Dark Souls 2: SOTFS

Anons I finally got myself a copy of Dark Souls 2: SOTFS for $9.89. What am I getting myself into ?

>Dark souls thread

Attached: images - 2019-08-10T003349.921.jpg (616x353, 32K)

You bought the best Souls game. Have fun, OP.

Just a shit game. My condolences

You bought the only Souls game worth playing. Have fun, OP.

regret

One of the best ONLINE action rpgs on PC right now, but play it ONLINE, invade and summon, have fun

its a HUGE game, 3 great dlcs and a cool main quest

But user I got it for PS4

Best Dark Souls game for PvP.

capitalizing words makes your language resemble a conservative boomer's facebook post

It's a comfy game, have fun OP

Attached: 42e.gif (500x364, 983K)

OP here, a few background on me.

>Never played a single souls game.
>Only played Bloodborne because I own a snoystation and I loved it, even though it was very frustrating at times
>I played Sekiro recently. Haven't finished it yet, but enjoying it so far
>I got this for PS4 because my console is taking up dirt and I wanted to play something on it. And it was cheap.

So, how good/bad will the game be for me anons ?

It's more of a Action RPG adventure than "Souls" game.

Attached: 1565265964138.jpg (617x630, 62K)

DS2 is easier than Bloodborne and Sekiro, so you should be fine

Looks, plays, and feels as empty as one of those mid 2000s single player RPGs for the ps2

It's a weird game. But its alright, and can be a lot of fun.

Not going to say its the best but youre set up for one of the best vidya experiences

But ye its the best

>He fell for it

Attached: 1558217771114.png (540x641, 266K)

Much better than this shitstain of a game.

Attached: 220px-Demon's_Souls_Cover.jpg (220x260, 19K)

It's a good game
Infinitely more replayable than 1 and 3

Remember to level up ADP to about 20 as soon as possible. They had a really smart idea of tying i-frames to a stat so dodging will feel really shit for you if you don't bring that agility up.

Forgive me user, but what is ADP ?

A ridiculously unfinished Frankenstein of a game with poor craftmanship and more fuck ups than you can count that only got initially high scores due to its name and the franchise's rabid fanbase.

Something that is more fun to laugh at than it is to play.

Attached: DS2 in a nutshell.jpg (1920x1080, 606K)

Adaptabilty

I have 700 hours in DaS 2 and sadly, you are right.

I don't know what makes a "souls" game if Ds2 isn't one, I like this description. It's the only game that feels like a grand adventure around the world and not just fucking around a castle backyard. Completely okay if some people like that, I just personally liked the more varied environments.

What's the point of this screen? Empty pots?

My most played dark souls, over 120 hours or so
Clocked 60 on the first and 27on 3rd, to finish them

Dark Souls 2 was the most disappointing thing since my son. I mean, how much more could you possibly fuck up the sequel to Dark Souls? And while my son eventually hanged himself in the bathroom of the gas station, the unfortunate reality of the Dark Souls sequels is that they'll be around. Forever. They will never go away. It can never be undone.

That pot is full with turds and was taken from DS1 where it only appeared in your starting cell as the Chosen Undead's toilet.
They recycled that asset for DS2 but apparently no one who worked on the game ever checked its inside or asked himself why that pot only appeared in that one location and so they just copypasted it across the game world.
In other words: the game is full of shit.

Attached: 20160926214758_1.jpg (1920x1080, 515K)

OH BOI!!! $9.89!? WHERE DID YOU BOUGHT IT !??? THAT'S SUPER CHEAP !!!

Anyone who spent an insane amount of time on the pve portion will naturally come to that conclusion. The problem is people who spent most of their hours on the pvp tend to think the game is good because the devs spent all their time fine tuning that portion while neglecting the rest.

Attached: lSai5q6.jpg (1440x900, 364K)

Janky combat that pretty much asks you to cheese instead of playing fair

Rationalizing is a way to cope
But leadsto wrong conclusions. Do not do it, lest you be stunted and end up in DS3 hell

Kek thats the whole fucking franchise

Playstation summer sale user, in our country, games are sometimes fairly cheap

I have no idea what you are trying to mean but at least DS3 has its mechanics stabilized unlike DS2 where even the jumping is bugged.

I've spent a fuckton of time in pve and still this game is my favorite of the series, fucking fight me

Attached: kcrimson.png (480x480, 16K)

That's pretty fucking funny.

Going to feel clunky after those two. If you like the faster gameplay you should try 3 instead. 1 is still worth to play whatever you think of 2, and you can get the remaster for modern systems.
DS2 is easily the worst one

Aye prepare to roll is balanced around rolling

ligma

Don't listen to anybody in this thread, the majority will be empty opinions and bandwagonners. Just play it.

>DS2 is easily the worst one
Not anymore

worst souls game but still a great game, has a lot of cool shit that unfortunately never carried over to 3

It's only empty opinions and bandwagoning becase you like the game, huh?

>empty opinions
Not as empty as DS2's locations.

Attached: 20190303193908_1.jpg (1920x1080, 258K)

You don't get it, it's supposed to be empty, because it's was not empty at one point and now it is, don't you see how deep it is?
please ignore that every other room in this castle is like that

Better than DS3