The Doom Slayer is not The Doom Guy from the original Doom games

The Doom Slayer is not The Doom Guy from the original Doom games.

Attached: Doom Eternal.jpg (1300x676, 221K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/18450928
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes he is

But he is.

SHUT THE FUCK UP AND DIE YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT

SHUT THE FUCK UP AND DIE YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT

No he's not faggots.

Good, doom slayer is cringe while doom guy is based

What's with this autism that desperately wants him to not be the same guy? I thought it was generally agreed upon that it's Doomguy after staying in hell in 64, isn't 64 Hugo's favorite game in the series?

Attached: 1452567246066.png (226x204, 4K)

Original Doomguy was a redheaded marine. DooM Slayer is one of the original Post Shadow Lengthening beings and probably the only one who was not corrupted by demonic powers, but used demonic energies to exact murderous never ending vengeance against them. Looks human, but is not a real human in origin, maybe the very first ancestors to humans in DooM.

They revealed his face with eternal, it's the same fucking face as the original games

>The Doom Slayer is not The Doom Guy from the original Doom games.

Attached: D30DCA70-A73E-424F-A64E-7AFE71FDF15B.jpg (797x2476, 554K)

The Marine from Doom 3 is not the Doom Guy from the original Doom games.

and modern sonic is not the same classic sonic
who cares

The Doom Slayer is such a retarded name for Wubguy. What does it even mean? That he's slaying doom?

Attached: 1052869142811167772552.png (571x469, 225K)

they have made it obvious that 2016 was a sequel to Doom 64
I just want to know what he's been up to between

Attached: 1565142079906.jpg (1200x1128, 180K)

Based Gggman told me Doom Slayer is the most badass fps protagonist. Is it true?

Attached: thatfeel.png (645x773, 20K)

>devs of nu-Doom literally said Slayer has a different backstory than Doomguy
>people still try and say they're the same person
and don't say Quake Champions confirms it because that would imply the Doom 3 guy is the same as Doom 1/2 and 2016/Eternal, which he isn't

Attached: confused marine.jpg (738x747, 89K)

>redheaded
you cannot be this retarded
not only are you illiterate you're also blind

Attached: 0000002394.600x338.jpg (541x338, 243K)

Learn the lore dude

Attached: doomlore.png (904x316, 239K)

>The Doom Slayer is not The Doom Guy from the original Doom games.

Attached: SOOOOOOOOOOOOY.png (1280x720, 962K)

The Marine is not Doomguy and neither is the Enginner from RoE.

>they outright tell a person that he is the same guy
>QC Doomslayer has Daisy's foot
'with a different backstory' is mysterious though. Probably just referring to the events between 64 and 2016

Attached: daisy lore.jpg (1920x1080, 251K)

strawpoll.me/18450928

S platoon is unironically a great arena shooter though.

They only change him because their artists can’t recreate the art.

Doom Slayer can also be 4 different people depending on the skin you use, including a previous version of Doomguy from a different Quake game. I wouldn't call it official

Doomguy is ordinary security guard from UAC

Doom Slayer is brutal psycho, buried for a thousand years

>caring about the plot
>in doom

Attached: 1534390355755.png (693x461, 385K)

Just ignore him. He's a dumb faggot that wants Doomguy to be some Kratos knockoff with "SO EDGY AND DEEP" tragic backstory instead of just a regular space marine who was in the right place at the wrong time and ended up becoming a murder god.

Well he was just a regular security guard, until Hell invaded and then he ascended into becoming the Doom Slayer.

>don't say Quake Champions confirms it because that would imply the Doom 3 guy is the same as Doom 1/2 and 2016/Eternal, which he isn't
No it doesn't. Why do you keep falling back on this retarded argument.

Nobody cares about the skins. It's the unlockable artifact that's canon to the base skin, like with every other character in QC.

The only people who don't want him to be the same guy are zoomer secondaries who never touched the original games and cynical boomer contrarians who think the new games are some kind of "sacrilege" to the originals. Both can fuck off.

>these unlockables don't count, but this one does
not to mention there's no reason something in a Quake game should be considered official in Doom

>Doomguy's backstory in 2016 is an obvious follow-up to 64's ending
>Quake Champions specifically mentions that the Doom Slayer carries around a chain of Daisy's foot
>Hugo Martin literally refers to Eternal's protagonist as Doomguy multiple times during interviews
What else do you need. Also why would you be against it anyway.

>There's no reason to consider an official id software produced game with id software approved lore should be considered official.

lol, okay. The Doom 3 skin was just there to throw a bone to like the 10 Doom 3 fans that exist, while the legendary skins for each character are based on who that character used to be. The base skins and the legendary skins are the only skins that matter, lore-wise.

Actually, just checked and my source says he definitively is.

>these unlockables don't count, but this one does
Correct. Most of the the skins are just included as bonuses. The final unlockable artifact and the associated skin are both considered canon to the base skin.
>there's no reason something in a Quake game should be considered official in Doom
Why not? id Software personally handled all of QC's lore despite most of the rest of the game being contracted out to Saber Interactive.

so where does Quake 3 fall in the canon then? Doomguy takes a break from his Hell genocide to fight randos then decides "fuck it" and goes back?

I don't see why not? It's canon that Doomguy is a dimension hopper. He probably got captured for a little while by the Vadrigar as he was killing demons across time and space.