It peaked at Gen 3

It peaked at Gen 3

Attached: 1377158381413.png (892x309, 226K)

Why did they get so small?

4>5>2>6>3>1>7

Now that you line them up like that I really can see the degradation of design...

Turtwig is based

*Gen 4's remake of Gen 2
Ftfy

>peaked at Gen 3
Based zoomer.

Why do zoomers hate Gen 3 so much? Is it because it's the only Gen they couldn't play on release that is not KANTOOOO or KANTOOOO 2?

It's a bit early to say that right?
Pokemon can still become way shittier than gen 3

1>3>4>2>5
6 isn the whole different league - other starters look like some vegetations turned to animals, but this thing looks like an animal dyed with green paint.

fuck you I like turtwig

3>1>4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>rest

That's debatable but I don't blame anyone for thinking so.

Attached: distribution.jpg (1500x700, 355K)

Grass
2 > 1 > 3 > 6 > 4 > 7 > 5
Water
1 > 2 > 4 > 6 > 3 > 5 > 7
Fire
2 > 6 > 3 > 1 > 7 > 5 > 4

Gen 2 - 17 pts.
Gen 1 - 14 pts.
Gen 6 - 11 pts.
Gen 3 - 10 pts.
Gen 4 - 6 pts.
Gen 7 - 3 pts.
Gen 5 - 2 pts.

Could never get into Gen 3 personally. Gen 2 added a lot of cool stuff, 3 felt like it didn't add enough to justify itself. Even the better graphics fell flat. Also, you ever notice they slowed down the character's walking speed tremendously, what's up with that? Pokemon is already kind of tedious as it is.

I skipped Gen 4 because I didn't like Gen 3 and didn't get back into it until Gen 5, which I enjoyed a lot. There are some wicked pokes in that game, like muh boy Galvantula. Haven't played any since then. The series seems to be stagnant and shitty now which is a shame.

Attached: galvantula.jpg (800x677, 210K)

In-game sizes never made sense. They're more sensible in the anime.

So thats why gen 3 felt so refreshed. You get to see new pokemon right away, instead of late game or late game events.

4>5>2>1>3

It actually peaked at gen 2 according to the chart

So that is the reason why all other gens felt off to me.

Sorry, but 4 and 5 are and will always be the peak. Gen 3 is close though.

Nope. They were on the right track with Grovyle and then they fucked it up with Sceptile, who isn't bad, but disappointing.

>3 felt like it didn't add enough to justify itself

You thought double battles, adding more pokemon lines than Gen 2, having maingame and postgame battle facilities, and giving players access to gym leader rematches were not "enough to justify itself?"

BUT DID IT HAVE KANTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO???????????????????

Why do Zoomers hate Kanto and Johto so much? Is it because they're the only gens with actually pokemon design?

Gen 3 was a pitfall. It peaked at 5 and has been downwards since then.

>Why do Zoomers hate Kanto and Johto so much?
HGSS has both and is universally agreed to be one of if not the best Pokemon game of all time.

zoom zoom

Attached: rate.png (604x692, 324K)

HGSS>BW2>BW=FRLG>RSE>DPP>ORAS>GSC>RSE>X/Y>RBY>USUM>SM

The people who like it are older zoomers born in 1995/1996/1997. Gen 3 kiddies used to be universally despised

mudkip >>>>> the rest
Was always my favourite and the mystery dungeon quizzes at the start of the game brought him to my team either as me or my partner in the three games I played.

1 > 3 > 2 > shite > anything else

t. genwunner

I literally forgot that Whismur existed

Based objectively correct opinion
Emerald and Fire Red were dope

only poorfags who couldnt afford a gba hated gen 3 dumb zoomer

THERE ARE ONLY 152 POKEMON (MISSINGNO.)

I know XY and SM suck, but how do people feel about ORAS?

Cringe. Gen 2 still had soulful pokemon designs. They only started going the horrible cutesy anime route on gen 3.

True. Gen 4 is borderline acceptable but after that it went into shitter.

You can actually see the designs getting worse

I'm 30 and I think gen 3 is good. What now?

It peaked at genwun and you all fucking know it. Two and three were fine but different. Everything after that was utter fucking trash.

nah 3 was the peak

They gave you running shoes and a bike that goes sanic speed

retarded fag

Best games by far:
HGSS
BW2
Emerald
Platin

Pretty good/decent:
FRLG

Only worth playing for nostalgia:
Crystal
RBY

Not worth playing because superior remakes or alternate versions/just bad:
The rest

Attached: 123555.jpg (1242x1394, 184K)

Gen 3 is literally the beginning of the end, the first Pokemon game without soul, ugly artstyle, ugly colors, ugly Pokemon designs, ugly world, un-comfy story, earrape soundtrack, introduced all the cancerous trends people hate Pokemon for to this day, LITERALLY the only people that like it are zoomers who grew up with it

>treecko > bulbasaur > smugleaf > chikorita > the turtle > dogshit > that sun/moon thing

I love him but I always thought he's just as big as bulbasaur

You literally just described Gen 5 lmao.

Pokemon peaked when this was introduced and went downhill afterwards

Attached: Lopunny.png (1784x1647, 1.17M)

man gen 3 was truly the fucking best

Real true 100% unironic proper opinion:
Pokemon died after [gen you like], and everyone likes different gens for different reasons

Yeah, the same is true for gen 5, but at least gen 5 fags get some resistance for their awful opinions, gen 3 faggots seemingly enjoy a consensus which is absolutely incorrect

add to this the fact that the worm pokemon from gen 3 actually could evolve into 2 different pokemon and you have even more.

It's the worst remake. SM is arguably better than it.

3/4 were objectively the peak because spinoff games were better than any of the mainline games including gen 1/2

>SM is arguably better than it.
nostalgia was able to carry me through ORAS but I couldnt even finisht the first island in SM it just sucks

My guess is that since they were jumping into the new, more powerful system they tried to polish it as much as they could. If only they gave half the fucks they used to.

Attached: mewtwo.jpg (554x554, 15K)

I grew up with gen 4, DPP were milquetoast, HGSS were the best Pokemon that ever were, FRLG are okay but otherwise the ones before and the ones after are overwhelmingly shite

based

2>3>5>1>4>6

treeko is so fucking overrated kys

Yep, Gen 3's the best.

Hadn't played Gen 3 when it came out since I was pissed about not being able to transfer from Gen 2 and the few new Pokémon designs I saw turned me off. I did play Emerald a few years later and enjoyed it.

Gen 8 is pretty much the Gen 3 scenario all over again, so I'm gonna keep my money.

Fack u hoenn is the most powerful REGION EVAR ABSOL MEGA IS VERY LEWD

SAy it with me HOENN CHADS always win

Peaked at Gen 3, Gen 5 was the last time they put any effort. Everything after that has been a blatant cashgrab and I hate all pokefags for allowing them to get away with it. It's a shame the next Pokemon game will probably break a few records despite being one of the best examples of Gamefreak not giving a shit.

>all these zoomers
gen1 is the only gen kids

I'd peak inside this snake

Based, hoennfags are cucks.

In terms of monster design yes, although 4 and 5 had some good ones but they have been getting progressively worse.

In terms of game, story and content, it peaked with BW2

I'm sure you're too young to remember, but Gen III was considered a disappointment when it came out, and for a long time it was universally agreed that Gen II was better.

>good
3, 4, 5
>bad
1, 2, 6, 7, 8

don't bother replying

spbp

>KAAAAANTOOOOOOOOOO
"Started with Gen I but kept playing" master race reporting im

>smugleaf's head is almost bigger than turtwig.

kek...
no wait your serious

>Fire Side Peak
HG/SS
>Ice Side Peak
Platinum
>Still fairly high point im between the two peaks
B2W2
>Base of the mountain
Y
>Close to the peak
GSC
>Garbage and dead codpses left behind by Hikers
BW, XY, ORAS, RSE, SMUSUM, SwSh, FRLG

'im playing gen 4 now, poke platinum
god its fucking terrible, i absolute hate the amount of boring ass repetitive pokemons you find
i only got 4 usefull, my main, staraptor and the blue eletric shinx thing. all the new ones are shit and i'm past third gym, for fuck sake what a terrible pokemon game

Nigga what are you even talking about, Plat has a great dex.
>Using Shinx
Why tho

a man of taste

Based

Attached: __hikari_pokemon_drawn_by_takanashi__cdc89099345c1eacccd5c9cd3383b943.jpg (427x474, 41K)

Chikorita looks like it was supposed to happen. Anything after gen 2 feels like an afterthought