Prove them wrong without crying about OOT, pro tip: You can’t

Prove them wrong without crying about OOT, pro tip: You can’t

Attached: D93A60D7-27EA-45FB-8818-EB0F1EF57303.jpg (1182x1170, 193K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WyzyMcgCS1E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That should be Ocarina of Time

Final Fantasy 7 should be 2
The Last of Us should be 1

>I can't articulate any arguments to back my negative opinions of this game up so I'll just call it overrated

Cope

>your overpowered edgy nemesis is a momma's boy
kino

>The Last of Us should be 1
It's not a game though.

Any highly rated game that came out in the last 10 years could be on this list
Prove me wrong

what do they point as bad in ff7?

IGN
There you go.

SF3S

Should be Half Life 2

The top 12. should be this
> 1. The Witcher 3
> 2. Half-Life 2
> 3. Red Dead Redemption 2
> 4. The Last Of Us
> 5. Halo: Combat Evolved
> 6. Final Fantasy VII
> 7. Grand Theft Auto V
> 8. God Of War
> 9. Red Dead Redemption
> 10. Dark Souls
> 11. Breath Of The Wild
> 12. Doom

using this thread as a reminder that ff7 crisis core is a great game

should be [your favorite game] tbdesu

aren't they all?

accurate

>2015

Who cares OOT and FF7 are 2 of the best games of all time. Overrated my ass fuck off. FF7 is the GOAT all zoomers and boomers suck my DICK!

FF7 is more popular & acclaimed than HL2

Stop spamming this thread

Vergil, Sephiroth . . . certainly the best are

Perfect, except the entire GTA franchise should be on here. Not just GTA V

Agreed. FF 7 didn't do anything new with the jump to 3d.

What's so wrong about San Andreas?

Where’s Undertale?

Not a single nintendo game? I wonder why....

>Breath of the Wild isn't a Nintendo game
Snoyboys can't read for shit.

>weeb shit

it's garbage

It isn't but sonytrannies consider it as a game so it belongs there.

English isn't the chinks first language

FF7 is overrated especially among its own franchise doesn't mean it's a bad game.

It’s underrated, nobody talked about it after 2015 & garbage like Skyrim & Shitcher 3 are still praised as masterpieces

>nobody talked about it after 2015
Because it was perfectly rated as the mediocre game it is.

Maybe not most, but a bit. Thing is that FF7 is still a pretty good JRPG and a perfect first exposure to the genre.

>Half the game is terrible retcon bullshit that forces Gackt and his parade of clones into 7.
>Game completely changes Aerith and Zack's personalities without thinking about how this hurts FF7.
>Does a bad job exploring Midgar and the culture of 7's world.
>Gameplay is middling at best.
>Grindy sidequests ala all SE PSP games.
It's kinda bad, user.

It aged like shit

How do you prove an opinion wrong?

>if i put a nintendo game at the very bottom im impartial
okay bing bing

Call it shit and the person saying it a faggot.

Cope

Sounds fair

hello based department

At least OoT is a good game

Half life 2 is way better and unique than that weeb garbage

Absolutely agree anyone who actually thinks that game is good needs to go back and play it final fantasy sucks ass

Attached: Chad_Warden.jpg (360x450, 13K)

It was revolutionary for its time. You can look at it today and say it looks and plays like shit, sure. But there have been very few games you can say have had a bigger impact on the industry, it was the original movie game, the first that heavily utilized fmv cutscenes for storytelling with great success. Most every AAA movie-like modern game takes cues from it, for better or worse

I'll be honest, I just started playing FF7 for the first time since the 90s and I'm actually hating it. I liked Midgar and I thought it was OK but after that, the game has taken a huge dive downwards. I'm at the point where I have to fight Dyne and I'm no longer having fun. Chocobo taming is retarded and there isn't actually anything to explore in the world map. Materia is so far still really boring though I hear the system gets more complex later. Right now its just spells and summons and nothing really worth thinking about. The plot is just meandering now as you aimlessly search for Sephiroth with no real clues to follow, you just stumble into one Sephiroth related incident to the next. The minigames are annoying and subtract from the experience, especially that shit in Junon. The writing is pretty bad and the dialogue is stiff and unnatural. You can say this is a translation issue and not in the original game but that doesn't make me like the awkward dialogue any more. Mt. Corel's events were especially awkward with Barret autistically running off to cry while you out of nowhere decide to go to the Gold Saucer for no reason. Also, how did everyone get on the boat anyway? Cloud was supposed to sneak into the SOLDIER base solo yet when he gets on the boat everyone is magically there. Its shit like that that is really starting to grate on me.

I know I'm just at the first half of the first disc but I'm finding it really hard to press forward when the quality has dropped this significantly after leaving Midgar.

Majora;s Mask is more overrated anyway

Based zoomer journalists.

Overrated is such a faggoty way to make a "hot take" You're talking shit about something popular, but you're giving yourself an out over the fact that you're not really saying it's bad or even not a great game, it's merely overrated. You don't even have the fucking balls to commit to a takedown of something beloved and you don't really need to back up your opinion or have any sender of logic. You're just a fucking faggot baiting clicks in the weakest most estrogen-drenched way possible. If you've EVER made a post about overrated games kill yourself now.

Attached: C6aCq-dXQAAat0s.jpg (633x626, 53K)

Overrated post

You are just in a hump, it starts expanding pretty soon from here on out

>The top 12. should be this
>> 1. The Witcher 3
Yes
>> 2. Half-Life 2
Yes
>> 3. Red Dead Redemption 2
No
>> 4. The Last Of Us
Not really
>> 5. Halo: Combat Evolved
No
>> 6. Final Fantasy VII
Yes
>> 7. Grand Theft Auto V
No, maybe GTA IV
>> 8. God Of War
haven't played it yet
>> 9. Red Dead Redemption
Definitely not
>> 10. Dark Souls
Yes, the rest of the Souls series is great, but DkS1 is so fucking overrated
>> 11. Breath Of The Wild
Yes
>> 12. Doom
Definitely

/thread

Overrated doesn't mean anything. It's just a squeal from a faggot who thinks his life is important when he opposes popular things.

Its a pretty fucking big hump. I'm really, really not enjoying the game and if it keeps up with all these shitty minigames and nonsensical story progression then I'm not going to have fun. Seriously, how the fuck did everyone get on the boat?

Seething Snoygaf

No, we already had a poll & Planescape came in first with FF7 coming in 2nd

None of these are overrated. They all came out fairly recently too.

Imagine being this much of a NPC

>RDR1
Ehhhhh I could agree a few years ago but now it's all about RDR2 and how skinning animals is kino

A better title would be "11 Most Overrated Games and What You Should Play Instead" but it's just clickbait written by Candy Crush gamers.

FF7 is as good as OoT.

I appreciate the vindication

> This is what FF7 cucks actually believe

anyone who uses the term overrated in any capacity should be shot

If you reversed each point, this sonyfag's post would almost be corrected

Would you say the term is overrated?

Mega Man 2.

Nope. Best JRPG ever. In fact It's the only JRPG worth playing other than tactics. Everything else is just an aggressive waste of time. Once you play tactics and FF7 you can quit that shit genre completely.

Ff7 was 1 of a small few I played till daylight the day I got it.

Number 0, it goes without saying

Nah GTA 1 and 2 are hated.

>Listening to any Journalist in today's World.

You people never learn. Animals, the lot of you.

Overrated does mean something you retard. It means that something isn't deserving of the status and reverence ascribed to it by others. It isn't a statement on the quality of the game but its reputation. You're the brainlet if you can't make that distinction.

>Final Fantasy 7
>Released in 1997
>"fairly recently"

>Doom
Nah fuck off with this.

This is the author of that article. He about 3 years old when FFVII came out. Opinion discarded. If you didn't play the game WHEN it was released, through the lens of the current-day technology, your opinion on the game means dick. Fuck you.

Attached: 1543147180742.png (400x400, 426K)

>Halo no
>Doom yes
Kill yourself Zoomer.

A soi boy hating great things? No way!

This is why Doom is overrated

I would probably put into the wild as the most overrated mainstream game at the moment.
For contrarian types the most overrated in probably Planescape.
I like both these games and FF7 too, but people are just overbearing.

What's overrated even means?

I hope that Gone Home and The Last of Us are on the list.

That's pretty much the epitome of an overrated thing. If it doesn't stand the test of time on its own then its not that good. Citizen Kane is a great movie for the context it was released in and today. FF7 wasn't even that good compared to SNES RPGs of the time and the only reason it has the pedestal it rests on now is because it was many people's first FF game. Tales of Phantasia came out before FF7 and is a better game.

The Final Fantasy franchise is overrated in general. Ocarina of Time is overrated too but only because people say it's the best video game of all the time which is stupid, OOT isn't even the best Zelda game but it's still a pretty good game.

Damn congrats on the (You)s, can't believe people still fall for the bait.

>Overrated
>Just a buzzword that means "I don't like this as much as others"
No seriously, overrated says absolutely nothing about a game. It's the very definition of a buzzword.

>if you're not blinded by nostalgia your opinion doesn't matter

replace red dead 1 with mario 64 and its perfect

Neither are Final Flick games

Overrated means something being treated as if it's better than it actually is

...You just said they are games though, user

Like, in your own opinion though. How is something overrated, don't you just have a different opinion?

Doom > Doom 2

Where's Ocarina of Time

Underrated

Attached: 654ED56F-916E-4821-9D45-8C35E3555B3A.jpg (622x621, 70K)

Post the list.

This thread reeks of virgins

Attached: 1551475820050.gif (316x231, 327K)

A game's quality can be objectively measured, it's not just a matter of opinion

Honestly, this. "Overrated" is more of a buzzword than "soul/soulless". You're saying nothing while pretending you are. And like you said, they're not even saying "these games suck" just that they're overrated in some general, vague way.

>> 10. Dark Souls
Not overrated nearly as much as contrarians like to claim.

>Throw in Barrett the walking racial stereotype, boring battles with no strategy, and wildly inconsistent difficulty and you’ve got my pick for most overrated game of all time.

Ah. The writer has a fetish for Barrett.

>The Witcher 3
>Half-Life 2
>The Last Of Us
>Halo: Combat Evolved
>Final Fantasy VII
>Dark Souls
>WoW
Now this is a decent list.

Barrett takes care of his kid and is trustworthy though.

Oh, shit, I've forgot to add OoT.

>Ctrl+F
>morrowind
>0 results

No I didn't. Fuck off.

agreed

Real list of most overrated games of all time would look like this:

Celeste
Gone Home
Breath of the Wild
The Last of Us
Skyrim
Fallout 3
Uncharted 2 (even though this is the best of them, the entire series fucking sucks)
Doom 2016
God of War PS4
Bioshock Infinite (really tempted to put the original here)
Animal Crossing (whatever your favourite is, they're all shit)
Pokemon (any game since gen 6)

Stop to pretend being me, faggot.

>A game's quality can be objectively measured
How exactly? Metacritic scores are the nearest thing and that's just a mass of opinions

Lmao, SEETHING

Attached: oot best game of all time smug zelda.png (2173x916, 833K)

All times did not began in 2008, Timmy.
Now do your flossing routine and go to bed.

Absolutely correct.
Not even the best game of the year 1998.

The most objective measures we have of a game's worth are critical review scores, audience review scores, and sales. None of them are perfect. They can be influenced by fads, trends, fashions, etc. But they're the most objective measures we have.

Based ocarina bro

This.
There's no argument why Final Fantasy VII is the most overrated game of all time.
>"it's not that good"
Neither is Ocarina of Time, and yet it always makes it to the top of "best games ever" lists and never makes it to "most overrated games of all time" lists. That's the very definition of overrated,

To be clear, though: I'm defining "most overrated" as "the most praised which doesn't deserve that much praise".

On the other hand, if we define "most overrated" as "the most praised which isn't anywhere near to be deserving of such praise", then I can see Final Fantasy VII being on the top.

> Objectively amazing game that aged extremely well & everyone enjoys except contrarians who watched the EgoRaptor video never appears on overrated lists

I started playing it and gave up 1 hour into the game because it was boring as fuck. I can't say the same about Final Fantasy VII.

Zoomers cannot understand the appeal of any single player RPG. They either want Autism simulators or meme infested competitive games they can play with their friends online.

They don't socialize outside of technology - - - so they crave games that make them feel connected.

Attached: _homura_and_rex_xenoblade_series_and_etc_drawn_by_baffu_591bb22c237c0e2b0f484d6cace90339.jpg (1880x2655, 467K)

That's because you have shit taste, don't project your personal taste onto everyone elses & cry that "it doesn't count" whenever it's shown that it's universally beloved

Pretty sure The Last Of Us dethroned it by now.

>Best JRPG ever.
Chrono Trigger is.
FF7 is gay.

Based basedbeard making entry level nostalgic weaboos seethe.

It would be a perfect list if not for dark souls and doom. But pretty accurate noneless.

Na fuck off.

>Best JRPG ever.
Top kek shit taste

true. ff7 is now underrated, because everyone has been saying it's overrated for 10 years now

I see it's the contrarian hour.

No amount of spamming buzzwords will stop Doom from being overrated

It's easy
Ff6 isn't number 1

Everything EgoRaptor said was true though. It's not a very good game

Seething weeb faggots who play weeb garbage instead of the best game of all time. Sad!

Attached: oot best game of all time.png (1312x916, 202K)

You forgot Bioshock.

Stupid fucker.
Doom is one of the most revolutionary games of all time and basically pioneered the FPS genre along with Wolfenstein 3D.

>That's because you have shit taste
>it's shown that it's universally beloved
See, I can also play the same game. Final Fantasy VII is universally beloved and anyone saying it's overrated has objectively shit taste.

I don't see Sonic 3 & Knuckles in there.

im a zoomer born 2000 and i think jrpgs are fucking lame because there's little to no gameplay
shit with more interactivity is cool which is why i enjoyed XC1 unlike run-of-the-mill jrpgs like FF, DQ, Nep, etc.
XC2's art direction turns me away from playing it so i'll just stick to the doujins and art

>XC1
A literal MMO clone
At least play a real action rpg like KH2FM on Level 1 Critical

> Muh influence
Everytime, that's how i know it's fucking horrible. Doomfags are incapable of discussing why their shit game is good & can only spam Wikipedia articles about how influential it was for Boomers 30 years ago & how anyone who doesn't like it is a "Zoomer"

>Everytime, that's how i know it's fucking horrible
This is literally Ocarina of Time, though.
>it was revolutionary
>it was the first to do [things many games had already done before OoT, not to mention afterwards]
OoT fags are incapable of explaining why their game is actually great today.

That's the issue with "greatest games" lists. They take into account influence and how good they were for their time. I don't give a shit about that, Pong would be the greatest game of all time for that matter.

my point still stands that i still enjoyed XC more than other JRPGs because of more interactivity
i wanna play the KH series but
>did somebody mention the door to darkness?
it's what sucks when people are nostalgia-ridden for a game
i really enjoyed doom because the levels were cool to go around and find secrets, the guns felt nice to use, powerups were able to change how you could approach areas, enemies were placed in ways you could play around with, and the overall concept of the game was really nice
i'd recommend playing through episodes 1-3 at least once on UV or HMP difficulties

But FFVII is awesome today. And FFVIII is even better today than it was in 1999. The only ones hemorrhaging estrogen over it are zoomers.

Most OOT fans are zoomers who only played it because they heard about how amazing it was from Journalists, the only people who hate OOT spam the same exact buzzwords every time that are parroted exactly from EgoRaptor. There has never actually been a single argument against it being a perfect game

that's the exact opposite of what was said.

Based, fuck the Last of Us and fuck Final Fantasy 7

Things I like > things you like

Now hand over the (you)s, faggots. I need them because my mother died in her sleep.

Probably because those who find it boring never bother to keep playing and actually see the flaws.

here's a few that are more over-rated
>BOTW
>Mario Galaxy
>TLOU
>Undertale

Is there a reason people get this overwhelmingly triggered over people calling their favourite game overrated? When did overrated mean bad?

It's been like this for years. VII fanbase has an emotional bond with the game since for most it took their RPG virginity. Whenever anything is brought up that might be flawed about the game they flip their shit. They probably know the flaws are true on some level but it's hard to admit for fanboys.

When you don't like what they like

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

t. zoomer with adhd

That should be Chrono Trigger.

So if people call a game overrated, then that's even dumber.

>i wanna play the KH series but
Oh just play it then, not playing games because of memes is pretty retarded

>"Any game thats not making a political statement is shit! AND FUCK THE JAPANESE!"

Attached: 1347972546843.png (1908x1066, 2.89M)

Super Mario Bros.

It's a completely normal reaction to egregious displays of stupidity. A similar "triggering" would occur if somebody made a list of the most overrated plays and included Shakespeare's most popular plays. American writers are good at "triggering". Insight, not so much.

OoT looked one generation over Lego-FF7

BOTW is THE most overrated game of all time.

The worst Zelda game. The WORST openworld game I've played(perfect example of how to NOT design an open world game.) Terrible implementation of it's game mechanics(most of what's in the game or what you can do is totally pointless, literally pointless)

>your overpowered edgy nemesis is a genetic hybrid that includes dna from a holomorphic alien entity that decides to pull a "cordyceps" and reunite itself.

Fixed

Saint's Row 2 is better than all that shit.

If you compare the amount of praise OOT gets to this day, and combine it with actually playing it for yourself and compare it to other games that came out +/-1 year of its release, you'll see that OOT is, in fact, overrated as fuck.

I think it's underrated, actually. Even the critics who laud it most of the time fail to see what makes it so great

how many zelda games are there?

youtube.com/watch?v=WyzyMcgCS1E

Here, just watch the whole game. Skip around if you like. I'm sure you'll find it breathtaking. There's even lock-on!

Attached: 1490056717381.jpg (733x550, 57K)

>seething this much because oot is the best game of all time
LMAO

Attached: laugh.jpg (1000x667, 81K)

>seething this much because someone doesn't like your game

Attached: 1562263756776.jpg (640x480, 50K)

>It was revolutionary for its time. You can look at it today and say it looks and plays like shit, sure. But there have been very few games you can say have had a bigger impact on the industry
How did FF7 revolutionize anything? Take for example this webm someone posted in another topic.

The attack the enemy is using is called 'Shotgun', but...what about it makes it a shotgun? The enemy can't run out of shotgun shells, nor does this attack have any of the properties of a shotgun, heck, it doesn't even take into account range. It functions exactly like a physical attack.

Contrast that with another turn-based RPG that was released in the same year as FF7, Fallout. In that game, shotguns actually function like you would expect. They use up ammo, have to be reloaded if they do run out of ammo, and they are most effective at close range and become very inaccurate at greater distances.

Besides distance, Fallout's combat also takes into account things like friendly fire and the level of illumination: fighting at night or in a cave makes you less accurate. And the combat actually takes place in the same area you explore in and utilizes your surroundings, whereas FF7 has invisible random encounters that basically teleport you to a separate dimension for the combat encounter.

Fallout has voice acting, whereas in FF7 characters don't even grunt when they take damage. It's dead silent. In Fallout armor changes your appearance, whereas it doesn't in FF7. In Fallout you bend down and loot the corpses of your enemies after combat, in FF7 they evaporate in thin air and you magically receive gold from them.

Having played both of these games for the first time only recently, I found Fallout immersive and engrossing in a way that FF7, despite its ostensibly higher production values, wasn't. And I only now realized why.

Which is why I don't understand the popular notion that FF7 revolutionized gaming. It played exactly like jrpgs before it.

Attached: Final Fantasy VII.webm (640x360, 2.29M)

>all those consolized games, TW3, RDR2, TLoU, GoW, DS, BOTW

nah

fpbp

Reasons why OoT is better than FF7:
1.It's not turn based.
2. You don't need any other reason.

>most overrated games
almost everything on the n64
zelda games in general
super mario world (big step down from 3)
any rockstar game

Attached: 1545893636688.png (600x960, 525K)

pretty good but fifa, uncharted and tlou should be the top three

Lol. Imagine if anyone actually believed that. Good post user.

Attached: laughing crowd.gif (320x214, 1.37M)

>SEETHING this much at the best game of all time
LMAO, how desperate for attention can you be.

>he's literally a paedophilic cartoon viewer as well
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA you can't make this shit up.

Attached: laugh3.jpg (780x439, 24K)

>I think it's underrated, actually. Even the critics who laud it most of the time fail to see what makes it so great

lmfao O? And what makes it so great? And don't use sense of exploration or the interaction of physics.

it was a FOTM game. that doesn't mean it wasn't insanely overrated, like most FOTM are

Any game that journos jerk off is overrated but that doesn't mean they're bad.

>i wanna play the KH series
You don't do that.
You play KH1FM and KH2FM which are the only good games in the series.
You also ignore the retarded story.

You sound like you want to control the character's movement and not have them be static.
Play Live-a-Live and Action RPG's like Soul Blazer and Terranigma.

Nah Chrono Trigger = Greatness
COPE.

>ignore the retarded story
>doesn’t suggest BBS or 3 that have objectively the best gameplay

>fallout new vegas isnt #1

your list is shit

FF7 is riddled with mundane set pieces, it's really no wonder why people want a remake because the characters and story are the only saving grace.

>BBSHIT
>3
Fuck off Osakanigger.
Those games suck dick.

Anything outside of the Tokyo Team games is trash.

>because the characters and story are the only saving grace.
I didn't care for the characters or the story at all.
Only Tifa's tiddies were great but they ruined her in the remake.

When you say shit like that. You have to prove yourswlf right, moron.

yeah im thinkin this is based

When did this place become reddit for contrarians?

Number 1

Attached: A1dXfW1yPNL._SX466_.jpg (466x545, 61K)

Yeah, you're lookin' at the truth, the money never lie no. I'm the one, yeah, I'm the one.
Early mornin' in the dawn, know you wanna ride now. I'm the one, yeah I'm the one, yeah
Yeah, you're sick of all those other imitators
Don't let the only real one intimidate you
See you watchin', don't run outta time now
I'm the one, yeah
Oh-eh-oh-oh-oh, oh-eh-oh
I'm the one
Oh-eh-oh-oh-oh, oh-eh-oh
I'm the only one
Oh-eh-oh-oh-oh, oh-eh-oh
I'm the one
Oh-eh-oh-oh-oh, oh-eh-oh
I'm the only one

ITS GONNA BE ME

Attached: its-gonna-be-me-may.jpg (1139x700, 155K)

zen.

But that's equally true of OoT.

Even thirdies that play FIFA don't rate it tho. They just play it because it's the footy game

chrono trigger is the most overrated jrpg ever

Good list. I disagree on nuDOOM and Dark Souls, they are genuinely great games and deserve all the praise.

oof

Attached: EBLhWEtUIAUqrfv.jpg (1536x2048, 289K)