Widely seen as the black sheep of the franchise, what are your honest thoughts on Grand Theft Auto IV?

Widely seen as the black sheep of the franchise, what are your honest thoughts on Grand Theft Auto IV?

Attached: GTAIV-Boxart.jpg (1044x1302, 609K)

I played the fuck out of it, but felt like the story never went anywhere. I miss the multiplayer though.

DAE GTA IV is better than V?

EDIT: Thanks for the gold, kind stranger

most boring gta, nothing to do outside of story mode

Actually good story mode. Actually decent characters.
I had high hopes for 5 but rockstar completely forgot the single player exists and only does stuff for multiplayer.
Just give me mission dlcs.

>black sheep
Each GTA is unique and stands alone with its own accomplishments.
It's in no way a black sheep and was revolutionary for its time much like every other GTA.

>you cant have wrong opinions >:(

Worst mission design in the series. Handling model is only liked by children who've never driven before who think that massive oversteering at 40mph is realistic.

Disappointing after San Andreas

Good story. Better online than 5.

>black sheep
That would be GTA V. It had the potential to be so much more. It was a downgrade from IV. Maybe they're running out of ideas or something. But GTA IV was absolutely revolutionary and mindblowing when it came out.

I liked the story and the physics engine, a solid 8/10 imo

is gta 4 the worst pc port of all time? i have a high end pc and no matter what i do i can't get this game to run smoothly

same with the episodes, i think it ran better back when i played it on my old pc when gta 4 launched. how is that even possible?

It's great. Despite have less "stuff," it still feels the most like a real city more than any of the others.

It really is a tragedy that it can't be played on PC.

The release version was pretty much but it's fine after patches, have you tried applying them to your pirated copy?

t. shitter who can't drive and just wants every car to control like mario kart ala sa and 5

steam version. also noticed how a lot of songs got cut for some reason. couldn't take it anymore and deinstalled again

>Widely seen as the black sheep of the franchise

The fuck are you talking about? When it was new it was amazing. It was just a continuation of the gta franchise with modern physics.

yeah they only had licenses for a specified ammount of years and now they're gone, shit sucks, but as for the performance well... works on my machine :^)

introduced the Dilettante, best game 10/10
also the stupid driving physics were fun, shame the multiplayer's dead.

I felt that I was easier to screw around outside of story mode, like having a one man army shootout with the cops without getting taken out by the police easily like you would in GTA V. I swear the cops in the 5th game are ruthless. I also remember how fun it was in online free mode in IV when it was a new thing.

And how much do you rate V?

They are ruthless because they cheat. They spawn out of thin air directly in front of you no matter how remote of an area you are in. They snipe you with laser precision from a helicopter while you're driving 90 mph. No matter how fast you are going they will gain on you and hit the back of your car, and your car is forced to swerve in the same scripted fashion no matter what. It's pure laziness on the developers.

violent games cause mass shootings

like a 6, it was pretty enjoyable with mods but no story expansions sucks complete ass and I wouldn't care for the multiplayer even if I had bought it

It's not just the cops even hoodlums will put 3 rounds right in your sternum while running sideways

>Widely
Here, perhaps.

IV
>police cars driving in from the edges of minimap
>PIT manouvers
V
>police cars spawning 50m in front of you
>ramming like retards
I don't get it, if it ain't broken, don't fix it, it's not a hard concept

Attached: GTAIV vs V Physics Comparison.webm (994x560, 2.68M)

>I don't get it, if it ain't broken, don't fix it, it's not a hard concept
This is what baffles and frustrates me so much. They had the a great base already with 4, all they had to do was take it and improve on it. But instead they scraped everything great about it and made a crappier version of it. It sucks.

Wide access to firearms and hundreds year old culture of glorifying guns cause mass shootings

Attached: vidya vs gun violence.png (722x380, 80K)

>GTA V had the potential to be so much more

6~7/10 Campaign
8~9/10 MP
V's multiplayer makes me wanna kill myself.

why was 4 so bad compared to 5?

The main story was great you nonce.

Boring as shit.

It's shit

I think a better question would be why you like this game?

Attached: CoverArt-GTAV.png (819x1004, 1.16M)

It's fun.

The third person shooting and cover has aged well, the driving is still shit and so is the HBO reject story. I still enjoy it though because they never did a city's atmosphere better.

I wish the series continued down IV's direction instead of coping out in V. It could have become a western equivalent to the Yakuza games.

Every single player DLC mission they were going to give you is in multiplayer now. Enjoy as random characters wax exposition while your avatar pulls a venom snake and autistically stands there.

>worst mission design in the series
SA takes that title. SA has so many garbage gimmick missions.

Are you fuckin blind?

It has color

are all cars in 4 have broked tie rods and bent uni-bodies along with disconnected sway bars?

This
IV really had a different feeling, it was more serious.
With V it's like they got cheaper again, idk it's weird because it's actually more in line with this decade that i don't really fancy.

are english is second language?
also are all cars in V constructed out of fucking diamond considering they don't even get dented when crashing into something at full speed?

Best driving in the series.

Literally the only good GTA game

IV is a reimagination of III. It makes sense since both titles were generational leap games with lots of innovation. I think that was the point of the whole homage. V is just a play it safe saints row clone. kinda funny how it went full circle like that.

So that's the point i guess, this is why people are divided...

Revisionist horseshit.
You fags jerk this game off day and night ever since Crowbcat made a video about it.

>Black sheep
>98 score
What is it with contrarianism and Yea Forums?

Best in the series.