Has Super Smash Bros ever gotten you into different franchises...

Has Super Smash Bros ever gotten you into different franchises? It made me start plenty and I found my favorite game through it.

Attached: ssb-ultimate-smash-poster-artwork-part-1.jpg (826x445, 190K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/2JRDgUc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no

No because I'm not a retarded zoomer who didn't grow up with all those franchises before Smash even existed. Smash is garbage for autists.

I had zero exposure to F-Zero or Fire Emblem until Melee, probably a couple other titles as well.

I got into New Leaf after not playing any AC game since the first one. Isabelle is a cute

Attached: BD8A26EA-5CBD-42E3-A799-ED3A0F570049.jpg (527x256, 19K)

>Growing up with Xenoblade
Zoomer

Fire Emblem got a US release at least in part because people liked Marth and Roy in Melee, so yes.

it's better than okami, gex, deus ex, and warhammer 40k put together lmao

Metroid, Kirby, Mother, and Star Fox.

You grew up with Fire Emblem ?
You grew up with Mother ?

Not unless you count Kid Icarus Uprising, which I probably would have played anyway because it had Sakurai's name on it.

Every game that wasn't fuckin' Mario. My parents were basic bitches and only bought me Mario games.

No because I don’t play autistic manchild games after going through some character speculation on here I want nothing to do with smashfags

It's getting me into Dragon Quest honestly. I'm really enjoying VIII so far.

Attached: DQVIII_-_Hero_v.2.png (600x900, 540K)

F-Zero
Starfox
Metroid
Animal Crossing
Punch Out
Pikmin
DK Country

I didn't know Pokemon was anything other than a cartoon until I played Smash 64.

finally pushed my into playing dragon quest and metroid games

>want nothing to do with smashfags
>posts in a thread that has to do with smashfags
Okay

I played most of these games beforehand that's what makes crossovers better.

Attached: Ehhh.jpg (600x600, 89K)

Hard agree. Ultimate looks fucking baller-ass because I've actually played more games now that I can buy my own.

My buddy mains Palutena so whenever we play I always remind myself to get Kid Icarus: Uprising but I always forget.

Earthbound. I live in Europe, so Smash 64 was my first exposure to Earthbound.

F-Zero, Kirby, and KI Uprising. That said it's also soured my opinion on a few of the series so it goes both ways.

It made me start Fire Emblem and Xenoblade. Everything else I had either already played, or had no interest in at all.

>he wasnt a kid for both Mother and Xenoblade Chronicles

I pulled EarthBound out of a discount rack in Best Buy. The huge box with the strategy guide and everything.

>Mother
>Wii Fit
>Pikmin
>Dragon Quest
>whatever FE Corrin, Marth, and Roy are from
Hadn't played these before

Attached: Anal Squid.png (797x450, 743K)

sin & punishment

Attached: 1457556571145.jpg (111x95, 2K)

Brawl made me into a Pikmin fan because of Olimar's inclusion.

No.
I already knew all the character's franchise's and played their games even before they got introduced in. Yes even fire emblem. It's called an emulator.

How the fuck did you not play FE or Earthbound/Mother on ZSNES back in the day? Like just what the fuck?

Earthbound, Xenogears and Fire Emblem respectively.

I started to main Lucas and that did it for me.

ITT: Filthy casuals

ITT: Cool guys who played bideo games first :^)

Golden Sun

Attached: 1559081570470.gif (968x981, 1.59M)

It actually pushed me away. I will never touch a DQ or Persona game.

How petty are you to not try out a series, solely because they got introduced to you through Smash of all things?

I have a hatred towards Joker and his gay ass.
I tried the first SMT on SNES and it wasn't for me (high encounter rates and confusing layouts)

I'm with you, man. Smash Bros blew my mind after discovering Nintendo could do more than just kid-friendly platformer shit.

Fake and gay, post reciept and box since Best Buy wasn't around then

with the exception of Dragon Quest and Earthbound I have played all the games represented. I have no interest in Earthbound and i'm not in any rush to try DQ.

Fire Emblem, Ice Climber, and Mother/Earthbound. And FE was the only one I liked, but it's shit now too.

It got me into Mother since I was 8 when Melee came out and never knew who he or Lucas were but always liked their music and stages. Melee Fourside was where me and by brother duked it out as kids. As wellb It showed me more about Kirby as my only experience was Amazing Mirror for GBA and only knew Metaknight as a boss.

Many of the games before were ones I knew about since the internet became a thing in 2006 for me and 2008 brought me Chuggaconroy and other review shows. I have some interest in trying the Old Donkey Kong games to check out K.Rool and even the ballot has characters for games I am interested in trying like Touhou, Doom (I only grew up with GoldenEye and Halo before I could buy my own games and never had the time to try the original or new one) and No More Heroes (I grabbed and fell in love with Travis Strikes Again and excited to see what I missed with NMH3). Oh the games I have bought and played before they were shilled for Smash, I am the rare fan of the Shantae Games for the characters over cheesecake (Bolo is best girl) and the Ace Attorney series (Haven't grabbed the latest one, Attempting to find good Investigations that doesn't crash my DesuMeMe). So I want Wright and Shantae in Smash for those reasons.

this is a valid argument when it comes to FE though. The fact more than half its reps come from their worst games doesn't help

Not really.

>grew up with zsnes
Zoomer. Also FE and Mother are NES franchises. Guess you're a zoomer AND liar.

Also, you grew up with Bayonetta ans Persona 5?

Only Roy. The GBA games are overrated and mediocre.

The Grinch hype made me try out Rhythm Heaven and now I'm totally addicted and making baby noises.

Yay?

Attached: 21685441_p0.jpg (1500x1071, 1.5M)

Yes. Literally only knew two series before I got Smash Bros. Before anybody asks, I got smash with my first console and I only played Mario and Pokemon before Smash. And I only knew Mario because I played the spinoff games at a friends house.

Never. The only series I care about in Super Smash Bros. has always been Donkey Kong because I liked the games prior.

Yes, i'm buying Dragon Quest 11 next month and I would buy P5 if they ported it

got me into persona, good series

Only Metal Gear.

Funny thing is I got a vita and p4g before joker's reveal but I became a fan anyway. It did make me interested in playing p3, though.

It inspired me to start playing Fire Emblem, and while I had the thought for a long time, Hero being confirmed inspired me to pick up a Dragon Quest game.

i tried FF7 cuz of it. i suck at it

brawl made me buy a used ps3 and the metal gear legacy collection for it

I tend to boycott anything that gets into Smash, so no.

So do you not own Nintendo consoles or do you like only play ARMS?

most Nintendo franchises, honestly. SSB64 was my second home console game, after Mario64.

>grow up with Mario 64 on an emulator
>find Smash 64
>get a Wii with Brawl eventually
>thought Rayquaza looked cool
>find out about Pokemon Emerald

And the rest is history
Won't buy Sword and Shield tho :^)

Attached: fug.jpg (174x231, 8K)

It got me into Kirby (well, I played Air Ride before, but Brawl made me want to try the mainline Kirby games) and Mega Man (his trailer for Smash 4 made me want to try Mega Man games out).

Smash bros get in here QUICK'

discord.gg/2JRDgUc

discord.gg/2JRDgUc

discord.gg/2JRDgUc

Attached: banjo3.jpg (900x900, 260K)

Is it comfy

its the steve discord spammers pretending to be a vidya server now . dont join

Thanks user