Playin' Nintendo DS games on 3DS via TWiLight Menu++

There's so many games I don't know what to play. Currently bopping around Sonic Rush Adventures and Meteos.

Post your game recs or ask for advice on what to play.

github.com/DS-Homebrew/TWiLightMenu/wiki/How-to-install-TWiLight-Menu

Attached: 1557478165361.png (1000x912, 514K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LRTkXOUXraTMjg1eedz_f7b5jiuyMv2x6e_jY_nyHSc/htmlview#
gbatemp.net/download/retrogamefan-ds-scene-rom-tool.35735/history
youtube.com/watch?v=7JFGZKU7xwE
youtube.com/watch?v=kL6ZuajQC3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=MuaOvgfUD1w
3ds.hacks.guide/
youtube.com/watch?v=VHLKzQB7irk
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LRTkXOUXraTMjg1eedz_f7b5jiuyMv2x6e_jY_nyHSc/edit#gid=0
youtu.be/68BosWlnlXI
youtu.be/BLyZbdWtQIs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ghost trick

nani? what is this?

I got this and still only ended up playing mh4u

I'll pray for you to get some taste.

Attached: 1540650042254.png (241x235, 4K)

TWEWY is the best DS game second best is devil survivor but that has a superior 3ds version

Attached: 5102FDF7-7C03-4F2A-8100-A8957AF125CC.jpg (470x495, 113K)

Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow/Order of Ecclesia/Portrait of Ruin
Chrono Trigger (The DS version is the definitive version of the game imo)
Digimon World Dusk/Dawn
Elite Beat Agents
Etrian Odyssey 3: The Drowned City
Final Fantasy: 4 Heroes of Light (basically the Bravely Default beta)
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales (cute card game)
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2
Ghost Trick
Hotel Dusk: Room 215
Jump Ultimate Stars
Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days
Magical Starsign
Megaman ZX and ZX Advent
Meteos
Rune Factory 1 or 3
Suikoden Tierkreis
The World Ends With You
Touch Detective 1 and 2 1/2
Trauma Center 1 and 2

>Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days
Now I can't trust your recommendations.

Attached: 1547644891350.png (1035x861, 3.4M)

On a 3DS it lets you play DS games off a SD card. No flash card required.

Ghost Trick
Ace Attorney
The World Ends with You
Kirby Superstar Ultra
Advance Wars
Tetris DS
Chrono Trigger

I thought it was a good game. Being able to play as all the members of Organization XIII and having them all play differently than the others was great.

oops, forgot to include Rhythm Heaven and WarioWare Touched, they're definitely really fun games worth playing

It's so repetitive though. But if you'd rec it why not Re:Coded?

Re:Coded felt way too clunky. It very much felt like the phone game it was. And it was just retelling the first game over again for the third time except not adding anything interesting to the gameplay.

SMT: Strange Journey
SMT: Devil survivor
Kirby Canvas Curse
Space Invaders Extreme

Whats the point of playing SJ and Devil Survivor when both games (and DS2) both have expanded 3DS ports?

I hacked mine ages ago, not even sure if I can hack it to play DS games, since ACTUAL DS games don't even work on it anymore (DSiWare also doesn't work).

Seems like something got ghosted last time shit updated.

Is there ever a reason to go with the (U) version of a game over a (E)? Seems American localizations always redact.

Tried this, DLed it and there's no text in the speech bubbles. The fuck?
Thanks Obama

Patch it, dingus.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LRTkXOUXraTMjg1eedz_f7b5jiuyMv2x6e_jY_nyHSc/htmlview#

gbatemp.net/download/retrogamefan-ds-scene-rom-tool.35735/history
Piggybacking on that to post this. If you need to patch a DS game. This thing is gonna be able to do it. Cause otherwise... fuck hunting down patches from that long ago.

More time for people to play Henry Hatsworth

Attached: GOAT.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

Played Ghost Trick and Another Code
In the process of playing Ace Attorney Investigations, Spirit Tracks, Pokémon Rangers, and a bit of NSMB and SM64DS on the side
I put too much on my plate

Attached: afbc4325cf632278b177c8efc6b9b482.jpg (850x1200, 129K)

Ghost Trick
TWEWY

Both extremely good games

>got a 3ds three years ago
>only ended up playing rhythm games and monster hunter
I feel like I'm missing out but I have zero pull to play anything else

Postin the under appreciated soundtrack. I never would have learned about the game if it wasn't for this place. Late era DS threads were fantastic.

youtube.com/watch?v=7JFGZKU7xwE
youtube.com/watch?v=kL6ZuajQC3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=MuaOvgfUD1w

TWEWY
Ghost Trick
Elite Beat Agents
Rhythm Heaven
Ace Attorney
Hotel Dusk
Radiant Historia
The DS port of Chrono Trigger
Scribblenauts
Trauma Center
Bowser’s Inside Story

Attached: chilling neku.png (953x744, 644K)

>Scribblenauts
Aren't the sequels superior?

Haven’t played them yet.

won't believe it until I see someone playing Pokemon soul silver and finish it.

Pokemon is trash. Anyway the compatibility chart says SoulSilver has no issues.

does TWEWY work properly with the 3DS microphone? I remember Phoenix Wright having big issues here

Attached: PSZ.jpg (640x578, 160K)

I couldn't get into the others. Having adjectives was pretty cool, but it felt like the level design was inferior.

user playing TWEWY on the 3DS here, no issues with the microphone.

>so many ghost trick chads
pretty fucking great
Everyone here so far has basically godly tastes
Try Hotel Dusk: Room 215. The sequel doesn't work though. If not AP Patched it freezes and if AP Patched it freezes on boot. Also seconding , but you have to hold L on boot for hatsworth.
A real pleasure of mine is Fossil Fighters: Champions, but not everyone likes those games

Attached: 1548517823858.png (900x1422, 318K)

Does it work on an OG 3DS? I hacked mine a long while ago but never had the need to keep it up to date with whatever new version releases. Is it simple to install as well?

MHXX with english patch running on my 3DS at 60fps.

If you have luma it's pretty easy. Depends on what you hacked with.

Fossil fighters champions is that one game my buddies used to always play at the lunch table

Playing Infinite Space on my old 3DS atm. It works perfectly fine.

Yes and yes. The updater linked in the OP is idiot proof.

I tried Etrian Oddyssey 1 and it crashed every time I entered the shop.

Neat thanks

Were you using the USA version and did you set clock speed to NTR?

there's a lot of cool things you can do with the original. I remember making an entire level based around trying to get the objective before lightning struck a corpse with a lightning rod glued on it, since it would crash the game. Also if you glued a whole bunch of vents to each other, they would fly, so you had to chase down this monstrous flying machine before it flew offscreen and deleted itself.

Stupid question, but will the DS games have cheats preloaded like when I play it on drastic?

I think it was the US version of the ROM. What do you mean by clock speed?

friendly reminder that DS ROM loading was not worth waiting for

Did nin nuke all good rom sites?

Always always always check the compatibility guide BEFORE posting

romsmania, yw

Attached: 1546167978401.gif (360x246, 570K)

Not him but thanks dude, that's awesome.

Recently hacked my 3ds. Are there any hidden gems that the retarded youtubers don't talk about that I should play?

Noitu Love 2
Another World
Retro City Rampage

>20+ hours DQV save
>gets fucking corrupt
>it was a really good game
fuck

Oh shit, I didn't know about this. I'm hyped.

Is there any good reason to install it on my 3ds if I have acekard 2i?

If you want to sell your acekard for rent money

Attached: ds.jpg (1675x7154, 3.41M)

Attached: ds 2.jpg (1440x2641, 1.05M)

Is there one for 3ds?

Attached: 3DS.jpg (1497x5536, 3.44M)

thanks bro

Attached: BLACKGUY CHICKEN.jpg (480x360, 11K)

How brain dead is it to set this up. I have no qualms about hacking a dead console, but I make sure I can't screw it up.

3ds.hacks.guide/
just take it slow and read carefully. it's very simple.

Elite Beat Agents and Rhythm Heaven are the only masterpieces there are in the DS catalog. Play those!

Also, ignore the VN recs. Not even the first Ace Attorney with all its charisma is a good game (don't get me started on the others)

Is Ni no Kuni The Jet Black Mage working with TWiLight Menu++?

played fine with the 3ds mic. no issues at at all.

Is this for the anti piracy patches?

Just finished PMD Sky, enjoyed it a great deal. Made me long for some DQ, but idk which to play (or if I should just play something else instead.) Also, is it preferable to play on Desmume for the 2x filter or on TWiLight menu for the more classic experience?

Attached: 1564327128720.jpg (400x400, 15K)

Yes
Yes

>start up a DS game
>that sound compression
I had completely forgotten about how bad DS games actually sound, good lord.

Attached: 1519587415263 2.png (521x413, 181K)

So what games don't work with Twilight Menu? Last thread had people saying some shit didn't work with it.

If only there was a list of all the games and which ones didn't work

Couldn't find one on the github.

Thanks, based user.

Some of them are pretty good
youtube.com/watch?v=VHLKzQB7irk

LITERALLY read the thread first next time nigger

>not having an original R4 from 2008
pleb

What does the clock speed thing even mean? How do I change/fix that?

Just finished the story mode for the second time about 10 minutes ago. I wish they would do a sequel...

Attached: 2018-02-07.png (1555x1100, 1.98M)

You would have to be trying to fuck it up. The entire process is following simple instructions and dragging and dropping files.

I don't know why you'd want a filter in the first place. Anyway, play DQ5 if you're new to the series. Marry Debora.

Explore the settings menu bro

Nah, not new. Played DQI, III (favorite), VI, VII (least favorite), VIII, and IX.

Attached: 1565022762931.jpg (292x256, 49K)

Any good beat em ups?

So anything I'd need to know before trying to install this? Don't know shit about homebrewing and don't know if I'd need to try loading in another homebrew or some shit before I can put in twiloader.
Also reccomended size for an SD Card? Can a 4GB card work well enough or should I just go with a 32GB?

Ninja Gaiden I guess

(U) and English (E) translations are generally the same.

IV and V are worth playing. V is probably the most popular after III and now XI.

Attached: alena.jpg (1288x1800, 1.08M)

If you absolutely cannot stand seeing something like "color" over "colour" then you should try (E).

closest thing we got to an actual good PSO game.

>Partners in Time just fucking freezes after a certain point in the game and there's nothing you can do about it
Fucking wonderful

Follow 3ds.hacks.guide/ and once you're totally done installing the cfw, install the Twilight Menu in the OP.
For SD card, might as well go for 64GB so space is never an issue. Changing cards is as simple as copy pasting everything over.

>start playing rune factory 2
>look at calendar in the house before talking to npcs
>game crashes
lol.

>Attempt this, get to a part where I have to reset the 3DS while pressing start or some shit
>3DS doesn't turn on anymore
Epic, thanks

Well I'm just asking about the SD Card since I really only have access to a 4GB card and 32GB at the moment, no idea when I'll be able to grab a 64GB card.

Thanks for the help, user.

Attached: 1565321695737.png (460x488, 196K)

Unless you're gonna download literally half the entire DS's library of games, just use the 32 one.

>can a 4gb card work well

You will fill that shit with like 4-5 games
Use the 32gb

all the Pokemon games are perfectly compatible,even black and white 2,this method evolved a lot

Imagine being this sheltered.

They all just need AP patches, except Platinum for some reason

Where's a compatibility list?

Speaking of that, does anyone know of a website/database where I can browse GBA/DS/3DS games based on box art?

I know many sites have box art but you can't browse by it

So in theory, if I got this I could play the fan translation of Miles Edgeworth Investigations 2 on my 3ds?

Ctrl+f

Read the list

Moby games

Where is the list?

What's the best way to play? Original res or upscaled?

We're they doing the widescreen hack for ds games? I feel like soul silver would probably look neat

user, all you had to do was type in "Twilight menu compatibility list" into google and search for a bit.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LRTkXOUXraTMjg1eedz_f7b5jiuyMv2x6e_jY_nyHSc/edit#gid=0

Attached: 1565047725444.jpg (900x600, 87K)

I'm gonna hack my 3DS tonight bros, but I can't help being scared as fuck. I'll do my best to follow the guide to the dot and even read every step three or four times before doing anything.
Wish me luck.

The guide's simplistic as fuck, but good luck nonetheless. Enjoy your hacked 3DS.

Literally the easiest system to hack provided you read the instructions. Good luck.

Anybody successfully play Dragon Quest V? The compatibility list says it's fine but I get graphical glitches in the world map.

2nd easiest. PSP is just copy a file over and run it.

>the compaitiblity list say it's fine
No it doesn't

Yes it does. It only has this minor issue documented and says it works otherwise

Attached: 7666.jpg (942x129, 72K)

>"and screen tearing"
>graphical glitches in the world map
makes sense to me.

Ive always wanted to play Pokemon romhacks like Prism on my 3DS. Is it possible?

Literally unplayable.
Just emulate it on a computer or buy an actual copy.

Hmm, got to the bootstrap (fredtool) part of homebrew, a bit confused on some of the steps mainly due to needing to put a boot.3dsx into the root. Problem is there are two boot.3dsx files, one in Luma3DS and then The Homebrew Launcher's 3dsx file.

I think my Soul Silver was AP patched. I've had the rom since the CycloDS days. Just no original DS anymore. Should work right? Or do you gents think I'll need a new one?

Attached: 1471687684034.jpg (800x534, 65K)

the rom should be fine, and if anything goes wrong just get a new rom that's for sure patched

Listen, I know people will tell you to use the written guide, but if that's becoming not a viable option, use these.

youtu.be/68BosWlnlXI
youtu.be/BLyZbdWtQIs

These two use the same steps as the guides posted in this thread, so it's just a visual guide. Should help you see what to do where you got stuck.

Yeah. Prism is pretty boring though, but I suppose no more so than the other games.

oh i just installed this emu on my 3ds too
its pretty cool but im still not sure what games am i gonna play on it other than twewy and castlevanias

Pretty sure it is. CycloDS support stopped pretty abruptly and for quite a few I needed AP patches. Too bad because it was like the card to have for awhile.

Play Pokemon Adventures Red Chapter. Look up the New Super Ultimate Injector to make the file since it makes sure the RTC works properly

Yes, but it requires an updated version of TWPatch which is what you use to add custom filters for DS mode. When TWP does get updated it'll work.

Well I've made it all the way to the end up of the Flipnote Exploit via fredminer, only problem is b9sTool doesn't seem to load properly, I'm getting a white screen.

Sounds cool. Maybe I'll wait to test both out until then.
Really wish I had it all in front of me. I'm not much help but keep at it, reread everything a couple of times. I got stuck a few times because I would absentmindedly skip steps. Probably was just being tired since I did it at like 1 AM.

I think your 3ds is fucked now man. Sorry

You guys got any tips on how to get started?

Went on the discord, seems it's just an sd card error so I'm going through reformatting and then running a test on it

Well you'll need the patch file which is at 14.5 as well as a clean FireRed Squirrel rom. You're gonna need to patch the game first then open the injector I mentioned and. Follow the instructions to use the injector. I don't have it in front of me but it's pretty simple. You've installed GBA and other games before right?

After patching the roms it gave me files that are 1KB big, that's not right, is it?

Did it come up with a confirmation that it was finished? It takes it a little bit to actually do it's job. And until it's done the file is kinda small

Well yeah, it said it was done. I put in the rom, go to AP patch and then click the box on the right that exports the file, and they're all minuscule

idk what to tell ya... it just works on my end.
Try updating it maybe? I know I did that once before I went about patching a bunch of stuff.

Eh, never mind. I just decided to avoid a potential headache and opted to not using the games that needed patching. Not a big loss, it's all games I didn't really wanna play that badly.

Do the DS Fire Emblems work with this?

How do you play, anons? Upscaled or native resolution? Touchscreen on upscaled feels kinda weird for me. Like in Advance Wars DS, if you press somewhere not in the center of a tile it has a chance of interpreting it as you pressing on adjacent one instead.

Attached: wondering.png (260x255, 26K)

Does Ace Attorney Investigations 2 English work? I've been wanting to play it for a long time.

it's good