Are you investing in retro vidya before the bull market hits?

Are you investing in retro vidya before the bull market hits?

Attached: 862D00B1-F9BC-41A0-B519-ED7A1BFE3B38.jpg (750x989, 214K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/DbSRcn5x
pricecharting.com/console/sega-saturn
pricecharting.com/search-products?q=crash&type=videogames&sort=name&console-uid=G6®ion-name=all&exclude-variants=false
kotaku.com/deep-pocketed-collectors-are-fueling-a-retro-game-gold-1837073847
etsy.com/listing/708910860/earthbound-game-boxed-reproduction-super?gpla=1&gao=1&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_b-electronics_and_accessories-video_games&utm_custom1=0ee8affb-c272-48d3-9b82-6988cd0ae9d1&utm_content=go_2063581587_76452867735_367965825564_pla-353987697789_c__708910860&gclid=CjwKCAjw7anqBRALEiwAgvGgm8LutLpDaALTlbLNOdX4-KsfKlEthCAuSSeWXUuYi4VlvpNR-3fN6RoCVAkQAvD_BwE&var1=1156507621
m.youtube.com/watch?v=GBkVLAKW-LQ
rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/233240477448
stoneagegamer.com/flash/nintendo-64/
gamerant.com/house-fire-destroys-video-game-collection/
store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/games/ps
store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/games/playstation2
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

And here I was thinking maybe things would get better.

nothing will ever get better

I stopped buying retro games years ago because of retarded redditor collector faggots. Flash carts and burned disks (or disk drive replacements) are the solution to this bullshit.

NES kids are now Boomers in their 40s and 50s with tons of disposable cash. Makes me wonder if in 10-20 years gaming will catch on in a big way among the elderly

I bought a 4tb hdd, if that's what you're asking.
>RING RING
>hello?
>is this Mr user at address
>yes
>This is ISP, we're calling to let you know that you have exceeded your da
>i have unmetered service
>....oh, yes, I see that...did you know you can save money on your bill by
>I'm switching to fiber in two weeks we can either end this or you can send me to customer retention
>.....please hold
>nah, I'm good

Attached: Untitled.png (1692x59, 6K)

I have a recycled computer below my TV that plays all these shitty games collectors like to collect and more.

What gpu do you use for upscaling and all that? I have a 670, but the 50" 4K might be too much for it.

I just bought flashcarts for all my consoles and try to snag copies of games I really enjoy here and there. Collecting vidya is fucking retarded though on some level. 60+ years from now is that NES and your $1000000 collection still going to function? FPGA consoles and emulations are the only solution for long term preservation, but it's not like these degenerates are actually playing these games anyway.

From the article collectors are speculating retro games are going to see a huge price spike similar to what Magic the Gathering experienced in 2017/2018.
>Numerous sources speaking to Kotaku for this story have all said the same thing: The past two years have seen an influx of new money coming in to the classic game collecting scene, primarily high-end collecting experts from other areas of interest like comic books, Magic cards, and coins. They see video games as the next big thing. Like a mint-condition Action Comics issue 1 might be the ultimate trophy of nostalgia for the superhero age of the mid-20th century, so too might a sealed Mario be the perfect bottling of the pop-culture moment of the 1980s.

I bought a working PS2 with GUN for 20 shekels.
Not going to lie, the resell value 5-10 years from now was part of the purchase.

Attached: 1463159079036.gif (350x264, 593K)

Fucking again? Listen pal, I'm not paying 200 bucks for Tron Bonne, what makes you think I'm gonna pay 300?

No but I will be investing into open source emulators so these faggots can hoard their $5,000 mint Panzer Dragoon Saga disks while I'm actually playing video games.

I would link to razorfist retrogaming greed rant but I assume you have seen it or hate him too much to care.

pastebin.com/DbSRcn5x

>Danielle Smith has spent half a million dollars on rare video games, most of it in the last nine months. And she’s just getting started.

>“I really just want the best of the best,” said Smith, 35.

>That half a million bucks has only bought her around 200 games. Last week, she spent $2,650 on a sealed copy of Donkey Kong Country for the Super Nintendo. Smith, a comic dealer from Florida, is just one of many deep-pocketed collectors who have only recently started splashing out in earnest on games.

>“Comic book people and art people are coming in, and we want rare games that are hard to find,” she said.

what the fuck is wrong with these people

Attached: 1474072826698.gif (250x250, 1.51M)

I'll probably wait until this fat fucks die so I can buy their shit for half the price. They won't last long.

no that's fucking retarded. There's no reason to buy cartridge based games in 2019. You're either just looking to play vidya and you'll run them on emulators or you're a hardware purist but have a little bit of common sense and just use a flash cart alongside it. And for most older CD-based systems copy protection ranges from piss easy to bypass to sega CD and dreamcast-tier "literally doesn't exist."

Collecting vintage video games never really made any sense to me. It's all digital, so someone could decide to re-release the game through digital distribution and immediately make those expensive collectors items mostly worthless.

Maybe they'll actually be a retro gaming market crash thanks to these retards.

retro video games aren't about the games anymore, it's officially vintage.

No user, that wasn't what he was asking.

these people don't give a fuck about the data inside the cart, and probably won't ever put it in a console. the plastic and the sticker is what holds the value.

collecting mass produced objects you can emulate is not cool.

Somebody needs to rip them all.

they're already all ripped.

are you dumb or just pretending?

this. literally what's the point? You can collect them for cheap, sure, but if you're spending more than $50 on a retro game you might be a retard.

Then how the fuck do you "invest" in a commodity not on the exchange? Where's the price index?

Attached: IuceCAJ.jpg (2592x1944, 1.84M)

These """people""" give literally zero fucks about playing games, they're autistic collectorfags who think having a sealed mint condition game inside a plastic shell is a status symbol.

I'm friends with some of those autistic scotchfags and I had a bottle of whisky that was out of production and excessively rare. I had bought it at a mom and pop liquor shop and opened it the same day years ago and promptly forgot about it. I thought it would be amusing to them and brought it to a tasting but they all sperged out.
>OH MAH GAWD WHY IS THIS OPENED WHAT THE FUCK
It wasn't even that good, I thought. Especially for a 15 year old.

the point is to have a snapshot of history, possibly an item for future gaming museums or shit like that. though as mentioned, shit was MASS produced so it's not like there is a dire shortage them.

nothing locked in those VGA grading cases collectorfags seem to sperg over is worth putting in a museum

this is hilarious because there are companies in China/Taiwan that literally recreate and reseal """""rare""""" cartridges and sell them for 'like new' for hundreds or thousands. Now I know it's these retards that are fueling them.

collecting anything is a poor investment, except maybe gold or silver coins

I'm gonna make history when I break into that comic shop owner's house and jizz on her badonkadonkey kong cuntry mint in package, know what I mean?

Attached: tumblr_prr8iezmG11wohd6k_1280.jpg (1080x901, 261K)

>but if you're spending more than $50 on a retro game you might be a retard.

While I agree a lot of these prices are insane and not at all what these old games are worth, I'd argue people are far more retarded spending $50 on a new AAA game. Especially since those will be in the $20 bargain bin before that same year even ends.

Attached: 1419916172291.png (353x358, 50K)

the sooner, the better

>Be super rich
>Could invest money in game development to make new games
>Nope I'll just indulge my nostalgia and relive my childhood
these people are damaged

I collect games too (just stuff for my GBA and PS2, my favorite systems) because I actually want to play the games and give them away to my kids later. Its fucking retarded to own video games for anything other than to use them.

>this is hilarious because there are companies in China/Taiwan that literally recreate and reseal """""rare""""" cartridges and sell them for 'like new' for hundreds or thousands. Now I know it's these retards that are fueling them.
I know there's a shitload of fake/custom N64 cartridges on ebay but they're also making fake/custom sealed boxes?

but in the future maybe. just like shakespeare plays were utter pleb drivel five centuries ago yet now they are regarded as high art.

Garbage 2600 games were going for 100s of dollars like 5 years ago and now they are back down to doorstop levels. NES games have been high for a while but will drop at some point. Regardless just emulate it and keep a few physical games that are super important to you

>the nostalgiafags are starting to move onto PS2/GC/Xbox

please no, you retards already fucked up the N64/PS1 market beyond repair, now shit like Crash Bandicoot and FF7 goes for like $40 for no reason. I'm gonna miss finding $1 Xbox games all over the fucking place.

Attached: 1531159931642.jpg (480x484, 34K)

for any one curious of how the online market looks use this site
pricecharting.com/console/sega-saturn
it may not be perfect but it gives you a good idea of the general market most retro games have platitude after the hole eceleb retro game craze a few years back but since then prices have stayed mostly the same with some like the sega Saturn going down in price
The hole boxed copy thing has been around for almost 2 years and has yet to go any were
don't fall for this meme

Now is the time to get any ps3/360/wii games you might want. They will go up in a few years

They already have. You could get Luigi's Mansion for $15 back in the day but now it's like $70

were do you buy game user at a retro game store
crash
pricecharting.com/search-products?q=crash&type=videogames&sort=name&console-uid=G6®ion-name=all&exclude-variants=false
crash goes for around 20 boxed it gone down a ton since the remake also ff7 goes for 20 and that ebay prices if you hunt for it a bit i bet you could find it for super cheep

I think Xbox is probably safe, but GC's market is already pretty bananas and rare PS2 games have always sold for a pretty penny anyway

the thing about popular, older PS2 games is that there's going to be literally millions of copies in circulation, so I doubt a lot of important games are ever going to creep over the $20 mark at worst
you'd only really have to be worried about obscure shit like Grandia or whatever

>fucking up a market that is temporary thanks to disk rot
I think your brain is what's fucked up, user.

Attached: Untitled.png (279x41, 2K)

gamecube game have increased a lot I don't quite get it since n64 has stayed the same but I don't see it staying that high for more then two ears most kids who had GameCube are now going to college an will probably sell them for cheep to get quick cash.

Not with that attitude!

Fucking THIS.

360/PS3 especially go for fucking pennies since people are getting rid of them because they have PS4/Xbones and shit. I think the "rarest" 360 games are still only like $30. I bought a bunch a couple months ago and most were like 3 or 4 bucks each.

Attached: 1536544290049.jpg (210x203, 10K)

>100 fucking bucks for a saturn
Yeah, nah, I'll stick to emulation.

I'm an NES kid and I am only 33 and I have almost no money. Still got my NES though!

>collecting old games
Enjoy your Data rot richfags ;)

Just emulate. The physical copies will only get more expensive. Its literally just for collectors because of emulation being so commonplace. God Hand is 300 USD about. Or you can just emulate it.

Yeah this is how it works. I remember when the PS3 came out seeing copies of Rule of Rose, Haunting Ground, God Hand, etc for like 10 bucks new sealed.

Now any one of those games costs you around half a grand. If you're gonna collect always stock up right at the end when they're trying to make shelf space.

Truth, wait for the next buy 2 get 1 used sale at gamestop. Also DS3s are getting high for nice ones, plus they are shitty so they never last. Wish DS4 worked better with PS3s.

>just emulate
More like just pirate, emulation sucks.

How do these things work? Cause I've had environmentalists hammer in that 'plastic and metallic goods are almost imperishable and last for a million quintillion years'. So these things actually depreciate rather quickly?

I had a sizable collection in 2006. It was super easy back then to find really good deals on eBay and local garage sales. Then, I let my brother stay with me for a few months while he was down on his luck. He pulled all the games out of their boxes and sold them for drug money, and I didn’t realize it until after he moved out. Took almost a decade to get back to speaking terms with him.

Data is easily corruptible but the material it's on is still a long lasting thing.

>Trump t-shirt

oh wow mommy look, a fucking retard

Unless some manufacturing fuck-ups akin to PDO CDs in the '90s come to light, disc rot is not going to be a concern until long after the current generations of collectors die off.

At least link it:

kotaku.com/deep-pocketed-collectors-are-fueling-a-retro-game-gold-1837073847

this. If you're determined to play games on their original hardware you're almost always going for flashcarts now, because actual games get retardedly expensive for 0 reason at all other than they're either underprinted or some e-celeb made a video about them. Pat the NES punk was guilty of this, he made tens of thousands of dollars by talking about specific games and the price rose on them, AVGN did this too.

Buy the games you love if you want them physical for whatever reason, just get other ways to play them elsewise. Even fucking emulation, what does it matter? It own't be perfect but you'll be playing the fucking game. That's the important part. That you PLAY the god damned game.

I invested in it like 10 years ago, and even then it was expensive, the bubble keeps growing. I hope it bursts, but as more and more older people get nostalgia money on this, and the hipster zoomers start buying into it like their youtubers Woz the weird get into it, it's gonna get worse.

I could understand collecting video games as a way of preservation but most collectors are autistic.
I've never been one to hold onto old video games no matter how rare. Yeah I owned Hagane on the snes back in the day.
Even though it was worth a lot of money, it was just another game to me.
The prices that these people come up with are so retarded.
Emulation is the way to go.

Attached: 1380400980226.png (463x293, 204K)

Trump doesn't do Motorcycles, dumbass. That's a TRIUMPH shirt.

Aren't a majority of the flashcarts emulating the chips that are necessary to run the ROMs? That kind of makes the "real hardware" thing kind of moot.

I used to go to walmarts and toys r us in the late 90s and buy entire 5-10lb duffle bags full of NES shovelware and leftover stock for $50 cause the managers just wanted the shit out of the back. I ended up reselling a lot of them, mostly cib (though not anywhere near mint) and made probably nearly $500 because retards suddenly started caring about games again. I'm sure SNES is gonna happen soon (it's partially started with cult classic JRPGs but it'll get worse). N64 will be the funny one cause there are so many absolutely fucked, tilted carts.

No, I put most of my money into Disney Stocks

Thankfully I saw that coming 5 years ago. Collected so many ps2 games for like a buck each.

>drakengard ntsc 70 dollars used
>drakengard pal 10 euro used

Attached: 1505070426954.jpg (600x558, 90K)

Don't link to kotaku you fucking newfag. Gtfo back to where you came from

People are stupid. I had an atari that didn't even work and I was just trying to sell it for super cheap just to get rid of it.
Some rando hit me up online and was gushing over how rare the atari was and insisted on giving me triple the price I was asking lol dumbasses

Attached: jewed.png (208x243, 12K)

Wasn't there some video a while back of some guy just buying up all the cheap eBay listings for some shovelware GBA game that sold like 20 copies, and then artificially fixing the price 10 times higher as an experiment?

The funny part is that the new price worked. People actually buy in for that, because they have to complete their "collections".

If you want to preserve a CD in the same fashion as the US Constitution, then go for it. I'll just swap out the hdd and redownload my torrentz in the event of failure.

It's just an AMD APU, I don't have any 4K TVs nor play anything too hardware demanding. It does play everything up to the GameCube.

Ive seen gaming-hipsters on the local flea market. You know, the kind of people with designer shoes, tattoos about video games, themed shirts and ear buds and shit. Expensive watches and so on.

They were driving for hours just because they somehow knew a seller for collectors items was there. He didn't have much but he tried to sell Dr. Mario in the original package for the NES and such bullshit. I doubt the package was original and just well made, the plastic was definitely not.

Those people don't buy games because they have a love for nostalgia. They don't buy these games because they want to play them.

It's because they want to make money, because they bet on the fact that some collector will pay thousands of euros or dollars for a game that isn't even worth the plastic it got produced in. It sickens me.

Back then i had most modern classics because i loved to play them. Nobody thought they would be worth something at some point in the future, because there were many consoles to follow, many games that will flush the market.

retro video game collecting is the worst hobby I've ever been a part of

- extremely expensive
- everything is built to last a decade at best
- almost no social aspect, few opportunities to share your items/ideas
- uninteresting to outsiders, people usually think you're just stuck in the past
- despite their age there's nothing physical happening in a retro console, it's just ancient computer tech.
- the lengths you have to take to properly display old systems on new devices means you might as well be emulating.

Like honestly, I've been a part of so many other hobbies and all of them make retro gaming look like hoarding. I'm confident you can isolate whatever you like about this hobby and transfer it into something like arcade machines, pinball, or something like a target sport/etc.

Are you an idiot? There's reprints of Action Comics #1, it doesn't fucking make a difference

>wanted to buy every FF game
welp

You don't have to go to some archivist level of preservation for CDs, though. Assuming you're not being a fucking mong and throwing them all over the place, they'll be fine. Back when I was into collecting music releases, I had CDs pressed in the 1980s that worked without issue and I didn't baby them. At this point I'd rather do everything digitally as well, but disc rot has been a meme in any collector community it's popped up in.

How's Saturn emulation?
Depends on who made the CDs a lot of the time. I have a bunch of CDs that are fucked to hell and back and they were kept in a nice area and others kept in the same area that are just fine. CD-RWs from back in the day are almost universally toast.

I started buying physical media recently. Like a moron I sold all my old games (game kept the consoles) and I wanted copies of the games that meant a lot to me. Everybody tells me about how overpriced SNES games are but I remember some of these games going for $80 at launch and I only know of a couple games I need to rebuy that crest the $100 mark. Its really not bad at all.

R-Type III is one of those over $100 games but Retro Bit has some kind of limited edition re-release that's actually cheaper? It looks cool but is it legit at all? And why can't I find any information on it? And how hasn't their "limit of 3,000 copies" sold out over the course of a year R-Type isn't exactly obscure.

I was kind of hoping "the gold rush" would die down but thats what I get for selling my games.

Attached: RT_collectibles.png (1200x766, 767K)

this is why I really only collect Dreamcast, PS2 and handheld games
handheld hardware will always be 100% consistent across all experiences for the entire console's lifespan, there's no fucking around with hardmods to enable clearer picture, or upscaler boxes to avoid cracking open and modifying the hardware itself, no need for massive, expensive CRT monitors to display the clearest and most accurate picture, etc.

PS2 and Dreamcast are also incredibly easy to get the best picture out of, and their libraries are the best of all time in my opinion
both consoles are also very easy to play burned discs on, so you can theoretically play anything you want on fully original hardware in the case you can't track down/can't afford a particular game

>- the lengths you have to take to properly display old systems on new devices means you might as well be emulating.

Like buying 1 piece of equipment?

And ancient computer tech is cool as hell.

>Depends on who made the CDs a lot of the time.
Yeah, but that's why I mentioned PDO as an example earlier. Maybe in a few years people will discover that some plants fucked up and certain DVDs/CDs will start failing, but I'm not aware of anything like that happening in video games yet. More a possible issue of quality control rather than an inherent problem with the medium. CD-Rs are a whole other ballgame and I just figure people are retarded when I see them spending money on old ones.

Its over bros fuck

Attached: Rabbi Goldbergs Snipping Tool.png (891x710, 597K)

Fucking keep your long noses out of my hobby and stick to trading stocks. Some people actually want to play old video games and not put them in a plastic coffin for 10,000 years.

>he doesn't just buy chinese repo boxes/carts/guides in mint condition for 35$
etsy.com/listing/708910860/earthbound-game-boxed-reproduction-super?gpla=1&gao=1&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_b-electronics_and_accessories-video_games&utm_custom1=0ee8affb-c272-48d3-9b82-6988cd0ae9d1&utm_content=go_2063581587_76452867735_367965825564_pla-353987697789_c__708910860&gclid=CjwKCAjw7anqBRALEiwAgvGgm8LutLpDaALTlbLNOdX4-KsfKlEthCAuSSeWXUuYi4VlvpNR-3fN6RoCVAkQAvD_BwE&var1=1156507621

>investing in retro vidya
I have every documented pre-2000 video game downloaded and playable on flash cart with original hardware and/or emulator
So I'm good, thanks

Attached: 1565254404278.jpg (460x522, 112K)

Might as well burn your money and flush the ashes if you're gonna buy counterfeit on purpose.

what a shitty cope
most zoomers/millenials didn't experience retro shit and they definitely don't give a fuck about an "authentic" experience that these boomers speak about they'll just pirate/emulate

i didn’t mind selling off my old games.
most of the hype seems to be around mint/sealed games and most of my shit was in horrible condition.

>so too might a sealed Mario be the perfect bottling of the pop-culture moment of the 1980s.
Mario was widely distributed and available. It's one of the best selling games of all time. There are numerous copies floating around. If shit like this skyrockets, I will be absolutely baffled. Unlike those old ass comics or cards, the highly popular video games have had various re-releases and compilations on modern hardware that makes it an easier setup and entry point. Not to mention all the emulation options.
If these fat jew fucks find a way to manipulate prices for the Retro market, then im bailing from the collecting game and just emulating everything.

Nah, I'm keeping cash fluid for the next month or so, I'm expecting stocks to drop a bit more and then I'll invest in a wind/solar company and a dividend Vanguard fund. I don't want a bunch of video games, I've got too much clutter as it is. I may sell my palladium, I bought it at $890, but the price just dipped a little so I'll probably wait.

they're only really after sealed, mint copies that grandma bought and forgot in her attic or whatever
notice the guy in the op has them fucking graded in hard plastic, he doesn't give a shit about the game only the perceived scarcity and quality

>in 10-15 years we'll have cheap retro games from these retards going into debt and trying desperately to all cash out at once

Attached: akko ooooohhh.png (980x1080, 829K)

Been here since GG you pretend oldfag

Honestly, a lot of my old collection i sold in 2015 are selling for less today but some are more. Game collecting as an investment is too risky imo though I did used to buy games for $2 at flea markets and sell for $40 back in the late 90s early 2000s.

Just want to add that 99% of limited run games will be worth less than whst you paid. Don't collect that trash

(((people))) with lots of (((money))) ruining a good thing
man this keeps happening over and over what's going on

People investing in retro games is just another sign we're at the peak of this market cycle that srarted in March 2009.

It's been a good run, it's been one of the longest runs of a good economy in recent history, but it's time to prepare.

Worst thing is a majority of people in financial institutions today are below the age of 35 and have not lived through a crash before.

capitalism son. it's a disease

People should be collecting betas and prototypes instead of games that came out, since those are actually rare and it can benefit everyone if they dump the rom.

Attached: overpricedwindwakerkioskdemo.png (1161x707, 374K)

imagine being the asshole that invented VGA grading cases.

>Implying any of these kikes would dump them instead of jacking themselves off over owning something other people don't

>you'll never have enough money to carelessly throw it all away

Attached: 1540349466612.png (1030x703, 697K)

>faggots and jews ruining the second hand market just like how they did with cars

I'm doing the same but with xbox 360 and ps3 games since they're like 10 dollars or less. I started collecting ds and 3ds. With the 3ds I keep them sealed then emulate the game since my system is hacked. My line of reasoning is they'll be retro eventually right? Maybe I'm a retard for doing this but to me a couple dollars is pocket change.

Chris Kohler seems like a nice guy but he is a collector. Wouldn't be surprised if he's trying to make his collection's value go up.

I got a Zelda NES cart with everything in it with only a little bit of cardboard damage on the corners. 70 bucks on Price Charts, where can I sell it.

Got it for free at a hospital when they updated the children’s entertainment stuff.

>Comic book and art people are coming in
ABORT ABORT
The cancer of the world has arrived. Nothing more cancerous to fun and video games than pretentious art faggots and comic book "fans".
Prepare for a wave of shit opinions on retro games that don't even make sense.
>This game has hints of the struggle that a person has to go through to reach adulthood when the character touches a mushroom. The act of jumping on the goomba's head is an expression of anger at the current paradigm and the characters wish to escape it.
This is the type of shit we will have to put up with if you let these faggots in.

360 and PS3 games are reliant on patches and DLC. I can't see them being collectible.

I got started with Wii, since Nintendo still had its "no patch policy" in effect then.

it was a guy who did it for the gameboy release of rampart. he bought 20 copies price range between 1 to 3 dollars.
the algorithms on ebay noticed the trend of sales, found a buy it now price of 20 dollars, and made that a standard. pretty much every listing for the game is fucked. ebay along with other cunts actively scam so fuck the second hand market and just pirate.

That shit is happening in Magic.
Investors are buying out cards and then go to reddit to talk about the cards selling out.
Then other investors freak out and buy those same cards at jacked up prices.

I still keep them to make my game collection look bigger than it actually is.
Check out pic related. When. I saw it in the store I almost jizzed my pants. I know theyre worth 20 bucks each but still neat to me

Attached: 26F8975E-13A7-416C-9FEA-9A8A9EECA022.jpg (4032x3024, 2.91M)

Nah I collect comics instead

This is just another speculative market just like comics in the 90’s, or beanie babies, or like the investing that led to the 1987 recession, the retro vidya bubble will pop, sell now, buy when the bubble pops and people are selling their whole stockpile for $90.

Read the thread, these retards don't give a shit about playing games

But they will make damn sure their opinions are noticed. That is why it is better to kill them all now.

Sealed retro games are pretty rare.
Problem with the 90s comics and beanie babies were they got massproduced and everyone kept them mint because they were marketed as collectibles.

Nah. I collect to play my shit not just to let it collect dust.

People will die before the turds go up in value.

Fuucckk bros we are running out of time.

What should I get for Genesis I never had one??

Attached: 1565374978346.jpg (750x750, 214K)

Don't need to. Whenever I buy/sell, I get their address. And plan the robbery after.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=GBkVLAKW-LQ

just emulate the games.
if you have so much autism you need to play the game on a physical console get a flashcart

Yes but not the majority of them. The SNES everdrive for example uses an fpga to emulate unique chips for different games. Meanwhile n64 everdrive, Gameboy everdrive (save for a rumble or camera feature), and NES everdrive (?) are almost always accurate to the original cart. And obviously an ode is always accurate because they don't store anything unique on a disk that you can't copy.

i bought a vectrex for 75 bucks at a yard sale

Attached: 1562118697310.jpg (680x1253, 75K)

>Linking to one of the Forbidden Sites

Leave. Now.

I wish I had the balls to sell all mine, I still have a few i'm lookimg for that are about $30more than they should be.

Collectards are especially desperate to attach value to anything nowadays, like absurd things, like the last fifa game for a console, and don't even get me started on the youtube "show and tell" niggers that don't even enjoy the games they hoard and show off in their circlejerk "shelf competition".

Magic seems like a real shitshow these days. It reminds me of the comic book bubble in the 90s. I'm curious where Magic prices will be in 10 years.

Don't worry. No one collects Genesis

>don't worry guys I will let the people on my patreon know before I inflate a games price by talking about it.
>I mean you are donating to my patreon right?

Attached: download (21).jpg (225x225, 11K)

Youtubers ruined the prices of retro games and discussion of retro games with their shitty retard opinions that children take as fact.

His videos went to shit.

I want to go to one of his "parties"

Yeah all the new people getting into like pic related are just people coming from toy/comic book backgrounds and see video games as the next big meme. They're already trying to push stuff like Super Mario Bros as "the action comics #1 of gaming". Mind you these people mostly just give a shit about sealed unopened games which only ultra rich hardcore collector fags would want anyway. It's purely speculation, why the fuck else would someone spend $3000 on a sealed donkey kong when they could pay like $20 if they really wanted to play an original copy.

Nes and snes stuff I'm seeing is already starting to stagnate and drop in price a bit.

Attached: 1561216165800.jpg (289x260, 6K)

Real shit emulators are free and Thad cool but nothing beats playing the classics on their intended system

>that rare and hard to find game.
I live in a city of less than 20k, and I've managed to get most of the 'hard to find' games a long time ago.
And even as recent as the closing of K-Mart and Zellers, I was finding sealed NES and SNES games that some worker stashed away in the back that they found years and marked it down to get rid of it.
Basically what I'm saying is, if these super rare games came to this POS city, they're not fucking rare.
It's just artificial scarcity and idiots paying a huge premium for something that used to cost 1/50th the price they would have paid when it was released.
But as was already mentioned in this thread, they don't care about playing the game, they want rare and mint. They'll be worthless in about 5 years, and buyers remorse will set in.

Don't say it if you're not gonna do it.

This. God of War was released in March of 2018 for $60, in March of 2019 it was $19.99 brand new. Why would you ever pay full price for video games. It's retard tier.

There is a story here. Tell me.

>They only care about sealed copies! Nothing to worry!
This is going to push the rest of the market up with them. This is not a good sign for anyone.

There's rumors that him and the whole MJR crew are swingers

better do it quick, they'll start taking away the games you already own after they ban the violent ones

This is why emulation needs to get better. Fucking snes still has issues. FUCKING PS2 AND XBOX still have issues. Don't get me started on the PS3 emulation.

Retro collecting peaked and has been dipping each year. PS2/PS1 are inching up but simply don't have the same brand power as old Nintendo/SEGA did and the collector rush that hit those got their copies already. What is stupidly spiking is the whole "MINT SEALED GRADED" world which in itself is a economy of weird boomers and the same types that spend fortunes on audio equipment or other boomer traps.

Specific copies of certain games are spiking still though, I paid what I considered a high price of 600 for CIB Shantae plus 15% off Ebay coupon a couple of years ago. It's now a 1200 dollar game since Shantae is getting more popular. Rule of Rose keeps going higher ever year, Kuon went up overnight, PSVITA is on track to be the next Saturn etc. Like comic books with their example, the gold rush is already over and specific condition iconic releases or niche titles will be worth some decent money but the rest of the market will crash as kids won't have nostalgia for those releases just like modern kids only like what they know from Marvel movies not Marvel comics.

yeah sorry I didnt see your reply. it's super easy to box a game and then print the manual out and there's tons of fakes out there that are being sold as "sealed". the retro game market is a joke for this very reason.

>boomer logic
you just want something to justify the money you spent on those games lmfao

Im still kicking myself after getting a copy of LM used for ten bucks and trading it into gamestop

source? I'd love to bang his gf/wife

>vidya bubble will pop
Ah,the "it's just a bubble" argument.Has this ever been true for anything collectible that is related to pop culture?

Attached: 540895437890423.png (767x268, 90K)

>collecting capeshit and the garbage put out by the industry in general
>being nostalgic about some shitty franchises that are not going anywhere any time soon
>collecting video games cartridges at the age of emulation, rompacks and torrent
My guess is there are mostly scam artists on the scene trying to have rich gulible retards to join the dance and make a profit on them.

Under capitalism, anything market related only ever gets worse for everyone except the profiteers. Forget passion for gaming, there's money to be made.

>Rule of Rose keeps going higher ever year
i want that game bad but paying $300+? fuck
and i know the price is going to keep getting higher especially when other investor youtubers are talking about it.

beanie babies

I'm really thinking about selling everything I have since snes prices are going down...but i'm not a collector, I just kept what I had since childhood

it's probably Yea Forums shitposting but kelsey's fiance always kinda acts weird when people ask him about MJR on his streams

Basically this. Emulation saved retro gaming from itself.

PSVITA is the next Saturn?

I fucking love the Vita oh shit no... Not again... "I'll get Saturn games later."

What games should I get first??

Emulation is trashy and low class.

higan is practically perfect what are you on about?
>PS2 has issues
most games run and just need a workaround that takes like 3 seconds to apply
>Xbox has issues
yeah but they're progressing along pretty nicely
>PS3 has issues
honestly it's damn impressive, the progress that they've made. it's obfuscated as fuck as to how the console works. what game are you struggling with?

LMAO waste your money away zoomer hopefully it'll fill that void in your life

Of course it is. Enjoy spending $300 for what is free

>Emulation is trashy and low class.

Attached: Moviebob-Mario.jpg (320x475, 29K)

Yeah $150 for a flash cart how will I ever recover.

>$150 to emulate games
you're not very bright, are you?

Not emulation.

I have only seen kelseys fiance once when he proposed. If you could link a specific video that be great

Because people still buy that stuff and the prices continue to climb. It's the same thing with Magic. You can call the cards just cardboard with ink on them all you want and you'd be correct, but there are still single cards that people can sell for tens of thousands of dollars.

He streams a lot on his twitch DSKoopa, he mentioned once he doesn't like when other people film him for example

not emulation but paying for ROMs, still retarded. calling emulation trashy because you're an autist that has to game on the original console is still pretty fucking dumb.

>flash cart
>emulation
>you're not very bright, are you?

Attached: MV5BNGE4MzhjNTUtZWUwOC00ZWUwLTgzN2ItNjY4MzQ4MTdiNGZiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjI4NjExNDY._V1_.jpg (2667x2667, 1.79M)

But there are still tons on ebay selling for thousands.

damn Zach looks like a chad

For me, its quantity over quality. I mean, I still like having cool retro artifacts like a virtual boy and R.O.B., but nothing makes me happier than looking at my wall-to-wall, ceiling-to-floor game shelves filled with retro games.

I've even gotten around to buying plastic cases with box art in them to better show the games from NES through N64 - including handheld games, which look sweet in their own cases versus loose in a box.

So yeah, I'll go into my local retro shops now and then and buy up cheap games I don't own for a few bucks each, along with occasionally splurging on a rarer game from time to time.

What's wrong with that?

I paid for the cart. Not the roms. Important legal distinction.

>I am going to play Super Nintendo.
>On my computer of course.

And contrary to Yea Forums, PCSX2 is shit. I can run any game right from my PS2 from the internal hard drive exactly as it should play. 200 games available at any time.

Emulation is low effort and low class.

Because noones buying

It isn't paying for ROMs, it's paying for the ability to play the ROMs on original hardware. The original hardware will always provide the intended experience, and there are many cases of games that are broken or straight up won't work in an emulator.

No. I'm gonna invest in flashcarts and then buy games I genuinely love sparingly.

?

Attached: 4093a7285ea7b4704f141bb1ed72a68a.png (915x904, 328K)

Attached: Screenshot_20190809-161006_Lightning.jpg (1080x2220, 481K)

Got all pokemon gameboy games sealed plus an extra copy of red and a red strip sealed UK emerald.

Feels good man.

>mfw i opened a damaged sealed pokemkn gold for my birthday last year
>mfw the battery was dead

Attached: Screenshot_20190806-114536_Gallery.jpg (1073x590, 597K)

>THEYRE REBOUNDING GUYS

>wanting $2000 for something unsealed/unprotected
I'll never understand this
At least the thing on the bottom is in a case

It is getting better, I'm making a fortune off of all my childhood Christmas gifts. Where did it all go so right?

it's shitty sealed nes black box games who cares.

No I'm selling my old shit on ebay and downloading roms and ISOS and slapping them in big hard drives.

The only games I'm keeping are ones with sentimental value to me. If it sucked and is worth money I'm dumping it.

>collect and invest in physical sealed games and consoles
>have cheap used consoles and flash carts if I ever want to actually play something
Truly the perfect combo

Attached: 1564857710381.gif (330x496, 576K)

not with backwards compatibility across all systems on ps5/xbox2

That would only make shit go up though. I remember CoD World at War being like $5 for the longest time then when I tried to find a copy when it when back compat it was like almost $20.

>worthless beanies
>brand new accounts with 0 feedback
I dunno man,seems kinda gay

Attached: 8d6c7e933286bfb68dd704c4541d63c7.png (760x308, 83K)

>Already peaked

Yeah this is what I'm seeing as well. I was looking to downsize my collection and was shocked at how little some of it was going for, was expecting a lot more. If I had started a couple years ago I would have gotten a lot more.

which is why I responded to a post talking about how they are cheap now.

Apparently the prices vary if the beanie is from a certain generation of production or if there is are errors in the tag

whoops forgot picture

Attached: Screenshot_20190809-161050_Lightning.jpg (1080x2220, 505K)

what's stopping them from collecting just the boxes, sealing them in plastic and larping?

do you have a sealed pokemon base booster box as well?

the fuck?
dude, this shit has been going on for years.
most of the dudes that guys age were buying that shit up in the 90s.

i heard tons of stories about guys who are now like 50 or so and they have tons of shit and won't sell it off because its so valuable now to just create an artificial market of "oh look this sold on ebay for X price!" when in reality it sits on ebay until they fake buy it to make it look like it sold.

fucking assholes.
slabbing that shit is even WORSE, you are taking out whole copies of games from the market entirely. no one fucking wants games they can't play!

You can list each and every one of those games and most of them are crap.

Ofc as times change.
I am 38 and really wish I saved my NES, SNES, n64 etc like my father told me to in the late 90's.
Still got my Commodore 64 at least

I bought Conker's bad fur day for like 10 or 20 bucks, complete with original box and booklet.

Sold it a few years later for like 150 and bought an everdrive with that money. Felt pretty good desu.

good fucking LUCK finding that shit that doesn't get into vidyajew hands first.

at every gaming con i been to, its ALWAYS the dudes with every expensive title under the sun that has like 10 prototype carts or discs.

i been doing game collecting since about 1996 now, and it was fucking golden til about 2006 or so when prices started to slowly go up. "expensive shit" like PDS was $150 and that was TOO MUCH at the time, shit even Magical Chase complete in box was $250!

now? i go to my market dead ass early, like 5am and i spend maybe 4 hours there asking everyone who pulls in for vidya and i come out with nothing for it.

im not looking for top dollar shit either, i mean either no games AT ALL or crappy xbox shit no one wants or i can't toss back at gamestop.

protip from me: pick up fucking PS2 fat and slim. gamestop is taking those for like $20 cash right now and 360 controllers for $12 cash.

I had 2 sealed boxes of legendary collection. Cracked one for finishing university and flipped the other for 1.5k profit.
>mfw could've easily made double the money by holding on to them for a year longer
>mfw i'm still in debt anyway

Attached: Screenshot_20190810-014035_Gallery.jpg (2220x1080, 1.31M)

grab genesis shit m8, its DEAD CHEAP compared to anything nintendo.

most games cart only are fucking less than $50 and in the box less than $100.

>found in the back

they let you in the back?
what did you say?
all the shit at my Kmart was walled off.

Comix Zone

good luck, most of the shit that will go up is the late as fuck releases and ANYTHING from limited run games.

i had a sealed southern islands binder.
i stupidly sold it for $250 because i figured at the time the prices i were seeing was like $125, so i thought "250 seems fair for 2 dollars paid!".

we couldn't have known man, if anything, it was old and we wanted the new shit!

i just wish i kept my TG16 shit, lots of good shit in there.

lol, what a bunch of fucking retards. nobody values retro shit other than these fat pathetic boomers who need something physical to justify the fact that they wasted their adult lives on a hobby before it became socially acceptable to do so.

>Collect physical
But why? Why would I want literal bookshelves upon bookshelves of crap in my house gathering dust?

>Bbbbbbbbut it's an *investment*!!!!!
No it's not because I don't sell my treasures. Anything I'm willing to sell was something I should have never bought at all.

I got all the retro games I need riiiight heeeere.

Attached: drive.jpg (373x258, 9K)

>Top Gear 3000
>Gauntlet NES
>Sesame Street N64
Some examples of games I've tried emulating recently that are completely broken. You can argue that they're shitty games all you like but I find a lot more value in a full and complete library rather than just a few games I've already played to death. I enjoy exploring shit I've never played before and emulating locks you out of a good portion of the original authentic experience.
If you want examples of objectively great games that can't be emulated properly, just look at Boktai and WarioWare Twisted. Sure there are ROM hacks and emulator tools that let you work around the hardware limitations but you are playing the game in a way totally different from how it was intended. You might as well be playing different games.

People still collect when companies are porting over old games? Not to mention how those carts might not even work down the line after paying a lot of money for them.

xbox games!
perfect working saturn and PS2 games without fucking with settings?!

yeah fuck you, everyone has ALL THE GAMES too faggot.

Imagine wasting your life slaving away at work so you can spend tens of thousands of dollars on plastic crap you won't even take out the box. The people who do this are mentally deficient. They have something wrong with their minds and they are trying to replace it with garbage.

only if they are doing it good
like the konami shit recently, its great.

Can't speak for Top Gear 3000, but you should play Gauntlet on MAME and no one gives a shit about sesame street.

Where should I start? I heard the system is good for action platformers and shmups which I like (dunno about dead cheap MUSHA goes for a fuckload at least at my local shop). Is there a recommended games guide?

most Xbox titles are multiplats and the few exclusives worth playing are easily found, and backwards compatible. saturn and PS2 are super easy to buy second hand, soft hack and then load up with ISOs. suck my nuts.

Like everything related to preservation it all depends on how it's stored. Disc rot is real but if you keep the item in a dry place that doesn't experience wide changes in temperature and isn't in direct sunlight it's not a realistic fear.

They're basically hoarders, it's the same shit with adult men buying plastic toy figurines and funco / amibo shit. The fact that they probably don't even actually play video games makes it even sadder.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO BROS why didn't i keep my games sealed instead of playing them why didn't anyone fucking tell me i could have been rich????

Attached: 1487813331976.jpg (500x299, 28K)

After getting over my sealed collection phase, i grew quite attached to legendary collection as a whole. There's just something about the fireworks reverse foils that put me in a trance each time i look at them.
If perhaps you got any loose, damaged/heavily played LC reverse foils, please feel free to email me as i'm planning to finish the set as cheaply as possible. I'll take creased, warped, bent, indented. Pretty much anything besides torn/drawn on/stained.

>email: [email protected]

Attached: Screenshot_20190810-015603_Gallery.jpg (1077x2095, 1.9M)

lol

>Mfw don't know shit about tcg
>I have 3 binders full of these but too lazy to look up which ones are worth anything

No
There are a few games I'd want but otherwise there's no point. Things that were $2.50 ten years ago are $167 now, and why would I bother collecting all the random "rare" games I don't have any attachment to? I already have a physical copy of my favorite game I played when I was a child.

Attached: eatingchips.gif (370x335, 593K)

Might as well ask here, I've been trying to force some Skies of Arcadia rom I downloaded from RD to work on retroarch and it's not working.

I like to attribute that to the early and mid gen usage of the clamshell packaging. They really help keep those games in great shape with everything included.

How much for a manual of Ecco 2? I have the cart and case from when I was a kid but no manual.

>nigger cable installer stole my old NES from parents' house and nobody noticed until it was too late
>my dad even gave the guy 5 stars on the automated survey
I'll never vote democrat again

She could've invested that half a mil in the stock market/crypto and make much more money. As it is, her goal is to sit on the games and hope that she gets her money back before she dies.

Considering that the manual was on cheap paper and in black and white, then you're better off printing your own. The SEGA CD version had a nicer manual.

$20. Then just sell the game and case to someone else.

rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/233240477448

The only thing I'm interested in emulating is N64 and the state that emulation "scene" is in just makes me depressed

Attached: 1520460618066.gif (354x193, 875K)

I knew a guy who bought rare beanie babies, chopped them up, and sewed different parts together to make new beanie chimeras as a fuck you to the company and collectors who do this shit.

What does the company care if he does this? As for the collectors, their beanie babies just became more valuable since there's less out there. He just wasted money. Chimera beanie babies sounds pretty based though

Buy an actual N64
stoneagegamer.com/flash/nintendo-64/

>things get rarer as they get older
woah

>I'll never vote democrat again
>vote democrat again
>again

Attached: 1509542022631.gif (675x227, 73K)

Frankly, I much prefer playing games on their original consoles instead of emulating them which is why I still like buying retro games, but I'm not a fanatic about it. A copy of Donkey Kong Country for $30? Sure. A copy of Mega Man X3 for close to $200? No, thank you.

just use mupen64plus

I have an actual N64
I just don't want to shell out hundreds for all the stuff I don't own (Conker's, Mario Party 3, etc.) when I could just download a rom

The fuck did you download?

Click the link silly

Collecting is the final stage of vapid consumerism Hoarding kitsch (games, figures, records, etc.) is unproductive at best, and actively harmful when it consumes someone's identity and savings. There are some many worthwhile places you could go to and people you could meet with that money. But instead you spent thousands on some carboard and plastic, which you can't even use without reducing it's value.

Attached: 1563244345264.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

>started buying Data Discs recently
I don't even regret a single thing, slippery slope etc.

Attached: 1562360923159.jpg (500x375, 32K)

Retro collecting is cool.

It's cool if you have literally nothing else going on in your life I guess.

So are you saying now is a bad time to sell? I just started listing all my retro shit. Pricecharting says it's worth around $5500 but I'm thinking realistically around $3000 considering condition and the fact that most people won't pay full retail.

Attached: PSX 15.jpg (1280x960, 175K)

You also have to sell most of it separately to see any real value. Bundling it together will just lower how much you can get.

My stuff comes in around $14,000 individually on price charting($15,500 if you include amiibo). But realistically if/when I sell it I would be extremely lucky to pull $10,000.

And that's only if I'm willing to list each separate and focus all my time and energy packing and shipping them. Not a great time investment.

if they did, we wouldn't know.

>unmetered service
>never checks his ISP account online
>didn't realize by agreeing to ISP's TOS, they have the right to change their "unmetered" service to any specified amount of bandwidth
>Mr user and this LARP
top zozzle

You really think they don't do both?Sounds logical if you have the thousands for collectibles you would have thousands for other things.You would be pretty retarded to bankrupt yourself for those 1 or 2 collectibles.

DID SOMEBODY SAY DUMPSTER FIRE
gamerant.com/house-fire-destroys-video-game-collection/

Emulation is based and redpilled, one because the preservation of information and the subversion of the kike construct that is copyright, and two because you're likely to be playing something that's more challenging and less pozzed. Plastic-worship is reactionary and cringe because it focuses on the external manifestations of old video games rather than the challenge and technical skill that they present to the player or the hacker

I have 250 gigs of 1.4 terabytes remaining right now. I was at ~8 terabytes in total that month but I got the phone call earlier that month when I was downloading my graduate school work, which was a little less than a terabyte.

>what are contracts
If they were to switch me to metered, they would have to cut my bill by at least 50%.

I invested 274 MB of hard drive space to NES roms, if that's what you mean.

What ISP

Altice.

well its a JOLLY OL GOOD THING that I pirated every retro game I ever wanted to play

PS3 is last gen so I don't feel that bad about it not working perfectly. Emulation is basically autistic trial and error unless you get a leaked spec sheet. I wish I could do it.

Remember to get insurance and store in a cool dry place

Attached: DC37B5F4-6067-4E97-A5BC-07D5A5E8D93E.jpg (539x770, 80K)

What should I do, investor user?

This motherfucker is 7 years late on this article holy shit.

>retro gaming collecting
>its just another nintendo scalper trying to jack prices
Things that make you go HMMmmm

Attached: what.gif (420x220, 2.2M)

> Last week, she spent $2,650 on a sealed copy of Donkey Kong Country for the Super Nintendo
That goes for like $200 at the absolute max what the fuck?

>maybe some charitable gamers will help him get some of his games back

yeah, start by asking MISTER JOHN HANDCOCK and METAL JESUS ROCKS! im sure they will help....

>mfw have the CRT of my dreams
PVM that can do S-Video, Component, and RGB Scart. It's everything I've ever wanted.

Attached: 1528894613255.png (166x166, 14K)

>It happened with NES in 2010-2015
>It happened with SNES in 2012-2017
>N64 just got done getting fucked
You cannot tell me you weren't expecting this to happen.

seems like she has MONEY AS FUCK to burn is she is blowing 1/2 mil on fucking slabbed shit.

None of these faggots play video games they are autistic manchildren who like to show off there toys and not let anyone touch them or use it themselves.

crash should be cheaper by now, fucking nsane trilogy exists. same with FF7, shouldn't be more than 15 or 20 tops. don't believe those BLACK LABEL assholes, its only the VERY FIRST print run of the game with a fucking letter misprint that is worth MAYBE $40 tops.

fucking people don't know how to sell this shit

Disk rot is literally not a concern for any optical media past the 80s. It's basically a myth for anything but laser disc.

>but laserdisc

SHIT
MY FUCKING LASERDISC COLLECTION IS DYING!

Can't you just print out the cards, cut them apart, then laminate them for easier handling? You could own every Magic card made doing that and make extra sets for your friends too. Why buy into shit like that when there are databases online to print from and play with for tiny, tiny fractions of the "real" cost?

Game grading scams.

Attached: WdMkM2g.png (1265x901, 674K)

reminder that collectors hate videogames as a hobby and that emulation is a free alternative to dealing with reseller scum. the only reason this bullshit happens is because these retards really believe the games are still valuable

What a stupid, dumb fucking idiot.
There are like a couple dozen or so copies of Action #1 in the entire world and most of them are basically unreadably degraded.
There are literally millions of copies of Mario still out there, even with the inflation you can get a working copy for like a dollar. A mint in box copy costs maybe a few hundred.

Ironically the most expensive games are shitty terrible ones that are simply hard to find because they sold so poorly, but people pay for for the sake of having a complete collection.

>actual games get retardedly expensive for 0 reason
>Has no clue how collecting works.

There's NoIntro collections of everything up to GBA available online easily downloadable.
The age where retro was hard to get a hold of has long since been gone.

Does no one here know how collection works? To a collector, it means nothing if there is a reissue. They want an original. This whole board has to be a bunch of preteens.

>Halo going for $4,600
god damn zoomers

anyone who collects this shit is retarded when emulation is free. i'd understand it if the prices were reasonable, but they aren't anymore and they never will be again.

>I knew a guy who bought rare beanie babies, chopped them up, and sewed different parts together to make new beanie chimeras
You got any pictures? That's pretty cool

Attached: 1545683024896.jpg (1280x720, 35K)

N64 Flashcarts exist now user

Is original Xbox considered retro?

Having physical copies of games you love is cool.

not at the absurdly inflated prices they're going for now that retro game collecting is popular with zoomers and redditors.

>Company exposed for not actually having a consistent grade scale like comicfags and the owner admitted to doing it cause it's easy money
>People still buy this shit
Idiots

Buy all you want. You wont get it sold.

I think this type of collecting is reasonable (well, up to a certain point considering prices of some games) but the other kinds like buying shovelware you'll never touch just to fill shelves or this ultra gay spend 2000 dollars on games in hard plastic shells you'll definitely never touch collecting is retarded

Collectors are the equivalent of funko pop fans. I sincerely doubt they give a shit about the media in question and there are many better ways to show it.

Investors are the cancer of the game industry already, fuck off.

It's getting there.

Why are the jp variants is ps1 games so cheap

japan versions of any game and system are way cheaper, because it isn't socially acceptable in japan to collect shit like this, and because most westerners don't speak japanese

store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/games/ps
store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/games/playstation2

They also still have a market for this stuff. Japan hates new shit so NES and SNES games are still being sold in good condition for normal prices in some places. I don't know about ps1 specifically though.

fucking Gamecube games are all $30+

I was just curious because the jp final fantasys are going for like 15 bucks, while the English ones are notoriously high

Even if it wasn't for that it's still going "yes this sealed game is sealed"

It'd be like grading an unopened pack of magic cards or some shit

There are people who hog that shit and hide it for all eternity.

Attached: 1564165466570.png (313x327, 187K)

I'm just happy these newfags stay away from the more obscure shit.
Retro games on the fringe have kept a fair price

I am literally poor and i collect stuff from thrift stores, garage sales and stuff, I have collected some really valuable things too. Not all collectors are retarded millionaire boomers.

It's funny, really
I have the security key and I open my cartridges to confirm they're real, but no way these bandwagoning asshats will do the same lmao

This is sad. I mean it this time.

>etarded redditor collector faggots.
Stop blaming Reddit for this, faggot. Collecting has been a thing long before there, and they're hardly the worst about it. NintendoAge/AtariAge are the ones you actually should have a problem with

It's not really scam. You posted a screenshot of Heritage so you must know how they sell the video games in their comic auctions which are also graded and have been accepted as the standard in the comic market for years. Why would they know be a scam for grading video games when it's been done for decades already for comics, sports cards, and toys?

It's a black label not for resale copy of Halo that were used in the demo displays not the regular copy sold in store.

Same thing happens the other way dude
I've been trying to find a good deal on a PAL Persona 4 but they are too expensive, 40 Euros for the cheapest one and meanwhile you can find NTSC-USA Persona 4 for 12 USD

Attached: 300px-Crying_Cat_with_paw_up.jpg (300x300, 17K)

imagine not doing something you like just because people you don't like do it

I got excited because I found a bunch at a goodwill. I thought I was going to pull the biggest art of the deal of the century but I got very little store credit.

Attached: 1AD07AD2-3700-411F-80D9-EFFF675AC4B2.png (1373x833, 59K)

Agreed

>sealed Halo case going for $4k
>pre-owned Halo is $10-20
This shit is not going to last

Can't wait for all the fake emulate cartridges to be sold to people spending way too much money for these games. I swear Gamestop is behind this uptick in buying retro in order to make their new stores relevant. I am a boomer and I refuse to buy over priced nostalgia shit. Ill emulate if I want to have a taste of my middle school years.

I get the point of being a collector but this is stupid inflation because apparently it is cool to be a retro collector now. I assume some celebrity or instagram person started this resurgence.

>store credit
stupid fucking frogposter

the "uptick" in buying retro has been happening since 2010-2012 or so
it just keeps pushing up as 90's kids get into their 30s and have money to spend on that shit

will this shit be worth something one day or did i fuck up? i also have saturday morning rpg and retro city rampage dx for vita

Attached: 515IhqhabyL._AC_SX430_.jpg (357x420, 25K)

>buying 20+ year old games at ridiculous inflated prices just to have them sit on a shelf never to be played
I'll never understand these types of retards

Maybe it's time to sell my boxed copy of Earthbound.

I saw a sega CD one at the local game shop for $30, but it feels weird having a CD manual in a Genesis case.
Thanks

I really really really doubt they check for a legit seal

I just got into physical media last month I guess everybody else had the same idea.

Nothing really external brought it on though, I just really wanted to play my SNES again.

Maybe we are all one heard after all.

someone fucking explain to me why paying premium for am ancient non yellow console, brick crt and some of the higher tier games is worth it. I grew up with them and can't begin to justify some of the insane prices they're asking for this shit. I'd rather emulate and have an afternoon of free nostalgia

Attached: 1563938225112.jpg (1031x1024, 70K)

I don't get these people at all. Fucking anything above $60 is a rip off yet they'll just drop quadruple digits in a heartbeat.
what in the fuck

Attached: WyqW22E.png (442x682, 249K)

What drives collector autists?

>I wanna buy the best of the best
>Donkey Kong
>Punch Out
>Memetroid

Oh nononono hahahahaha

I'm selling my collection. How high should I inflate the price to take advantage of these idiots?

Attached: buyme.jpg (3496x2544, 1.97M)

unless your shit is rare or mint-in-box, you're most likely going to get the average price for them

This increased interest is great!
I have a bunch of NES SNES and N64 games, some of which are rare that I play occasionally when I have friends over, but I have absolutely no interest in collecting.
My only interest is playing the games and emulation is superior anyway so hopefully I can make some decent money from this.

Attached: bigoof.png (1920x1080, 482K)

I recently bought a few Gameboys (original DMG-001 in clear case with instruction booklet, a grape gameboy color and a red gameboy pocket) plus a bunch of games for a really really good price. And I also got an N64 with a bunch of games I had growing up too.
Neither of these was for investment, just the nostalgia and max levels of comfy, taking me back to my teens in the 90s. I also got a Wii and two games for less than 50 dingo bucks plus Skyward Sword, just coz I skipped everything Nintendo between the N64 and the Switch.

but collecting is a passion

Attached: Screenshot_20190810-014252_Heritage.jpg (720x1480, 375K)

Attached: Screenshot_20190810-014259_Heritage.jpg (720x1480, 378K)

Even Sony can’t emulate the PS3, lmao.

Looking at that game still sealed just makes me think back to that time when it was hanging on a rack in a brick and mortar game shop. Home internet still wasn't a thing. If you called your buddies after school or on the weekend you used a landline. The summer sun beating down in glorious rays. The beginning of pokemania. Life was still an adventure and unknown for kids without the whole (world wide) web at their fingertips 24/7. *Sigh* how are we going on time travel? Any breakthroughs?

saturns are like $60 on ebay, that list's shitting you

>own literally every game on a sd card without paying a penny and they will never be removed from the internet no matter how hard corporate niggers try

if you pay for any game more than 20 years old you should have retard tattood on your forehead

Attached: 1539026574204.jpg (640x640, 43K)

already did back in 2008
thanks to 10 grand i made in tf2

Attached: every game ever published by shitendo.jpg (2159x3732, 3.88M)

Is this nigga just reposting news stories from 10+ years ago when every faggot with an ironic mustache needed to have a SNES he never plays?

>I think the "rarest" 360 games are still only like $30.
there are jp only shmups selling for hundreds on ebay

When my dad broke my Halo disc visiting recently (by accident) he got me another one in a case for $2. It was apparently in a stack of 30 of the little buggers.

If you get sick or wanna kill yourself, can I have?

Attached: s;oidfgjl;d.png (632x672, 578K)

I had thousands of Magic cards from the first fucking release. the very first ones that came into stores back in the early 90's. I fucking gave them away to a friend back when the vast majority of expensive cards (not counting misprints) were like $8. I look at prices now and I am fucking kicking myself. I could have had tens of thousands of dollars if held onto that shit. but no. what did I keep? shitty fucking Image comic books and Archie TMNT books. Fuck me

gimme a skies of arcadia rom that'll work on retroarch please the one I downloaded crashes every time

probably another fake

is this the new money laundering tax evasion scheme for rich people now that the jig is up on modern art?

a flash cart

It's about rich people that are frustrated they can't buy immorality.

why do you care if the battery's dead if you hadn't played it yet? just replace it.

>and backwards compatible
360's hueg emulation is awful and the bone barely got any games

the good news is, you could probably make a few bucks with those old games you kept since childhood

I already stocked up on 30 year old boomer games 10 years ago when they were still 20 year old zoomers. Sold a copy of SH3 for $85 lmao.

no used game for any platform is worth over $30

Attached: 1463006168314.png (635x361, 140K)

What if I'm filthy rich and $30 is nothing to me, and it's a rare game

do blow and fuck hookers instead of playing video games

>60 USD
I can get a dreamcast/xbox for a third of that, insane.

But user...
i DID replace it

Attached: Screenshot_20190810-083522_Gallery.jpg (996x944, 484K)

good job

>what the fuck is wrong with these people
Too much comfort and free time on their hands, something that's going to come to an end real soon.

>walk into one of those retro stores
>see NES game section
>see a dirty, ripped sticker of super mario bros.
>its $60
>ask employee why its so expensive
>"its $60 because its a popular, retro game"

shit like this triggers me so much.

>tfw last time I bought new physical vidya was back in 2012
People who buy physical vidya are freaks who don't care about the environment

Attached: 7nhd3Z5.png (785x757, 123K)

>emulation sucks.

It doesnt if stop using a fucking emachines computer, loser.