Cod modern warfare to be 115 GB

>cod modern warfare to be 115 GB
How are these games anywhere over 20 GB in size fuck me make it stop

Attached: 18461349146.jpg (420x410, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/WD-Blue-1TB-Hard-Drive/dp/B0088PUEPK/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=1tb hard drive&qid=1565377535&s=gateway&sr=8-3
youtube.com/watch?v=ZfWwCfN8TO0
artstation.com/artwork/qbOqP
youtube.com/watch?v=mqHwJSsmCBc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>120gb for 4 hours of content

Attached: 0yJfSn__Y2bGkg9zshnzZ4gHJlqjMaWaC7Ml8L9Mbyg.jpg (640x480, 62K)

It's not from the amount of content. It's just lack of compression. There's no effort in conserving space or optimizing performance, just a big bloated mess that retards will buy anyway.

Graphics and Resolution.
90% of the size relates to these two factors.

70GB of uncompressed audio in numerous languages. It's always that shit.

"why do higher poly models and higher resolution textures, as well as high quality sound effects and music take up more file size"

if you want smaller file sizes and the quality to match it then fuck off back to playing ps1 games you fucking faggot

Attached: 1565141194353.png (281x326, 171K)

Wish steam would introduce this, being able to select how much grafix and different languages of audio to download.

The larger the file size the shitter the game

>cod
kek kill yourself

You gotta download those 4k textures despite playing on 1080p goy

Ever heard of compression you stupid guido retard

it's just uncompressed textures and uncompressed audio files. cod is the worst example for this shit. they just cut the effort to compress it because their

lol my tv is 4k what now lil bitch

Same.
Im fucking tired of installing 40GB of 4k textures that i will never and language i cant even udnderstand.

yes compression that leaves ugly purple and green artifacting on textures or better yet the audio compression in games like fallout 4 where you can literally hear the bitcrushing in the dialogue mmm yess

you must live in the third world because you clearly have no standards

>"why do higher poly models and higher resolution textures, as well as high quality sound effects and music take up more file size"
If that is true, then why some recent games take fery few space, like Sekiro taking only 20 GB of space?

lol who the hell plays cod in 2019. The franchise hasn’t been relevant since black ops 2

lots of assets get reused

disregard, i suck cocks

Because they don't pay Bink to compress their videos
And instead of having different audio tracks, usually they just have the video included for every language.
In full quality.
And full filesize

>There's no effort in conserving space or optimizing performance, just a big bloated mess that retards will buy anyway.
This

I can also guarantee this is why games have become buggier and developer quality has dropped. Instead of constantly testing a game to make sure it's playable and still looks good while also being compressed as much as possible, they just shit out unnecessary 4K textures, don't bother optimising the work and tell you to deal with it.

Battlefield has died, fortnite is for kids and csgo is for 3rd worlders.
Cod is somehow still going on a decade old case of copy paste but at least they're planning 64 man servers with vehicles now to invite the battlefield audience.

Attached: 5dmc.jpg (600x338, 52K)

Resident Evil 2 and DMCV are fucking beautiful and they're like what 30GB each?

Seriously, the RE Engine is as good as the Fox Engine. I hope it gets used a fuckton by people even outside of Capcom.

Also I've dug through the files of some of these games, with bloat cut out of them a lot of them are like 6-25gb

It's uncompressed audio you retard
There is plenty of 40h games with detailed models and textures that don't exceed 30GB

Some say they don't compress audio on purpose to discourage pirating

>Some say they don't compress audio on purpose to discourage pirating
This is stupid, it genuinely discourages me from buying certain games. Anything over 60GB is an immediate no.

And the same does COD and many other games that weght over 100 GB
So whats the difference?

They do it because people think bigger size means more content

Software bloats faster than hardware expands and there is nothing we can do

Attached: 1565130673012.png (1200x400, 82K)

Does anyone remember the article were Rockstar and EA devs said it's done on purpose to force you to uninstall other games, and have a higher chance of you uninstalling their game due to the sheer size you'd need to redownload? I've tried finidng it but can't remember what it's called.

Attached: 1444247551331.jpg (1024x768, 67K)

This, FF XIII is a pefect example of how bad developers can ahndle this shit. 70 GB for a 2008 console game.

So it took them 11 years to do something that WaW and UO already did? How innovative

It's to deter piracy you brainlets.

>should we make the game 15 gb and able to run on toasters for everyone to enjoy
>or make it over 0.1 TB and require a monster pc so only the elite can play?
>the elite has money to burn on microtransactions

Attached: 26033.png (210x230, 4K)

90% of it is unoptimized, uncompressed garbage and lots of inflated and useless files.

ACTIVISION and other companies have been doing that of late to force PC players to delete other games to play only theirs.
Its kinda Criminal at this rate, and this shit FUCKS with SSD's and common hard drives badly.

Maybe, but apparently it's done because of optimisation too, I read that they had huge drops when using compressed audio on consoles.

How exactly?

>Seriously, the RE Engine is as good as the Fox Engine. I hope it gets used a fuckton by people even outside of Capcom.

Meanwhile in the West...
>PoWeRed bY uNity DURRRRR
>pOwEred by Unreal
>Coding is HARD! Hurr, Moar reused Unreal assets!

It is frustrating, it really is. Even Slav coders using nothing but glue and popsicle sticks can accomplish more in their home made game engines than most western fucks can on fucking Unreal and for some reason Unity is being taught at Universities.

>Sekiro made me say "holy fuck" on FP level outloud
>12 gb
>nothing will ever impress me in CoD in terms of visuals
>over 100 Gb
why

Attached: 1534426970330.jpg (1024x768, 156K)

Just wait for the repacks bro :')

hard drives are cheap as shit now whats the problem?

amazon.com/WD-Blue-1TB-Hard-Drive/dp/B0088PUEPK/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=1tb hard drive&qid=1565377535&s=gateway&sr=8-3
>hurr i dont want more than one drive
well tough luck bucko

>got cod ww2 not knowing the file size
>90 fucking gb
>sit through the download, letting it cripple my net for hours
>uninstall after a few months
>next year feel like replaying the game
>dude 100 gb with updates lmao
>immediately lose interest again
It just works.

CoD has always run well on low end PCs. I play BLOP 4 just fine on my surface pro. Not even on low, on medium settings at 1080.

I get what you are saying.
Game is huge so you will uninstall other, better games to play it.
The download is on itself so fucking painful, people will be less likely to uninstall it.

Fallout 76 sure proved them wrong.

>We don't have to save space because you can just buy another harddrive bro
I have a 12 tb, and these companies still should fuck off, they don't have an excuse.

I don't really know what you guys are talking about, but check out these digits

>MHW and BOTW are less than 20gbs.
Ummmmmm.....

impressive digits

Attached: 1483800792332.png (630x806, 110K)

very nice

Attached: 1549295192835.png (500x583, 88K)

Oh Gets take me back...

Attached: 1565041590704.png (600x600, 314K)

Check my 6 cap

Attached: 6EFA5228-0044-41D6-833B-BBCE0D1DB375.jpg (4032x3024, 1.83M)

It’s because console storage space is limited so companies want to take as much space as possible to deter them from deleting the game
It’s the same reason RDR2 was over 100 GB, although it had a much better excuse for taking up so much space compared to CoD

n1ce

Attached: 300.gif (337x263, 3.96M)

It's because consoles have limited HDD space, people are more likely to pay for microtransactions in a game they're actively paying
So what do developers do? They inflate the size of the game to dissuade you from playing other games at the same time, then they give you daily and weekly quests to keep you playing it on the daily
This is all a deliberate attempt to psychologically nickel and dime you

Attached: 1545418733599.png (442x337, 214K)

Nice

BOTW is low poly, actually wish more AAA devs would give low poly a chance, it looks great if done well and saves space.
Wasn't mgsv a form of low poly too?

Attached: d-borf.jpg (750x747, 149K)

>what are repacks

Attached: Dubs.gif (350x255, 1.78M)

Yeah, you're forgetting the motivation behind it is that players are more likely to spend money in your game this way than another potential game

no it wont

Mr underage tripfag, do you even know that this practice FUCKS ROYALLY with SSD's?

Worse that Fallout 4 still uses 40gb with all stuff installed
76 is a fucking hog

Also, ONE user who got the AoEIIDE Beta said that the game is 100GB in size, compared to AOEDE which is roughly 16Gb in size
>

Attached: Half a gig size for a Animation.png (736x687, 66K)

fukken nice, mate

Attached: 1564167977797.jpg (362x452, 33K)

>sir, the alpha uild of the game is ready
>how big is it?
>just about 17 gb, sir
>17 won't cut it, the publisher wants us to make it at least 100
>100 gb? why? how do they expect us to do that? the game is as good as done
>i don't know, fill it up with something, i don't care

Attached: 85a.png (200x232, 85K)

>Some say they don't compress audio on purpose to discourage pirating
>It's to deter piracy you brainlets.
How does that even work when most people download the games through storefront clients anyways? The buyer will have to download the same amount as the pirate. If anything, the pirate that waits for the fitgirl repack will have a smaller download than the legit customer.

The actual correct answer is because no one bothers to optimize anymore. Just expect your customers to buy better and bigger hardware to compensate. Optimization requires effort and time, and it's far easier and cheaper to just have fanboys scream "WHAT, ARE YOU POOR OR SOMETHING?" anytime someone points out there's no reason for a simple sprite based game that looks straight out of 2001 to require 8GBs of RAM, 2GBs of VRAM, and 70% of all 8 cores just to run at 30fps.

how the fuck do they make age of empires 100 GB?

Are these niggas literally retarded

Textures probably. High res texture with no compression can have huge file sizes.

> will have a smaller download than the legit customer.

Have you ever considered the big gaming corps don't care about their customers?

Every unit is 1:1 scale of real life objects.

>underage tripfag
>post doesnt even have a name let alone a tripcode
>it says buy a hard drive a thing that has nothing to do with SSDs

are you retarded?

You're an idiot

Devs had to compress every gen before this, and every game looked and sounded just fine. Every game over 100GB could be a lot less if they actually took a little bit of time to compress shit, but they don't care because every true gamer has TBs of storage.
The only company who cares about compression anymore is Nintendo.

why?

It seems that MS shoved even the 4k textures on it since they promised support for 4k+ gaming, also more animation frames to make more smooth since now you can zoom and the remake of Forgotten Empires campaign with Audio.

i was bitching at it 1st but they atleast had a reason for it this time.
The Screenshots in that thread look great.
and that cavalry buff will ruin the life of any People who still played huns

yall are retarded, when games first started getting this large it was around the beginning of the current console generation. devs have already said in the past that consoles don't have the power to spare to decompress things in real time, so the games got bigger so consoles could handle other things better.

Above 320kbps everything becomes placebo you retard. You literally can't hear the difference unless some retard tells you that there's a difference.

When are people gonna understand that 4K display resolution doesn't mean every texture also has to be 4K...

Jokes on you, it deterred a sale.

>Above 320kbps everything becomes placebo you retard
Poor confirmed who can't afford to have audio gear where you can tell the difference. I've directly compared flac and 320kbps music and you can absolutely tell the difference; albeit some genres show a bigger difference than others.

Attached: 800S-.jpg (2592x1728, 1.17M)

About as soon as they realize resolution increase has more to do with the visual clarity of geometry and not textures. (never)

Came here to post this.

>Calls other people brainlets
>Is an unabashed retard that has no clue what he's talking about
Why is it ALWAYS the dumbest motherfuckers that try to talk down to others like they're the smartest guy in the room?

and my only fiber ISP in the area capping my connection at 1024GB a month. $10 for 50GB

It's a conspiracy.

Not trying to offend but I simply don't understand people like you.
>With this equipment you can hear a moth fart in the recording studio
Okay great. Long as I can hear the song and it isn't too fuzzy then I don't care.

It's both dumbass. Texture density on models is more noticeable at higher resolutions, so yes, 4k textures are better at higher resolutions.

have sex

Models actually don't take that much space. Textures and Audio are the big offenders.

4k textures is a dumbass meme. Fuck off.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZfWwCfN8TO0
is this you?

You can at least make 4K textures free optional DLC but not enough devs do this.

You can't and you placeboed the difference. Most adults simply don't have good enough hearing, sorry.

Imagine spending hundreds of dollars on headphones just to hear sounds """""better."""""

I wouldn't go out and tell most people to buy audio shit like this, when you pass the $400-500 mark you're paying significantly more for tiny differences that most people that aren't autistic won't care about, I'm just saying there is a difference. It doesn't matter to most people which is perfectly fine, but pretending there isn't a difference in less compressed audio is flat out wrong.

I'm not a degenerate weeb, so no.

Must suck to be poor

It's actually part of the steam downloader to only download your client's language. Nobody configures it though.

4K does not mean every single texture needs to be 4K.

Read please:
artstation.com/artwork/qbOqP

>hundreds

Those are $1600 headphones

>anal-type
kek

Dilate

Repacks often make the download size smaller
If anything it makes pirating more desirable

Are you the son of a blue whale or something?

I work on vidya games for a living, I know. Try reading again because I specifically said texture density is what matters. Of course every single thing in the game doesn't need 4k textures, and no game uses 4k textures for everything.

Pirates pirate their games because they are poor. Ofc there's a saudi price pirate somewhere, but generally they are piss poor. Making a game big as fuck and high hardware requirements will deter a lot of the pirates instantly.

Attached: 1556996767121.png (579x533, 158K)

>tfw dad would rather spend hours playing Call of duty with tryhard streamer high school kids than play a few rounds with you.
For this reason I'm kinda over the franchise. That shit is too weird to me.

Attached: 1564687603295.gif (480x360, 3.33M)

>Pirates pirate their games because they are poor
Nah.

i spent hundreds on mine so they would stay comfortable even after hours of wearing them

Aren't i'm uncompressed installs superior because you take strain off the CPU from doing real time decompression?

Nigger nobody's cpu would be hurting for decompression at this point.

That's exactly why games are so big now, because of consoles, but the retards here think it's the boogeyman developers increasing file sizes for no reason

Stop lying here. It's ok to admit that the true reason for piracy is money.

Every console would like to have a word with you. I know you're gonna be like "LOL PLAYING ON CONSOLE" but you have to keep in mind console dudebros is kind of the core demographic for these games.

Nah.

Consoles

checked

[citation needed]

scripts dont count nerd

Good shit

itt: retards with their 3 band eq's who think they know everything about audio quality

Those sneaky bastards
I just wish the government or Nintendo or hell even Mircosoft would pull the trigger and ban games with Mircotransactions/ have Mircotransactions disabled from their platform.

>Pirates pirate their games because they are poor.
Wrong, people who value money to any extent don't buy video games. They don't buy music or movies. They save it all for shit that matters.

This
Seriously fucking Mario Odyssey wasn’t even 10 gigs

biggerer = betterer

If they really were that fiscally conscious they wouldn't be spending time playing videogames, you're not a super genius megahacker because your dumbass downloaded uTorrent and ERP'd with someone in an IRC channel for a premier magnet.

Is this the best game ever made?

youtube.com/watch?v=mqHwJSsmCBc

>100 GB
>for Age of Empires II

This has to be a fucking joke.

Attached: 1513455540945.jpg (500x500, 53K)

reee

26K textures goy, stop complaining

DataCaplets & Storagelets BTFO

And whats more once you've install 100GB of GTAV, or 75GB of Destiny 2 you're unlikely to uninstall it regardless of space just to save yourself time
>So why not do a couple dailies in Destiny before jumping into Monster Hunter?
>Oh look it's the weekly reset and the cash shop has that exotic skin you've been wanting
>Oh and it's only $3
They consult psychologists on the best way to get you to part with your money and employ all forms of little tricks

>Still using consoles in 2019

just uninstall the game after, faggot. or buy a server rack and a bunch of ancient HDD's or some shit.

games are designed with normies and children in mind

How does it deter piracy when you have to download that ridiculous amount even if you bought it anyway.

only shit games require more than 50gb

holy shit

Attached: 1451247075776.jpg (225x225, 8K)

only shit games are more than 20GB base game

Sekiro is just 15gb which is a nice change of pace for AAA game sizes.

Attached: Grinning.png (752x736, 469K)

This here is the kind of post I expect reddit niggers named Kyle to post while chugging their booster. Fuck it. This might actually be summit1g posting.
Embarrassing

>Pirates pirate their games because they are poor
>Making a game big as fuck and high hardware requirements will deter a lot of the pirates instantly.
They don't get the money from pirates either way what the fuck logic is this

why would you do this in a video games thread

fuck i missed it, what was it

Publishers are spiteful boomers, like the kid who would pick up his ball and go home because he couldn't score a goal

>equalizer
Lmao, why get all this expensive shit when some $10 headphones from Walmart gets the job done?