Just finished GZ

Just finished GZ.
I'm a fan of MGS but I think TFP will disappoint me and also I don't think I'm in the mood for a long open world game.
Should I give it a chance? How long will a main quest run take me?

Attached: metal-gear-solid-v-5-phantom-pain-code-via-email.jpg (1528x2156, 520K)

MGSV has maybe 3 "story" missions similar to GZ and the rest are fun, well designed missions with a lot of replayability.

You'll thing "These story missions are great! Every mission should be like this!" but end up re-playing those the least. The gameplay focused missions are supreme fun.

Basically, it's a game this time. Not a movie.

Sure give it a chance. I liked it alot, its a long game.

You messed up.

The complete MGSV experience is this:
>Play TPP Prologue Awakening and first mission of Chapter 1
>when Kaz talks about 9 years ago and a flash back starts, you switch to GZ and experience everything story related, including tapes
>after that you complete Chapter 1, listen to the tapes when they become available and try to pay attention to the story in the important missions; also if you want the game to be harder turn off all the wallhacks and marker shit + HUD
>when you get to Chapter 2 you should only complete missions marked with a yellow dot, the others are repeats that are not needed for progression
>to unlock new main missions in Chapter 2, you play two side missions
>visit the Medical Bay and start a side activity with a certain character
>after Shining Lights even in Death (Mission 43), a robot will escape your base. Go on youtube and watch the Kingdom of the Flies cutscenes
>After that continue and finish the game with Mission 46

Have fun

A main quest run would take about 2 hrs if not for the Ubishit grinding and repeat missions.

It's the best gameplay in the series, it's genuinely deep and intuitive and you'll sink tons of playtime in it.

The story is meh/unsatisfactory plot wise, but there's tons of fan service character moments and shit like that.

>it's a game this time. Not a movie.

It took guts to say it but you're right

Attached: 1237181442863.jpg (843x603, 37K)

What guts? It's literally true. That's why MGS fans hate it. Because they like a movie, not a game.

>TFP

Attached: 1516570831149.gif (500x281, 2.39M)

blue skies make this game beautiful
so why is it ALWAYS fucking cloudy

Attached: 20190809210506_1.jpg (2560x1440, 899K)

OP here
brb. killing myself

Kill yourself

Based

it has the best gameplay of all the games.

give it a chance
just do side missions for the translators or if they are on your way when going somewhere

I never bothered with mods, but I read here that infinite heaven really enhances the game

>TFP
kill yourself after you finish blogposting

This took guts to say, son. Real guts. I'm so proud of you. We are all so very proud of (you). Truly humbled by your wisdom and insight.

Attached: 1552161357698.jpg (259x195, 5K)

>The Fantom Pain
what did kerjumble mean by this?

>it has the best gameplay of all the games.
4 takes the edge on that one. It's mechanically much more interesting to play. Also V's sound design fucking sucked.

Actually pretty fucking good.

Well done. Is this pasta? It should be.

Attached: 1558308517818.png (652x1223, 802K)

4 plays like shit. It's clunky as fuck, the shooting is fucked (thanks, Dualshock 3), octocamo is retarded.

imagine being this retarded

Imagine being this much of a nostalgia faggot.
Not to mention that there's a grand total of 3 hours of actual gameplay in 4.

not true. the story is bad, the gameplay is underutilized, the open world is garbage, online sucks. the whole game leaves you feeling empty. cutscene length doesnt matter, snake still wouldve stood there staring at kaz while he spoke about killing cipher and not actually trying to do that.

>nostalgia is ps3

imagine actually being this retarded

I liked the part where every main mission has its own stupid fucking credits sequence (often spoiling story events with it) and being forced to replay the prologue section which doubled as the finale.

>I don't think I'm in the mood for a long open world game.
might want to hold off then
the game is good, but if you're not in the mood for it could become a slog

>repeat missions.
I really don't understand why people keep lying about this?
You don't have to repeat a single mission in order to unlock the final few missions. Not a SINGLE one.

don't forget how if you want to know the details of the story you get to sit back and listen to a ton of tapes. I mean who needs a movie when you have a radio?

Someone who was 8 years old when MGS4 came out would be 19 now

Maybe it was patched out, but you definitely had to do that in order to progress the story at time of release. I can imagine not many people wanting to replay the game since then.

Which is really baffling because they streamlined the codec so hard since 4 that they could've doled out the information much less annoyingly. That tape shit was a god awful way to tell the story.

4 and V both have excellent gameplay

but V probably plays better than any other game ever made, alongside DMCV

what about the entire hospital sequence

>DMCV
>V

Attached: 562.jpg (600x600, 37K)

Infinite Heaven mod improves gameplay but yeah it's pretty damn shit. GZ was a masterpiece compared to it, not even kidding.

Attached: 3IwWFnU.jpg (1600x1798, 405K)

Subsistence mode is amazing for a second playthrough and you should download IH for that alone. It should've been a proper mutator option, not restricted to two specific story missions

IH doesn't really make the game any better for replies because by that point you know how shit the game is so it's just not fun no matter what you do to it.

>Maybe it was patched out, but you definitely had to do that in order to progress the story at time of release. I can imagine not many people wanting to replay the game since then
No you didn't, it was side ops. I beat the game like 2 days after release and purposely skipped all the repeatable missions.

>you definitely had to do that in order to progress the story at time of release.
no you didn't