

itemization and leveling is fucked
your stats dont do anything other than unlocking gear, your char is completely defined by the gear he wears, which means its very easy to become overpowered really early (like 10-20 hours in)

the moment I knew this game was kino

only if you're german

He goes almost literally fourteen words in the cold ending. Replace white with Alb, but that's it.