Nier

What are the chances they announce something for the 10th anniversary next year?

Attached: replistalt.png (1280x640, 1.52M)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps3/960449-nier/answers/192509-pink-moonflower-seeds
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: 234u56u34u58466.jpg (1920x1920, 1.12M)

As much as I want more people to play gestalt, it's not happening.

If it's happening, please fix the whole "buy all weapons to get the real ending xDDD"

and the fucking spears why are they so busted god damn

It wasn't that much of a grind if you had the DLC.

[Desire to know more intensifies]

The final of the three DLC arenas has one area full of boxes where you get eagle eggs and a bunch of rare minerals each time. You even get a lot of money each time you complete that final stage. Just farm it on easy.

>install 60fps mod on RSPC3
>squeeze some steady 36fps
It's alright for a 2500k CPU I guess

up your game you fucking tripfag

Honestly I really don't remember it being much of a grind. The only grindy part I remember was reseting a zone over and over for a really low chance of something, an feather or smth I forgot. To be honest everything else about the game was so god damn memorable to me it's possible I just forgot how grindy it could get.

Attached: Picture 18.jpg (1280x720, 242K)

Furthermore: You wanna farm every other item drop on Hard difficulty since it raises your chances of getting what you want. Overall it took me about 60 hour to plat this game.

>reseting a zone over and over
That scrap metal area with the robots, I guess?
There's a trick to it: If the big ones don't drop what you want, just let them kill you and you respawn in front of the room and get to fight them again immediatly. No huge backtracking required.

I dunno man, Forlorn Necklaces, Broken Earrings, Subdued Bracelets, and Black Pearls all take a pretty fucking long time to get.

I just beat the game for the first time the other day after finishing up all the item grinding and it took me damn near 100 hours.

Where the fuck are the pink moonflower seeds? Don't tell me Aerie because that dump is gone.

Had Plat after roughly 60 hours, not even shitting you. Maybe I was lucky.

You have to gather them from specific patterns of moonflower seeds:

gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps3/960449-nier/answers/192509-pink-moonflower-seeds

You plant white and red moonflower seeds next to each other, hope for pink flowers to come out of it, wait for those to wither and then gather the seeds. Use the internal PS3 clock to ease the process. There are some guides for that.

You may have been, or I might have just been dumb about it. I don't usually follow a guide's specific advice unless things start to take an unbearably long time.

Damn that's a slog, is it worthwhile?
I gave up on 100% already because fuck the fishing minigame.

No it was the mountain/sky village close to where you meet kainé. I think. It wasn't a drop from killing, it was like something the environement spawned, and if it didn't you had to restart the console. I last played it 5 years ago so I don't remember the grindy details much, after getting the last ending I never brought myself to ever boot it up again, because of how final the ending actually is.

Also before someone trashtalks my fingers from pic, I've long since stopped biting my nails.

How does a filthy gaijin like me play Replicant? Is there even any good reason to play it?

Attached: 1538587750154.jpg (776x949, 292K)

it's gestalt but with onii chan

don't bother

Papa Nier>Brother Nier

You don't wanna bother with Plat if fishing is bothering you already. Not even trying to sound like an asshole but fishing is the smallest grind of the game. Collecting and upgrading weapons is far more insane.

Ah, Eagle Egg farming. Yeah I didn't bother with that since the DLC gave me those drops.

Not really.

Just know that there's a trick to almost definitely guaranteeing you get the seeds you want. Basically, as soon as you harvest your seeds, plant the same type of seed in the same spot immediately after harvesting and then continue in that fashion until you've planted everything.

I think you're almost guaranteed to have a few spots containing the new seeds afterwards if you do this method. Otherwise you leave yourself at the mercy of the RNG.

If you can't moonrunes there isn't much point, and even if you can there is still arguably not that much point. I played both and personally prefered the father/daughter dynamic honestly, and also thought the translation/adaptation in gestalt was solid enough.
Unlike drag-on dragoon 3 where the translation is so utterly trash I genuinely thinks it drastically lowers the quality of the game.

I want NieR fleshed out fully with all the context of the lore book and the actual ending E

B route is kaine, C route is Emil, D route is shadowlord

>lore book
>ending E
please explain

Fishing is just having the knowledge of where you have to fish and what bait you need. The farming is some bullshit. Time traveling is the only way to make it bearable.

I'm playing Drakengard 3 and the translation isn't bad, it even has English colloquialisms and idioms.

The fishing game literally caused me to damage my left analog stick lol. It's kinda fun once you get the hang of it and can be thrilling when you manage to catch the stupid goddamn fish you need to grab.

The fucking Rhizodont took me a long goddamn time to finally catch, but it's definitely possible if you can find the patience to do it.

It's like star wars used to be where there's gay shit outside of the games with canon story

Are you saying it isn't bad because the english seems fluent? or because you took a second to compare it to the original?
Because holy fucking shit they actually straight up butchered and changed the personality of some characters entirely with the translation, I'm not kidding or exaggerating. Some lines were completely changed, not translated just rewritten from scratch. I know I probably sound like a nitpicking flaming faggot all eager to boast about how I can read runes but I genuinely thought it was awful. Zero's personality feels COMPLETELY different in japanese. I don't know, for me it was the definition of lost in translation, sorry for the rant.

90% of NieR’s story exists within a non-translated japanese lore book that you can only rely on fujoshit fat weeb girls to translate for you fully.

Automatas entire story is a sequel to a stage play that wasnt translated. A2 is the main character. Theyve made more after release.

Ending E of NieR 1 is Kaine remembering NieR exists, causing him to reincarnate as a child. Then she fucks him. The actual ending of NieR didnt even make it in the game. Imagine if Automata ended at Route B ending.

Literally most of the story is not in these games. Thats part of the charm, but still obtuse as fuck.

is it done by yoko taro or just random shit comission by squeenix written by whoevers? because if Taro actually had anything to do I might check it out.

not him. youre right but the point is it could have been much worse. its salvagable. havent played the game myself so maybe im a fag though. need to emulate it

No, I see your point. I'm looking at it as an English teacher and know zero Japanese to compare it with. I read that Zero is completely different on delivery. I like her but I see how it's a different thing entirely. Didn't know that affects other characters.

see Taro did it I believe. Im not an expert

>Ending E of NieR 1 is Kaine remembering NieR exists, causing him to reincarnate as a child. Then she fucks him.
I'm finishing route B and what is this?
So the shemale is a cradle snatcher? I'm very curious and don't mind spoilers.

Oh well another motivation to learn that fucking language I guess. Thanks anons I'll check it out

>Nier threads are only good if you don't use a 2B image
Bros

>Ending E of NieR 1 is Kaine remembering NieR exists, causing him to reincarnate as a child. Then she fucks him.

Welp, I guess I really do need to play through the other endings.

Attached: what-in-the-goddamn-30888516.png (500x513, 136K)

>causing him to reincarnate as a child
He reincarnates as a Brother Nier so there's still only like 5 years difference between them.
What happens afterwards is not known but given that he sacrificed his life for her and she was literally suicidal to get back the memories about him, they got their happy end even if it happened during the ultimate decline of humanity.

I know that feel bro

Attached: 1546566773809.jpg (893x1260, 203K)

I wish more RPGs would have cozy hub towns like the village.

Every JRPG that has you running around doing tasks in a hometown is always an instant fucking classic.

Attached: ps1_bravefencermusashi_front.jpg (300x420, 49K)

So she couldn't fuck Papa Nier but a shota is ok?

Brother Nier is what japs care about. Her attraction to Father Nier always looked weird as fuck since he is like 45 and ugly as sin. Not to mention that he probably wouldn't sacrifice himself for her, he has a daughter to protect.

Pokke Village
Home

Attached: VillageBG4.png (360x450, 392K)

>ugly as sin

Ain't that the fucking truth. I sometimes take a second to just admire his hideous fucking mug before continuing the game.

kek to think that I austistically re-entered the zones over and over, I never considered killing myself to the robot to reset the fight.
I let a friend borrow my copy of Gestalt years ago and never got it back, but since I got the final ending I don't mind, I think replaying it would just cheapen the experience, but man, what a fucking ride of a game. Leagues ahead of Automata tbqh

I ignore every automata threads but any thread opening with gestalt/replicant or drakengard in general ends up being pretty neat from experience

I'd really just prefer a 3rd game.
Nier 1 has such a small world, areas like Forest of Myth are legitimately just a single room, the sidequests and combat are pretty meh and would require massive reworks if they didn't want the game to get slammed by critics the second time around.
I loved the game but you know what I mean.
I think if they redid Papa Nier's model to not be a gross blob man, it'd lose some of the charm anyway.

Taro stated in an interview he wanted to do something for the 10th anniversary, but unless they announce anything at Gamescom or at TGS, i'm doubting we're getting a remaster or anything else. Doesn't help he's stuck now making the Automata scenario for Shadowbringers.

It's amusing that in the end 2B/9S got almost the same happy ending as Kaine/Nier and both of those endings are in the materials outside of their games.

lmao, git gud

Attached: 1521270285246.png (640x360, 380K)

>Game teaches you your quest has a red circle
>You've been playing for a while before Seafront so you should know this
>Guy gives you quest
>Red circle isn't at the beach
How this confused anyone is beyond me
Also the Seafront theme is just an acoustic version of Hills of Radiant Wind

Drakengard 3 was just trash and nothing will fix it.

That's exactly my sentiment user. Every Nier thread I pass by I say the same thing, gestalt may not be the most amazing game, it sure as hell is full of flaws, but it's my favorite game of all time.

Art that manages to express melancholia and depression correctly has always resonated very strongly with me, and NieR embodies that perfectly. Every NPC, every sidequest, every zone and each ending, the entire game in some ways feels like one big metaphore for melancholia to me. Ofcourse there are a bunch of themes running through the game, I especially liked the idea of struggles resulting from difficulties or impossibilities to communicate which is a theme in every yoko taro game to some degree... but yeah, whatever was about gestalt hit much closer to home than automata as far as I'm concerned.

It may not be perfect but it will forever have a very, very special place in my heart.

Attached: 20120407103928!ShadowLord.png (581x528, 196K)

The final scene you get in Ending B was one of the sweetest endings I've seen in any game.

A third game would be cool, yeah. Perhaps a story taking place between Gestalt and Automata so you get to explore more dead cities, though from what I read on the Grimoire humanity had to hide underground while the surface was full of nasty shit, people killing each other and disease. Then again, Yoko Taro is working on some FF XIV faggotry, so I doubt we'll see anything interesting.

They would just ruin it
automata was shit

But he's so nice!

Third game needs to be the prequel that's set between Ending E of Drakengard and the first NieR. Make it about the crusaders and the Hamelin Organisation and have it similar to Type-0 where you control a bunch of magically infused kids bent on destroying the salt creatures and Legion. On the way you get to see stuff like Emil, Tyrann in his original human form or the creation of the grimoires.
Perfect way to reincorporate the cut content and vary the gameplay.

Yeah but holy hell he is one ugly bastard.

Attached: 1.jpg (1536x892, 260K)

RCPS3 + subtitle translation patch.

why are you black?

I can look past it ;_;

Drakengard ports when

I'm too shallow for my own good, user.

Attached: 1511747633944.png (657x654, 479K)

Play them on RSPC3