Are these good? they didn't ruin anything did they? thinking of getting these for the switch

are these good? they didn't ruin anything did they? thinking of getting these for the switch

also spyro/crash thread

Attached: 1.jpg (1799x1009, 675K)

didn't play either but I heard both were very solid remasters

yep, im thinking its subway time

they're good remakes
physics in Crash aren't 1:1 with the original but you'll get adjusted to them

faggot

They are decent, Crash 1 isn't 1:1 but other than that they replace the originals

Haven't played Spyro's yet, I heard 3 was dogshit cause it was outsourced.

Crash is great. As remakes go, it's almost as good as it could be.

so the first 2 spyros are ok but they just randomly outsourced the last? why?

Time constraints. Spyro is massive compared to Crash and i think they were given the same amount of time as Crash

they were pressured to release the game like three months earlier

They have no soul.

Crash is very much solid if you don't mind the rounded hitboxes making levels like the bridge a bit harder, otherwise it's barely noticeable.

Spyro might push it with the creative differences and YotD's bugs, otherwise they're also very much high-effort remakes as well.

>they replace the originals
Fucking lol, no they really don't.

Sure they have nicer graphics, but designs and music have changed. Its no longer the spyro or crash it once was.

The gameplay is outdated so nostalgia is really the only reason you would want to play these games , but they fucked it up.

>but they fucked it up.
how so?

What are 3's issues exactly? I've been having fun with it like the rest.

Music is fucked up, graphics ruins the aesthetic in both games (spyro is worse with the fortnite graphics), both are unfinished messes (mostly the sequels). I wouldn't play them over the originals

By destroying the nostalgia.

Crash sound fx have changed and its immediately noticeable when collecting items. Specifically the bonus level items. The games based around collecting these items so it stands out. Instead of going this is just like I remember, you instead think that sounds bad. After collecting said items crashes new animations when he exits a portal are obnoxious which only rubs salt in the wound. You feel all this after only 1 level and they expect you to play 3 games worth of this shit.

Spyro has tumblr dragons.

>Spyro has tumblr dragons.
?

Let's say that they were unable to replicate the old skyboxes

they were literally designed by gay furfags

I recently started Crash and it seems really good so far on PC though I'm not super far in.
Played Spyro on PS4 Pro. 1 is a fucking amazing and loving re-imagining of the original game in HD. The problem is that Spyro 1 is the only one that Toys for Bob worked on entirely on their own without outsourcing.
Spyro 2 was partially outsourced. The hub worlds are well done. However, the levels were all noticeably worse than 1's.
I didn't even bother with 3 since I knew it was fully outsourced.

Spyro 1 is a fantastic remake but wait for a price drop because you're ultimately only buying 1 worthwhile game with 2 dead weights attached.

Attached: Spyro Reignited Trilogy_20181114120841.jpg (3840x2160, 716K)

The physics changes make Crash unplayable for me but its probably not noticeable if you haven't played the originals in years.
The originals look better if you emulate them and you wont have to put up with the terrible new art and sounds

they're great except for crash 1 which is a piece of shit

they didn't outsource all of 3, just the side character missions

n. sane trilogy depends on who who ask, personally the new physics, art style, and rounded hit boxes make it a much worse experience than the original with crash 1 as the only exception

reignited plays way better, is super stylized, and just all around great. unfortunately the color theory is all gone so it may look technically better it is much more generic, the ui is ugly and flat (same goes for crash) and a lot of the character designs are just ugly. personally I think its slightly better than the originals just for the refined controls, but the originals are still more than fine

>somewhat excited for Spyro on PC
>reading all this about 3 being the worst remake
>3 was my favourite game
bros... how bad is it really....

Attached: ss+(2018-08-25+at+04.03.38).jpg (412x404, 45K)

Attached: nstsoulless.png (1000x945, 1.31M)

The fact that they added post launch dlc that allows you to buy gems with real money is pretty gross. Completely removes any sense of accomplishment.

So? If the designs hold up they're fine. I dont need le ebin "soulless" meme to at least know what the fuck Nestor looks like among the 75 or so Dragons in the entire game

Attached: file.png (1024x889, 783K)

3 sucked to begin with, people are just realising it with the remakes

Current year spyro

Attached: 66369746_157610618716125_5980129796978815241_n.jpg (640x640, 70K)

im just upset that they put all the effort into the dragons and none of the other characters, especially the enemies

the original crash games look infinitely better than the remake, spyro is better in some but worse in others (rip color theory)

>I heard 3 was dogshit cause it was outsourced
Too bad its characters are somehow better than 2s downy fawn

>Music is fucked up
Use the original dip

>3 was dogshit
Not really, just more glitchy than 1 and 2. Most of them were fixed by the update.

For what they are, they're good. They make some nice improvements that make playing them a bit smoother and the graphics are nice. Once you start getting into the nitty gritty details some problems can pop up that keep them from being the definitive versions for me, just very nice alternatives. At the very least I think they're better than the SotC remake is, which I feel misses the mark both visually and from a gameplay perspective.
The Switch port of Crash is decent enough, though enough cutbacks are made that you have to wonder if it was even worth it since the big draw is the graphics.

Replacing the chests in Spyro 1 was retarded, the high poly urns and boxes in 2 are great looking

>playing the Crash trilogy for the first time
>reach this level
AAAAAND DROPPED

Attached: fuck bike levels.jpg (1024x576, 176K)

It's easy, m8

Crash 3 was the worst one and shit like this is why

I don’t know why everyone says this level is so hard, I generally avoided going for platinums on NTR and I platinumed the SHIT out of Area 51.

Wait, just how bad is the Spyro 3 remaster?

Attached: 1sneaking.jpg (1280x720, 175K)

Not very. Still fun.

They were my exposure to both series and I love them, even if I prefer some of the games in the trilogy to others. Still need to get back to Spyro 3 though.

Attached: 1549113868959.jpg (917x1016, 161K)

Crash remake is incredible how much they got right. A very solid game in its own right. Haven't played the Spyro remakes yet but I absolutely adore the original games.

Only played Spyro. I still prefer the original aesthetic but its still worth getting

i kinda like the vehicles levels, i just wish there was a better balance on the amount of each one
>Bike and jetski has 4 levels each
>Meanwhile there's only 2 Pura levels, who are easily he best ones

I feel you.
I enjoy the vehicle levels, and I like that having more than one level per vehicle means you can have an easier one to introduce the mechanic and some harder ones to implement unique obstacles, but it’s tough to balance that with variety.
Frankly, I think the main games should have a few old and a few returning vehicles each game, with a small number of levels per vehicle, and more available as DLC or later edition ($5 bucks for another 10 bike levels would be awesome for people who like those, and you wouldn’t have to buy those and, say, plane levels if you didn’t like them). But, this is Activision we’re talking about.

I wish Warped had more levels in general, and more vehicle levels spanning additional periods of time, with motorcycles in the 1950s but also the 80s and modern day, for example. But I would have given all of that to have Coco in her biker costume from the promo/concept art.

The plane levels are the only actually bad ones.

How well would a completed Crash Twinsanity on the PS4 hold up against Crash 2? (It doesn't matter if it's PS1 or PS4)

would be kino but id rather have a brand new game in the style of twinsanity