Is this game really that good compared to the other entries in the series?

Is this game really that good compared to the other entries in the series?

Attached: yakuza-0-cover.jpg (640x763, 380K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sdVvgdVglOw
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1565359777586.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

5, Ishin, BP, and Judgment are better.

It has the best story, or at least a story without a stupidass twist.
60fps is nice too.
Best Substorys in my opinion.
And the translation team was the best thing sega could do for the series.

Yes.

-best combat
-best writing
-best version of goro
-best setting/time period

I'd argue that some of the minigames aren't THAT great and Ishin is about the same level, but 0 edges it out.

Yeah, but 2, 4, 5, Ishin, and Judgement are also excellent.

>best combat

Already wrong.

Lately i've noticed that tons of people on Yea Forums have really strange ideas to what qualifies as "good combat", so i'm not even gonna argue this with you.
I think c umbrains are taking over and all they play all day is gacha so the art of actually understanding what makes good combat in a game is being utterly lost and people like you fixate on the dumbest shit rather than appreciating solid fundamentals.
Or you get the galaxy brain idiots that think some of the PS2 entries have the best combat because clunky = must mean complex/hard to execute THUS GOOD DHURR.

As far as i'm concerned 0 does have the best, and most varied combat.
Again, the only contender is Ishin.
You name me any other title, and especially the modern physics bullshit trash that hasn't been even remotely polished by the team yet in it's current iteration, i'm just gonna laugh at your face and ignore you.

Every yakuza game has it's downsides and upbringings, If I had to pick I'd say 5 or ishin

All the games have brainless combat.

I really liked Goro but I know he's a psycho in the other games.
Oh well.

What is the status of the Y5 PS4 port coming to the west? And was/is the translation good?

So Kiryu never married and dies a virgin? Lame.

Play all of them

Attached: 547687564358654.jpg (1440x1440, 572K)

What makes Ishin so good turboweebs? It always looked like a big gimmick to me.

no, but 0babbies have only played 0 yet pretend to be yakuza fans

I have been a Yakuza fan since about 2007. Played them in release order. I was so happy to be able to support Y5 after thinking we had lost it forever, but something was wrong. It was about all these characters and modes i didn't give a flying fuck about. It was Y4.5. The man i did care about was old, tired and miserable. Angry. Done. I felt it too with him. Yakuza felt like it had become "too much."

Then Y0 came along. Holy shit. Kiryu is young, it's the 80's and he's doing actual Yakuza things. "Can this really be good?" I thought and then i played and realised what the series had been missing for so long. Young fire, everything was energy, everything felt like it was fucking on. This was the Yakuza i missed since Y2 on PS2. Y0 was the dragon injection the series needed. It felt alive again.

Attached: 6EE68379-B5B6-4C1C-BB28-EB82BD8F5FA3.gif (245x245, 1.96M)

Honestly no. It is the best, but it's not hugely better or anything. All the games are pretty good.

>best version of goro
If Kiwami and Dead Souls didn't exist, 0's portrayal of Majima would easily be the worst in the series.

Did I miss the group memo that said we were gonna lie now and start claiming that 5 is good? There's been a sudden upsurge in 5fags and it's bizarre when there used to be complete consensus that 5 is shit and one of the worst entries.

It's because 0 is by far the most popular so brainlets here will cling onto ANYTHING in order to appear more "legit" yakuza fans.
It's quite frankly really sad.

Attached: 1427470885440.jpg (375x281, 29K)

It comes from wannabe classicfags. If you like 2, 4, or 0, you're a secondary, so they say 5 is the best.
That said, I do actually like 5 as much as the others I listed. Then again, I'm just, in general, happy with the series. I tend to trigger lots of Yakuza fans when I say 6 is just "okay" and not "total shit".

Attached: 50127695.jpg (512x288, 28K)

Yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=sdVvgdVglOw

Attached: 1554403436620.jpg (1024x634, 37K)

5 is my personal favorite but I'll admit that 0 is a more well-rounded package.

I think it's the best. I'd say 4 is the only one that can really compete, but with how judgement felt I think the next game has a good shot of surpassing it

it's the one i enjoy the most together with 5. the others are good but too insane for my taste, 6 is the only one i truly hate.

Bump

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1565359777586.webm

The character is too slow and to much cutscene.

Attached: 1565360388428.jpg (1080x1144, 118K)

Just finished Kiwami 2 and I feel empty
Ryuuji was such a fucking good character I wish he didn't have to die

Final fight with him is pure kino.

>finish main story
>feel bad about Ryuji
>finish Majima Saga
>feel even WORSE for Majima than I did at the end of 0

Attached: No handicapped GF.png (564x649, 703K)

Why? He not only got to basically tell Makoto it's him without actually telling her and made her happy to boot. Not to mention she's been happily married for years and he was for a while as well. It's a good end for both of them.

It's just that the poor bastard never got to outright talk to her again. He never got to see the look on her face when she realized it was him.

Attached: 1565278133954.jpg (680x509, 43K)

Well, his goal was to keep her safe, it was the best way he could. So he didn't see her face, he still got the satisfaction of knowing he made her happy in the end.

Playing kiwami 2 right now. Love how seamless the combat in encounters is, as well as entering stores with no loading screens. This improvement is huge for me.
I really like exploring the alleys and buildings. I wish they'd add more alternate paths with backalleys behind stores and the like that you could use in missions where you have to avoid people or enemies.
sadly in combat, I think some of the impact of the previous engine was lost, I don't know if this was on purpose in favor of a more realistic style instead of the almost comical brutality of the old combat. Before you could really feel the thuds of hits and certainly in most heat actions. Take the one near a car door for example. That being said, the gameplay during combat and button combinations are really fun.

based

The funny part about this is the were aiming for it to be more impactful but it doesn't feel like it is outside of Judgment, you feel like most attacks have less impact. Heat Actions still do feel impactful for me though, those still feel fine, the pistol one and the sword ones in particular (Specifically in 6, in K2 sword went back to Komaki's one so it's so-so), plus Komaki Fist Reversal still feels great.
The constant enemy blocking is what will really throw you off in terms of impact, you feel the "thud" when you hit the guy but not in a positive way because you instantly bounce off of him and stagger. Some finishers do feel impactful, and the charge attacks especially do, but overall yeah, it feels like it's all over the place with what feels right and what doesn't.

Attached: Ono Michio teaches gun safety.webm (854x480, 2.85M)