Try tf2

>try tf2
>Its fun but generic, feels old
>Rocket jumping etc is gimmicky
>Have to pay hundreds for cosmetics and guns
Then I tried OW and fell in love instantly. I dont know why you fags hate it, the cosmetics, taunts and everything else drops and its not some p2w bullshit either. I cant get instagibbed by Embassador or lose because someones shotgun has built in crits or gives them flight

Attached: the-team-fortress-2-is-better-than-overwatch-because-starter-28220834.png (500x566, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Achievement_items
clugu.com/tf2mate/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bait thread, try harder

Its not a bait though, tf2 is p2w

You can get every weapon for around a dollar, and since a key is worth ~40+ refs these days, you can trade in that key and turn those 40+ refs in 13+ hats.

Also the best weapons in game are the default ones with some exceptions being:
>crossbow
>ubersaw
>gunboats
>iron bomber
>bazaar bargain
And that's really it.

Also come back here when you put 1000 hours on overwatch and be honest whether you regret it or not.

no one cares or ever cared about tf2

No thanks, I like having actual control over my character's weapon loadouts, [x]-jumping manipulation, modded servers and not having the easy Q-button out for everything beyond maybe Uberhealing.

I will admit that TF2 isn't as good as it used to be. But Overwatch will never be nearly as good as classic TF2.

They're both irrelevant. TF2 was good when it came out and OW was never good.

Attached: 1562353061716.jpg (640x563, 32K)

There are P2W taunts

>Spend a dollar on TF2
>Get every weapon
>Meanwhile Overwatch demands full triple A pricetag

TF2 Pre-customization shits all over Overwatch

Overwatch is trash but I wish I were Pharah so I could get bleached by anons 24/7

>Full triple A pricetag
>19.99

the fuck is with the bottom text? is this retard talking with himself?

me, when i play team fortress 2 and say random internet memes and racist comments over voice chat:

Attached: mask soy.webm (889x500, 2.87M)

TF2 used to be a great game, overwatch was always shit

Do you expect me to be able to read the bottom right?

No one's going to take this bait seriously when you talk about the Ambassador like that. I never see anyone using that gun now

i miss the mask be was a combination of the joker from batman and deadpool but even more insane than the other two combined

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the achievements for (some of the) new weapons still in the game? I distinctly remember that when new weapons were introduced, you could simply get them by getting specific achievements. And don't the weapons added after that point just drop through gameplay as well?

If you get hit by the instant kill taunts, you either have the spatial awareness of a blind turtle or you are playing degroot and facing off against heavies with the christmas gloves. You should stop playing degroot.

Attached: matchmakingfags.png (600x500, 14K)

>overwatch
>character with an ice beam that literally freezes people in place

gonna be a hard NO from me

>2FORT 24/7
>IDLE NO KILL
>DEATHRUN
>0 players
woah, what a selection

>I dont know why you fags
ACCOUNT HAS BEEN BANNED OR SUSPENDED
REASON: HOMOPHOBIC SLURS
THANK YOU FOR PLAYING OVERWATCH

>TF2
wtf? People still play this 15 year old game??

FORT 24/7
>>IDLE NO KILL
>>DEATHRUN
players
>woah, what a selection

Attached: crop.png (600x421, 6K)

Any Overshits explain whats going on here?

Attached: whathefug.jpg (1920x1080, 452K)

I play both Overwatch and TF2 and love both equally, although TF2 slightly like more since you can customize the characters more instead of being stuck with reskins of the same limited powers.
Unironically, made a Hanzo cosplay of Sniper with the bow too.

>girl with lolis written on her chest
hmm, maybe Overwatch is worth it...

Hovercrotch is somehow both overbuilt and shallow. Also really goddamn slow-paced.

I've spent hours looking for a vanilla stock rotation tf2 community server with actual players so i could use mods and came up completely empty outside of the furry pound on the east coast, even the servers uncle dane started hosting had zero players 90% of the time, the entire time i felt like i was looking for a gold nugget in an immeasurable pile of shit along the lines of 24/7 highertower brony deathrun FREE ITEMS all crits servers but please tell me how i didn't look hard enough

Attached: HOAMDXV.png (353x372, 276K)

Never once played Overcuck but it seems like the person playing is defending the point and the opposing team is trying killing him to take the objective?

POW, AHAH

The best TF2 weapons are generally stock

>all weapons in the game outside of reskins can be obtained as weapon drops
>can get every weapon in the game for less than a dollar
so bait?

blizzard adding cute and funny characters when?
not just for the sfm potential i swear

Attached: 1562467974911.gif (450x250, 1.98M)

Hey, at least when I play TF2, I can take a piss and not get kicked.

what does this even mean? its a core movement mechanic for soldier.

>lobbies and champ.gg are empty
>tf2pickup.net is still dead
>matchmaking is fucked beyond salvation
>still craving that tingling sensation of getting gud when playing against people way out of your league
fuck my entire life I guess

Attached: wafer.webm (896x504, 2.77M)

It's reddit incarnate.

Tf2 alredy won with the introduction of Olivia Mann. Busted some thick mutts to that sfm cunny

You started too late.
They progressively made the game less fun,
though i still prefer it over Overwatch.

You're forgetting a few.

>atomizer
>escape plan
>GRU
>wrangler
>kritz and vacc (not STRICTLY better but extremely powerful and necessary for a pub medic to have versatile strategies)

there's almost a dozen straight upgrades or extremely powerful sidegrades in this game that any new player should have. this is a natural flaw of the game and has been for years. the "hurr all unlocks are sidegrades or downgrades" shit has been wrong for a long time

>atomizer
>pussy pick
>post nerf GRU
>straight upgrades

Attached: 1549745445899.jpg (800x800, 42K)

wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Achievement_items

It's a shitty watermark from websites such as me.me and onsizzle, usually this means that OP stole the image from Google Images.

Attached: 1485044614983.jpg (1607x928, 1.32M)

>This achievement item is no longer available due to the game having shut down.

Attached: 1421068953835.jpg (555x545, 72K)

Try MGE
personally I only fight people with 300 more elo than me if they're available

MGE is completely sterile, soulless practice that gets you nowhere
fun, sure, but it's not gonna get you anywhere

>want to play tf2 with my bros
>tf2's shitty optimization and tangled code makes the game run at sub 30 fps
ITS NOT FAIR BROS

Attached: 8449231f500b1604118ca0587bdeab1c.jpg (540x545, 27K)

Are you playing on a powerPC II or something?

the shitty pc thing is ironic since overwatch runs better than tf2

Not that user, but the game genuinely runs worse than it used to. It is pretty sad. I don't have a great computer or anything, but it is better than my old computer which could easily run tf2 at max settings at 60+fps. Now, despite having a better computer than I used to, AND THE GAME ACTIVELY LOOKING WORSE THAN IT USED TO, the game runs at sub 60fps and gets constant stuttering on top of that.

Because the gameplay itself is pretty infuriating because it's been balanced into blandness to maintain e-sport status
TF2, at least in the past, was fun because of how bullshit it was, a complete lack of balance or esport aspirations

>Pootis POW
I'm still mad my Uber on Dustbowl last was stopped by this

clugu.com/tf2mate/

>play overwatch
>everyone has to be really obtusely passive aggressive at one another to avoid getting put in time out by blizzard
>never talk to any of my teammates because I never feel the need to and none of them ever say anything interesting
>know that if I or anyone else were to ever say what was really on our minds about one another we'd be swiftly banned for toxicity

>play TF2
>one person micspamming on each team, two people arguing about contemporary politics, constant shit-talking and discussions ranging from the banal to the intense. Good mix of chilled out people, underage children, and lunatic furries. every match is different
>can tell a teammate that I'm going to cave his head in with a rock if he doesn't put me out when I'm on fire and never have to worry about the consequences of my actions
It's not even about being able to say slurs. it's about the principle of the matter. It's cathartic to yell at someone in a casual match and then stalk their steam profile to see if they play any embarrassing games. That's missing from Overwatch. Blizzard really fucked up.

Attached: k on.jpg (956x960, 79K)

>spend 4 seasons in Overwatch
>got to top500 as Zen
>if the game was not shit to begin with Blizzard made everything in their power to make it so
I'd like to take a bait and start sperging how and why OW is garbage and how tf2 is shit but still better, but it's just beyond me at this point.
have a reply in your thread at least.

>TF2 keeps lagging despite being on the lowest settings
>then again it's a potato laptop so what am I expecting
>for shits and giggles, I put all the settings to max
>somehow runs wayyyy better

you need to go back

ROCKET JUMPING IS NOT GIMMICKY YOU LITTLE SHIT

IT IS THE OPPOSITE THING TO A GIMMICK, A GIMMICK DOESNT AFFECT EVERY ROUND OF FUCKING GAMEPLAY

IF YOU WERE GOING TO SAY ANYTHING IS A GIMMICK ITS CRITS, YOU LITTLE SHIT I OUGHT TO STRANGLE YOU

Attached: 1523659966025.png (1056x1032, 86K)

they're both bad for different reasons

post loadouts.

Attached: sniper.png (1553x697, 172K)

good b8

There are a shit load of exceptions to this. Especially in the melee slots.

>fell in love instantly
okay redditor

>tfw OW is gonna get abandon once OW2 launches
>post yfw TF2 outlived OW

hey grandpa, if it wasn't an exploit there would be a button assigned to it. you fucking cheater. Play a real character

TF2 has outlived an enormous amount of games by now

Are halloween servers with the horseman up? I'm missing a lot of these stuff. What keywords do I use to search them for?

I wanted to give overwatch a shot but there's so much visual clutter it's disgusting. I don't know how people slam tf2's hats and shit when the inherent visuals of overwatch are way worse

Attached: 1552882274117.jpg (1290x706, 212K)

The only reason people still play TF2 is because of sunk cost fallacy

I don't see how backcapping dustbowl c last as a box spy counts as p2w

Most modern games don't have devs who care about visual clarity anymore.

>definitely had the Spiral Nights and Alien Swarm hats
>no idea where they've gone

Attached: 1565078682619.jpg (637x445, 44K)

>It's not pay to win!!
>Look there is only a few weapons better than default!!
>And they're really cheap like one dollar
>Not PAY to win

Snake eater strat works on 2fort

Only for like, Medic, maybe Engineer I would say Spy but not anymore
shit stock really is that good now, isn't it? even good weapons aren't even better than stock, they just offer a different playstyle

>extra jump with melee vs having slightly higher dps on melee
gee i wonder which one i should pick!

Yep that's pretty much it. Team's Orisa is holding the objective and Baptiste has dropped his immortality field (the floating thing) keeping your HP above 80hp before it depletes.

I've never fucking understood the complaint about visual clutter, at worst its overbearing, but's pretty easy to see what's going on.

>he doesn't know

>Especially in melee slots

Attached: gwenpool.jpg (340x346, 75K)

Pre-F2P TF2 was one of the greatest games of all time. Now it's for Brazilians, kids and turbo autists (and OW is already pretty autistic too) but that doesn't mean we should forget the times we had on party van servers back in the day.

Attached: scoot family.gif (1200x675, 1.96M)

Scout: Melee has upgrades
Soldier: Melee has upgrades
Pyro: Melee has upgrades, also you can't do shit against a Heavy with just stock
Demoman: Plenty of people consider the Iron Bomber an upgrade
Heavy: Melee has upgrades, so is having a self-heal
Engineer: Wrangler is an upgrade
Medic: Melee has upgrades
Sniper: Not sure (really don't play Sniper much)
Spy: Spy-cicle is an upgrade

tf2 is pay to win because, if you have two players, one who spends money, one who doesnt, the guy who spends money will be massively advantaged
for example: the free to play player cant heal across large distances without crusaders crossbow

iirc there's some trade minecraft map that has horsemann spawning once in a while, don't remember the name though, so search for trade_minecraft

>one guys plays the game for a year and spends no money
>Some other guy picks it up and drops $1
If both of these guys pick the same class and go up against each other, do you honestly think the latter is going to win?

>Have to pay hundreds for cosmetics and guns
You're being disingenuous
Why start with such a premise if it's simply not true?

you dumb fucking nigger gorilla

Cuz Blizzbabies are genuinely retarded

>Spy-cicle is an upgrade
not after the slient kill was removed, in Pubs the Spy-cicle is a straight upgrade in Comp from what I understand because I don't play comp, the Stock is taken over the Spy-cicle because Spies are basically kamikazes with their job to get a pick and then die
the only ones I wouldn't argue is the Sandvich but now the banana exist so eh and the wrangler and the ubersaw, but those aren't gamebreaking for a 10 year old F2P game

Medic, Heavy, Engineer, possibly sniper.

>former has a year of experience and will have gotten weapons anyway through playing a year
Dumb scenario. Even then though, if you pit two engies against each other, my money is going to be on the one who can place mini-sentries.

Attached: file.png (753x549, 174K)

Comp probably doesn't see much Spy-cicle play because Pyros are so rare. It's not as though the thing's only downside is going to matter in comp because players are going to alert their team of spies the second they get backstabbed anyway.

>Its fun but generic
In what way is it generic? The only other game like it is Overwatch.

How is it a gimmick when it's one of the most consistent and utilized mechanics in the game? It's increased mobility paid for with damage. Not only is it balanced, it has a tremendous skill ceiling.

> I cant get instagibbed by Embassador or lose because someones shotgun has built in crits or gives them flight
There is no weapon you can't get just from playing the game. You don't have to spend a cent.

>for example: the free to play player cant heal across large distances without crusaders crossbow
You can craft the crusader's crossbow.
You know that, right?

>my money is going to be on the one who can place mini-sentries.
Then craft a fucking gunslinger.

And what's a new player supposed to craft with?

Hell why should new players be even expected to learn a fucking crafting system just to play a shooter on level ground?

why reply to overwatch defense force zoomers justifying their shit game?

Attached: aerodynamics of a cow.jpg (520x403, 69K)

>get back into tf2 after a 3 year hiatus
>recall loving payload race
>plr_hightower
>valve server
>everyone yells and screams at me for pushing the cart
>move do a different plr server
>same thing
>assume its just a hightower thing and look for another plr map
>there aren't any being played

Attached: 1564078343551.jpg (566x539, 39K)

Who the hell said anything about new players? You said F2P.

But to answer your question, new players can eat fucking dirt for all I care. God knows I did. Either learn the game or don't.

hightower players are a bunch of autists who are just there to farm kills for their stranges

If the person hasn't already obtained the weapon then it goes without saying they are still new to the game. Also most of the weapons they receive when starting out aren't going to be duplicates so they aren't going to have much they can use for crafting unless they're willing to destroy weapons they only have one of.

Because it's funny.

ive never played overwatch

Attached: Annotation 2019-08-10 022836.png (813x251, 125K)

And to reiterate my point, I don't give a flying fuck about new players. If they want to unlock the shiny new toys, they'll have to go through the terrible misfortune of having to play the game.

seriously? with crit rates being so high on melee weapons?

TF2 is garbage.

It's a dumbed down version of TFC which was a dumbed down version of QWTF which was a dumbed down version of Quake.

Team Fortress is literally Quake if you can only hold one weapon at a time (because weapon selection is too hard for casuals). It's almost much slower and dumbed down in general and of course it's an objective based team game so casuals always have something to blame when they lose.

TF2 is fucking garbage for casual retards.

>max graphic settings
>usually 90fps, sometimes dips below 50 on terribly optimized maps
>lowest graphic settings
>somehow runs worse, even crashed a few times
I don't understand

its le BASED Yea Forums game that only PATRICIANS play with BASED taste

Furry pound is unironically one of the best active server left. Just disable sprays.

You get those weapons via free random drops of which you can get 10+ daily and they're actually 2 to 6 cents on the steam marketplace

Zarya is standing in Baptiste's protection barrier that prevents her from dying while Brigette attacks her as a friendly Orisa stands on the Payload firing at Winston as all four contest for the point. Symmetra and Ashe(?) can also be seen

I would rather be stereotyped as a child than a tranny/bugman

>>Have to pay hundreds for cosmetics and guns
Excuse me?

Attached: 1565397917397.jpg (320x368, 14K)

The reason people slam tf2's hats is because the game started out with such an amazing aesthetic that was slowly eroded over time.

Overwatch was like that from the get-go. TF2 devolved into what it is.

Attached: 1560572824449.gif (500x282, 155K)

Play Overwatch and you can be stereotyped as all 3.

This, but unironically.

I can tell the guy who did this likes OW tumblr esque yaoi """comics""" not that there aren't TF2 ones tho

Snort

>last arena server in my region (actual arena, not VSH) died 6 years ago
I miss it bros

Basically the only people who still play TF2 are hatfags. If it wasn't for hats the game would have died 10 years ago

I have never once seen the game look anything close to that bad. Talk about cherry picking.

hats are more accessible to the average player than ever before..

ONE KEY
ONE
can buy you 36 normal hats

TF2 is propped by hatfags.

It's cycled by people who get nostalgic and reinstall it every 3 months.

This is beautiful

Attached: engie.webm.png (723x374, 287K)

>Sandvich
>wrangler
>ubersaw
Which is a moot point since they are unlocks anyway

I'm a fucking idiot

quarter-based

>engie.webm.png

Attached: 1300223570208.jpg (310x440, 132K)

technically it is p2w

Attached: GPHvioo.jpg (610x343, 44K)

the game is cpu heavy because its source and because its bloated

hey, psst, you there
yore ugleh

Attached: ugleh.gif (480x270, 1.85M)

You get constant unlocks of weapons for free and the weapons are like a couple cents each from the market.
And you only need to buy them once, updates with new shit happens so rarely that its hardly a money sink unless you are a retard and actually use cosmetics.

NOOOOO YOU CAN'T CALL SOMEONE A NIGGER OR FAGGOT IN CHAT THAT'S OFFENSIVE
NOOO YOU CAN'T GO AFK DURING A COMP MATCH TO ANSWER THE PHONE, MY SR NUMBER WONT BE AS HIGH

Attached: angry soyjak.jpg (1080x1020, 72K)

If it was an exploit there wouldn't be items specifically built around it.

only took you 5 hours to parse a static screenshot
now do that in a split second during gameplay

You're getting baited, son. I don't think he could have laid it on any thicker.

Yeah I can't fucking help my self sometimes

I took my own as well as the accounts of the 4 friends who quit and just hard troll with them. I get an account banned after about 10-20 matches of just mei walling my team off, running around as torb with a hammer, or talking about how trump is going to deport them. By the time I get banned, another account gets unbanned.

There really is nothing like making overwatch players more miserable than they already are.

yes you have retard every game is like that. every hero except for a small few like McCree have gigantic eye-raping particle effects and abilities, every enemy has a huge red outline and a huge red name above them with a huge health bar, it's absolutely fucked. you're just too fucking retarded to notice it.
fuck you.

>innovative new genre defining game on its release
>generic

Heavy is still unusable without GRU and Tomislav (depending on whether or not you have a pocket), even with the nerf.

>this thread

Attached: 1564724576116.jpg (756x1100, 209K)

Playing video games isnt gonna get you anywhere retard.

Overwatch is a never ending tang commercial.

Attached: 213b61a43ea3f61ac580359da90e067f67def55436d7ca16de87097e1cb5851c.jpg (299x300, 14K)

Attached: file.png (1544x877, 261K)

RIP Sandman

Attached: 8C6E0338FF2425D8E2CF1072A46D5FDC565A0D50.jpg (2560x1440, 231K)

>Play Hightower with the squad
>Valve server
>We cap
>Tell the autistic kids to go to a server that specifically disables capping
>They can't get the vote kick on us because they can't muster a majority vote
Feels good.

Attached: HAHAHAHAHAHA.gif (200x150, 2.59M)