Finally get a new guilty gear

>finally get a new guilty gear
>they want to make it easy like babyblue
not like this bros.

Attached: new guilty gear.jpg (1280x720, 168K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/dodonpahchi/status/1159666930166292480
youtube.com/watch?v=vAJUvy4ibeA
youtube.com/watch?v=0Ii4aDG_tTg&list=UUblxl4-7V7BAEbgobA0tn6w&index=5
mega.nz/#!oaQxyYgY!nvEAkdSzJg3SKiIuXTceRn2ot261RwtKSIZfCSCx7Q0
youtu.be/Af6JRDhNBiw?t=116
twitter.com/dios0808/status/1038612346833268738
youtube.com/watch?v=roR3kPph9Xo&list=PLeWEAsJw5YXAn380aU-p0kxxVJt3anqUr&index=6&t=0s
youtube.com/watch?v=KA1Zkkj7RvI&list=PLeWEAsJw5YXAn380aU-p0kxxVJt3anqUr&index=9&t=0s
youtube.com/watch?v=KSGcrlMdIrc
youtube.com/watch?v=kdy4GE4AgBk
youtu.be/vAJUvy4ibeA?t=52
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I want to ____ Sol Badguy

Attached: c0515940d443ad549186c17b11301714.jpg (872x1175, 639K)

I love BBTAG

Attached: 1496282513594.png (731x530, 257K)

xrd flopped

Which BB are you talking? Regular BB or BBTag? I'd much rather it be closer to regular BB than Tag.

Because it didn't pander to waifufags like blazblue did.

Blazblue also flopped that's why they made BBTAG

Before this announcement
>GG is the most complex fighter on the market, brainlets just hate it cause it has so much more going on than sleep fighter or kekken. Daisuke is about to deliver another master piece!

After this announcement
>Look guys GG was has too much going on and literally no one enjoys that. You are just angry cause you are a scrub who likes blaming the game complex, competitive players actually want a simple game.

Attached: 1558562418122.png (238x271, 125K)

BBCP is waymore hardcore, deep and complex than any GG before XRD though

TORtanicfags kys

half the cast is waifubait

too bad bbfags are cucked by tagchads

Good, I hope all your GG fags internally combust from seethe when your game comes out

I wish BB was more popular

This is what you faggots get for buying DBFZ in droves.

You showed ArcSys that good fighting mechanics actually doesn't sell a game. It's just good visuals and fan-service.

lol

Source? That sounds pretty bullshit lazy to me.

Blazblue is just more commercially succesful Guilty Gear

I wish it wasn't. The game didn't even deserve to be at evo this year.

BBTAG isn't a real game

reminder that gimped Guilty Gear is still the best fighting game ever made

>Source: Trust me bro

What does Guilty Gear smell like

Attached: 1565134014369.png (1921x1080, 1.26M)

>He doesn't know

twitter.com/dodonpahchi/status/1159666930166292480

>fun and decently well mannered GG threads for at least 3 days after EVO
>now its BB vs GG and is basically console war tier shitposting

it fuckin sucks bros i just want to talk about fighting games and quote STILL MY HEART IS BLAZING

Attached: blindniggasamurai.png (1920x1080, 1.78M)

Honestly, Guilty Gear could totally pair down and simplify a lot of its mechanics and still be head and shoulders above other 2D fighters in terms of complexity.

No game needs five distinct types of cancels and three parries.

The tortanic schizos are in full autism mode right now.

Just dont reply to trolls and instead talk about some good ass fighting games. Be the change you want to see in GG threads. Its what Daisuke would want.

Attached: animeeee.png (1921x1080, 1.49M)

It's unironically a great time for being a fighting game fan.
All these older licenses making a come back and getting exposure, street fighter falling down and forcing players to expand their horizons and try new games.

youtube.com/watch?v=vAJUvy4ibeA

THAT IS BULLSHIT LAZY

New GG will have auto combos, easy to use supers.

STILL MY HEART IS BLAZING

If it ends up bad it's going to be bad in its own way, not because it's "easy like babyblue." The statement Daisuke made doesn't read to me like they're going to do everything in their power to make it easy, just that it's going to be different.

>didn't pander to waifufags
>valentine characters
>baikens redesign

Attached: 32423432.png (352x395, 317K)

IF THE WORLD KILLED ME

Attached: solbaddude.png (1774x861, 1.47M)

Just keep playing Xrd, its fun as fuck.

I think they'll try to fit stylish control scheme into the regular one or some dumb shit like that.
Casuls are the scourge of the fucking earth

Attached: 1533992408866.jpg (539x590, 76K)

It only has 1 universal parry and three cancels. I agree with you in general though, and I think people are overblowing the parts of the statement about making the game accessible. If anything about it worries me it's how it sounds like they want to be so experimental. I think it's good to make a sequel different rather than just redoing the same thing over and over, but experimentation hasn't always gone well for Guilty Gear in the past. It's hard to really make any real judgments on his statement until we see it in practice though, it's too vague on its own.

>in the arcade version of GUILTY GEAR Xrd REVELATOR, Jam's panties and selected colors will varies depending on the day of the week:
>Monday: Horizontal border (white + color)
>Tuesday: Black + edge of the color + "naka" one point mark
>Wednesday: Polka dots
>Thursday: Horizontal border (pattern + color)
>Friday: Lace + ribbon
>Saturday: Vertical border + ribbon
>Sunday: Flower decoration

Attached: 1539904304637.jpg (1920x1080, 172K)

I DON'T NEED A NEW WORLD OVER YOU

I DON'T NEED A NEW WORLD UNDER YOU

Attached: Sol.jpg (1200x665, 174K)

>Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R
>Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[cl-r]
>BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend
>Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code
>these are real titles for real video games
Why is Japan so autistic?

unironically SOUL

technology

Attached: 170805_gg070.gif (1280x720, 2.45M)

>They want to make it easy

Produce proof now

Attached: A03120F9-8A18-44C3-8AE9-044DE8D46233.png (420x282, 111K)

Does anyone want to play on EU PS4?

Attached: 1511389059701.jpg (1200x1200, 267K)

This is why GG players are respected more than these BB players falseflagging. They're above shit posting.

OH NO NO NO

Attached: IMG_20190808_224446.jpg (867x872, 158K)

Guilty Gear has too many gimmicks charactersr and one sided matches because of the overpowered Oki. Characters like Faust, Jack-O, Leo, Ramlethal don't belong in fighting games. There needs to be a new Guilty Gear with universal reversals, more tech options and shoto characters.

SOON YOU WILL KNOOOOOW

This statement is the basis for this thinking, though Daisuke already mentioned making it more accessible a while ago. I think people are overblowing it anyway, the talk of making the game an entirely new experience is much more indicative of how the game will be than the accessibility comments, I think.

Attached: EBfqhBDVAAEACj5.jpg (867x872, 158K)

>i just want to talk about fighting games
Let's be honest, there was very little actual fighting game discussion in those threads. It was all waifu shitters, rosterfagging and general shitposting

>Too many gimmick characters

There is literally no such thing, any fighting game with a gimmick character is pushing forward the design of fighting games.

THEY BETTER FUCKING PUT IN A.B.A

Attached: 1565121010293.jpg (250x249, 6K)

There was some of that but also a lot of new people getting into the game that wanted to learn and were asking good questions, and general FG discussion is nice, especially on this board with its reputation for FGs.

Point is I'd rather that than OH NONONO posting with Daisuke's tweet. We get it, we all know, lets move on.

Attached: STILLMYHEARTISBLAZING.png (1921x755, 2.59M)

>easy like babyblue

I can tell you've never played with game.
Blazblue is more hardcore than Guilty Gear since -sign-

This is the same shit every fight game dev says with each new entry. They did the exact same song and dance with Xrd.

Maybe in BB threads.

This is the only good thing from BlazBlue.
Prove me wrong.

Attached: 1548954514362.gif (432x491, 639K)

>and shoto characters
literally kys

I went into a GG thread before and there was nothing but peepshot screens of Baiken and Jam. I asked them if any were interested in playing and got no responses.

There's a decent amount of good things about Blazblue. The majority of the roster is shit though.

That was just a bunch of word vomit about GG changing. We don’t know if he’s really gonna simplify it

What, so we should just not even try to talk about Guilty Gear? Fuck off

That's not Tao, motherfucker.

>There needs to be a new Guilty Gear with universal reversals, more tech options and shoto characters.
just play street fighter

The only real way to make this GG successful, is to do it how Nintendo presented Smash.

"Everyone is here". New characters onwards for future dlc.

>suddenly people play GG
woah

Spell system was fun

I CAN'T STOP LISTENING TO THIS
PLEASE SEND HELP

>suddenly
GG has been a staple of Yea Forums for years newfag. Ever since #R.

>Doesn’t like her husband
>Or Hakumen

Gay
How the hell do you not like ninja cat

Attached: 953C22D6-BCAE-4EC7-9C42-D6B54DF5C7FB.png (1200x1200, 571K)

THE SMELL OF THE GAME!

WE ALREADY KNOW THE SMELL OF THE GAYYYYY

>he wants the same character copypasted into 20 different slots
besides, throw, blitz shield and backdash are universal frame 1 reversals and faust isn't even a setplay character

Attached: 1548798425985.jpg (320x320, 30K)

I agree it is kind of word vomit, but both occasions of speaking about the game have had him say the game's going to be simpler in some capacity. There's a lot of stuff in there that's pretty meaningless, at least right now, but I think it's pretty clear that some simplification is intended, I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing, depending on how it happens, but I expect it.

Some autist discovered a camera mod for Xrd a couple of months ago and since then all GG threads had just been imagedumps and ERPing until the new game was announced, it was awful, and the autist still posts in these threads sometimes. Nobody's playing here still though, which is a shame, because I wouldn't mind playing in a lobby here.

So this new GG will play notably different to anything in the X series onward I assume?

Give me your idea for a character at least half as batshit crazy (mechanically) as Zappa

Attached: 07FFC7A6-CC23-40F4-B69E-BE1CC340C628.png (663x1002, 688K)

Every fighting game dev says they want their game to be liked by both old players and new players.

They do not say they will be reimagining their franchise game and tackling the essence of the fighting game genre.

this handsome motherfucker is the real deal

Attached: relius-chronophantasma.jpg (454x588, 50K)

>They don't appreciate Guilty Gear and Blazblue for different reasons
>Not understanding the positive relationship the games have between each other

I come to Guilty Gear to get away from Ryu vs Angry Ryu vs Ken vs Demon Ryu vs Plastic Hair vs Girl Ryu vs Silly Ryu vs Black Ryu vs VERY angry Ryu

Attached: cvfo2zc8i7321.jpg (1042x2048, 117K)

Maybe, it is worth mentioning that from what you can tell from the gameplay in the trailer, it does look like what you'd expect from Guilty Gear still, you still see Sol's moves he's always had in addition to one new one, though I think he had that in GG2, same for Ky where his only new one is the Crack Shoot looking move. If it really is very different, I don't think it will be apparent on a surface level.

I just want Sol in Babytag already, cmon, Sol and Ky, that’s all you gotta do

>thinks it just one person who posts those screenshots.
somehow I doubt that, considering how easy it is to find them now.

It's definitely one who was doing it for the most part. You could tell from the filenames and how he would just type one or two word replies in lower caps.

A tall, old lady with grizzled hair that uses a walking cane as weapon and has her theme revolving around flowers. She's able to plant seeds on the enemy and having it bloom after a delay like DMC 4's Lucifer weapon to deal damage and allow tricky shit.
She can also plant a seed on the ground and having it bloom in a stationary vine golem used to mix up the opponent with lows and overheads with the help of her big normals that can push the opponent away or pull them closer. Having the golem hit the opponent from behind could be used to extend combos, for example.
Without the golem and because of the poor mobility, she'd have to resort to stagger and throw pressure. Also, able to combo from throws if the opponent has a seed planted on.

Attached: 1561225783225.jpg (595x806, 133K)

I've seen this post before.

How does GG compare the UNIST? It's the only fighting game i've played and I was thinking about getting the new GG when it comes out

For me, it’s Johnny.

Attached: 174314.jpg (1536x2000, 209K)

yeah, I found the source not too long ago. They aren't hard to find at this point

Attached: Screenshot 2018-10-15 11.43.22.png (1280x720, 431K)

A much bigger focus on oki and setplay, a lot more bullshit, which I don't mean in a bad way, there's just a lot of ways to play dirty, more universal defensive options and it's faster on the whole. Combos are generally shorter than UNIST and you have Burst so you can break out of a combo unlike UNIST as well. It's more character-specific than UNIST in general, I'd say you'd have an easier time learning a few different characters there than you would in GG.

Attached: YRC Throw.webm (1146x654, 2.94M)

What's going to happen to Bedman? Will his sister be his replacement, or will she be her own character?
I don't want to say bye to the bed.

Attached: 1520783135067.jpg (800x500, 143K)

I think the screen transitions, wake up recovery and the new combo routes with slowdown (although this might be just stuff to make the trailer look more flashy) can change the formula quite a bit, not in a bad way but certainly different. GG has always had very oppressive okizeme so maybe that new tech roll is a sign that they want to change that aspect from the game.

Hey there my fellow /ggg/igachad

Absolutely based.

Say bye to boy but not to the bed.

Oh shit it's another "Guilty Gear is now cool so let's pretend we know wtf we're talking about by talking about waifus and """lore""" "

Attached: 1527932692422.jpg (387x437, 41K)

I do think the new combo routes is just for the trailer, I agree on the wake up recovery though, but I still don't think it's such a big change to claim you're completely disassembling the franchise and putting it back together like Daisuke has. It still will be a significant change I'm sure though. I don't think the screen transitions will make that big a difference, I think it will mostly just be a thing for visual flair. I don't think keeping someone in the corner will force you to do a stage transition, there'll probably be a specific way to do it.

>make Xrd, a complex fighting game
>sells very little
>make FighterZ, a simplified fighting game
>sells a billion copies
>make BBTAG, a simplified fighting game
>sells significantly less than Z but still more than Xrd
Hmm... I wonder why they'd think they should simplify the game. I fucking hate auto combos and dragon rush, if there's an auto rush down mechanic in this game that's mandatory for combos I won't touch it.

Is Aria going to have moves from Justice or from Jack-O?

Attached: 62436841_p0.jpg (848x1200, 850K)

Literally every thread on this god forsaken websiye

Rev2 doesn't have good fighting mechanics. Instant block, blitz shields, and YRC are not good fighting mechanics. FD breaking is not a good fighting mechanic. Combos not working on 85% of the cast, to the point where you need to learn specific combos vs EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER, is not a good fighting mechanic. Eat my ass. Eat my whole ass. You don't even play Guilty Gear.

I don't get the hate for autocombos. They're always weaker than actual combos and are very predictable if you rely on them which make them easy to block and punish.

>Instant block is not a good fighting mechanic
Why?

>an auto rush down mechanic in this game that's mandatory for combos
What game even has that?

Pic related + Makoto.

Attached: Best Family.jpg (600x600, 86K)

To add on to this (samefagging) varied wakeup timings (face down and face up wakeups) are not good fighting mechanics. Danger time is not a good fighting mechanic. The entire throw system in GG is hot ass, too.

Interesting thank you that seems to be what I would want in a fighting game so i'll be sure to check it out when it releases

I can tolerate auto combos, I can't tolerate dragon rush.

Fighter Z. If you want to extend combos and juggle you're required to integrate the auto rush down Dragon Rush mechanic. Part of why I dropped the game. It's not difficult but it looks ugly and it feels lame to execute.

Stop being pretentious Yea Forums and show me your favourite GG combo video: youtube.com/watch?v=0Ii4aDG_tTg&list=UUblxl4-7V7BAEbgobA0tn6w&index=5

Attached: Daisuke Ishiwatari.jpg (400x602, 40K)

Because then it becomes okay to put in stupid characters like Leo who need to be IB'd in order to escape their pressure, or characters like Elphelt who will literally blockstun infinite you in the corner if you don't IB properly. Good luck doing that in lag.

>hurr hurr then just play offline, Leo sucks!

Okay. That's why the game didn't fucking sell. It is absolutely horrendous to play anywhere but offline, and good luck even finding people offline who want to put in the time.

>looking for fightan discussion on Yea Forums
Eventhubs is a better fucking choice than this shithole.

Attached: 1438151598976.png (1958x1369, 1.12M)

What's the source? Asking for a friend

Blitz shield and yrc are shit.
Having to learn combo routes for specific character combos is nowhere near as bad as you put it. Most combos will work on most of the cast but if you wanna optimize them then you gotta go for more specific shit, this could be changed but it's not 85% of the combos not working on everyone.
Instant block is an excellent mechanic that rewards good defense and FD breaking allows you to lessen the commitment of running by a few resources, making it cost a bit of meter but not enough to only let you use it seldomly but also punishing running without thinking.

Is that why they made three versions of it?

You don't play Guilty Gear

Bullshit blazing would‘ve been better.

Then Leo and Elphelt are the issue, not instant blocking. That mechanic worked just fine in XX and it's updates, Xrd making so many of the newcomers braindead to use during mixups is the actual issue.

>mechanic that rewards activeness when blocking by reducing your blockstun BAD
>mechanic that can be used to deal with crossups and revolves around a well built mind game BAD
>blocking eternally due to having no defensive options GOOD

Attached: 1549056585020.jpg (1002x857, 54K)

Nice lack of argument.

It's becoming abundantly clear to me that you don't play Guilty Gear either, because you couldn't even name the rest of the lame ass characters who get lame ass pressure if you don't IB them perfectly. Don't worry, when you actually do play when the new one comes out, IB will most likely be gone (thank God).

>The entire throw system in GG is hot ass, too.
Now I know your retarded

That isn't a problem with instant block though, that is a problem with how characters are designed around it. How games usually treat it is not that you are required to do so in certain match ups, but that getting good at it can make a situation better for you than normal.

A lot of games also don't change frame data, pushback etc with IB but just reward more meter or reduce chip.

> varied wakeup timings (face down and face up wakeups) are not good fighting mechanics.
Why not? That just means some characters will lessen some of the okizeme part of the game but without making them invincible to it. Said characters might have less hp or wake up options in exchange for that.

just download this: mega.nz/#!oaQxyYgY!nvEAkdSzJg3SKiIuXTceRn2ot261RwtKSIZfCSCx7Q0

Instant Block, Blitz Shield, YRC and the throw system are all completely fine, YRC could do with some work, but it's a good mechanic on the whole. Danger Time is dumb, but people exaggerate how bad it is. It's fun, whatever issues it has, it's always an exciting moment when it goes off, I wouldn't be sad to see it go, but if it stays I won't be too upset either. FD braking and varied wake up times can go. You massively overstate character specific combos to the point where I question how much you play of the game, even with someone like Answer who can get fucked because of those character specific combos you can still do a lot of generalized and effective stuff. c.S>2H>6K>214P>9>j.K>j.H works on everybody, and from there you may need to mix things up a bit from character to character, some may require that you do 6D>4D>H or some may require or 6D>7D>K or something like that, but it's not so demanding that you need to learn an entirely new combo for each and every character in the game, even for a character who is particularly demanding when it comes to character specific combos like him.

I'm naming the characters you named though. If youi IB perfectly then you will find dozens of gaps in the opponents offense. I know you're running out of arguments but don't act like a retard just to save face.

>gets away with everything
What a great ending for him.

Makoto's shit.

Stay mad.

>mention specific characters having bs pressure
>the other user points out that the issue is the characters, not the mechanic
>hurr durr why are you mentioning these characters?
Cute poser.

>come into thread and point out things that are universally hated about Guilty Gear
>get blasted by randoms who bring no arguments to the table, but instead greentext sardonically at me
>they show no signs that they even play the game, and instead want to pretend it's good so they can hate a new thing
>suddenly remember where I am
>Yea Forums.org, Yea Forums
>realize this is par for the course

I should've known

Attached: im living in hell.png (600x640, 698K)

Don't worry user I have a test. Whoever can't identify these two players don't actually play the game.

Attached: RiporonniSolioli.webm (480x360, 2.31M)

But she's great.

Attached: __makoto_nanaya_blazblue_and_blazblue_continuum_shift_drawn_by_ogami__0a454d5cfa8b9ea36da611d0b2f6c3 (1126x1280, 319K)

It's really easy to tell who are the people who started with BB instead of GG

So all those years of shouting "GUILTY GEAR IS DA BEST AND MOST HARDCORE FIGHTAN GAEM EVURRR!! YOU SHOULD STOP WHATEVER FIGHTING GAME YOU'RE PLAYING AND GO PLAY GUILTY GEAR INSTEAD IF YOU'RE NOT A SCRUB!!" are potentially going down the shitter, eh?

Karma is a bitch, get fucked.

The people who replied to you gave you actual answers though. Besides, if you want to talk about what is typical of Yea Forums, they would typically agree with you and call everything in the game shit for the sake of being cynical, as you have done.

Why do Goober Gear players try to convince themselves that they are playing a more "tasteful" anime game? It's all the same shit.

KNOW THE SMELL OF THE GAAAAAY

Because it's true?

What's wrong with BBTAG?
t. did not play it yet

Well, we all have our opinions.

You underestimate Yea Forums. They will hate things that are new and popular and love things that are old and shitty for the sake of being contrarian; they don't just hate everything. You're new to Yea Forums and new to Guilty Gear, too.

Also, no one in this thread gave any counter arguments. There was one guy saying some shit about Answer adjusting combos and he seemed like an intermediate Answer player based on his response, but he mostly said absolutely nothing.

Anyone who actually played the game knows that Leo isn't that big of a deal once you learn his routes. Back in XX a lot of people said similar shit about Slayer but after a few months people learned how to deal with his tools. You don't even see Leo dominating the game that much to begin with.
As the other user pointed out, the main issue with Xrd is the character balance more than the actual mechanics. On theory the way defense works on GG is pretty clever and makes the defender take an active role beyond "hold down back and look up for mixups" and let's a good player give the one on the offense enough rope to hang himself.

>this thread

Attached: YandereDevTriesPlayingGame.webm (620x414, 2.77M)

Makoto is fun as fuck you can suck my dick.

Attached: Cygnus Jolt.jpe.jpg (1247x666, 117K)

It's a 2-button fighter with autocombos, but most of its depth is found in the tag system so it kind of makes up for it

youtu.be/Af6JRDhNBiw?t=116

Attached: susan.png (800x996, 602K)

What's your square color?

Nah. I see the same bouncing titties, the same convoluted storylines, the same complicated character designes, the list goes on.
Yet we have people here pretending it's fine dining vs mcdonalds.

Sweet, now I can get into GG
For like a week

Attached: 1514586815846.jpg (917x1080, 63K)

>Also, no one in this thread gave any counter arguments
I see plenty, funnily enough I don't see anyone replying to most counter arguments in defense of the game's mechanics.

A simple yellow.

It's 90s aesthetic, so it's better.

Online reload was nice with it letting you do custom colors.

>They will hate things that are new and popular and love things that are old and shitty for the sake of being contrarian
The exact things you posted are things that get touted on Yea Forums all the time when Guilty Gear is brought up and all the posting about the new game the past few days, at least until Daisuke's statement came out, was all positive. You're the one who doesn't know what you're talking about, you're just trying to act intelligent for regurgitating the same shit everybody else who played Xrd for 10 hours and dropped it says while exaggerating each one of those issues. I'd love to see you take any character in the game and show how you need to learn a new combo for virtually every character in the game with them. You won't because it's not true and everyone has plenty of combos that work on the majority, if not all of the cast, but I'd like to see you try all the same.

There haven't been any counter arguments made in defense of the game's mechanics. There have been people saying it's "good" or "bad" or "fun". Some guy said IB rewards active defense? I guess, but what the fuck is active defense? You're actively blocking regardless of IB. Nobody's said shit, you're just mad because you're probably one of those people who replied to me and vomited a whole lot of nothing at me. I ignore you dumbasses.

Classic.

*proves you wrong*

Attached: koko.png (600x336, 69K)

>OLD GOOD NEW BAD
Leave it to boomers to have no taste.

was there any post match salt

AnYoNe LiKe CoMbOeS

Attached: PurePureHysteriaDustSetUp.webm (640x360, 858K)

The same post saying the active defense stuff explained what it was. Protip: You're doing more than just holding down back and looking for an overhead or throw.

>ArcSys has lke 2 trannies in their games
>Justice
>Bridget
>Kokonoe
>"omg based, I love Arcsys"

>Western game has a lesbian
>"we wtf disgusting"

>There haven't been any counter arguments
>Just these ones I'm too stupid to argue against.

>I'd love to see you take any character in the game and show how you need to learn a new combo for virtually every character in the game with them.

Okay. This has gotten excessively retarded, but here you go.

From a 2D starter, as Johnny, routes vs all chars
- twitter.com/dios0808/status/1038612346833268738

From throw starter
- youtube.com/watch?v=roR3kPph9Xo&list=PLeWEAsJw5YXAn380aU-p0kxxVJt3anqUr&index=6&t=0s

Medium weight characters, finishers from 55%
- youtube.com/watch?v=KA1Zkkj7RvI&list=PLeWEAsJw5YXAn380aU-p0kxxVJt3anqUr&index=9&t=0s

It's only a matter of time before YandereDev shoots up a walmart.

There's this

Attached: yd.png (559x194, 16K)

The difference is that arcsys isn't trying to push an agenda, someone included those characters because they thought they were cute or are degenerates who get off to it.
They're not trying to shove a narrative down your throat.

Attached: 102409140914.jpg (800x450, 18K)

But you don't realize defense is inherently active, regardless of whether you IB or not. Like you said, you have to block high, low, or watch for command grabs. It's a superfluous mechanic. This is where you agree to disagree, and we agree you still made no argument.

Hey nice webm, I can almost make out the game. It's ninja gaiden, right?

because it sounds cool

Justice is a grown woman and mutant gear
Bridget is a boy, and goes out on his journey to prove as such
I don't know shit about Blazblue

決めたぁぁぁぁぁーっ!!

Attached: ウメハラがぁっ!!.webm (320x240, 1.46M)

The variety is what makes it fun.

Xrd was genuinely revolutionary though (in the visual department at least)

YO YO HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Attached: 1527091739047.jpg (400x400, 38K)

>Implying Xrd wasn't already dumbed down for retards

Do you think you need to learn all those combos? Do you think the combos there are the only combos Johnny can do off a 2D on those characters, or any characters? I never denied that the game had character specific combos, but you didn't say the issue was that they existed and I didn't ask for proof that they existe. You said "you need to learn specific combos vs EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER." Where are these combos you "need" to learn? Who is this character that "needs" to learn a new combo for every single opponent, because it's not Johnny, and Johnny has plenty of combos he can use that will work on pretty much everyone, you don't "need" to learn what you've posted there.

>Kokonoe
>tranny
Look here you retard, you think you are funny picking a fight with me by insulting my wife when really you are just about to start a massacre that will make the holocaust look like a fucking joke. BACK OFF.

Attached: 1521840769594.jpg (682x548, 270K)

Imagine a world where Daigo stuck with GG. Maybe then certain people wouldn't have rigged matches or hate on "anime' games as much if he did.

Attached: 310ALTDoubleBishopRunout.webm (800x450, 2.26M)

It's barely active since most overheads are reactable in the average fighting game, just like throws. So in most instances that you block just holding down back will do the work.
In GG defense is active on a way greater scale, the aggressor can chain multiple normals and keep the offense going for longer than in a normal fighter but in GG the defender can IB to make part of his offense punishable or FD to push him far away enough to make the opponent whiff one of his attacks. The aggressor will eventually need to run again towards the opponent to keep the pressure going so there's a gap that can be exploited by the defender.
You don't play GG so of course I have to explain this to you, otherwise you would already know what "active defense" meant.

It was dumbed down in the worst ways. They added a bunch of shitty mechanics to help retards and those shitty mechanics became the backbone of the game. Those--tacked on to the back of the Guilty Gear series' already complex mechanics--turned the game into one of the wackest fighters to play on the market, despite looking very nice and pretty.

Jams panties

Welcome to being now mainstream kiddo. It happened too Capcom. Now it'll happen too you.

Attached: karma.png (1845x474, 98K)

Daigo is a very fundamental player. He wouldn't be as effective like Dogura and Ogawa that play super dirty.

>It's barely active since most overheads are reactable in the average fighting game, just like throws. So in most instances that you block just holding down back will do the work.
Jesus fucking Christ. I really am arguing with scrubs. See, this is the problem with trying to actually talk to Yea Forums

>guy challenges me and says I need to provide a character where learning a new combo for every character is necessary
>provide him one
>"d-do you think you need to learn all those combos? Just do throw coin p mist finer and end it there bro, that's what I do!"

Fucking Yea Forums. I knew you dipshits didn't actually play the games you posted about. Absolutely fucking ridiculous.

Attached: 1494023680899.png (453x567, 110K)

That's optimized stuff though. You can do combos that still do a good amount of damage that will work on most if not all characters. Specific combos are there so that the skill ceiling is higher, once you already know strong combos that work on everyone you can go for the extra mile and start learning more specific and difficult combos but if you don't know them then you're not that heavily punished since a lot of these do only a couple of raw jabs of extra damage.

What about Machaboo

Attached: NextLevelYomi.webm (1280x720, 1015K)

>provide him one
No, you didn't, you just looked up "Johnny character specific combos" as if the existence of them was what we were talking about. The notion that they existed was clear from the start, the issue was showing someone who needed them, which you didn't and couldn't do because that character and those combos don't exist. Whether you're actually aware of that and just shitposting or genuinely believe that those combos are necessary from how little your familiarity with the game is is beyond me though.

But guess which one is still alive and kicking Capkek?

Attached: 1521992495369.jpg (881x720, 53K)

how do you play dirty in a fighting game

>that read
>that RC

Attached: 1501770206972.png (832x868, 371K)

>complaining about Leo
come the fuck on.

You got btfo'd, don't try to act smug about it.
Posting optimized stuff doesn't prove that you NEED to learn this.
Defense being way more passive and solved by just holding down back in other fighting games compared to GG is a fact, you can only latch onto the "i-it's also active in other fighters!" since your point about FD and IB being bad mechanics got utterly destroyed.

Xrd lost its 90s aesthetic, it's more like Studio Trigger: The fighting game.

I don't get it

What was the purpose of the YRC there?

>Justice
A woman who becomes a gear
>Bridget
A boy forced to crossdress but still identifies as a man
>Kokonoe
A cat girl born from a tiddy witch fucking a literal cat.

I think you were aiming for Mai from Blazblue desu.

He would have just continued the Riot Stamp otherwise, he YRC'd out of it so he was in neutral and so he could throw.

Don't you save some SFV to play or something?

Being able to cancel the riot stomp so that he's able to do an air throw.

To cancel out of the move he was doing (Riot Stomp) for him to be able to throw.

>shit talk old Guilty Gear because it was rightfully bad in a nu-Guilty Gear thread
>suddenly everyone on Yea Forums is an oldfag and knows all about IB, FD, YRC, and is ready to tell me how they're absolutely fine
>suddenly everyone on Yea Forums is absolutely okay with character-specific combos against the majority of the cast, even to the point where they try to challenge me to find a character that actually has to do them
>show them the character, they get mad and backpedal, suddenly I'M the guy who doesn't play GG
>"Just be unoptimized bro! Just do the easy combos like me, dude! Wait, what do you mean that conflicts with my statements about IB and FD breaking and how those are high-execution things, and how supporting IB and other dumbass mechanics means I should also theoretically agree with you on character-specific combos? I don't know what you're talking about! I just want to be right! Fuck you, you're a scrub!"

I wasted an hour in this thread and had absolutely no fun doing it. Yea Forums is dumb as shit as always.

Attached: bad day.png (599x957, 622K)

OH he takes off using a Riot Stomp into a throw off the YRC. Fucking sick.

In English please.

Than his come 90% of the threads dissolve into Waifu posting?

>so btfo'd he can't even reply directly to the other posters
lmao

I'm glad you didn't have fun, at least.

THAT IS

I need to make more fightan webms. Anyone see how Deb used riot stomp to avoid a burst?

Attached: PurePureExplosions.webm (800x450, 1.7M)

Did you have a stroke while typing?

Should you children be playing Tekken right now?

That's what happens to you for pretending that you know shit about the subject, look at the mirror for a few minutes and you'll realize you belong in the same trashbag as the Yea Forumsirgins you despise.

Nothing wrong with some honest roman cancelling

Auto combos a staple part of most characters' combos, even their most optimal ones. Even then, if you're not mashing AA at least every five seconds, you're not playing Bardock correctly.

Yes. It's nice that he made it into ArcRevo, if I have to choose between a Sol getting in and an I-No, I'd rather the Sol.

This. Fucking this. Guilty Gear lost its 90s charm. There’s no difference in GG and BB anymore

Attached: 8CCD99EB-3299-4907-9C2A-5993FB75F790.jpg (439x550, 165K)

Absolutely false.

Nah, that was two years ago with XRD. Now everyone pretends to play UNIST.

I blew them out so badly they had to backpedal like retards and change their arguments. It's just not fun trying to talk to people like that. I know you're underage and obsessed with being right, but damn. This is some Yea Forums bullshit.

except GG is 3D and tha original

>Just be unoptimized bro!
You should. You only learn the specific and optimized combos after you have already mastered the fundamental aspects of the game. Shitters think that not being able to learn to strongest combos as soon as possible is bad design but in reality it only increases the skill ceiling since being good at fundamentals is still what will decide who wins and who loses.

COME GET DRUNK ON STREAM

Attached: Susan jojo pose.png (484x750, 428K)

this but unironically
when GG gets a character that looks like platinum you can talk at me

>The game is too easy
You fuckers won't be able to do half the bread and butter combo of your mains.

Attached: tumblr_ozxq1i28wV1wwtndoo2_1280.gif (1032x816, 1.07M)

I wish I had that clip of Bedman blocking for 20 seconds or something straight against Jack-O. That shit is fucked up.

That always happens though, someone tries to act as a smug know-it-all in a fighting game thread and gets told by other posters.

God I wish GG had a Platinum

Not before you get that Capcum out of your mouth.

You didn't even read the rest of the sentence. If you argue in favor of being unoptimal, then it makes no sense that you'd also support IB or FD breaking or blitz shield or danger time, because those are all mechanics that will literally lose you entire matches if they are sub optimal versus decent players. Of course, you just want to take one statement out of context, strawman it, and "win" for a few more seconds. I'll stay here, but I gotta be honest, this is miserable.

Remember in AC when Johnny willingly let Dizzy stay with Ky cuz he thought Ky wouldn't try anything? Good times

Attached: __ky_kiske_order_sol_and_sol_badguy_guilty_gear_drawn_by_ishiwatari_daisuke__sample-bd5005b236f58c53 (850x1245, 279K)

auto combos lock certain of your characters normals in the auto combo. So instead of being able to use your normals freely for stagger pressure or frametraps it limits your toolset and makes you more linear. The only game to do auto combos properly was UNIST.

Xrd bnbs are already super easy. New GG is definitely going to have the easiest combos to date so I doubt anyone will have trouble

It has May, who is superior in every way, it doesn't need Platinum.

Attached: 1544803448619.png (970x896, 682K)

You've already played?

Or multiple posters act like the smug know-it-alls and get fucked up by one guy. I can't believe I actually did blow out so many people at once. Am I just internet fighting a bunch of waifufags here?

THAT IS BULLSHIT! BLAZING!

Attached: Guilty_Gear_2020.png (1280x720, 1.16M)

So just treat it as multi hitting normal then.

Your point about having to learn optimized combos and IB and FD being bad mechanics got btfo'd though, as stated earlier you only latch to "other fighters also require active defense" but never went back to defend your initial stance, just try to save face by looking into specific words and twist them so that you don't look like a total idiot.

No hags allowed

Is this what you do? Just go on the internet and tell lies?

Faust

That could work if your character already has a good amount of command normals and buttons to back it up. But I've never played a game with auto combos that had that. Like in Persona 4 Ultimax or BBTAG your pressure game is often 5A 5A 5A /5A 2A because you don't have a lot of other tools to work with.

potemkin is immune to bait

Attached: Flicks.webm (640x360, 889K)

Fuckers complaining about autocombos will.
"Autocombos make things linear" are only spoken by retards who get nothing but autocombos pulled out due to their mashing.

If you try to be suboptimal against a superior player then you're losing because he's the better player. Knowing the strongest character-specific combo won't save you since he's most likely destroying you in the neutral face and knows how IB and FD works.
Even decent players don't go for the optimal combos all the time because that carries the risk that they might drop it since these tend to be more difficult. You're literally making no points regarding why IB and FD breaking are bad.
No one's defending garbage like danger time but even then the better player at neutral will benefit from it.

THAT IS BULLSHIT CRAZY

STILL MY HEART IS BLAZING

>someone disagrees with me
>WOW GUYS Yea Forums IS SO STOOPID TODAY I"M GONNA GO BACK TO EATING MY OWN SHIT

Literally just end yourself bro

>You're literally making no points regarding why IB and FD breaking are bad.

Read through the thread, already did that.

>No one's defending garbage like danger time but even then the better player at neutral will benefit from it.

Hell no. Better neutral players lose in Danger Time all the time thanks to Guilty Gear guessies and get absolutely destroyed.

>If you try to be suboptimal against a superior player then you're losing because he's the better player.

You missed the point entirely

> Knowing the strongest character-specific combo won't save you since he's most likely destroying you in the neutral face and knows how IB and FD works.

The fuck does this have to do with what I was saying?

You've shown me, in your entire post, that you're just an idiot who can't follow conversations. I'm gaining nothing by being here, but I still don't want to let you win, so I'm just going to shit on you for a while until I get bored

It wasn't really someone disagreeing with him, it was everybody disagreeing with him, because he's retarded.

Auto combos make things more linear because they limit how many options you have in a blockstring you brainlet. Kys.

dumb phoneposter

>Krappa chimp gets mad
>makes assumptions off of the bat screeching "REEE!! CAPKEK!"
Nice assumption there pal, but I'm a SNK chad and enjoys Arc's stuff.
But knowing that there's clowns like you that have something like Capcom running rent free in your heads 24/7 is pretty unhealthy to have.

Attached: 1565204138972.jpg (379x418, 55K)

Man, you got no clue what you're talking about

Implying I'm on my phone???
I don't have to be on my phone to call you a shit eating retard

Ok, retard

>I"M

dumb lying phoneposter

>That could work if your character already has a good amount of command normals and buttons to back it up.
How is any of that relevant? Not everyone gets everything on demand on every character. If pressure comes from auto combo then that's just where it comes from. Not every character gets a reversal, command grab, fireball, etc. Why should pressure be? Unless your character is so unbelievably gimped that autocombo is the only way of dealing damage, there's no reason why it should specifically be hated and even then that applies to any and all moves for any character.

how are so many people complaining about it when barely anyone plays it?

>I'm a SNK chad
Why lie on the internet like that?

>Read through the thread, already did that.
And you already got told why you're wrong.
>Hell no. Better neutral players lose in Danger Time all the time thanks to Guilty Gear guessies and get absolutely destroyed.
"""Guessies""" are part of the fundamentals.
>You missed the point entirely
t. I don't know what to say so I'll try to make you look like a fool.
>The fuck does this have to do with what I was saying?
>Criticizes the game because you need to learn new combos for every character to win
>can't realize that this isn't requires to be great at the game since being good at fundamentals is still the deciding factor instead of applying 3 jabs extra of damage per combo
You got told again, go back and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about one more time if you want since there's nothing else you can do in defense of your non existent arguments.

>Kokonoe
You take that back right now

stop mashing you idiot.
You get the same strings because you mash the same strings.
fighting game input isn't RNG. You get the same shit because you mash the same shit.
Stop mashing A and learn to stagger, throw, jump cancel, hit low, use overheads.

>holds shift accidentally while typing and put a " instead of a '
>hehe what a phoneposter

>shoto characters
isn't that Ky? He has a projectile, a hurricane kick, a shoryuken, and long legsm

You don't understand auto combos are bad pressure because they can only be done from one specific normal every time that you means that you can't be creative with your blockstring because you'll be the same thing every time you'll never hit someone with a frame trap in an auto combo because your next attack is pre determined.

Oh you mean like how you Capkucks say you like all those literal who shit fighters that are from Crapcom but yet none of you all really give a shit about ANY of them outside of "Muh MAHVEL" and Street Fighter Furfag Otherkin Edition?

>And you already got told why you're wrong.
Nobody gave me a convincing argument for why I would be wrong. You aren't doing it now, you certainly didn't do it then.

>"""Guessies""" are part of the fundamentals.
Do you realize how hard this outs you as a dipshit who doesn't even play the game?

The rest of your post was a whole lot of nothing. I think greentexting it would be a waste of time. Come back with a response to my initial argument.

dumb trying-to-save-face phoneposter

???

Too bad fightcade has no gg in it. Is there no equivalent?

Attached: Jam.webm (1280x720, 2.11M)

You are not giving me a convincing argument, that truly show how much of a dipshit who doesn't even play the game you are.
Come back to me with an actual argument.

Reload has fanmade netplay but not a lot of people play it nowadays.

>you're not giving my non argument a convincing argument

I need to leave now though because I just got cucked, for real. Peace

>Nobody gave me a convincing argument
That's a cute way of running away from an argument, you schizos never fail to make me laugh.

Attached: 1564782824740.jpg (410x380, 49K)

No, but seriously, is he?

That's the same for any multi hitting move. You are getting butthurt that you can't get the second hit of an auto combo on demand when you should see the second hit as the followup to the initial hit and see the AA as a single move.

You can only get Chun Li's lighting kick after you mash the k button, you need to press the k button 3 times to get it. You get what you are looking for after consecutive presses. Same with auto combos. You get the move you want after fulfilling the condition to get it. It's basically a different execution condition that isn't motion based.

stop mashing A or at least press back and mash A and you won't have Auto combos be a problem.

Yes.

BlazBlue absolutely dominated arcades in Japan for years, and had shitloads of support and spinoffs. It was a series with 4 main games over the span of 9 years. It made ArcSys a LOT of money.

Good, I'm not crazy.

Both Ky and Sol are shotos, due to the nature of the franchise they're vastly different but they still have the Projectile + dp + fancy kick move combination.

See me in UNIST

She peaked in CP. I could never get behind CF Makoto and her zero swag combos.

We can DL reload right? What if we make playing GG threads like the UNISTcl-r boys?

Attached: 1536790653792.jpg (1000x1399, 215K)

Continuum Shift 2 Makoto says hi.

That would be cool.

I don't think that's going to happen at this point. Anytime I try to make a lobby on a Yea Forums thread barely anyone responds, if even one person does. Granted I play on EU PS4 and I believe most people here play GG on PC. I imagine you'll have better chances of making lobbies here when the new one comes out anyway, more people will be playing then.

If it makes Yea Forums sad, I'm happy. Fuck you contrarian faggots. You don't deserve a moment of peace. And I hope every day for all of you concerning your entire lives is miserable for the rest of your pathetic existence.

You sound alright. Don't go to Yea Forums tomorrow.

BBCP1.1 ruined Taokaka

tao caca

Still seething that your precious Capcom crap's only taste left for a crossover is now a shitty digital card game? Sorry you MAHVELfags shot yourselves in the legs due to you cucks thought it was a good idea to do a massive shitpost campaign on MvCI as a form of """"""constructive criticism"""""" while shilling the fuck out of Goku vs Goku.

Attached: 1552006094902.jpg (480x360, 22K)

Xrd is fine, biggest issues with it are the characters balance, (Johnny/Ino/Elphelt being some incredibly dumb designs), YRC in general allowing for the most oppresive oki in GG history with projectiles and unseeable things/removal of punishing whiffs, and melee characters in general being underpowered with the lack of reliable defensive mechanics/bad frame data.

Alot of things in this game are just too safe with way to much reward.

Dont get me wrong its leagues better then any other fighter out currently, but improvements can always be made.

It's not too late to learn fighting games Yea Forums! Just learn in chunks, practice, and take breaks!

youtube.com/watch?v=KSGcrlMdIrc

I'm getting the impression that the stage transition is at least one way of alleviating oppressive corner offense situation.

STILL MY HEART IS BLAZING!

He's not my Kai.

She peaked in CS2 and CF Makoto is still pretty swagger.

Im just worried that it won't play/feel like GG, since that statement makes it so that he can literally do anything with the GG name. but I trust him to not to anything too retarded.

>Im just worried that it won't play/feel like GG
That's just doom and gloom.
GG just needs 4 things to be GG.
Burst, RC, Dust. FD

Xrd was already casualized compared to +R and no it wasn't just FRC. Character expression and defense is toned down hard in Xrd.

Maybe the corner of the stage have a set damage threshold? It'd be interesting, though I wonder if it'll only happen once, or how that'd work from a bottom stage.

Yea, it's too bad Zato can't do FB drills, or Millia doing FB disc. Those took so much SKILL but seriously I do miss some stuff

It might be just a once thing. Frankly If you need a save for each round, you were losing hard anyway.

Moves might have stage break properties or something more universal. Wall dust is probably one of them seeing that Ky broke that wall. Fafnir may have stage break too

i'm not worried about it being "easy". xrd is easy execution wise but the game itself is filled with annoying mechanics that only adds to bloat the game.

The butchering on people's moveset like Zato, Johnny or Slayer is pretty bad, I have to admit.
Johnny is really awful to play in Xrd, I don't care if he's busted, he's shitty and boring.

It looked like Ky just did a 5K though, which doesn't seem like something that have a property like that.

im still putting absolute trust in team red don't worry. as long as they make a game where it still rewards legacy skill, im still down for anything.

Attached: perro.png (287x188, 143K)

BIRDS FLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
ACCORDING TO INSTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINCT

Attached: BIRB.jpg (1280x720, 38K)

I want to pay Jam for sex to help her rebuild her restaurant

UNDER THE DUST I REIGN

Attached: 1527559314433.png (484x584, 666K)

as long as my character is in the game and good I'll be happy

INVISIBLE INEVITABLE

Attached: birby.jpg (1280x720, 116K)

>implying CF isn't a harder game than Xrd
Why does Yea Forums try to talk about fighting games when they never play them?

>Have played XX & Xrd, but not enough to say I'm knowledgeable
>Still care most about the gameplay after the music
>Don't really have anything to say in this thread
>Not even affected by execution barriers lowering because I already play Potemkin

Attached: 1533352814428.gif (250x188, 989K)

because fighting games are fun to watch, therefore everyone gets exposed to them

Blazblue got faster after CP, most people who don't like BB dropped the series by the point.

Lethal League looking real good.

Who is your character?

How the fuck did an indie studio pull of the Xrd effect so well? Lethal League Blaze is beautiful.

>That count as a projectile
Huh.

It might be auto combo as Ky did a 2HS animation before doing the kick and I'm mostly sure that you couldn't reverse beat from 2HS into K in most if not all GG.

Did ABA mains killed themselves already?

These threads are filled with scrubs who got blown the fuck out online and don't want to put the time in to improve.
They see a new game is announced and get excited because maybe this time they won't get butt fucked so hard, inevitably they will quit within the first few months and Guilty Gear will have an extremely small playerbase again.
History often repeats itself.

I doubt it. If 2H wasn't going to gatling into 5K I don't see why they would change that just for the sake of an autocombo. Seems like there's no purpose to it.

Well, Xrd people did post about how they did their effect in a GDC video.
Secondly, Lethal League has way fewer animations, characters, and poly.

Xrd style isn't some magic, it's just very tedious and isn't achieved by adding blanket shader on a model and calling it a day

because it looks cool

If they wanted to make it gatling because it looks cool, or for any reason, then they could just make it gatling without the autocombo.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEN YOU DIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1542405695543.jpg (483x576, 45K)

Attached: download (1).png (198x254, 13K)

This is your next GG EVO champ, say something nice to him

Attached: Asuka_R._Kreuz.png (270x419, 158K)

I've got no idea how that specific song became a meme
It sounds cool as fuck

Or they could just make it autocombo.

>Already in playable state to be demoed on in public
Welp, looks like it's gonna make it in EVO 2020 after all.

That's every fucking thread on Yea Forums. Is this your first time here?

They could, but there's nothing about it in the trailer that makes me believe it is one.

They don't. Yea Forums has always been posers, go to /vg/ if you want to play fighting games(not /fgg/ they don't play video games either).

the 2HS comboing into 5k and 5k actually having some kind of hard hitting property rather than being a fast weak attack seems that way to me.
I don't think the kick is a dust because there's no slow wind up for it.

I don't see it leading to the stage transition as being a sign of an autocombo either though, if autocombos lead into that it would probably be the end of the autocombo that does it and 5K would not be the end, in all likelihood.

Whoever you don't main

Not GG?

>finally start playing fighting games
>start hitting combos consistently
>have no motivation to actually learn anything else, since doing combos are so fun
what the fuck do I do?

playing actual matches and become redpilled on the fact that combos are actually the least interesting aspect of fighting games

youtube.com/watch?v=kdy4GE4AgBk
WILL
PUREST WILL

just practice combos and play friends locally, online is cancer

Alright Asuka R. Kreuz...
YOU'RE ON

Attached: 100%MAD.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

Nah you're wrong about that. SFV was a boring as hell. Because of the combos.

Retard

It works out really well.

Attached: 261bd8403737498b6e1283a3fca8f579.jpg (850x650, 105K)

dude SCVI had a playable build with Mitsu and Sophi like a week after the announcement and it still took like 10 months before the release

it really did

Attached: it's not going to be you.jpg (1280x720, 63K)

BB was more autistic with combos, actually. A fucking gorrilion-hit combo is considered a basic BnB in Blazblue.

I miss old guilty gear endings pic

Attached: ggxxacp-story-ky1.jpg (850x650, 147K)

On closer look I think you are right. There was no big impact vfx like Sol's three hit combo.
Maybe it's grab animation. I just don't see reverse beat being a thing for Ky.

Attached: dizzy kancho.webm (1000x563, 2.76M)

don't forget the certain arcade release it will get

>there are still knuckledraggers who still think that that it's BULLSHIT BLAZING and that it makes sense to have BLAZING in the next fucking sentence as well
I have no face for this

GG as it is now has too many mechanics. Arc should cut one and bring back the instant anytime destorys like GG1 had.

Attached: 1549197922812.gif (325x244, 1.84M)

Bounty hunter cyborg. He's got a revolver in one hand that fires shots with different sub effects. It's 6 shots, and the amount of times you've reloaded decides what order they come out in. And that's just one arm, the other arm has a metal gauntlet for his grapples and lunges but if he gets hit out of lunges and grapples enough the arm breaks off and he loses his range in exchange for getting the moves off faster. His lunge also uses a booster on his back and if he lunges too many times into short of a period it sets him on fire, but getting a grapple while on fire sets the opponent on fire too to share in his self inflected DOT

the only fighting game I've played extensively and enjoyed is HFTF because its combos feel unique and interactive, having to do things like dash into opponents to push them around or catch opponents on the other side of the screen after a launcher without it just being a special move you input after move with the right timing, I just wish it didn't have so many flaws
would I like guilty gear?

fuck this stupid ass character and anyone who plays her

Attached: 1507696208753.png (500x464, 587K)

Just don't let her get momentum bro

You may, there's certainly an element of that with the combos in GG. I've never played HftF beyond very casual play though, so I couldn't say how they compare to one another in that regard.

Because of how incomprehensible the lyrics are
It's worse than guilty gears vocal tracks

not even top tier

Attached: PurePureHysteriaExplosionSetUp.webm (640x360, 1.69M)

Was there any announcement for a new Marvel at EVO?
Was there one for Darkstalkers "4"?
What about Street Fighter 6?
Yeah, that's what I thought you fucking Capkuck.

Attached: 1523722312953.png (734x590, 344K)

easier said than done man. It's super hard to keep her from locking you in the corner

they picked it to annoy the casters a lot of the time. because of the constant incomprehensible shouting the singer does

It's not though, if you pressure Jack-O she just melts

>want to play Raven
>don't wanna buy him with real money
>fish RNG isn't giving him to me
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1493697627489.png (480x480, 190K)

I kno it's going to have fucking auto combos since every arc game now has to have auto combos for nubs to spam but I mean if it expands the player pool and makes the game survive I guess it's okay. why the fuck did I spend hundreds of hours of my life getting gud just to have them water the game down

Attached: 1545743074242.jpg (1280x720, 282K)

I don't think that's a jiver judging by his initial post

If you just do the story you should be pretty close to being able to buy him.

I spent all that money on fishing already and I have nothing to show for it except the old shitty elphelt costume

Attached: MY RESTAURANT.png (500x281, 94K)

Just do nothing but break her houses if she has them out and preferably play a character with a projectile, bro.

>why the fuck did I spend hundreds of hours of my life getting gud just to have them water the game down
To gain the right to complain about them casualising the sequel. I'd say it's worth it.

That's fair, maybe i've been playing too conservative

I'm a jam player unfortunately, but i'll try to pressure her more in the future

Attached: 1564791300636.jpg (666x501, 32K)

Inb4 DBFighterZ infects GG with Super Dash AIDS

Attached: 1549694474689.gif (208x417, 48K)

If the game sucks (it won't) then UNICLR will still be brand new too, so it's fine to go play that since a lot of skill still translates over.

but I don't like any of the UNI characters though

WARM IN THE DAY HAVE A GOOD TIME

But I do

Attached: 0241e53fd0de99c2caa3eb0ac3a19029.jpg (986x1271, 911K)

I find this really perplexing. I'm seeing so many people on twitter, even top level players (for other games) say they want a simpler GG. Hell, you can even find people on Yea Forums now saying that Xrd was somehow bloated and overcomplicated.

If these are the kind voices that ASW is listening to, then no way in heaven or hell will this new GG game be anything worth playing.

guilty gear was doomed the second they made the switch to 2.5d

You like a melty blood character

The only truth is that Rev 2 has a bit too many mechanics, there are quite a lot that you rarely see and the rare ones often just plain fuck up the pace of the match when they happen (danger time, blitz to a certain degree)
Removing shit like that won't make the game easier, but it will make it better.

Honestly, I hope ASW realizes that the best way to make people buy the game and keep playing is by having a lot of content and worthwhile unlockables.
Rev 2 is really lacking in single player, MOM is a pretty mediocre mode even by fighting game standards and besides the arcade mode and anime movie that's all you get

Yeah but she is in the game, so it counts.

Everything you said is false and stupid.

no u

Rev 2 was most certainly not lacking in single player content.
>MOM is a pretty mediocre mode even by fighting game standards
Mostly because it's a shitty fusion of the original MoM and Survival modes into something that's worse than both.

Didn't they say Xrd would be more accessible? The game is still hard as hell for casuals.

Things is, GG can't change too much or it won't be itself. The complicated mechanics is what makes Guilty Gear....Guilty Gear.

>not lacking in single player content
>A literal movie
>an extremely simple arcade mode with meh AI
>MOM
That's it
People complained that SFV was barebones in the single player department but this is literally just the same shit as launch SFV but with a slightly better survival mode and a movie.

The only part I don't like about blitzes is the rejection into rejection into rejection and so forth part. Granted, not many are going to burn their meter like that, and maybe blitz shield as-is might be too strong if blitz counters didn't exist, but I'd like to see that adjusted away.

I liked slashbacks more anyway.

Just make her playable Daisuke. I'm not asking for anything else.

Attached: st max.jpg (1280x700, 116K)

They added Stylish mode and made roman cancels easier, but that's about it.

The daisuke note does not say anything about actually wanting to make the new game easier or have it appeal to a bigger audience.
Just that it will be appealing to both old and new players.

I hope the auto combos are more akin to UNIST than DBFZ.
I.e Sol 5LLL could be done manually like 6P c.S 5HS (imaginary inputs here but its an example)

Ky fucks

she ded breh, let her go

>r/Krappa only does more harm then good

Attached: 1528181052790.png (403x387, 142K)

BANG
POW
BOOM

I just want them to use that fucking Robo Ky model they made for a playable character instead of dumb story mode cutscene bullshit
Fuck you Daisuke, bring back my boy and his fun heat meter

Attached: robo-ky taunt.gif (240x280, 120K)

>>A literal movie
Which is quite good.
>>an extremely simple arcade mode with meh AI
Literally a classic arcade mode typical of any FG, nothing wrong with it.
>>MOM
Already commented on it.

What else do you want?
The old GG didn't really have anything more outside of MoM and Survival being distinct modes instead of being fused into one and one Story Mode which is essentially a fixed, shittier Arcade mode with a bunch of gimmicks for a few encounters.
Really, what the fuck do you want? Guilty Bowling?

Not really. Burst, RC, FD, and Dust is what makes GG a GG and RC is the only really complicated mechanic.
Every other mechanic can be swapped out with no real huge detriment.

SFV had less content than what you described. Also you forget that how badly SFV's launch single player mode played. Garbage rewards, extremely uneven difficulty curve, and if you disconnected you lost all your progress. SFV was considered unfinished because it couldn't even get the bare bones right.

youtu.be/vAJUvy4ibeA?t=52
I think this sequence here comes after a wall break. Maybe you get more options than just reseting to neutral

Massive tutorial, missions, combo trials, diorama

SC6 wasn't a massive success despite the strong single player content. Tekken 7 had almost nothing and it's the biggest fighting game right now. Tekken also happens to be a super complex game with lots to learn and gameplay that wasn't messed with. DBFZ had decent single player stuff but it's a simple as shit game and everyone's tired of it. It's had the biggest and fastest drop of tournament players ever. Fuck off with this bullshit about taking away fun mechanics or quirks and putting in more single player content. It's not what matters and it will never be. People who want that will never actually commit to the game anyway. They just want something to play for a couple of weeks.

So was Zato

Slashbacks were really hard to do, even among pro players seeing them was pretty rare. But Slashbacks never caused any issues, they were just hard to perform while Blitz shield can lead to a lot of bs scenarios.

He was going to be in next but then they decided to make a new game instead of just revising xrd for some 10 more years

The legit only problem with blitz is that it affects some characters more than others. Characters that rely on crossups suffer more with blitz than characters that use high-low mixups.

But a mechanic that eliminates a mixup doesn't sound so bad, assuming that the cost and risk are well balanced. It's very GG-ish. After all, it's what bursts are for, too.

single player content is why the game sells. Casuals are what buy the game in the first place. It doesn't matter if they drop it because it's not an MMO with a subscription fee. revenue comes from the purchase

They better have him in the next one then or I'll still be stuck with X2#R and AC+R for when I want to play my main

Attached: robo-ky seethe.gif (213x259, 22K)

Again, Tekken 7 says otherwise.

Tekken 7 still has better single player content than Xrd. Even if just barely.

Tekken 7 has bowling and a ridiculously long story mode. It's more than SFV ever had at launch.

That's just fucking false. Even SIGN had more stuff than Tekken 7 on launch, and even today.

>Ariels added to next game
>keeps the face paint
>all of her musical references are to the Insane Clown Posse

They should just add an ISUKA like beat em up mode in the new game and let you play through it coop or some shit.

GBFVS already has something like that. Maybe it'll happen.

Yeah that's exactly also in GBVS, with RPG mechanics and bosses taken straight from the mobile game.

If it has the grinding aspect of the mobile game too then I can definitely see it lasting quite some time.

Tekken 7 was only a few hours long, with cutscenes. 6 was pretty long, in comparison.

This. 6 had a pretty involved Story to get Lars & Alisa over. 7 is like a bunch of SFV Stories strung together with a consistent narrator (and, to be fair, a god-tier QTE).

I'm probably the only person who wants the new S3 Feature to be Tekken Force instead of Tekken Ball. A solid hour-long beat-em-up you can play with the entire cast? Yes please.

Attached: 1540096611877.jpg (1200x908, 104K)

play tekken

The Akuma battle in Tekken 7 was pretty nice tho

Bullshit. You see almost every mechanic constantly.
IBs constantly
Barrier constantly
Dead angles consistently but baitable.
Burst every match
All RCs besides maybe purple constantly.
Blitzing constantly.
FDCing with characters that can do it decently.

Besides maybe supers themselves which are rare compared to just using meter for something better for most of the cast you SEE EVERYTHING! All of them have a purpose and all of them increase the games longevity as they give you a array of answers to most problems.

hey man it's a good movie

>NuGG
>Playing Faust
>No meteor because too much for babies.
>5M is stubby and only slightly above average range.
>2K isn't plus anymore

PACCHI SAVE ME! Hes still the balance lead for GG right? Daisuke please senpai i need my pokes? Isn't anyone else scared about that? A baby mode version of a GG means pokes might go to shit to create a more random environment like SFV where retards can flail more or you have to pick one of the few with good neutral pokes like Karin.

Pachi is working on GBVS. Which is a good thing for GG depending on who you ask
word of mouth is that the combat director for the next GG is an old +R Pot player

Terumi and Hakumen are both tied as best BB boys. Best girls are a harder contest, but Taokaka and Mercury are up there.

Attached: 1563511720130.png (1280x720, 910K)

it's always a coin flip when a grappler main becomes dev.

>Playing Chipp
>Only one teleport option: old 22K
>30f recovery because we need to give babies time to react
>FDC removed so he literally has no mixups anymore
>2-button grab with CH startup makes him die the moment he gets pressured
I can't wait!

Yeah and you didn't mention Danger Time or Jump Install. Dead angles aren't common in matches at all due to their meter cost either however

There's load of bs mechanics in the game that really don't need to be there
Guts just makes healthbars harder to read
Mash to tech is retarded
Stagger is retarded
Blitz just turns the match into a quick RPS match for no reason

There's also some other stuff that's weird like Stun, I don't see why it's in when the game is already so heavily momentum based. Not to mention the lack of a visual bar to show how much hits are left before you get stunned is just dumb

are they not doing an arcade release?

Any name you guys recognize? Aside from the usual guys like Ishiwatari and Kidooka of course.

Attached: BlazBlue is unironically better.png (1600x900, 676K)

Skullgirls was made by a Pot main and that game has two of the coolest characters I've ever used so I'm cautiously optimistic, since I doubt GGXth will have the problem of Skullgirls of trying way too hard to be a "balanced" MvC2.

Attached: 1555016991523.png (413x501, 255K)

>Guts just makes healthbars harder to read
Guts is a vital mechanic that has been integral for years
>Mash to tech is retarded
Doesn't really bother me
>Stagger is retarded
Lolno
>Blitz just turns the match into a quick RPS match for no reason
Kind of agree on this one.

Xrd gameplay wasn't anything spectacular, good that they are reworking that

The game

I can't believe my Ky would marry this THOT

Guts might as well just be more hp for certain characters. There's no reason it has to be done like this
Mashing has no place in a fighting game

>Mashing has no place in a fighting game

Attached: 1558207934507.gif (346x263, 945K)

Jack the Ripper-style motherfucker with throwing knives, that can summon Bonnie and Clyde-esque partners at any time. The knives are similar to Valentine's scalpels, but with way more angles to throw them from. Straight ahead and simple, right behind you, or even as an air cancel above you.
Bonnie and Clyde are another story, and you can use them in just about any scenario. In the middle of blocking a low kick? Be a cheap motherfucker and call Bonnie in to snipe your opponent in the back. Opponent's about to dish out a super? Summon Clyde to use that tommygun and cancel it right quick. If Jack's getting getting his ass kicked hard, they also serve another purpose as meat shields. Not of their own accord, though, they're just doing it because he told them to. You can rack up damage quickly with three different people shooting at one target.
Sounds pretty easy, huh? Nah. The inputs for their more specific cancelling moves aren't a piece of cake in the slightest, and instead of being invincible minions, your opponent can cancel their own moves, hit them back, and send them flying off. Same story with the knives. Jack can only summon the two of them a limited number of times, and after a while, they just get tired of this shit, and he's on his own. He's also perfectly capable of running out of those throwing knives, too. Massive risk of a character, but a huge reward if you know what you're doing.
Excuse my autism, I've had this floating in my head for a while now.

Attached: 1560081228042.jpg (599x600, 40K)

V translated to a fighting game with the level of autistic accuracy as UMvC3 Dante.

Attached: 1551379786082.jpg (1200x1176, 168K)

If it is a Pot main then if they give me a more mobile grappler, a true one, not that Sol/May comment I see, then I'll already be happy. Especially more so if it's another Commander type gear like Justice in terms of designs. I want more mechs playable.

post em

Attached: 1563714733534.jpg (1024x817, 442K)

>Pin 'em to the wall

Attached: 1554846951131.png (773x803, 838K)

You mean Zato?

stupid anisoys complaining about stupid shit instead of lack of crossplay

this will be another POS4 "tournament standard" dead turd

might as well leave a few blank spaces cause there's no way the black samurai is the only newcomer
I'm expection 4 new characters at the very least

>Guts just makes healthbars harder to read
I've had this idea that you could visually represent character's guts rating by making the hp bar thicker or so at the lower portions. Could drive the idea across easier than having to check or read what the defense and guts ratings per-character are.

>Two Fausts
Huh?

Jesus, this delusional.
>No Pot in the list
what are you fucking stupid?
Grappler archetype is always guaranteed

>A.B.A.
>The Pope
Yeah, you and me wish bud

Exactly. I fully expect the third King Daryl to be playable too along with Leo and Ky. He was prominent enough to get an entire after story dedicated to him even bizarre as it was and more importantly I can't see them giving a character the Kakyoin/Nash haircut and not make him playable.

Doesn't he get mindbroken?

its a wish list, not an expectations list
i hate grapplers
woops, well just pretend one slot is empty then cuz idk lol

Isn't this the fighting game where a character has different panties for every day of the week, how the fuck can you call any other game a waifu game

>Video blocked on copyright grounds from Avex

God, fuck that company

>refers to Ariels as "The Pope"
fuck off fake fan

I think that's something Mori (blazblue guy) would say. Ishiwatari isn't quite as deep down on that waifu rabbit hole as Mori.

That still wouldn't represent guts accurately, it's not just more HP, it's damage modifiers at different points on the bar i.e. you can blow past it with a single strong hit.
It's impossible to make a good visual for guts because it doesn't make intuitive sense in the first place. It would be better off gone.

So the roster is just gonna be GG1 returning characters and like 2 newcomers, right?
Kind of disappointing.

Who is the best GG character, and why is it Slayer?

Persona 4 Arena's Awakenings were just making the Guts physically comprehensible and give ya meter while it's at it.
And one way is to go Arcana Heart's way, and give people varied independent Guts.

But of course Yea Forumsappa will love it because it's made by le based ArcSys. Can't wait for their Godzilla and Jojo fighting games with autocombos, super dash, dumbed down gameplay mechanics and only 11 characters at launch.

Source?

The main issue is how we're dealing with static length HP bars. They're a fighting game stable and I'd be surprised them to change them, but making those bars variable length based on defense, guts or straight up overall health would make the implementation more readable.

At least guts is more intuitive than whatever Melty Blood was smoking.

Jam does in fact have different panties for different days of the week in Xrd though. Doesn't change that that's one character (a character normally played for laughs at that) when BB & Mori are powered by waifus; that's just how it is since they used the BB money from waifufags to buy the rights to GG from SEGA.

Reminder that BBTag only exists because Mori wanted an excuse to make a RWBY game. He's Waifufag Prime.

I feel like a lot of people I know prefer Blazblue over GGXrd, why is Blazblue ded though?

I'm not saying it' Slayer, but it is Slayer.

Attached: 1565035874360.jpg (624x624, 61K)

That's a funny way to spell Faust

>Blazblue over GGXrd
Whoops, I meant BB over GG in general.

Because he gives Potemkin a good matchup

The only thing I'm missing from BB is Bang. He's the one single character I care about and one of my favorite characters to play, but overall I prefer GG.

Pre-Xrd? Maybe, leaning on most definitely.
Post-Xrd? OH NIGGA STOP THIS.

This but with Tager.
This again but with P4U & Kanji.
This once again but with Skullgirls & Big Band.

Attached: 1481685555458.png (500x353, 162K)

I just realized, with the way they render their models, its basically impossible to get 3d porn of these characters.

PLEASE DONT SAY YOU ARE LAZY

Whats your favourate looking move in Xrd? mine personally is MISTO FINER.

Attached: 800px-GGXRD_Johnny_MidMistFiner.png (800x443, 145K)

FAFNIR

Why is his design so unnaturally bad

Most people prefer GG over BB.

Mine is P Mist Finer due to how fun it is to use.

Remember guys, if you're too worried about the next GG getting dumbed down, you can always give GGXXAC+R a shot.

>Some Anime music makes me cringe since I, embarrassingly, used them for high school video projects and shit

Attached: eurel.png (400x400, 29K)

but I can't beak driver people in +R

But Potemkin has a much better design in Xrd (and presumably the new game) than he used to.

Attached: 1533400775341.png (332x443, 130K)

So long nobody comes along and plays Justice

Gee why doesn't this Engrish make sense?

Attached: 428.png (256x256, 259K)

The barely-comprehensible Engrish is part of the appeal.

Attached: 1565218437999.jpg (759x517, 93K)

Attached: based daisuke.png (600x950, 498K)

I love GG but the average consumer doesn't want to buy 8 different editions to keep up with the fucking game. GGers are fucking delusional.

Didn't BB do that for a few iterations before letting you upgrade digitally for the last one or two? Xrd also learned its lesson and made Rev 2 an upgrade DLC (and even included crossplay with people still playing Rev 1).

so is this gg4 or xrd3

It has nothing to do with making sense, musically it's not something people want to do to end 2 subsequent different sentences with the same word, it's almost always retarded.
There is almost 0% chance that it's "bullshit blazing" purely because it's followed by "still my heart is blazing", engrish, japanese, english, any language you put in wouldn't change that. One of those sentences does not end in the word blazing, but a rhythmically and audibly similar word, because that's how music and poetry tends to work lad

project for what?

It's a new base game. They updated their visual tech, redesigned Sol & Ky, showed stage transitions as a potential new mechanic, and didn't mention Xrd at all in the trailer.

>implying Omito won't win EVO with a low-tier Johnny

It does when you think of it as the transitional line to go into the chorus.
>That is bullshit

>BLAZING
>Still my heart is
>BLAZING

See what I mean. It seems odd since you don't hear the rest of the song prior to that line.