FF9 is the best in the series. Prove me wrong

FF9 is the best in the series. Prove me wrong.

Attached: SaveTheQueen.jpg (752x1200, 162K)

FFVII is

It's up there for sure.

There you have the best FFs by original release console.

I know the origin story and all but does it bother anyone else that it's got final in the name but there are like 20 of them?

base-
>13
unbased

The other guy was better. Been a while since I played but he was more powerful.

You were doing so well, then 13 and 15 were suddenly there.

FFVIII is the most A E S T H E T I C

What's the best ps4 FF then retard? It has no competition?
Which ps3 game do you prefer?

>slow ass battles
>Trance is just an absolute downgrade to Limits/Triggers
>the armor/ability system gets tedious when there is objectively necessary skills so you need to level up the same shit on everyone
>like 4 or 5 of the best weapons for the entire party is just given to you in the last dungeon

FF9 is when the series went downhill, listening to boomers.
7 is praised so much for one specific reason and it's the materia system which offers freedom.

This isn’t reddit, faggot

DUNNA DUNNA DUNNA DUNNA
DUNNA DUNNA DUNNA DUNNA
REE REE REE REE
DUNNA DUNNA DUNNA DUNNA
DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNN

DUNNA DUNNA
DUN DUN
DUN DUN
DUN, DUN!

>camera pans wildly around your characters as they load in

DUNNA DUNNA DUNNA DUNNA
DUNNA DUNNA DUNNA DUNNA

>ATB bars appear

DUNNA DUNNA DUNNA DUNNA

>ATBs slooooowly load

DUNNA DUNNA DUNNA DUNNA

>enemy team is a single imp

Final Fantasy IX.

Soul p1

Attached: FFIX Timeline 1.png (1000x2620, 1.72M)

>the armor/ability system gets tedious when there is objectively necessary skills so you need to level up the same shit on everyone
there are no objectively necessary skills on equipment
t. literally 10 year old me didn't understand the mechanics and finished the game without them

it's my favorite from the 3d ones. probably nostalgia. yea yea i played ff7 before that, but i didn't like the setting much at all. same with ff8.

Soul p2

Attached: FFIX Timeline 2.png (1000x2480, 1.09M)

Not that guy, but 13 is actually a good game. The only 2 complaints people have about it is the characters are very very very bland and boring (true), and it takes too long to open up to free roam, but thats been the case with the vast majority of FF games. FFX is known as one of the best, but you couldnt even revisit areas until you beat Yunalesca, basically at the end of the game

FF9 completely loses the steam after the second game, there's no setup variety or different ways to build your characters whatsoever, it has the worst thieving in series, female lead is completely unlikeable and causes 90% of the casualties on the first two discs, Beatrix is a shitty mary sue.

STEAL STEAL STEAL STEAL STEAL ect.

Soul p3

Attached: FFIX Timeline 3.png (1000x2620, 873K)

Attached: FFIX Timeline 4.png (1000x2620, 797K)

4, 7, 11, 12, and the Tactics series are the peak of FF. Everything else is shit.

>7 is praised so much for one specific reason and it's the materia system which offers freedom.
No 7 is actually the sum of its parts and manages to be a pretty good game in spite of itself. Sure the materia system is great but ultimately it's just all the standard Final Fantasy abilities that are in every game, just with different ways of combining them.

Steiner defeated Beatrix? What? Was the special snowflake too busy laughing her ass off at him?

>7 is praised so much for one specific reason and it's the materia system which offers freedom.
7 is praised so much because for western audiences it was the first big exposure to FF and millions played it because the game was marketed and pushed forward HARD by both Square and Sony. The majority of fans look at it with very thicc nostalgia glasses.

VII does sci-fi better and more interesting

>The majority of fans look at it with very thicc nostalgia glasses
I played it for the 1st time 2 months ago and enjoyed it very much.

It still holds up and is held in high regards in Japan too

These are pretty neat
Are there stuff for the other games too

I love ix but the fact that Beatrix was never punished for essentially carrying out an what was essentially an ethnic cleansing campaign in Burmecia and Cleyra. Yes the Queen gave the orders but she still seemed pretty unremorseful about murdering a city full of innocents.

Welcome to JRPGS dude. Magus gets forgiven and arguably does worse shit because rat lives don't matter.

>tfw Quina is older than almost everyone in this game

I know you' re a vinesauce fag.

The what?

>Blue Checkmark Journos never cite her as a stronk female because it invalidates claims games lacked strong female figures
She is the ultimate litmus test for SJWs who don't actually play games and just want to stir outrage media.

Attached: 1536240281907.jpg (1920x1372, 303K)

To be fair, she is a shitty writer's pet and a war criminal

Beatrix isn't a good character or a good example of a strong person though. Even in FF9 there are a good half a dozen better choices for female characters.

Beatrix got stronger as seen in the game, later on Steiner ends up surpassing her again.