What's your go-to character name when there's no default option?

I've always named my character Flint. It started back in Suikoden 2 and I've never changed it. What's yours?

Attached: 8675309.jpg (960x544, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/phAOxT4UEzY
youtube.com/watch?v=GEJCrzxgpI8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>why yes, I always pick my real name, how did you know?

Attached: 1559416184744.jpg (859x960, 224K)

If I cant think of anything fitting for the setting, I'll default to lucius/lucia.

Roland for knightly characters

I have a list, most of which are pretty edgy. I almost always use the default when available but Dragon Quest XI was hard for me since there's no absolute default and my edgy names didn't fit him -- landed on Lucien since he's the Luminary and Lucien means light. People say his name so "Hero" didn't suit him to me.

I don't wanna share them though because I don't want you edgelords stealing them on the MMOs and shit.

I can never bring myself to use my real name, it just feels weird.

my first name dunbar

Raam
Because General Raam is cool

I don't want to say, because I know if I post it one of you faggots is gonna take it in online games.

If there's not even a semi-official name, I'll use the anglicization of my name

Stole "Robin" from FE Awakening since it sounds nice and applies to both genders.
Prior to that I just pulled "Winter" out of my ass one day and used that.

I just pick the default. If the game makes me choose an original name I throw some random syllables together, like Zholoda or something.

Depends on the game. For SMT/Persona games I found myself using Ist or Onist. Otherwise I've got a short list of names I use a lot but each has a pretty distinct personality attached to it. I think Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles is where those names originated. A few others slipped in from Etrian Odyssey.

Nestor if there's char creation, since I inevitably play as some old fart.

Otherwise something that doesn't sound too out of place for the setting. Giving names to pre-existing, developed characters always feels kind of pointless.

youtu.be/phAOxT4UEzY

CURSE YOU ZELDA
CURSE YOU SAGES
CURSE YOU GIGACHAD

Hiro.
Used it since gold/silver and stick with it.

I tried using my real name once. I restarted not 30 minutes later because I felt embarrassed everytime my name was mentioned.

Ape Tits

>used to spend literal hours deliberating on names in situations like this when i was a kid/teenager
>googled fantasy name generators, anime name generators, etc.
>search forums for ideas
>made lists and deliberated on my options carefully
>fast forward to my early 20s
>out of nowhere, just give up and use stock names, my name, or the name of pets

Can you outgrow autism?

Attached: 1563861661977.png (480x463, 136K)

Ricky

If a isn't available then I'll pick some other symbol that sounds like a douchy stage last name.

>go-to character name
I try to come up with a new one every time, and end up spending like half an hour staring at the name prompt.

Attached: thinking3.jpg (590x442, 28K)

>he thinks he can steal my wow classic name

Attached: 0948_-_HvK6DGX.png (260x263, 56K)

Ok so unicode doesn't work in Yea Forums. Good to know

I always use the latest steam name
and my steam name is flavour of the month waifus

When I was a kid I used my real name
When I was a young adult I started using fantasy names
Now that I’m a lot older I can’t stop using joke names and making my own lore jokingly on how the same characters keeps showing up in every game

' or 1=0; is a fantastic name to go with

Livius for male characters
Seraphina for female characters

OK retard

Attached: 65963824.jpg (1024x576, 46K)

I'm retarded, I meant "and"

Garrett

Xolan
My name is Olan and I just thought of what it would be if I was in Orgnaization XIII

>not using Dolan

fag

Chad McRad

my online handle

anything from this, if it won't fit, just use Clutch which even works for racing games

Attached: b41595cb5da3b14a169da018576d8ccc2bfd580f3cdc12b3b29ed1638b2857de.jpg (1748x1460, 426K)

Meg Ryan

>Yes I only use canon names, how could you tell?

Attached: gigavirgin.jpg (859x960, 35K)

I played through persona3 with Big Boss as name
Was funny everyone calling Minato "Big"

I usually go with Jo.

OH ITS A WINDY AND SUNNY DAY

Attached: 583px-Big_SA.png (583x600, 302K)

I usually use my online nickname for mmos
or something completely meaningless out of a few random syllables like "Durgal"

JC Denton. Or just Denton.

Hang Low

Cormac

If it's a singleplayer game usually DRC or some name that fits the immersion of the game or whatever
Multiplayer I usually make up one on the spot, my favorite was Child le Prodigy but Quality Peon is a standout

for Monster Hunter games: Jehuty
for everything else: Dingo
if I have to give a last name: Egret

it feels fine for stuff like persona but for like FF it just feels wrong

Hello, Paul.

Arseface
It's one of the first names you can buy in Fable and it just sorta stuck with me

When I was younger I always used my name and it felt just right. Now it feels weird unless the character really has no default name (like the original FF warriors of light).

Based and Metatronpilled.

>that feel when your name is not used by anyone else
>WoW armory never had anyone with 2 of my characters names
>checking dotabuff/opendota and no one uses my Steam name either

FeelsGoodMan

If there's no default either my real name (if it fits the setting) or some crazy fantasy shit.

I always use the name Guy because I like how literal it is

Also Phil because that's my name

Attached: 1494009532284.jpg (437x437, 66K)

Hi Phil :]

N

Kalas.

Heres how I name characters, mostly for mmos.
Ill sometimes take a real name, like "Jeff".
then change some of the letters, so "Zeff"
if it sounds too plain, ill add random syllables, so "Zeffard".
if i want to use that name for a female character, ill change it to something like "Zefina" or "Zefly".

once you start getting good at this shit, you'll end up with a bunch of unique names. you no longer have to resort in having to use a generic name and random sets of numbers after it.
or using letters with accent marks just so you can still be "Cloud Strife".

butt

who are you and how do you know my name

EEEKHeaRT

I only do this if the character is supposed to be, like in Animal Crossing.

That can’t be healthy for the cat.

Kiora
Jovan
Leoric
Roland
Emeric
Lucia
Ciel
Yukikaze

Richard

Attached: 1492020540191.png (320x320, 56K)

Geodude

I'm Phil

what

unrelated, but why did they do that in X?
to remind us, you can't change the character-name anymore?

Leon

This, I named my warriors after my boys at the time. My black friend of course being the dark mage. But if there's default names, I stick with those. An exception being if the protagonist is silent and has no personality, I will name him after myself. Like in Chrono Trigger.

I usually just go with "Max." It's short, so it's always fast and easy to type in and never worry about character limits.

>making my own lore jokingly on how the same characters keeps showing up in every game
I do the same, kek

I just put in the first letter of my name. It avoids that weird feeling. Otherwise, I kind of enjoy the roleplaying aspect if it's an RPG and will just try to think of a real fitting name, with a meaning to suit the character I want to play as.

C7VVHV.

It's an inside joke I had with my brothers decades ago when one of us put the controller down in the naming screen and something fell on it making that name.

>picking a name
>for a pre-defined character that you have no say in whatsoever
I don't get it.

Phallus

cghjk
asdfgff
hjklj
xvbn
tyuio

...Or variations of these

Attached: 1565004219719.jpg (310x310, 58K)

Alice
My gray haired donut steel
I pretty much use her whenever I play a game with character creator

Attached: B29A75AC-7A9E-4F56-A233-9C552F1B7C69.jpg (2817x2333, 1.56M)

Gug Snug

Attached: dl-sestun.jpg (380x380, 20K)

youtube.com/watch?v=GEJCrzxgpI8

Fart

Something random every time, though I've found one I particularly enjoy. I was replaying KOTOR 2 last week when I found my old saves, with a character named D'nutt Steele. I plan on using it exclusively from now on.

I usually go for names that start with A: Adam, Adrian, Alex. They just sound nice to me. Or I literally name the main character "Hero" if I can't think of anything

>Jamal-kun
Anybody have that screenshot?

Something that makes NPCs say "funny" things when they use it in a sentence.

David, cuz it's my name, and the best name in the english language

I just use my steam nickname, but sometimes when I want to go full immersion and try to come out with name that wouldn't stick out like a sure thumb (or hilariously would) I name them after unused names for Ace Attorney localization.

Like, at some point Phoenix Wright was supposed to be named Roger or Godot was almost named William Havamug. I use those unused names.

FUCK ME

>Unironically having a donut steel
I don't get it, how do you jam her into every game then, surely the jarring aesthetics in certain games bother you?

not him but i used to (and sometimes still do depending on the game) imagine it was a different incarnation of that character
an example from me is that from morrowind to skyrim the player character were all from the same family