Richter: "You steal men's souls and make them your slaves!"

>Richter: "You steal men's souls and make them your slaves!"
>Dracula: "Perhaps the same could be said of all religions."

What the fuck did this exchange even mean when Christianity in Castlevania gives people the power to protect themselves from demons at no cost?

Attached: Dracula.jpg (300x382, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DWUduc1wH48
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's coming from a bad guy, who finds himself at the other end of the power that Christianity grants. You're not supposed to take him seriously.

Why do you Christweenies have such persecution complexes?

>Why do you Christweenies have such persecution complexes?
They're mimicking their masters

I'm not a Christian and am not religious. I just have a personal relationship with Christ as my Savior. But disregarding all that, my aim was not to sound persecuted, but was just wondering what Dracula meant at face value.

Well, he's not wrong. You are willingly a slave to God. That's not a bad thing.

Because he's furious at God for not saving his wife from being burned as a witch when he was still his follower. Of course he's going to hate religions with a passion.

social commentary that makes sense out-of-context but not in-context

yeah it's kinda stupid

I think he's saying religions also trick people into serving them in exchange of immortal life or power.

But here's a question. What is a Ma-

Attached: i wanna be the guy gamer over.png (800x191, 11K)

Its a bad translation. Listen to the dialogue in the PSP version: youtube.com/watch?v=DWUduc1wH48

It is a fictional universe, but in the year that dracula exists in the game, christianity had been about power for a lot of years. And there had been other religions too, which where always, in some way, about power over people.

>I'm not a Christian and am not religious.
>I just have a personal relationship with Christ as my Savior.

Attached: 1551288276267.jpg (540x405, 32K)

God killed Drac's waifu twice. I'd be pretty fucking salty on religion if God did that to me while I was out there slaying people in the name of God.

It does make sense in the context of the game.

Attached: 1518914976764.png (374x376, 221K)

Not entirely accurate, a man is a servant of God, with the free will of following him or not. Religions are the ones that during centuries brainwashed people claiming it as in the name of God in order to remain as the biggest and wealthiest power in the world.

What? It actually makes sense in that version

>a man is a servant of God, with the free will of following him or not.
So much for free will when God damns you to eternity into hell and eventual nonexistence if you don't follow him.

Not that user but you have the free will to choose Hell, user.
If you aren't a Christian now then you're exercising your free will knowing you're going to Hell.

>Not that user but you have the free will to choose Hell, user.
That's not free will user, it's called moral blackmail.

>I'm not a Christian I'm only a Christian

Not him, but that's a pretty shitty and scummy deal. ''Serve me for eternity, or suffer for eternity. Don't mind that I created everything, and that I could give you more options.'' The god of the bible is as proud, mad, and extremist as king of old. That's the biggest flaw for me. An omniscient God that acts like a human.

Not really. God is the good, the way, the light. Without him there is no moral good so by not choosing him you're choosing everything bad.
It's sorta hardcored into Christianity that God is by definition the "good"
It's harder to understand in the age of secular the mentality Christians used to justify it but it makes sense if you put yourselves in their shoes and realize that their sense of right and wrong is based around the presumption that God is the only good

By that logic you lack free will because the laws of nature don't give you the choice of not eating food.

Why didn't you quote it? It's a pain in the ass to seek to a point in a 4-hour video.

>Richter: Tribute? You're a thief. You steal men's souls, their freedom...
> Dracula: Freedom is always sacrificed to faith, good hunter. Or are you truly here by choice?

Romans 9:19-21

"One of you will say to me: “Then why does God still blame us? For who is able to resist his will?” But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’” Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?"

God's word IS LAW by virtue of Him being the Creator. He says we have free will so we have it. He says we deserve our punishment so it is justice. There is no amount of whining and excuses us humans can make that excuses us from our sins as determined by God and to think otherwise is hubris on the highest level.

You don't need more options if following God is the best/right option.
The only dick move he did was giving us the ability to not worship him.
You also don't serve God for eternity, you walk beside him once all this living on Earth is done. It's like how people who play SMT don't understand that the reason the Law Path works is because everyone is on the same page and willingly (of their own free will) praises God to create a better society.

If you read 1 Thessalonians and Ephesians, you see what the core of following Christ means in life. You can do these things without ascribing to the religion of Christianity, which is either the European wash of Roman Catholic/Protestant or the Orthodox Catholic, which are systematized dogmas with extraneous practices, traditions, and beliefs that are, frankly, unnecessary.

Christians are so easily fucking triggered that even when the LORD OF FUCKING HELL says something bad about church they get asshurt

What if God were actually an extremely ancient human who found a way to ascend to such a level of power and omnipotence and decided to create his own universe and install himself as its God?

Thanks for quoting it user, i didn't want to watch all that. It sounds better.

He's being a petty bitch trying to elevate himself with false equivalency.

Bro I’m pretty sure that makes you Christian

Christfags out.

Japan does not understand Christianity, at all its as exotic to them as Shinto is to us. They don’t really care if they’re being accurate with their portrayal of western religion.

>”You’re not a slave, you have the free will to choose to be whipped”

[GLASS HIM]

Atheists out

Yes. Are you implying you don't? You know you can choose not to get whipped right?

>Not really.
Yes, really
>Here dude, be a good goy and follow my orders because everything I say is right and you can't question me because I said so
>Otherwise you're free to choose eternal torment, it's that simple
That ain't free will in any capacity, it's literally taking people as hostages and pretending they have a choice.
It's like I held you at gunpoint and said that if you don't do what I order you you're totally free to get yourself killed.
False equivalence, basic physiological and natural needs aren't part of morality in any way, shape or form.

>If you read 1 Thessalonians and Ephesians
Doesn't matter how you read it, your official doctrine is very clear on this, you're christian.
I can write essays on the Ecclesiastes being intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humour and I'd still not have a say on the official doctrine.

Bruh

>Playing SOTN
>This translation
Truly a script written by Google Translate

Attached: allsmiles.jpg (480x360, 21K)

What did Bowser mean by pic related?

Attached: 42545694-D4E2-4E9E-8767-DE643E490DC3.jpg (1494x1113, 189K)

You're under the presumption God is fallible and capable of being wrong.
Christians don't presume God is flawed so they don't need to question him, they know the right answer is to follow God to get into Heaven and live an eternal life.
Your responses to my questions show that you can't actually put yourself in their shoes to understand their mentality of why the option is such an easy one to make.

As to the gun example. You still have free will even at gunpoint. If you think your actions become justified because someone has you at gunpoint then you're wrong.
Just because a decision is hard or unfair doesn't mean you get to be like "He had a gun to me, I had to do (thing that I didn't want to do)"
In most cases it's understandable why you'd work to preserve your own life but you still exercised free will in choosing that option.

Lets use an extreme example to show my point. Is it alright to kill children if someone has a gun to you and tells you to kill them or else you'll get shot?
This is a situation where your life is threatened but you still have the free will to chose, it's not a fair situation but it's still one.

So God is a madman with a gun to your soul saying "worship me or else". Sounds really fucking benevolent.

>You're under the presumption God is fallible and capable of being wrong.
So you reinforce my point even further.
>Is it alright to kill children if someone has a gun to you and tells you to kill them or else you'll get shot?
Bad example to make given how in the old testament Abraham had to do the same thing and it was literally a textbook example of moral blackmail and submission to your master followed by a very convenient "It was all a joke bruh, look at the camera!" after Abraham caved in because he knew he didn't have a choice but to follow God's will.

Lot and his family also had the free will to look at how God nuked Sodom and Gomorrah, at the cost of their lives, and guess what? Lot's wife didn't have much fun doing it, nevermind God very conveniently looking at the other side while Lot fucked his daughters raw and knocked them up, for which he should have nuked him just like he did a few hours before with two cities.

Your entire religion is entirely based on hypocrisy and slavery, I'm sorry you try to spin it in some really elegant but ineffective way, but Drac is right, religions are all about slavery to the gods, there's very little free will to have, especially in monotheistic religions, at least polytheism DOES give you a choice on who to follow.

I mean logically he could have not given humans a choice. In any situation there is always an optimal path and it's for you to take it.

Oh you think I'm Christian. Well this is awkward.

Attached: Castlevania - Symphony of the Night-190730-232631.png (1440x1080, 513K)

Wait, so you're not even a christian and yet you come up with such stupid half assed arguments?
What's wrong with you?

>german rastafarians

That's not a correct translation either, it's a blend of the japanese and PS1 translations. In the japanese version Dracula basically claims that might makes right, and then Richter replies with a non-sequitur about humanity's good nature. Honestly the english version has better writing than the original.

Your trying to moralize me as if I'm a Christian by pointing out the flaws in a system in which a person cannot verify the omni- aspects of God.
I'm here explaining that Christians take certain things as fact like "God being the all-good" and "Hell being the absence of God" as the basis for which their belief system allows them to use their god-given free will to pick the right option within the scope they understand it.
We've actually been arguing around eachother this entire time. I was wondering why you were trying to point out the Godly contradictions.

the mon, the

>I mean logically he could have not given humans a choice
Woah, the Christian perspective is that God can do literally anything whenever he wants. Anything he doesn't do is his choice.

>I'm here explaining that Christians take certain things as fact
You think people are a dumb or young enough to not have long realized this?
Shit dude, next you're going to tell me that Todd Howard is a compulsive liar or something.

>not really religious
>hear about the mental health benefits of prayer
>start praying and asking how I can help others and myself
>hard to imagine a being of eternal good guiding me but I do my best
>a few months in
>suddenly realize I have better self confidence, better relationship with my family, lots of new job opportunities and in general things are looking up
might be a coincidence might not

The issue is that quite obviously you misunderstood because you somehow gathered I was Christian when I always referred to them in the third person so I'm not holding out hope that you're the biggest of bulbs.
I also suspect Christians understand the contradictions within their own bible and internally justify it in their own way so you trying to logicbomb them isn't going to work.
In your own words "You think people are a dumb or young enough to not have long realized this?'.

>"I thought glassing someone meant to pour them a drink!"

Based Christchad

not exactly. Christians the outer layers of hell are simply the absence of God. so a good person who does not to worship god will get eternal life. which makes sense, if you choose to be without god in life why would you want to be with god in death? i sort of imagine it as a room with beanbags where you can smoke weed and play vidya forever.

Dracula was deflecting. He spends the entire conversation deflecting what is said to him until he gets sick of Richter's shit and not just fighting like he came for.

Don't try to play coy with me, I don't care to logicbomb anyone either way as long as we all respect each other's space, your supposed explanation is both pointless and flawed, why did you even bother playing the theologue when the truth about this whole inconsistency is apparently obvious even to you?
I'll give you the benefit of doubt and assume you've been an idiot in good faith butting in an argument with no clue and leave it at this, just don't repeat the same mistake.
>Christians the outer layers of hell are simply the absence of God. so a good person who does not to worship god will get eternal life.
That's not how it works and you know it, it's either heaven or hell.
Not like it matters since the church decides to retcon shit every few centuries or so, but the official statements in the doctrine are very clear, good or not, if you don't follow god you go to hell, you might even be Jesus 2.0, as long as you're even just not baptized, you go straight to hell no matter what.

exactly what I wanted to say
he's a psued trying to pull a fast one
but in fairness richter should also kill the church

why are you telling him what he believes user? surely he knows what he believes best

I dunno, maybe because being Christian anywhere other than the western world is essentially a death sentence? Or how about the historical persecution of Christians under the Romans?

That's in reference to Dante's Inferno. Believe it or not, Dante was not considered to be a prophet, and his vision of hell is based in nothing but his own imagination.