Mario maker 2 level sharing thread

mario maker 2 level sharing thread

Attached: costume6.png (350x338, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=95HuSMQSUVo&list=PLCAKOz0OX3_PMfgFMdz3M_2r0dY7zth7x&index=11
vimeo.com/351904151
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

LM6-TM7-VKF

Attached: 1526757443113.jpg (768x1024, 79K)

Finished this one up today:

>DKC2: Klobber Karnage
>9WF-TF4-8KG

I'm a fan of Donkey Kong Country so I remade Klobber Karnage as best I could. Unfortunately the ending barrel section had to be cut short because it's so fucking long in the original, and another barrel section had to be condensed. Creating enemies that functioned as closely to the Kabooms and types of Klobbers was a fun challenge.

After a long time I finished my first ghost house. I ran out of doors to pull some stunts that I'd love but I feel that the result is acceptable enough
>Booigi's Mansion
K14-X1V-1LG
Have a Boris for your troubles

Attached: arQ4NxDm_700w_0.jpg (700x760, 66K)

I'm thinking of ways to make it clear to people that I want them to ground pound cancel to stall in the air.

I guess I'll make an up and down track thing

>Top 3 Liked
>SMASHED! 1-1
9TF-VFL-BTG
>Red Coins in Snowy Fields
TT1-GFN-B9G
>Koopa the Quick
RXT-FWC-TRG

>Reccently released
>The 3 Paths
W4H-DXJ-17G
>Slip and Slide Away!
34P-SS5-N4G
>SMASHED! 2-2
H67-XKC-HRF

I'll get to playing some of your levels in a minute.

>can do my course without even dying once
Good sign that it is still too easy

>Good sign that it is still too easy
Till you see its only got 2% success rate

I want under 0.5%

They should raise the enemy and gizmo limit which you can place down

Where is everyone anyway?
Don't tell me people went back to Smash or something

They definetively should. And if they could add a third screen it'd be great

Also, why can't the main area be vertical too?
Because of goal post issues?

Probably. I don't see another reason

Yoshi Dispenser 2: Yoshi Buyland

YFM-SQY-8XG

It has a two part structure with an optional hard route.

Attached: 6626B5A5-2806-478A-9AB8-0780FCC4A192.jpg (1280x720, 147K)

If you could add just 1 new theme to the game (such as desert, snow, forest etc.) - which one would you go for and what would happen in the night version?

RB7-22L-17G

Super Piranha Temple

I put my heart and soul into this, trying to make it as goodlooking as possible, fun to play and also fair. Give it a shot Yea Forumsros and let me know what you think

Mountain, just for the visual difference - Night version could have heavier gravity

Beach - Night version would have waves that oscillate across the screen

Volcano - Night version would have either lava waves or a cloud of pyroclastic flow that chases you, like that level from NSMBU

Though honestly, I'd rather they let us had liquid on any theme. There's already a precedence of water existing outside of sea themes.

Bit Crusade 3 is the "game" I'm currently creating within Mario Maker 2, utilizing all of the games current styles. My courses play like traditional Mario stages, with level theming, hidden goodies, and scaling difficulty. Every stage has 5 red coins hidden within that unlock an optional ultra bonus room at the end of each level.

Starting Stage:
1-1: Start of a New Journey V61-WT5-DPG
Introduction course, meant to ease newcomers into the game and teach them the basics.

Current Stage
4-3: SnakeVine Swamplands 958-Q6G-3BG
After breaching the waters surface, Mario finds himself in an overgrown marsh. Unleash your inner Tarzan and use swinging vines to dodge the hungry local wildlife.

Alternative level theme/dev music: youtube.com/watch?v=95HuSMQSUVo&list=PLCAKOz0OX3_PMfgFMdz3M_2r0dY7zth7x&index=11

Feedback is appreciated and returned, I like to make webms of other anons levels in addition to leaving comments and crappy doodles

Attached: AD69E74E-D570-4E7A-AE14-69EC1D0775FC.png (260x194, 112K)

Good stuff user, looks very nice with all the semisolids and plants everywhere and stuff. I'm awful at vine jumps so I actually found it a bit challenging. Had a good time!

Hey thanks for taking the significant chunk of time needed to beat Tripolar Scroller. I happily played/liked all your levels because they're pretty fucking good.

...Okay fine I didn't bother beating one swimming level but still.

Also for those who want to beat my stage so I can play/like all their stuff: VSW-MT3-60H

Attached: RWW7Yp-LqmstdEIv(2).webm (640x360, 1.79M)

Did you ever change anything about the checkpoint position in that upside down wiggler level?
The first cp felt pointless given that it was 5 meters after the start.

Cheers brew, I tried to keep it easy because in SMM1 even the levels I considered slightly hard got like a 1% clearrate so don't hold it against me ;_;

Happy Friday everybody - I just got my new one I put out this week here. Interested to see what new stuff people will roll out over the weekend.

>Blue Sky Racer!
RBY-7H0-LHG

I'd add beach too, just to allow more variety in water use. No clue on Night version, maybe add 'tides' in the form of underwater wind?

Attached: Blue Sky Racer!.jpg (1280x720, 189K)

Oh no not at all. You could probably have a flat level with just 3 goombas in it and it would sink under 80% or something.

Some of my levels I started with the intention of having a 50%+ level and it ended up being like 15%... I don't know either, it's pretty hard. I think there's a lot of people who don't even use the run button. Like, ever.

It's supposed to be a dickish stage to begin with, my smartass "solution" to people complaining in the previous levels about constantly falling DOWN into a pit and not having checkpoints. Apparently it's just a little harder than I anticipated.

When I do another Scroller I may put a legit checkpoint right at the middle point. And make the level twice as hard to compensate. But until then I need to churn out some baby levels that won't get insta-boo'd out of rotation.

Im doing my own Game currently.

World 1 (SMB)
1-1 Goomba Hills PYM 19H QPG
1-2 Sun Temple YYK TPY FHG
1-3 Icicle Cavern KWY 8GF 3PF
1-4 Boom Booms Fortress RNG FPT STF
1-5 Drybone Castle TTG Q62 Y9G

World 2 (SMB3)
2-1 Chain Chomp Playground 7N0 QXN LQG
2-2 Forsaken Oil Rig C07 K7W 5FG
2-3 Desert Pipeline P51 8NG DNF
2-4 Boom Booms Air Ship ML4 VGT 5SG
2-5 Flooded Castle P9T PT8 LCG

World 3 (SMW) 60% finished
World 4 (NSMB) 0% finished
World 5 (3D World) 20% finished
World 6 (All Styles) 0% finished

>The 3 Paths
FH0-JNT-VTG
Thanks to the user for that major flaw. Should be good now

Hi guys, working on a new level. I try my best, but don't have any motivation at the moment. Hope you still have fun with the game.

Attached: MarioMaker22.png (1284x772, 38K)

You've made so many levels already man, it's impressive as is that you still have such cool ideas!

Fun vibe to the course but I found the muncher part a bit too frustrating sorry.

I still have some ideas, but most of them don't work properly. Anyway, will try to put some more levels out. Thanks!

played and commented. Kinda tough but i had a laugh with boom boom

So far I kinda like your levels, one thing that kinda bothers me is the sometimes huge rooms where you can't really see where you're going or what's below you ;_;

Any theme you haven't made a level in yet? Maybe a night theme?

Thank you. Every level needs a good boss "fight".

My grand dad told me this at my wedding. He said "son, no matter what happens, make sure to put a giant meowser with an infinite supply of fire flowers at the end of your mario maker stage"

I find some night themes anoying. Maybe I will try to make something with the snow night theme. Also wanted to make a SMW castle level but I hate how far away the background looks. Semi solid platforms don't look good with that.

That's an advice we all should follow.

Snow night level where you go ice fishing on frozen lakes. Sub area is the ~3 times you dive down into the holes in the ice and you use underwater night for those.

Free idea, don't have to pay me royalties!

If they aren't going to allow water/lava to be added to any theme, then I'd go for beach too. If they did allow it, then I feel that desert + water would suffice for a beach and would go for an industrial/clockwork theme instead.
Night time industrial/clockwork could make the enemies start off asleep and only wake up if you are too noisy near them.

I liked Boom Boom's Pain Train, it looked great
Give my Piranha Temple a go if you're up: RB7-22L-17G

Funny that you had that idea. I wanted to make an frozen lake level with the forest theme. But it needs to look good. If it looks good, I can make a level out of it. Enemies is the last stuff i put into my stages. Decoration allways first.

>laughing at how nuts some of the parts of this level are
>keep reminding myself I have to clearcheck it without any checkpoints

Arix dude you are the 2nd world wide on weekly maker point top list

What the fuck? Which of his stages exploded?

one of us made it big

Well we also have Tanooki Guy

Attached: 874tz.jpg (672x589, 96K)

Holy shit

>tfw creatively bankrupt

Just make a basic ass sliding level where you buttslide some goombas and occasionally jump
Always fun

>its actually true

we should boost him to first, not that many points missing

Play my level and get some crazyass ideas Yea Forumsro, RB7-22L-17G

>when you just found out they did a mario maker bookmark site for the first one
I hope they make one for the 2nd one. Hopefully its with +pirave mp update they promised

well I played it and it was good but it didn't solve my 'makers block'

Just make levels based on your favorite nonmario games. You can come up with pretty interesting ideas to translate it

I hope they do one for 2 too, it was handy as fuck and helped the SMM1 threads survive a lot longer than they would have without them

>tfw have a level 90% complete
>tested thoroughly for all the sections, basically just the finale to finish up
>play through it
>think about it
>realize the main mechanic just doesn't work right and can be cheesed hard
>start all over from the beginning
worst part is I haven't released a level in a while and was supposed to release one today.

>PML-M19-DNG

New level, mario is forced to stay in an uncomfortable position during the level. You have to button mash a little bit.

In my headcanon I pictured bowser making mario stay in crouch position as some weird fetish shit. Maybe someone will appreciate it.

dont make a long as fuck level for one mechanic. Depending if youre making Kaizo Hard Balls to Orbit level just build around the cheese and make it a shortcut. Its what I do. Normies wont know of the cheese and will play it normally anyways.

>supposed to
Why, are you on a schedule for maximum maker score gain on the weekend?

M87-05N-QCG

Storm Galoomba Island, liberate Goombuds, secure territory

5W6-RNF-RVF

A pleasant hike up a snowy mountain and totally not rage bait.

Attached: 1547344461880.png (298x253, 79K)

it wasn't long, just involved some parts that were hard to choreograph
no, like I said the level was nearly done. I was pretty much ready to post it

Cargo Ship Calamity
>WG8-SR7-PTF

In this level, you ride an actual moving ship through the jungle. It crosses several islands along the way, each with a POW somewhere on it. You must find the POW and stow it aboard the ship, but be quick, or you'll get left behind! There's also a hidden red coin on each island which you'll need if you want the bonus.

Here's a video: vimeo.com/351904151

Attached: 2019080315423400-BF19FBEA37724338D87F26F17A3B97B2.jpg (1280x720, 303K)

dropping my stages to bump the thread hope it will be alive tomorrow

Palace of Fire and Ice: RG9-669-B5G
The Floating Isle: HLW-WPP-LFG
Lumber Tower: N7X-9BX-YKF
Bone Voyage: RW5-5D0-DTG
Desert Quest: YJG-9X6-BRF
Ants and the Temple of Plants: B5F-TGN-Q7G

Attached: Palace of Fire and Ice.jpg (680x383, 88K)

Thank you to whoever Zankioh is. You are pretty based and your levels are cool.

Completed and enjoyed both my dude.
You met the wrong guy if you think your ice blocks in the air would cause me any problems! Left you a decent WR on that

Absolutely exhausting day at work. I'll post my levels and spread likes to whoever plays them, but there may be a delay if I fall asleep.

I have eleven stages. Here are four:

Soles of the Departed
C80-VJX-WJG
The first of a trilogy with goomba shoes in perilous situations.

Defeat the Fleet
8D1-MTQ-HJG
Airship night level with bombs and a (hopefully) fun albeit fairly easy Bowser fight.

Desert Station Infiltration
NM8-80Q-LTG
Intruder alert! Fight to survive! Can you take down the mothership?

30m Challenge (Newest)
Y7L-35L-RBG
Give yourself just 30m to make a level. Rough edges, but try a speedrun!

Thanks a lot man, you really did demolish that Hike level lol. You're pretty good.

Your levels are cool too, I'm gonna play some of yours.

Thanks again.

>tfw tried to get WR back on 30m challenge but it's literally as optimized as can be right now afaik
I got the same time as the current WR down to the millisecond thrice now, don't see where I could shave off a frame more

PROTIP: it’s even funnier when you play as Luigi

Man, I'm just pleased that my clear check time was close to the record. I half expected someone to somehow shave off nearly all of it and clear it in two seconds or some crazy shit.

Also, where did all the regulars go? The ones that crazy dude said were in a cabal? These threads don't hit the bump limit now. It's sad.

Hey that's a really good idea about the noise thing, is that already a mechanic somewhere?

Do you guys make levels handheld or docked?
Also, got to 100 in endless today in normal, feelsgoodman

not gonna talk about my expert high score because it's shamefu

Well it's a level in which you can be at max speed like 99% of the time, those tend to have the WR wars be down to the tenths of a second if not less. I really enjoyed it though. For 30 mins that's especially cool, even has multiple paths you can take and all, flows well.

Most games lose some of their playerbase after a few weeks. Some might also be occupied with Fire Emblem, Smash again, or DQ Builders or who knows what. I'm sure it'll be more lively again once the first big patch drops, which hopefully will be soon.

Nice idea that is well executed and fun to play! The bonus room was a nice surprise. Drew you a pirate mushroom

most of the regulars are still around.

>Also, where did all the regulars go?
They got bored of the game and went back to being a regular user.

that bitch is number one now lol

It's happened a few times in the Mario series. Most of the time it tends to be limited to piranha plants and chain chomps though.

Man this really makes me wish you could force one of the 4 characters into the levels, would have been great

Well I see how he did it. Pretty clever I guess. He made a ton of levels but waited with uploading them all. Just between August 3rd and 5th he uploaded 8 stages total.

>tfw one of the levels you made and actually really like and think is solid has gotten 1 like in the last like 30 times it was played
No... everyone else is wrong, not me.

His later levels have bad amount of plays. Looks like his 1-1 level blew up big though.

>his first 3 stages are all on popular right now

Attached: 1564983363171.jpg (681x594, 358K)

Don't worry I honestly think it's the effect of endless skips. People give up too fast. Post your level ID so we can give it a try.

Peepa Parole
3LQ-TQW-C1H
Used some unconventional elements here, tell me how it turned out

Attached: 80E47DFD-7B4B-4113-AE1F-E1FDB5F5268E.png (208x385, 193K)

How can you see that?

>tfw the only likes you get are pity likes from anons here
:(

>it's a kazio level
>it's a "blocks on the tracks make a ship or a tank" level
>it's a 20 sec "just hold right bro" level
>it's a red coin challenge level
just end it all

>go to popular
>scroll down

What's wrong with red coin challenge rooms?

Honestly having some cheese possibility is not the end of the world. Put common sense blocks in where you can and most players will never even think to try it.

I'm guilty of this too sometimes. Endless is just too harsh with the lives that playing an uncommonly challenging course can end your run quickly... it creates less than ideal incentives for Boo/Liking.

gay and overdone

Also checked out your Pipe stage. It's a really nice red coin/vania stage! Dropped a follow

I play lots of expert and some super expert and desu if a level doesn't try to instaskill me at the start with thwomps or some bullshit, if it isn't a perfectly timed speedrun and if it isn't a troll level I'm already happy

ONE OF US ONE OF US

Not really, it's pretty based because you get multiple small piecemeal bites. Like a collection.

But hey I'm sure I dislike something you like too so whatever.

It seemed solid. I tend to have bias against 3D world levels but you picked and used appropiate elements accordingly. Left you a shitty drawing.

I don't mind the cool ones but the ones I've seen lately are

>red coins but they're literally just there
>no challenge whatsoever

There's literally no point to it.

Or ones where it's just an excuse to make a shitty incoherent level.

Try milly's eye of the tetzuaquotlcan or whatever it was called if you want a hard one

ID?

Just looked it up for you
MNM-KNV-CFF

Attached: Kingtotometsu.png (99x72, 952)

**NEW LEVEL**
>Ice-Cold Mountain Climb
K33-3WW-9FG
Another traditional level except this one is mostly vertical and twice the size of the last level. Even more secrets.

Old levels:
>Dancing Desert Flowers
PCB-1K7-KLG
Traditional level with a buttload of secrets.

>Red-Hot Castle Rush
LJ1-75M-Y7G
Kind of a speedrun level, but not really.

Feedback is always appreciated.

Attached: Ice-Cold Mountain Climb.webm (640x360, 2.83M)

Thank you user, I appreciate it.

If you want to drop me a level I'll play it too.

But he isn't. I haven't seen him for ages.

I like NSMBU because the movement of Mario is great in it

First level I made, didn't get many plays when I uploaded it but would love some feedback.

SJ5-6RF-31H

I really hope we get an update to the Switch Online phone application. That is my number one hope.

Nice icey dungeon. I remember when you were looking for ideas to make it.

I really do not want to use my nintendo app for anything ever

Play my based as fuck level instead then
RB7-22L-17G

RXG-FJ4-Y8G Multitasking at Work

Level that takes place in one room where you have to multitask to finish the objective before time runs out.

Attached: mario does scary dive.jpg (680x383, 23K)

The queue thing like for Smash stages would be great, my man.

Thanks. I still wound up leaving like 60% of the vertical section empty. Its way different from designing stuff horizontally as far as how densely you can pack things.

>die once or twice
>quit the level and never play it again

it's hard being so based

Most clever thing ive seen in a while. Loved killing those fuckers

Unironically based, people who gets suckered into playing bullshit troll levels for an hour are retarded.

I meant normal levels

Attached: basedANDcute.jpg (600x600, 33K)

What are your most favorite Mario levels of all time? Not in Mario Maker, just in general.

Attached: f554a7a3f5f3347f30af877dc4057e2a.png (1200x1000, 806K)

Thank you both very much! I've been on a bit of a trip with Chain Chomp stumps lately; they're probably my favorite object. If only you could place them outright with no chomp!

that one that was the level in the that game which you were on at the gaming level which was on the last upload

what the fuck am I reading?

Attached: 1521308441239.jpg (487x397, 54K)

The Goomba Boot level and Parabeetle level from SMB3, for sure. World 5 in that game had some of the best levels.

ummmm, based

>FUK-Y0U-N1G

Help Mario get his Yoshi back

liked commented and subscribed bazinga

This better have some kino moment near the end where they separate again or i will boo it

J62-0LS-XKF

I made a level about Galoombas taking over a castle. Hard to make them a threat, so I made it so they're riding all the enemies, as if they're mounts. Level's super easy and you'd have to be a huge loser to die more than five times.

The clear rate it's at still confuses me.

Attached: xy1hBVw[1].jpg (680x507, 72K)

>every level where you might die once or twice is a "bullshit troll level"

Attached: 1357312193489.png (451x387, 156K)

Name one level from a real Mario game that will kill a reasonably skilled player more than once.

I'll play it but if I die more than 2 or 3 times because some bullshit galoomba came out of nowhere I'm booing the shit out of this level and reporting your account to nintendo for abuse.

They spill out of pipes because you need them to fight, if you die from those I'm laughing at you.

I made a level out of 100% Goombrats before that was so hard I had to take it down forever.

Attached: 1546702681084.png (408x327, 144K)

SM3DW Champion Road

Kid's almost asleep. Hope you've got some good stuff tonight, Yea Forums.

No.

good argument

its not hard, what can i say?

All good man, put me through my paces lol but with practice it’s not really too bad aside from the muncher part. Thanks for taking the time to play most of my stages I’m glad you like what you played. Which swimming level you skip? You talking about 4-2?

It’s something I try to avoid now, but probably more prevalent with the earlier ones since I was still shaking the rust off then. I don’t think there’s any intentionally lethal leaps of faith if at all though or at least none that aren’t telegraphed by coins. Cool that you don’t totally hate em though.

Eyyyy glad ya dug it. I passed out for a bit but I can give your level a try no prob dood.

I cruised through all of these earlier and thought they were all dope. Seriously I don’t think I really had anything negative to say about any of them, and I got some webms of a few of em that I’m converting right now.

The palace of fire and ice specifically was awesome, visually and in terms of gameplay. I really like that the part after the check point can be sped through if you hop on the dry bones instead of using the switch blocks, and that it creates a shortcut with a reward if you do it that way. Really good design there that shows clever thinking ahead. Dropping a hot follow on ya.

I’m still around, don’t really have any interest in fire emblem and while I like Smash too I’d much rather be playing this.

Jolly Rogers Bay From Mario 64. The entirety of World 6 from SMB3, 4-2 from SMB, and World 3 from SMB2 but I like every level in that game really.

Troll levels can actually be pretty funny if they're done right.

Fucking hammer bros reeee

Yeah I skipped the NSMB one, I believe. Not because it was outright bad, it's just NSMB rarely does anything for me. I did give it and all your other levels a like of course, not just from saying I would but because almost all of them were really enjoyable.

Attached: 1487492916813.gif (360x414, 2M)

A japanese girl just liked my level!!

Attached: 1564064539333.jpg (844x1000, 480K)

Japs only like complete garbage so...

That’s fair I suppose, but how about the inverse? Was there one you think you could pick out as a favorite?

The SMB stages were easily my favorite. Aesthetically pleasing layout with simple fun platforming. There was also a SMW (?) ghost house that was pretty enjoyable.

I'd say the least favorite would be the one with multiple mechanical boss/puzzles, the machinery was just a tad overwrought for an otherwise solid theme.

I really need to go replay SMB3.

Right on, yeah folks really seem to dig the SMB stages if the plays/like count is anything to go by and the Resident Koopa ghost house is probably one of my best designed stages or one I’m the most proud of.

>mechanical boss/puzzles
Probably the boss stage for world 2. Folks seem the most divisive on that one, and I think it’s got the lowest clear rate out of all my stages, I wanted to make a neat boss you’d fight multiple times through the stage until you put them down for good but I got a little over ambitious with it. I want to try and make unique bosses for all my world ends to give them good capoffs. I plan on doing a massive overhaul for all my levels once I complete the main set and have been compiling patch notes based on the feedback I get from anons that play my crap.

Uploading this a second time today for those that missed the first.

Sawmill Castle:
CNF-5QH-QXF
Fairly easy/short level where you are racing saw blades.

Bowser Jr. Airship:
CBV-JP4-0WG
A pretty straight-foward airship level.

Don't go right:
434-VTS-YQG
Level with easy platforming on the left and harder on the right. I have an extra room if someone is looking for a bit more of a challenge at the end.

Bile Track:
F3N-MP4-X6G
Transverse a poisonous swamp on a rail line.

Winter Obstacle Course:
GT2-MNL-8HG
Fast paced obstacle course to win the winter cup.

Winter obstacle course 2:
WQD-6QF-X6G
Improvement over the original with an even more difficult course above. *Note* The winter cup association is not responsible for loss of life in the aforementioned banned course above the player.

Winter Obstacle Course 2 SMW:
93M-69M-KVG
Because real "sequels" use the same style as the original

I've been playing just about every level posted here and having a good time, and it makes me want to contribute, but so far I've only got the one level.

Switch 'n Swingy Spelunker
9TS-MMD-JYF

I've got some free time this week and hope to have something new soon, I've gotten a lot of new inspiration from these threads.

Attached: tmp_17614-1564865514697-178934931.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

>4-3: SnakeVine Swamplands
Not sure why you chose to activate vines the way you did, feels kind of awkward having to wait for the noteblock to get hit when its not 100% clear whats going on and, with the way things load in, it can just flat out break in the parts dependent on pirahna plants to activate it. (although I think the spot right after the CP is the only place where this is possible)

Other than that, pretty good level, some interesting stuff with scrolling vines I haven't seen very often.

>switch and spike spam
>a blind jump
>no coin trails
>I've gotten a lot of new inspiration from these threads.
are you sure about that

Makes me a little happy when I see folks using the webms I make for em. I look forward to what ya come up with.

It’s a little awkward yeah I agree, playing through it again. I was trying to make it so the plants would activate the vines as the player approaches , and give them time to react and jump on without being too narrow of a window. In the case of the first one by the checkpoint I put the safety vine down there so you could climb out and reset the note block spawn that way, in case it janks out. Blocks and tracks have funky spawns that I don’t fully understand yet since this was the first time I really used them extensively for part of the level design. I’ve added it to the tweak list. Thanks for playin it, glad you liked it despite that hiccup there.

It’s his first level man give em a break.