Video games used to cost $60-$70 per cartridge + $300-$400 per system...

Video games used to cost $60-$70 per cartridge + $300-$400 per system. I would argue that they've decreased in price due to inflation. What would Yea Forums pay the most for a console and games? Pic related is $1200 but even with material costs it doesn't justify such a high mark up.

Attached: 1565367680012.png (1080x1553, 1.04M)

Other urls found in this thread:

investopedia.com/terms/i/inflation.asp
youtube.com/watch?v=Xng3thTHiRg
cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-thursday-edition-1.4503503/his-toy-collection-was-getting-out-of-hand-so-he-made-a-funko-buying-contract-with-his-wife-1.4503521
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'd pay about three fiddy.

>Pic related is $1200 but even with material costs it doesn't justify such a high mark up.
yea that's' lego for you.

10k to price out poorfags

Attached: 1558940072967.png (38x34, 1K)

>brownie points
wtf does he not have a job?

Kek that's only one paycheck for me, yeehaw

basedwars

>decreased in price due to inflation
That's not how that works.

likely yes but it's her money too.

Nintendo Switch games and consoles still cost that much.

>2 years

Attached: image.jpg (612x513, 328K)

They're married so it's both their money going into this. No non nerdy female would ever allow their husband to go out and buy this on a whim.

that's not a lot...

i'm glad i've brain-damaged myself out of wanting to get married

>Allow
She gets the same percentage of say in the matter as money she's contributing, that is if you have any fucking self respect at all.

Yes it is. If price stays constant but the value of a dollar is decreasing every year, that object now holds less value.

That's pretty depressing.

LEGO is such dogshit now, it used to be like $40 for a 500 piece set, now it’s like $40 for a 150 piece set
All the cool original IPs like Rock Raiders and Johnny Thunder or just generic cool ninja hideouts or spooky castles got cucked out of existence by Star Wars, Disneyvengers, or rehashes of old IPs

Do married normies really share ALL of their money? If I ever get married my wife and I are having separate bank accounts in addition to our joint one.

Unless you get paid weekly, that's a pretty normal amount of money. The issue is that it's a lot of money to spend when you have other, more pressing concerns to spend it on, which thd vast majority of adults do.

Lego has always been expensive.

yo this shit is like 1000 bucks

I prefer chinese knockoffs that cost 80% less then lego but work just exactly the same down to the god damn smell of the pieces.

absolute maximum $399 for a console, $60 for a game. i don't buy DLC unless i'm sure i'm going to like it, and NEVER do i buy cosmetic shit

>$1200
Why did you pull that completely random number out your ass?

heeyaw
>get a 33k job up from 11.50/hr
>think it's pretty good
>people say it's not a lot

This is incorrect and stupid. Part of your paycheck should always be set aside in your own personal savings or fun money account. You do not share every single cent you earn with your spouse, you keep some for yourself. Both men and women should be doing this so they can afford their own hobbies or whatever on the side without having to ask each other every time they want to buy new clothes or a game or other inconsequential shit.

Are "brownie points" code for "my wife taking brown dick"

Legally once you're married all your assets are considered joint assets, whether you keep them in separate accounts or not.

I can't imagine having a relationship where you're at odds with your wife to such an extent that you have to try to convince her to let you do something.

My parents had a shared account while I was growing up.
Once my sister dropped out of life though dad split the accounts and basically gave my mother an allowance because her and my sister are money pits.
Obviously this is very unfair and I have to hear about it every time I see them. Dad's happy though.

>Do married normies really share ALL of their money?
No. To women: "His money is our money but my money is my money."

Bro I made $64k out of college, and now i'm trying to leave after two years for $85-$90k plus bonus...

I paid 1000 for my phone but thats something i use constantly. Id pay 800 for a new console after some games i actually wanted released. And I mean a modern powerful console, not funtendo. (still waiting on switch to convince me)

Guess I should get back in to college

>And I mean a modern powerful console
lol

Some idiots fall for that scam, yes. Every married couple I've ever seen that were happy had separate bank accounts, and both did their own spending. Any man I've ever seen who claimed to do the 50/50 thing looked miserable as fuck, even if his wife did work. Funny enough, she always has things she NEEDS, but none of the stuff he wants is ever acceptable to spend money on. Go figure.

This. Agreed completely. The licensed sets were always inferior to the original stuff, and I say this as a huge Star Wars fan. The brand is a total ripoff now, you used to be able to get awesome sets for $20-$30, but now sets in those price ranges basically don't even exist.

0. I'm a NEET, so my parents buy all my shit either knowingly or unknowingly.

The definition of inflation is literally the increase in the price of goods due to the decreased purchasing power of currency

investopedia.com/terms/i/inflation.asp

$11.50 an hour is not very much money, no.
It's not minimum wage, but it's really nothing to be happy about.

>allow their husband
lmao imagine the opposite
>no man would allow his wife
really shows who rules society

Why are the windows around the door blacked out? Is his wife a vampire?

Attached: kot03.png (675x547, 54K)

Yes and video game prices haven't increased for 20 years, dipshit. Meaning they actually cost lest. It would cost the same if video game prices increased too due to the decreased purchasing power of currency, but it didn't.

Most women are complete shut-ins. She's probably not attractive.

I def have my own bank account, because anytime I let my wife hold onto my cards i regret it. She's not even a dumb thot, im just convinced the female mind is incapable of logic when it comes to finances. I told her as much and now I give her exact allowance when she needs it but she can stay mad before I give her full access to my account.

Attached: FB_IMG_1564003543604.jpg (692x692, 25K)

I walked on two relationships because they each eventually tried to tell me who I could and couldn't see and what I could and couldn't buy.
Called it quits after that. No time for that bullshit.

At least he is not an incel like you, and he also got what he wanted, a lot more than what you guys will ever be able to say about yourselves.

lol I smell a whipped hubby

lol who are you even talking to, projecting retard

lol I smell an incel virgin :^)

I remember reading somewhere that statistically, married couples that opt for cheaper weddings or skip weddings entirely have a lot lower rates of divorce. Partly because it means the couple doesn't really want to blow their money on short term shit and they don't have to deal with the debt of a wedding which can be pretty fucking big.
Makes more sense to spend your money on a nice vacation somewhere for like a week or two.

I have a job and my gf (trap) gives me good boy points (GBP) for doing nice things and doing chores. I can exchange GBP for sexual favors like facesitting, 69, rape, etc. But she lets me get away with a lot without using my points.

I'm thinking it's time to use all my points, very soon :^)

to you, incel, and your incel friends

>He needs a cunts permission to buy lego
Pathetic.

Attached: 0946125F-B88F-4363-9ED7-6FAD9AE88A38.jpg (4032x3024, 1.86M)

Stay mad pc beggar, my pc has literally gathered dust for 3 years, and to build a Scarlett/ps5 equivalent would cost a lot more than they'll be, even if they are a grand each.

Attached: SmartSelect_20190807-143153_Facebook.jpg (375x386, 66K)

He opens the door to sign for his lego delivery.
>TUCKER! CLOSE THE DOOR! TUCKER! TUCKER! SHUT THE DOOR ALREADY! TUCKEERRRRR!

Attached: 1547614314431.png (355x328, 65K)

why do reddit fags always have to resort into adding "wife, girlfriend, or partner" when justifying some big, nerdy purchase?

you know damn well this guy just bought it on his own. had nothing to do with his "wife".

spending lots of money on a wedding always seemed fucking stupid to me

Your dad is the only reason why you're family has any financial security, it sounds like. Your sister and mother sound like blood sucking harpys.

Attached: 1387710693193.jpg (475x453, 50K)

That's pretty good considering he paid for it with his allowance.

Nice patlabor set. Is that retail, or some custom one?

riiiight, i'm perfectly happy with my gf thanks. stop projecting so hard it's pretty cringey virgin

Oh fuck off, there's still tons of original IP sets like Nexo, Ninjago, Elves, Friends, Hidden Side, Creator, etc, etc, etc.

Attached: 1509418236137.jpg (662x580, 66K)

>1000 USD for a fucking Lego set

It's sad she actually caved, somehow this dude is so beta his wife is the financially sound one. Imagine being less competent with money than a fucking woman.

I honestly wouldn't blame him if I got a call tomorrow from him saying they were getting a divorce. My sister really did a number on their marriage.

Ive seen this in person. If you need to break the bank for an extravagant wedding, then you are irresponsible and shallow and your gonna have a bad time. Only the wealthy should dropping 10k+ on a venue, 8k+ on a ring,etc

suuuure thing virgin, that's why you are so mad and feeding me (You)s

None of that is good, shut the fuck up.

The average Hollywood blockbuster costs over one hundred million dollars to make, and the movie tickets and DVDs are around $20. When considering the fact that the audience for games is smaller and the technology is so much better, and that games rarely cost that much to make, with the exception of games like Grand Theft Auto V, it makes complete sense for a game to be $60. Besides most games subsidize it by including Jewish practices like day one DLC and lootboxes now.

I made it myself.
I’d say it’s 95% complete.

Attached: 09E82A9C-0E82-4739-80FF-D798F8DB6699.jpg (4032x3024, 1.83M)

Imagine being ashamed of spending money on a hobby you enjoy like this fucking cuck.

That's not due to inflation though - that's just because the demand for video games has gone down and/or the supply has gone up.

Why didn't he just build it in minecraft?

I'm by all accounts a failure of a man by normie societal standards, but every time I hear about married mens' lives I'm grateful for whatever quirk of nature caused me to be born without the desperate need for female attention and companionship most men have.

Would you happen to have the original of the anime girl image, friend?

Hell I believe it.
I sorta get the appeal but fuck off with that price tag. Vows and an open bar for me, thanks.

I'm guessing your sister is a fat loser NEET?

Literally and objectively wrong, seethe harder.

>my pc has literally gathered dust for 3 years
Okay poorfag

Kemono Friends

because he can't post about it to farm karma

The minimum wage in Washington is 12$

>the demand for video games has gone down
>when more people are buying video games than ever, and the industry is at least 10x the siize if not more than 20 years ago
You're an idiot.

Price per brick has remained constant when accounting for inflation

Inflation is a lie made up to trick you into thinking you've got it good. If I take a $20 and send it back to myself in 1990, it's still worth $20.

>falling for the marriage meme

Attached: 1563293169711.jpg (720x960, 68K)

You do know women buy fucking Chanel Bags + Louis Vuitton purses that are $1k just for a shitty hand bag. The purses are $2k-$4k not counting the high end ones...

Attached: 1525650845364.gif (481x481, 126K)

lol i don't care about replies, have them you seething loser. enjoy your virginity kid

Yeah but how much money are you in debt?

Yep, in the worst possible way.

>another off-topic picture (which sure won't derail the thread) hidden behind some barely video game related question

Didn't see that one in like the last 5 mins...

>sharing money with your wife/gf
Do people actually do this? Like pooling it together?

Attached: 1564630732610.jpg (600x600, 132K)

you are living the high life

>brownie points
OH NONONONO

Attached: 97646853.jpg (1348x812, 271K)

It's Grape-kuns wife

Attached: Penguin Waifu 01.jpg (722x742, 147K)

Bruh it doesn’t what thesefags say. Yeah 33k is basically poverty level but if it works for you it works

After tax and tip?

I know a guy who married a very spoiled rich girl and their wedding was a destination wedding in Italy. Basically none of their friends could even go, myself included. I won't be shocked when they get divorced. He's independently wealthy himself but will probably lose most of that, including the lake house he built, when it happens. Poor fool.

bout $16k.

What the fuck did she do
My cousin kept stealing my games when we were kids but her mother married a jew and when i tried to take a hundred bucks from her to make up for it i was completely villified, even after i explained it was so i can get my shit back. Shit like that is pure evil, especially when its held up by someone else.

Yeah, but you have much more purchasing power with that $20 in 1990 than you do today.

He's far from the only example that even in the animal kingdom 2d>3d.
RIP Grape-kun.

I could see it for like, groceries or something.

It's $20, but you can buy a lot more for the same $20 since things cost less back then.

God, I always knew Yea Forums was retarded for economy, but this thread is becoming too much for me.

Thanks buddy, I posted it very shitpostily, but I'm actually really happy. get home in two hours and I've only gotten off once today so I'm thinking she's gonna be absorbing my cummies one or another right away

then I guess the supply has gone up
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My sister is the same way. She's not even 30 yet and is well past the wall as far as I'm concerned. Completely gave up and let herself go because of the MUH ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION meme.

In some ways, in others you have less purchasing power than $0.02 in 1920.
Which is the real insidiousness of inflation and fiat currency.

When you marry someone who's trustworthy and pragmatic, it's not a big deal.

The pc only has pixel shit and emulation, both of which i can get on my phone :) . Also I love not having to wait 6 months to forever to beg for new games (RDR2, MHW both come to mind)

>$1200
The new UCS Falcon is $800,
You invented a 50% markup from thin air

hey i have that same mai statue

>friend is big into music and has a few fairly expensive guitars, electronic pianos, and a electronic drum set
>know he's really into it as a passion hobby
>he gets a gf
>things are going well between them but I don't personally like his gf that much, constantly wants attention and keeps calling him when we're hanging out
>don't talk for a few months, get busy with school work and finding a job
>realize I haven't hung out with him in a while, call him up to hang out, play some vidya and grab something to eat to catch up
>seems excited
>find out that he sold his instruments because his girlfriend moved in with him and she didn't like the noise and sold it so they can move to a bigger apartment together
>he seems mildly upset about it when talking to him, but says that he's doing it for love
>honestly tell him that it was bad idea to do so because know how much he enjoyed it and she might start demanding more out of him soon
>shrugged it off, says he can always come back later if he really wants to

I just don't like seeing people lose their passions or hobbies. I don't understand why would you want to make your loved one lose their favorite hobby.

Attached: 1496783066385.jpg (381x381, 57K)

you don't care so much that you were desperate to prove it to me how much you don't care by...replying, typical desperate virgin lmao

>$85-$90k

Uh... is it just a placeholder until you find your real job, cuz that’s pretty shit

Not with a gf, but with a wife it's essentially the whole point of even getting married to pool resources and buy shit you couldn't afford alone.

Why hasn't 3d printing destroyed Lego's business

My wife is a doctor bro she buys me games and tendies fuck your wagie coping

because it's not lego brand lego

That's not bad
I know people who are over 100k in debt for stupid masters

That's a perfectly reasonable salary.

antiunionfags kept acting ad though games were cheaper before, not more expensive

It doesn't matter what is the reason why prices didn't change though, the point from the very beginning was that the prices didn't change. Therefore, if you account to inflation, video games actually cost less now.
It really isn't that complicated.

The highlight of every poor third world dweller is an over budgeded wedding which the bride's family has to pay off for the rest of their lives (the husband's have to pay slightly less thanks to the dowry)

I bet you don't have a cunt to worry about mate. Gotta agree though, that's a cool labor.

Oof. My wife is one in a billion morally and in trustworthiness, and I'll be damned before I open a share account lmao

you forgot the bonus, and the fact i'm only two years out of school. I expect to get mid 150ks within the next 5 years. but your a fucking neet on Yea Forums who thinks making more than the median in the USA is poor...

I know people like that too...

I enjoyed rdr2 but it's going to look and play much better on pc, you're a retard.

I paid $2000 for a computer and I haven't paid for anything since, fuck that. Findom and piracy, friends.

I pity you.

To the insecure female, all other things upon which a man invests time and effort are competition.
Even your friendship, should it start to be a regular thing again will be seen by her as a thread.

You are right that your friend is in trouble, he has hooked up with an unstable woman, and her demands will only grow and be insatiable. Yet, there is nothing you can do that you have not already done. In his current state, he values getting his dick wet more than the other passions he had.

The romantic passion blinds one to many things, and only in its passing can it become clear how little one has sold so much in exchange for.

why the fuck should this man have to fucking beg to spend his own money? getting married is a sham and girlfriends are not worth the hassle id rather be a virgin

Vidoe games also used to be more complete. Now your video games have to factor in "VIDEO GAME+SEASON PASS+DAY 1 DLC" which is extraordinarily more than what you would have payed for a video game before.

Im sure it will, bad ass mods too, but tick tock nigga, we are still waiting for it well after every secret and plot line has been revealed. Not worth it senpai

And they're all made in China/Bangladesh/Taiwan/Thailand for literal chump change.

I do.
I make enough money to give myself a little gift every now and then.

ah the deluded ramblings of an incel, entertaining as always

>implying married men ever get laid

lol

Ah, the projection of a moron.

Like I said it will look and play better, which is what matters to me, particularly the shooting. Using a controller was painful.

Lego shit is expensive because they're not made any more and the demand is high.

They still get more action than this guy kek

Except he's right
>His mother didn't warn him about those type of women who expect you to give up your hobbies for them

is this also the deluded ramblings of an incel? or would you call me voluntary? sex isnt fucking worth letting someone control me

I don't think you know what projecting means...

Why marry and let her dictate your life and spending habits when you can hire courtesans?

Sure thing, incel. Can't hear you over how virgin you are.

Also, he bought a nustar wars set that has an added disney tax on it.

never claimed that but you way you wrote that original post made you sound like 100% incel lol

No it isn't you retard.

>What would Yea Forums pay the most for a console and games?
I paid 1000$ for an Index and it has no games.

I'll be enjoying the weekend with my gf, enjoy yours alone lmao

why would you want a trap to sit on ur face thats just a mans asshole

Let me ask you then: What would you say of the reversed situation?

A man who demands a woman give up her hobbies and friendships because they displease him.
Who takes her money and refuses her the ability to spend it on anything that pleases her but not him?

You sound like a 16 year old virgin projecting hard

So many incels itt, it makes me cringe. Jesus christ, have sex already.

I'm sad for the troubled fate of this pussy wiped beta, but I can agree that the millenial falcon set is one I'd buy too if given the chance.

Oh he did? I thought it was the old ones. I would love to have the old SD and SSD. I regret not getting them as a kid.

ill be a virgin if it means not having some slut control my money and treat me like a fucking child

>all that blue pilled non-sense
the absolute state of americans

Attached: 20190728_111538.jpg (1080x1048, 197K)

stay mad seething virgins

Be this mans wife
Raise his children and take care of house
Need money to feed children
Autistic husband wants to spend it on legos instead
Have to convince him to hold off until we can afford it

"I'm your hobby now, user."

If I couldn't spend money on a whim on stupid shit I earned doing the job I hate I'd rather kill myself.

Nah, he's right. My best friend's wife fucking hates me and is passive aggressive towards me all the time simply because he spends so much time playing games or fishing or whatever with me. And she's only gotten less pleasant over the years imo. They've been married 6 years and together for like 12 at this point and have a kid together and she still views me as a some kind of competition or threat which is fucking absurd and stupid at best. I feel bad for him when she eventually ruins his life as women do because his relationship with her has defined his entire adult life since high school.

I'm sure you will, virgin boy :)

>mfw finally landed a 66k starting government job after spending 5 years out of Uni on measly 30k data entry
This jump is messing with my mind. I'm looking forward to all the shit I can afford now. Hopefully public sector positions are as chill as they say too.

This. a BPD weeb girl I briefly dated was even jealous of my dog and our love is purely platonic.

She just wanted the dog for herself

Back when men were the only ones working and women stayed home and did grocery shopping, paying the bills(back in the day when you had to actually write a check and fill out paperwork) it made perfect sense

Now it’s just another example of post-feminist double standards where women keep all the old benefits of patriarchy but abolish the downsides.

good women don't. the issue is that good women are in short supply. my wife's done nothing but enable me to enjoy my hobbies, such as giving me shit towards it and helping me with it etc. the problem is most women are fucking awful creatures that have NO hobbies and simply exist to parasite off their husband/boyfriend.

happy to hear that user, public sector jobs are definitely comfier, try not to let lifestyle creep get in and try to manage your costs

Nah, she was a cunt towards the dog and all of my hobbies. It was a learning experience and that's about all the value this relationship had.

With a wife I could see it, with a girlfriend never. But the problem arises when women are given control of the budget. Whoever takes control of the strenuous task of managing an excel spreadsheet, is going to feel entitled to decide how the frivolous spending gets used, and as a result of cultural holdovers from when women weren't allowed to have jobs in a marriage, women are not accustomed to getting gifts for men. If a man manages the budget he'll still spend money on things his wife wants, because that's been the culture for centuries, but women buying things for men to make them happy is very new, and a lot of women are bad at it.
So if you just give up responsibility, and let your wife handle the budget by herself, you ain't getting shit, and are going to have to beg for legos like the cuck in OP.

Attached: 1527665276469.gif (500x375, 1.42M)

debt to income ratio bro.

they are, government jobs mostly are done by niggers with absolutely no understanding of basic human functions. you'll be fine user.

>blacking out the windows

Attached: 1564892278366.jpg (640x594, 24K)

What will you do when your parents die?

It's just night ti-
>windows are actually blacked out
What the fuck?

>Pic related is $1200
damn i spent more than that buying boosted radios from national guard guys, wew

he will finally kill himself

Minimum wage is like $2,500

Honestly I'm with the wife here. What a fucking waste of money.

>earn money
>ask wife/gf how you are allowed to spend it

prime cuck

Thanks bros. I'm looking forward to it.

I replied up top $16k going down steadily.

i wouldnt spend more than 500 on a wedding.
it was like 200 ish for the ordained guy for the ceremony and we just had everybody in the backyard and had everyone bring a dish.

the rest was big time alcohol!!

to be honest if you don't have a gf and don't go out often with friends or anything else. 33k isn't too bad.

>good women don't
Those're the words, man. It's just that too many folk get suckered in by selfish people because they're dreaming of a family.

>your a fucking neet

My a fucking neet what?

I mean don’t get me wrong that’s a respectable starting salary and all but I was making twice that at your age. Did you study liberal arts or something?

>Think I landed a good opportunity
>Don't even make the 30k user does when I exchange the currency
>actually get much less when I due to non-paid vacation time
I fucking hate being a slav shitter.

just a reminder that lum is the worst girl in her anime

Because with current $60 you get an incomplete game.

>if you don't have a gf
Not yet. Living with my brother, too

Yeah, for $1,200 he could have literally bought like 80 CIB Famicom and Super Famicom games

or knock some walking baby factory up with her 52nd kid and get to "be a man"

this isn't an rp board user

Don't worry fellow poor user, let Americans do American things, the cost of living there adds up.

Shit that's tough user. But I assume cost of living is cheaper in your area?

Man you are going to love it, never let it go.
With a government job, as opposed to private sector where you can earn more money, it is so hard to get fired. As long as you do your job good enough it is incredibly hard to lose it, you get amazing health insurance, and almost always far more vacation and sick leave than private jobs.
If you spend your first year or two coming up with things your predecessor didn't do, and only you can do, you'll make yourself invaluable, and you'll never be considered for a budget cut.
Also with the things you can buy territory, you're probably going to want to get a house in a year or two, instead of paying rent or w/e you're doing right now. If you plant to stay single you can rent one of the bedrooms out, and you'll find that offsets your mortgage to the point where it's cheaper than rent was.

brother a good roleplay is believable. my wife letting me shit away hundreds of dollars on fucking ARTISAN KEYCAPS AND KEYBOARDS isn't even remotely believable.

Why you gotta lie on the internet? No one making that much money unless you're in San Fransisco or working in IB in NYC. Even then COL literally eats up a significant chunk of your salary.

$120k in a LCOL will always trump, $180k in SF.

Doubtful. Every day I wake up lamenting the fact I didn't die in my sleep, cowardice prohibits me from suicide.
Probably continue with my worthless career. I start a PhD program in January, I'm NEETing it up due to an injury. I've started to move around a bit more, though, I think I'm on the mend.

the problem with buying a house early and young, shit is fucking EXPENSIVE to maintain. I had to replace an AC, that shit aint cheap. I still think renting is better because you keep your mobility and can move around as better job opportunities emerge

>brownie points
the fuck? memes have become real to these people.

My wedding cost about 300 quid, 2 guests (legal minimum) nice meal, cake, then taxi home. was over by 3pm, carried her over the threshold, sex, nap. 5 years in now, happy as fuck.
Its probably a correlation because if you're just getting married to be together and not for the spectacle, you're probably best friends. I think that's a prerequisite but retards get married just to level up

I guess? I'm not exactly sure how people manage to move out on minimum wage. I think they simply don't? Or just live in some shitholes with 3 people they don't know? I worked in Norway for a while and holy fuck the difference was staggering.
14$ is minimum wage in US, right? Here it's 1/4 of that.

fuck you just reminded me i forgot to carry my wife over the threshold. whoops

What the fuck do you even do with 150k a year? I don't even like enough shit to justify that income. It'd just all sit in the bank. I make a third of that and it still just sits in the bank.

Duh
Anons are more upset at the loss of freedom to buy dumb shit

>tfw make $9000 per year
>still feels like a lot to me

They think you can control reality with fiction, so of course fiction becomes their reality.
That's why they are so pro-censorship, they must control fiction and through it reality.

I think it was always this way. Goodboy points were only a meme in relation to child - parent thing, where the child is a fucking adult.

tips on finding a gf(male)?

Pay american rent

invest it

Those are childish hobbies. She's trying to make him an adult.

grindr

I don't think it's a money thing, I think it's just that people sensible enough to realize that marriage is a giant expense for nothing is the same kind of people who is sensible enough to live a life together without fighting

How much of it do you spend on living?
If all of my living costs were covered and I were just given 500€ for staying a NEET I'd never work again.

I think most of them aren't even married and just say that shit so noone accuses them of being an incel.

hobbies in no way define adulthood, any hobby can be considered childish in a fashion. hunting, fishing, doesn't matter. you can make anything and everything seem childish

Nobody makes that but you expect to make close to that in 5 years? Make up your mind bro

Like I said it’s perfectly fine, but hardly “try to flex on niggas online” money

>REEEEEEEEEEEE STOP ENJOYING THINGS I DON'T LIKE

I find mine on here. I wouldn't recommend grindr or whatever. I never used it but the fear of STDs and shit seems like it wouldn't be worth it.

What a sad existence. It'd not bother me as much if they couldn't vote but here we are. These idiots are why corporations fuck us up so bad.

you'd be shocked. most people eventually do get married, granted notice how they never have hte wife in the picture? it's because its a disgusting creature.

Invest it? Buy land/estate?

>Max our Roth, Max out 401(k), leave some excess on a active portfolio. leave like $30k in the bank for emergency purchases. The rest should be spent on Assets or Kept seperately in a different fund to take advantage for the market.

It good your not spend frivolously, goal in life should be having multiple streams of revenue and knowing you're financially secure.

Ok, to what end? I invest for retirement as well.
I pay Canadian rent which is often just as bad.
I guess I just don't like dumb shit that much.

> all these manchildren just look like overweight versions of me

Guess I have to continue to stay in shape then.

>isn't basedfacing
>has a nerd hobby like the rest of Yea Forums
>is married
why do you hate him, Yea Forums?

Attached: 1334554.png (574x566, 423K)

rent is $400/m
utilities are another $50/m
idk I guess I just don't spend much also I don't have a car

>find mine

meant found mine. I've only been with the one I met on here. we both wanted a committed relationship so make sure you know what you want out of this

>$1200
>Set is actually $800
Where'd the extra $400 come from, shlomo?

Sounds ideal honestly. That's the way it ought to be. The responsible should reel in the wasteful idiots

Yes, because people in my profession literally exit to make that much?

>allow their husband
if you want to fucking buy it.If his wife things it's too dump he has the wrong wife

Imagine thinking anyone would be willing to pay more for games if they're not brain damaged. Games are more expensive than ever when you consider the fact that 50% of the game is fucking dlc which costs as much if not twice as much as the base game in the end.
I will very rarely spend above £30 on a game, still rarely above £20, they're simply not worth it for the value and quality they provide today with their business practices.
And I'll not buy a console period, but if I somehow did I wouldn't be paying more than £200 for one absolute max.

Yes, but someone tossing around incel isn't likely to be a traditionalist.
Of course, basic logic isn't going to convince them either.

So, you have no fear of getting STDs from anyone here cause most are virgins or what?

invest in reaching FIRE, as an American it's actually possible as with the inflated wages you can easily retire in a yuropoor country

True. Considering how poorly they handle money, they'd fall for a scam like marriage.

You can't feed your family and yourself with your hobbies. Wasting your time and money with them when you have responsibilities is frivolous and immature.

or... they're the one taking the picture?

People always leave out the fact that games only cost $60 due to how much it cost to manufacture the cartridges. Once CD-based consoles came around, games dropped to about $40. If you adjust for inflation from there, a $40 game in 1995 would be $67 today.

...So yeah, they've gotten a little cheaper, but not as much as some people want you to believe.

Yeah, I don't get it either man. I'd have to earn two times as much for much lighter work for me to even consider not hogging it up all to myself. It's just so un-fucking-fair. Having to sacrifice so much of your sanity and time for a measly pay, only to have some deadbeat cunt feel like she's entitled to it.

I can't say for sure, but that would seem to be the case more than it would be for grindr. Mine was a virgin. Obviously, you're going to have to think about it a little, if they're a huge slut and have tons of orbiters, abandon that shit right away

I thought about that too, but I like to travel for Vacation. I'm not gonna be flying to fucking Asia when I'm 60. Best time to do it is in my 20s.

Hear the same thing with increased job security for sure. Although yeah budget cuts are something to look out for. All of a sudden I'm paying attention to local politics now too which I never bothered with before. I'm still living with my parents at this point but I'll see what the future holds after settling in with the job. Appreciate your advice bro, it's definitely a life changing moment.

you are assuming people have families, are responsible for their food, don't have enough money to do that regardless of their hobbies or care about being "immature"

I'd be willing to pay up to $80 assuming the game is good and there are absolutely no microtransactions or paid DLC

Sounds like a good way to end up killing yourself before you reach 55. What an unpleasant existence doing nothing but providing the essentials.

They can always add those post-launch.

2 years for $1200? How poor is this guy?

Its only a scam if you're shit at it or marry somebody who likes what you like but who doesn't share your values, literally get good. or just live your life man, it's not for everybody.

Game: The most I could ever imagine paying for any videogame is about a hundo. That $100 includes ALL forms of DLC or added purchase, and the game must be godlike to deserve that, basically custom-made-for-me tier. I rarely pay more than $20 for games.

System: Depends on how much total benefit the system can give to me, benefit being defined as a combination of access to games I want, convenience and comfort of use, sheer power, and "other". I pay about $800-$900 when I buy a PC so that seems to be the realistic upper limit. We could call it an even thousand if the thing you're offering truly is godlike, but again, we're talking custom level.

Attached: 1315443273744.png (455x511, 151K)

$1200/wk is pretty garbage pay.

>Both men and women should be doing this
The man of the house usually knows more about investments and what to spend money on, so he should decide if buying something for his wife or kids is affordable.
In OP's image's case however, it could very well be the other way around, and the wife is the one that's more responsible.

Only cucks do that shit.

I have my account, She has her account. She is responsible for certain bills and im responsible for certain bills.

We have a joint account where we pool money for large expenses or vacations. But im free to do what i please with my money as long as shit is taken care of.

Why are you so right? I can’t understand how I adapted to using a controller as a child. Mouse and keyboard feels perfect.

I'm a leaf. I work a comfortable amount of hours at a comfortable job and I'm pretty satisfied. I wouldn't trade a bunch more money for less time and more stress I don't think.

And if youre in Seattle its $15

WEST COAST WINS AGAIN BABY

Married here. Wife and I have seperate bank accounts. We split all the bills and food 50/50, which net benefits me since I make more.

50$/mo allowance

Attached: 1fad461530b427c4a7f45c7e8634664f.jpg (1095x795, 69K)

I know, I'd need the devs to go on the record saying that they wouldn't do that sort of thing, and if they do it anyway in spite of that, I'd probably stop buying their games all together

You sound like you doubt your wife.

From my experience every woman you will ever meet will at some point do a complete 180 for absolutely no reason. No matter how much your values align, she will backstab you. Women are the Jews of Gender.

Not him, just chiming in to say I'm really happy for you pal, I hope you make more than you know what to do with and have a fucking good time doing it.

Attached: max.png (884x662, 577K)

simply by setting aside as much of your wage as possible and investing it in ETFs, you can increase your net worth, your money that is staying in the bank isn't doing anything but losing value due to inflation

>buying hookers

you know that just fucking hurts mid-tier professionals right. The brass at the top don't give a shit, but now your office workers have lost a decent chunk of their purchasing price.

Coffee at starbucks now cost $6 compared to $4.

He's not, his wife was against him spending his own money he worked to make on a hobby

That's how the old good times were, how your grandfather and his grandfather lived their lives.
This "me me me me me meeeeeeee!" mindset is a recent phenomenon.

As someone in Finance, If I ever get married i'm controlling the Finances, because it literally my job. No way am I gonna trust someone in a non-financial role to handle it.

youtube.com/watch?v=Xng3thTHiRg

You could just buy a model that's a fraction of the price and make it look as good as you want with paint etc.

I should really get into lego's again. Sold all of my sets for quite a good buck since I kept the boxes and manuals in mint condition. Kind of regret selling my old space sets man, those things were great. Most of the new stuff looks kind of shitty.

You're right. But also, just dont buy starbucks like a bitch. Boom problem solved.

I agree with the last part for sure, but I think there's a good 20% out there who haven't had their brains poisoned and fucked around. It's miserable trying to find somebody though, I'm happily married but if I suddenly became single I would not start over again, nobody would be worthwhile. Likely just go full bachelor boomer.

I'm going to start maxing some investment accounts every year. I like having a buffer on hand though that I don't go below. I grew up poor and living hand to mouth terrifies me.

According to my spending history on my bank app, liquor stores

I really like their Teas though...

>begging your wife for money
shiggydiggy.png

>I'm a 34, soon to be 35, years old who still lives with his parents.
I have nothing to fear because I'm not eligible for marriage

Reminds me of the cuck who signed a contract with his wife because he kept spending hundreds of dollars buying funko pops.

cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-thursday-edition-1.4503503/his-toy-collection-was-getting-out-of-hand-so-he-made-a-funko-buying-contract-with-his-wife-1.4503521

Attached: Screenshot_20190809-132841_Chrome.jpg (1321x1766, 911K)

I'm looking at the games on my GoG wishlist, and all of them except Cyberpunk cost less than 40$.

Honestly I feel for these women, one of my fears is to end up with a retard who sucks with money. Life is so easy if you just don't buy stupid shit.

I hope your job doesn’t involve reading comprehension or basic grammar and spelling

Why would she even stay with a retard like that? This is more shameful than a drug addiction.

> female mind is incapable of logic when it comes to finances
Your not wrong, woman don’t understand saving money
>ex girlfriend and I both work
>she blows her money on stuff she wants
> my money goes on bills and food
Girls have a stronger need for Material goods then guys do. You got over price make up, to spending Thousands of dollars on clothes they don’t wear.

Attached: 8CE62B26-15D9-4B73-9C42-EF2689F4E245.gif (248x142, 1.81M)

He deserves it. Buying Funko Pops is like hoarding garbage.

Are your parents chill? I'm 27, I was okay with staying home but holy fuck they turned into assholes quick. I'd move out if it wasn't basically throwing every hobby out and being at mercy of my employer.

I'm poor too and this is also my plan, check out bogleheads.org they have some country specific investment guides that are all long term. Having at least a couple of months' wage in a savings account is recommended and I suggest waiting to start investing at least till late 2020 in case a crash comes with the elections in burgerland. Plebbit also has some decent info.

>pay

Attached: 1446010497809.jpg (125x100, 3K)

>This faggot
It's not even funny at this point, just sad.

yes so if the purchasing power of the dollar decreases but the price of an item stays the same then it cost less. In other words the items price does not rise at the same level to nullify the decrease in the purchasing power. ie its cheaper...

your hobby is pretending to be a hardworkin' man on a chinese fingerbox discussion board

Legos, specifically Star Wars legos, are very expensive. The UCS Falcon is gigantic, it's like the size of a coffee table.

But who is going to pay for his wife’s son’s aspiring rap career?

1200/month is pretty okay pay in mexico

She should have divorced the FUCK out of that toddler jesus christ.
Comic books are stories about strong men doing the right thing to inspire kids to be good. Adults into that shit should take themselves out.
T. Plays vidya sometimes

Cause OP is poor.

>Being a grammar nazi on a vidyagame imageboard...

Yikes!

500/month is pretty okay here, ffs

>investing and buying real estate on 150k a year

Fucking lol. I live in a really low col state and am just barely making ends meet with 110k

Married life sounds like hell. Too much to lose and too little to gain

Attached: 1558732129150.gif (400x328, 365K)

Based wife reigning in a hoarding retards. I have a buddy who collects those things and his spare room is filled with boxes. He doesn't take them out, he doesn't display them, he doesn't sell them, he just consumes the product and gets excited for the next product.

There's no point in saving more than enough to guarantee survival, user. Money is not the end, but a medium toward the end. On itself is useless, meaningless and worthless, but what it can acquire is what really is valuable.

Attached: 1246152171257.gif (550x600, 85K)

>how your grandfather and his grandfather lived their lives
And they were miserable assholes that beat their wives and children and knew so little joy they couldn’t even spell the word

Funny how that works

Welcome to modernity.
This is what they wanted freedom for, this is why they destroyed the workings of the old ways.
Behold and despair.

My grandfather worked a 60 hour week, played for a rugby team on his weekends (my Nan always went to watch him) and obsessively collected stamps. Him and my Nan had a really stable relationship but they both had their own hobbies completely separate from each other.

Taking time for yourself is important, user. It's not like it has to ruin your relationships.

>tfw watching your grandmother nurse your grandfather for 9 years after he gets Alzheimer's and then watching her wither away after he died

Depends who it's to. It's like a long car journey. You must know somebody you'd have a great time talking to for 12 hours, and likely know far more people who'd make it hell.

Normally its the opposite.

>befriend 30something married guy through friends of friends
>happy guy, gets along with his kids
>over the course of a year he just fucking degrades
>begins going to therapy
>wife gives him shit now for spending any free time by himself
>barely see him online unless hes playing mobile dota underlords
Marriage is fine if you immediately take control but fuck letting a bitch own you.

> Pieces: 7541

Yeah, that's about it, a piece costs about 10~30 cents depending on the size or complexity.

Artist name?

Ever read about the girl leading the Final Fantasy house?

Marriage is kinda like that. It's just how girls are wired, it's their natural instinct.

This. This basically. Yep. This. Fuck it.