Why did Warhammer Online fail?

Why did Warhammer Online fail?

Attached: warhammer online.jpg (1920x1200, 449K)

because EA pulled the devs to work on SWTOR after the game was released, leaving WAR with a skeleton crew that wasn't able to maintain the game, much less expand upon it.

I bought this game day one and was excited about it. Still remember booting it up which shouldn’t be the case as I’m an old ass boomer.

Anyway. The problems were numerous. Performance was garbage, it looked bad, world design sucked, PVP combat had lots of issues particularly with CC IIRC, and with only two sides you didn’t get the fun large scale dynamic you did in DAOC.

Maybe it could have been good with lots of work and an expansion but you need tons of sales and lots of enthusiasm to pull that off. Or a publisher that refuses to let it fail (like Square with FFXIV or SOE with EQ2). WHO had none of that.

fpbp

The things they added during the first two years were either already in development or present during the beta

>WHO

It's WAR ffs

Cause Warhammer is supposed to be a wargame like that Total War series, not a MMORPG. Even Vermintide's stretching the concept by throwing waves of attention-grabbing goof mobs that are designed to look good on the tabletop at you.

Who gives a shit

Someone has picture of dwarf calling elf fag?

Attached: fag.jpg (1000x788, 105K)

Tried playing ROR, almost everyone is focused on PvP. Shit is boring trying to get there so I stopped.

because they told Blizzard North to fuck themself

It died for the same reason every other WoW clone died.
Why would you play a WoW clone when you can just play WoW?
>B-b-but FFX!V!
WoW had killed itself by the time FFXIV was ready to take up the mantle.

Thanks
Have a penguvin

Attached: 1565335173188.png (639x782, 13K)

Also the game was nowhere close to ready when it released.

>Only 2 capitals of the 6 promised
>4 classes missing.
>Reknown system rewards were overhauled one week before release, breaking the gearing pace.
>endgame pve was shitty but necessary for gearing.
>devs clearly preferred the order side since their classes were stronger than their destruction counterparts, bright wizard was fucking OP.

and other stuff, like Black orcs only having like 3 very shitty 2hander models for the whole game, playing at lvl 40 with t1 looking weapons.

Attached: GloomspiteGitzRevealed-Dec26-SquigHerd-Content.jpg (1000x1000, 195K)

It was honestly my favorite mmo and I wish I could still play it. I really enjoyed the PVP and the classes were pretty varied.
I do have to agree with some other other anons that the classes were woefully unbalanced. Disciple of Tzeench in the permaculture shed. Bright wizard face rolling every thing.
All in all my best teenage memories smoking pot and playing this with my buddy from high school.

probably also due to EA fuckery, they wanted WAR gone so they could focus on SWTOR and since Bioware had no previous experience working on MMOs, the decision was clear since Star Wars is a much better license for money printing (it still failed tho)

Also for some fucked up reason they thought that letting the GOA handle EU publishing and servers was a great idea. EU servers were still completely fucked even month after the launch

People that actually played the game and not idiots with self-described memory problems that claim there were fucking performance issues beyond the first month. There were a lot of issues with the game but instead of listing them you made up some random nonsense.

Balance overall was completely fucked. AoE spells were spammable and so stupidly strong that often trying to walk over a bridge or similar choke point would lead to instant death because it was covered with dozens of AoE spells 24/7.

It wasn't very good

Honestly, the game had a lot of problems. But the worst was definitely that the RvR only had 2 sides.

DAoC had it perfect - 3 factions balance each other. If one side is overpopulated or overpowered, the other two gang up on them and it balances it. WAR didn't have that. Instead one side would simply snowball the other, there was no balancing it, and RvR - the entire concept that the game was built around - became shit.

Because they sold it on pvp, and the culmination of their pvp endgame was a pve raid, and when people started to complain about all this instead of trying to fix up and improve the pvp they decided to focus on developing the pve side of the game instead.