Video Games

What are some RPG games where you actually feel like you're on a grand adventure that gives you a massive dopamine rush when you get a new weapon/skill?

party needs to be likable too

Attached: 1541857331920.jpg (4392x4252, 2.4M)

dq8

gothic 1/2
1 for sure

Attached: 1547654350731.png (1264x3672, 495K)

I'd love to play this game ngl

Battle brothers

pure reddit
even got Apus name wrong

I second Battle Brothers. No other game has made me feel like a mercenary adventurer in quite the same way.

>sir
>reddit
you can stop pretending to fit in now newfag

SaGa games.

wew lad
that's cool

you know i can't actually remember a game that felt like a grand adventure. i know a few started off feeling like that but then the game mechanics seep in and it doesn't seem so grand anymore

Attached: eiy.webm (480x270, 2.87M)

shit console with a fantastic library

Dragon quest 11 did for me.

Something like this happened to me when playing Kenshi but I had to come up with my own objective and party members. The weapons I got were mostly stolen too.
I decided I'd travel to a certain zone of the world so I packed rations, sleeping bags and shit, but got murdered and eaten alive halfway through. It was the most fun I had in a setting like this in a while

baldur's gate
icewind dale

Mount & Blade and Legends of Eisenwald do it for me.
I just love the concept of recruiting literal peasants and turning them into a powerful army.

Modded Skyrim, when I end up installing a ton of quest mods at the same time and purposefully don't look up how to start or go through any of them. Then it's just me wandering through the same generic places I've been hundreds of times and some sprawling questline starts up out of nowhere.

Blue dragon

Why are RPGs called RPGs? Every game with a protagonist player character is a role-playing game

Because they're called RPGs.

>pepis
his name is apu you fucking newfag

Attached: Asuka Disapproves.jpg (215x204, 16K)

but what exactly maes them rpgs

Because their combat system and stories were based on tabletop RPGs. This board really is full of children now.

Being called RPGs. That's how words work.

So if I create a 2d platformer-FPS-VN and call it an rpg, is it one?

I know where it comes from but the name is inaccurate and misleading

If everyone else did it as well, yeah. Like literally meaning the fucking opposite of itself thanks to dumbass goddamn americans now.

"literally" didn't change its meaning, it's just often used in a joking and hyperbolic manner

And I'm sure idiot is a purely medical term still, as well. Words change. Deal with it, sped.

Ys.

it's different because no one says "idiot" as an actual medical term anymore

And why is that? Do I need to hold your hand every step of the way? You see an obvious conclusion, fucking get to it.

when I say "good" in a joking manner, it doesn't change the definition of the word "good" does it?

Are you 300 million people?
No, you fucking retard. Nobody cares what you do.

saying "literally" to mean the opposite is a fringe usage

if you're done wasting time with your asinine questions, this is where we left off