This is a good game

This is a good game.

Attached: 91ccdImKZUL._SL1500_.jpg (1203x1500, 273K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uqA37wGqg9Q
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Glass_Bead_Game#The_game
youtube.com/watch?v=pjYE7GkZg-A
nexusmods.com/metalgearsolidvtpp/mods/543/
youtu.be/7ApufCqUEKY
s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=72351270478279477306
youtube.com/watch?v=ABXEFqnDMaE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

if your IQ is below 70

And your testosterone is above 700

so a retard with retard strength

DANCIIIING WITH TEAARS IN MYYY EYES

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU CAN'T JUST SAY THAT A VIDEO GAME TAHT TRIES BRYING A VIDEO GAME IS GOOOD

Great game.

The gameplay is good but its not what I expected from a metal gear game

Decent game with way too much repetetive filler shit.

Lol. If it had an Ubisoft logo instead of saying Kojima, it would have been considered a 4/10 at best.

Name one thing it does that something like Ghost Recon Wildlands didn't do better

They should have let you build and pilot an MG TX55.

I love playing this game

Fucking everything?

Attached: 1447496833147.jpg (750x850, 310K)

What? Wildlands had the exact same controls and gameplay, but deep customization, more vehicle variety, better graphics, bigger map with multiple biomes, and interiors.

Damn right.

It's a good 3/4 of a game

Attached: 1541994543356.jpg (575x651, 63K)

>3/4
more like 1/5

>Wildlands
>exact same gameplay
You probably haven't even played MGSV then, end yourself for defending this corporate garbage.

>TWO BARREN OPEN WORLD MAPS THAT ARE COMPLETELY EMPTY, SAVE FOR A FEW GUARD HUTS AND TOWERS
>GUARD AI IS NOTHING SPECIAL
>STORY RUINS THE LORE OF ITS PREDECESSORS EVEN MORE BY MAKING EVERYTHING PARASITES

IT'S A GAME OF PERHAPS 7/10 QUALITY FOR IT'S FUNCTIONING GAMEPLAY AND LOADOUT CUSTOMIZATION.

>DS will be so bad people will reconsider their opinions on MGSV a la Zelda cycle

Imagine being dumb enough to care about MGS's lore after MGS2.

It's a great game, but flawed. There's some extremely intelligent stuff going on beneath the surface that most anons haven't picked up on.

School us on it.

>have 360 hours on this
It just went by like nothing. Never spent so many hours on a SP game like that. I don't even remember what was fun, it was just enjoyable. Also fuck I miss the prelaunch MGS threads, comfiest shit ever.

It's pretty based but it manages to offend pretty much everyone.
Also fuck jannies for deleting my offensive games thread.
This is as bad of a meme as the Demon Edition

Attached: 1564255561879.png (548x538, 428K)

>Have GZ as their blueprint
>Make TPP basically the opposite but still market it the same as GZ
Kojimbo only has himself to blame.

I recently played GZ and honestly it feels exactly like TPP at larger outposts did but much more restrictive.
TPP is much easier because of the additional equipment you get though

it's fun and makes nu-Yea Forums trannies seethe

Based and redpilled

Attached: reddit-alien.0.1521130548.png (1200x800, 119K)

>This is a good game.

This is the point that's lost on hardcore MGS fans, they can't seem to grasp the fact is IS a game. I personally couldn't care less about its plot, it's a great stealth game made even better with mods.

Attached: Quiet feet.webm (1920x1080, 2.79M)

>that dog

YOU JUST KNOW

does anyone know if there's a mod where you can have the buddy version of Quiet wear that outfit? The only one I know you have to be playing as her

DEFEND THE OPEN WORLD THAT KOJIMA CREATED

It's a good game until chapter 2.

It's not though. The game teases you with limitless ways to approach missions but only rewards the tranq and kidnap method. Infact, it's impossible to finish the game without grinding this play style.

What game version are you using? If it's 1.10 I can help you.

For starters, I'd recommend getting into the occult: stuff like Jungian psychology, gnostic cosmologies, basic alchemical theory, kabbalah, Enochian angel cosmology, and so on. Everything in MGSV will make a lot more sense and kind of "click" when you compare it to even some of the most basic occult theories about the architecture of reality.
But for a quick rundown, the game deals with themes of holographic/virtual realities, false memory/reality implants created through hypnogogic states, trauma based mind control/brainwashing, dissociative identity disorder, hallucinations ... all of this stuff is fairly surface level, and the average player can make the connection that at least some of these things are happening to Venom Snake. It is revealed that he was brainwashed to think he is Big Boss at the end, so players that make it that far will have it largely confirmed. The next leap, that most players won't make, is that all of these things are being done to themselves as they play MGSV. Not only is the player being brainwashed to believe they are "Big Boss" or "Snake", the ruler of "Outer Heaven", they are being given a false memory/reality implant that will inform their behavior as if it were a real memory.
In Enochian Angel magick, it is Choronzon who exists in the "outermost heaven", the archetypal "snake", (Apep of Egyptian mythology), Satan in Christianity, or "the horned god" of paganism.
People in western countries are conditioned to fear the horned god, but he is simply a metaphor for the masculine reproductive principle in nature: yang.
That's some of the very basic stuff.

Bought it on sale, halfway through "Chapter 2" right now. Honestly some of these challenges are a real pain in the ass and it'll all just repetitive now. I feel like I stopped unlocking new shit out of nowhere. I fulton tons of high level people, upgrade my base and shit but never seem to unlock anything new. Also no idea how to extract those Ghost guys or whatever they're called so haven't used the Parasite suit.

Feels like I'm just playing to finish it at this point and there's a lot of emphasis on online FOBs despite them being pretty pointless. Also WTF is the point of motherbase if there's nothing on it/no reason to go there? Target practices are bullshit easter eggs hunt baka

8/10

It's a good game, but a bad MGS game.

Africa is very pretty, especially in the rain

Attached: 1562478602666.jpg (980x1049, 797K)

youtube.com/watch?v=uqA37wGqg9Q
Notice the doctor in this trailer. He looks exactly like Italian head transplant doctor Sergio Canavero (to the point where he sued Konami for using his likeness, and, yes, the fact that he is attempting human head transplants is of significance to MGSV), but what almost nobody has picked up on is that he also looks like author Herman Hesse, who wrote the novel "The Glass Bead Game". The game is described like this on the novel's wikipedia page: "The game is essentially an abstract synthesis of all arts and sciences. It proceeds by players making deep connections between seemingly unrelated topics."
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Glass_Bead_Game#The_game
You should be doing that for all of Kojima's works. For example, the "master of the games" in the Glass Bead Game is called the Magister Ludi, and is similar to Kojima's "Homo Ludens".
To play "the glass bead game" requires "years of hard study of music, mathematics, and cultural history", so you better start reading ... but studying the occult has frankly been the most useful and expedient, in learning to quickly play: to get the "basic rules" of the game.

Attached: Herman Hesse.jpg (500x705, 59K)

Fuck yall pretentious faggots MGSV is great it has the best gameplay of all mgs games and is fun to experiment with not a game made for autists who put clunky ass mgs2 gameplay on a pedestal muh hidden features and waifu sniper section

MGSV has flaws tho if it had more bosses like peace walker it would be kino

>But muh story Kojima is a hack where are my 3 hour long worth of cutscenes and pseudo gameplay gimmicky sessions

Fuck off nigger

MGS1=MGS3>>>MGSPW=MGS4>MGSV=MGS2>MG2

You need a grand total of two different fulton upgrades to finish the game which are ridiculously easy to get, and even if you fulton nobody you're still constantly getting volunteers. There's no need to play like a boring faggot and tranq everything.

>MGSV is great
>Ranks it 2nd worst in the series
Hmm

>muh fulton
And what about all the weapons you need to even go on certain missions, or the threshold you need to pass to in order to go on certain missions? Retard. There's no way to finish the game without at some point grinding for soldiers.

there's no need, but it is the most optimal, cheapest, most rewarding way.

Imagine an RPG where every fight has a win button that you can press to end the fight instantly, AND it gives you better loot and more XP to do things this way. That is Tranq and Fulton combo in MGSV. It's broken.

At this point if you think MGSV is good you're way better off just getting fucking Far Cry 3-5. Where does this misconception that people who don't like V must be people who chastise it because of the story come from? For that matter why are people so quick to jump down your throat over story reasons when you tell them your favorite MGS even if you never mentioned anything plot related? V falls flat on its face for me because it tries expanding on things that didn't need expansion (or revisiting) as well as being so much a blatantly rushed game. While the abrupt ending is part of that glaring rushedness, the "boss fights," what there are, just feel shoddy and underutilized when compared with the rest of the series, even fucking peace walker.
Maybe that's just it, maybe if I wear myself out on base management I would've found V to be more entertaining but as it stands I have a hard time putting V above 4 for chrissakes.
shut the fuck up

Multi Quiet Player Mod from V 2.0 and up can make all her skins and even lets you move like her. You'll also need to download Snakebite to convert the files using the Makebite app. It'll depends what version game you have though. Just make a free account on Nexusmods to download them. Default is the skin you want for standard buddy outfit.

Attached: Image1.png (478x744, 40K)

>I played this game in the easiest, most boring way possible
>Why is this game so easy and boring?

Attached: 1549074155961.png (1000x1000, 331K)

Just realize Chapter 2 is just a glorified epilogue and that one of the sub-plots will be left unresolved because they fired Kojima before they could finish the planned DLC.

so are the demon edition leaks real?

If only you could get rid of that elbow glove too. Such a great improvement

It's actually the opposite. It's a game for intelligent people aka the complete opposite of MGS drones.

sure, is okay game

Attached: tactical gameplay.webm (732x410, 3M)

>10/10 gameplay
>ruined by Kojima's retarded story

tell me RIGHT NOW what about the gameplay is 10/10

I just realized I misunderstood you. You want her to be like that as a buddy not a player, got it. There probably is since it would just require replacing a skin in her selection just like playing her does. Not actually aware of one though I'd bet money the guy who makes the Secret theater videos knows.

Its a great game

If you sincerely believed it, then you're probably not very bright.

Story left me unimpressed but I loved the gameplay, I want to play more games that are just a sandbox tacticool shooting where I can make my own fun with loose objectives like collecting good soldiers and gathering materials to build better gear for your base, most skimp on one thing or another sadly, or are too far into mil sim rather than just having fun. I want MORE games like this in terms of gameplay, the story left alot to be desired however, it feels blatantly rushed.

>At this point if you think MGSV is good you're way better off just getting fucking Far Cry 3-5.
completely different games retard
>Where does this misconception that people who don't like V must be people who chastise it because of the story come from?
because it has the best gameplay in the series?
>b-but MGS4
doesn't count when you can only play for 10 minutes at a time
>For that matter why are people so quick to jump down your throat over story reasons when you tell them your favorite MGS even if you never mentioned anything plot related? V falls flat on its face for me because it tries expanding on things that didn't need expansion (or revisiting)
rarely, if ever, see this happen, you're imagining things, most fans of MGSV will admit it's incomplete and the story is pretty lackluster
> the "boss fights," what there are, just feel shoddy and underutilized when compared with the rest of the series, even fucking peace walker.
you're full of shit, Sahelanthropus, Volgin and the Skulls are all great,

Attached: 1298610050985.jpg (640x367, 99K)

its good

Yeah all MGS games are good i just ranked the ones i thought were almost perfect if it were ranked from solely gameplay MGSV would be 1st but then again there are things that make it a dissapointment and hold it back bc it wasnt finished

>the story left a lot to be desired
Not really, it's probably the best story Kojima has ever written. The problem is the pacing. It's a 9 hour story stretched over 60 hours of gameplay. By the time you get to the end of Chapter 1 you probably already forgot about most plot points.

I don't know any other open world stealth games, and it's executed very well. Lots of different approaches, equipment, companions are also incredibly varied in what they provide for you... I absolutely loved side missions in this game, just infiltrating enemy bases, getting intel, then extracting in a helicopter
Main story missions were just utterly garbage unfortunately. I wish there was a mod getting rid of SKULLS, Man on Fire and all this other ridiculous stuff. MGS would be an amazing series if they took an approach that's more grounded in reality instead of this convoluted trash.

WE PASSED UPON THE STAIR

Attached: mirror.jpg (1920x1080, 263K)

>Main story missions were just utterly garbage unfortunately. I wish there was a mod getting rid of SKULLS, Man on Fire and all this other ridiculous stuff. MGS would be an amazing series if they took an approach that's more grounded in reality instead of this convoluted trash.
A grounded MGS would just be a Splinter Cell game. That series might be more up to your alley

If it wasn't open world and had well made somewhat linear missions, yeah

>try playing through GZ
>realize just how much I was crutching on silenced tranq rifles and dog to ghost missions and how much more of a challenge it is to do proper stealth runs
>still can't give up either Dog or Waifu because I get lonely in the field without them

Funny that you mention it, I love Splinter Cell. I just wish it had an equivalent of MGS5 - a quality open world stealth game.

Good luck after mission 6.

Quiet spoils you as a player really hard

waaa where's my corridors cutscenes and codecs

Attached: 1237181442863.jpg (843x603, 37K)

i mean i didnt understand the fire demon in the start, like considering a metal gear game but yet i didnt finish it in the part where i was supposed to save a black person because i coudnt push myself to save a black person

Reminder that MGS4 E3 2006 trailer is the best trailer Kojima ever created.

youtube.com/watch?v=pjYE7GkZg-A

Attached: 1754534547.jpg (1280x720, 127K)

nexusmods.com/metalgearsolidvtpp/mods/543/

Just has a thought. If you replaced the player skin in this mod with the one you want, then the games buddy should by extension switch to your modded skin if it uses the same data, provided the files don't conflict in Snakebite.

Haven't tried it though.

How fucking bad are you in the easiest game in the series?

repetitive open world borring shit. I'm sure you love the most recent asscreed and far cry games too

it was the second mgs game I enjoyed

yeah what it really needs is more cutscenes and gimmicks!

Attached: 1559213066144.jpg (700x933, 257K)

I just wish she didn't fuck me over while scouting sometimes. I generally find DD to be more reliable especially when doing the Total Stealth challenge missions because he can reliably do the work in any scenario.
Quiet is great too though, especially when she scouts the base and then leaves little goodie bags for you everywhere. Maximum comfy

alice?

>no naomi, frank jaeger, raiden,otacon, solid snake, solidus, major zero, dr.clark
>completely isolated from the rest of the series and focused entirely on peace walker, the only returning characters are ocelot, liquid and mantis.

Attached: 65ccdc5cabc5ae2161a83e49defd3adb.jpg (830x1280, 201K)

And Volgin. And Big Boss. And Paz, though she's from Piss Wanker.
Also how the fuck would the others fit in the plot when they're all kids?

volgin tho

fucking retarded, glad Kojima didnt cave in to the demands of his stupid fans and made something good

Attached: 1565122096827.png (417x250, 222K)

>whole subplot about child soldiers
>just use some generic nignogs that you can't even shoot

>the only returning characters are ocelot, liquid and mantis

well well well...

Attached: mental feedback loop.jpg (621x251, 11K)

>made something good

kys

Attached: 156454352435465.jpg (851x479, 55K)

So Liquid just magically forgot that he met Ocelot in the 80s?

no miller and ocelot talked about this in the ending conversation

ocelot will help liquid, miller will help solid.

shitposting aside, why can't the end content be modded back into the game? was it just completely cut out? or is it still there in the game files? sure there's no voice acting, but I'm sure there's still alittle bit we can work with there

Lmao you faggot think the story of MGSV actually good? this whole Ahab and Big Boss plot twist sure is very deep

I thought that was about BiBo & Venom.

Attached: 1206474947154.jpg (500x400, 86K)

Gameplay was fun.

Story, they just re-treaded the whole Solid Snake Simulation crap from 2.

there is only the unfinished cutscene, alot of stuff from Survive can be ported though, including maps youtu.be/7ApufCqUEKY

i'm debating buying this because i tried out sniper elite 4 and it's just really not fun mechanically

>LMAO NUT SHOTS

After following Kojima's games for 20 years i'm really keeping my hype for DS in check, Kojima is a master at creating trailers and generating hype especially after he started adding songs to his trailers. I'm pretty sure the actual game is going to be different from what i'm imagining it will be.

MGSV killed something inside me

Attached: death-stranding-screen-05-ps4-us-28may19.jpg (3840x2160, 874K)

>there is only the unfinished cutscene
weren't all of the cutscenes rendered in real time? so wouldn't that little piece of land that the cutscene takes place on, hypothetically, be playable?

Its a game that I wish I had never played

So you want David, Hal and Naomi to show up among the child soldiers?

>they just re-treaded the whole Solid Snake Simulation crap from 2.

Interesting i never looked at it that way especially of how the mother base looked like the big shell

2 mistakes that made MGSV turn out the way it was:

1- Peace Walker
2- Kiefer Sutherland

s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=72351270478279477306

Here's a save game 100% with all unlocks. yw

>custom maps soon with customizable scout sight levels and maybe even scripts
YES
E

I am beyond hyped for this shit
S

You can't extract the skulls until you do a research that let's you Fulton them or you unlock the wormhole Fulton.

I disagree with you

Attached: 1446343129662.gif (800x800, 676K)

Anyone notice how the horse animation look so weird now

Wildlands copied MGSV hard as fuck. MGSV has way better gameplay though.

>the phantom pain left you hurting for something missing
he fuckin did it
you're all gonna lose your minds in november

youtube.com/watch?v=ABXEFqnDMaE

Can't wait. Would be great to have the world fleshed out more. I just hope modders don't go full corridor autism and invalidate stuff like artillery strikes and helicopter strafing runs because a lot of people who complain about the world map being too open don't think about that stuff being part of gameplay

I'm replaying the series because am too fucking excited for DS, just started MGS3.

Attached: Metal-Gear-Solid-V-The-Phantom-Pain-9.jpg (685x980, 102K)

Reminder that the skull mask Die-Hardman is using is from MGSV concept

Attached: Metal-Gear-Solid-V-The-Phantom-Pain-8-750x400.jpg (750x400, 52K)

i want to again, its been so long since ive played them, but I dunno, I would've done it forever ago if they released the rest of the games on PC, emulating it works and all but the point of me wanting to play it on PC is so I can have nice mouse controls, PCSX2 lets you have them but they're not very precise.

This image makes me think, why didn't Code Talker give Quiet the magic joint that he smokes to protect from vocal chord parasites? He gave it to Venom so that he can speak safely before getting the WOLBACHIA but not to Quiet even though he knew that she refused the treatment and would remain infected

FPBP

Cause even he wanted to see that ass dancing in the rain.

I wish i experienced the original Metal Gear Online, i heard great things about it

But she has to go off and die after she activates the parasites. If he gave her his joint then she could've just had an emergency hit from that splif before calling in Pequod and she would've been ok. We lost dat ass because of his negligence.

Attached: 1565315010379.gif (678x422, 811K)