Just bought rimworld

Just bought rimworld.
What am I in for?
Should I install mods and shit?

Attached: rimworld.jpg (259x194, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jaDxV8F7bcz4E9zeIRmZGKuaX7d0kvWWq28aKckISaY/edit#gid=0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=47941.msg452718#msg452718
twitter.com/AnonBabble

randy random on extreme or get the fuck out.

Get rimjobworld right away and play vanilla with that
Then after a game or two download all the mods.

combat extended

The fuck is rimjobworld and what does it do?

Attached: worry.jpg (192x245, 12K)

>Should I install mods and shit?

Play Vanilla for a bit before diving into mods.

>What am I in for?
You know that bit in Aliens with the sentry guns?

see rape and babies/kids etc, but you can turn off the rape

Heres a list of all of my mods and what order they are in and a good place to start.
I do get some errors in my modlist but it seems fairly stable and you cant always avoid errors.
Id honestly do a playthrough as normal and then try mods.
mod order is important
>hugslib
>jecstools
>mod manager
are the main mod scripting mods that most of the other mods pull from

humanoid alien races 2.0 is the main mod that allows you to use other race mods in the game

if you wanted some basic QoL mods for vanilla, id suggest
>complex jobs
>interaction bubbles
>search and destroy
>run and gun
>blueprints
>more trait slots
>increased stack
>where is my weapon
>miniaturization
>share the load
>camera+
>colorful traits
>damage indicators
>dubs mini minimap
>defensive positions
>rain washes away filth
>relations tab
>replace stuff
>the vegetable garden mods
>rimhud
and maybe rimjobworld if you want to turn all the weird rape shit off and keep it for like birthing children and other such features

Most of them would work in Zetrith's Multiplayer mod except for maybe like 30-40 of them, but it would be a good list to start from if you wanted to look into doing that and you could just cross reference the list.
Ive never really tried multiplayer other than vanilla.

I used only stable mods from the list for the most part.

Here's Zetrith's mega list of other mods that he tested with his mod.
Its also a good reference to find stable mods.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jaDxV8F7bcz4E9zeIRmZGKuaX7d0kvWWq28aKckISaY/edit#gid=0

hope that helps user

Attached: rimworldmods.jpg (3014x3289, 1.85M)

The colonists don't reproduce in vanilla?

The only mod you need is rimjobworld

No and thank god, half the time my colonists are retards.

Just build a prison and get recruits that way.

Do a regular playthrough first, get yourself familiar with the game, then when you inevitably die to a hord of angry deers start messing with mods

You're in for discount Dwarffort.

>Tilled soil
>Anus destroyed
>Increased stack
>Embrasures
Don't listen to this faggot. His modlist is full of cheat mods that'll ruin any bit of effort or difficulty the game has to the point you might as well use devmode and trigger the ship launch.

Does it modify the game in other ways beyond adding sexual component to the game?
I might actually install it if only for the realism aspect. I am super fucking annoyed by the idea of my colonists not being able to breed. That's like half of the fucking point in a colony management game to me, to be able to create a self sustaining society.

the only mod you really need is realistic rooms, don't be that guy who downloads 500 mods and then ruins his own fun
based
cringe

I dont think so.
Theres mods that do it, but most people just use rimjob world sit it has the birthing mods and more for the weird fetish stuff as well, and you can just toggle what you want on and off.
It goes from like disgusting as fuck missionary sex for procreation in order to build a family and raise them with school mods to create a family living inside the vault to bugs knocking your pet pikachu unconscious after setting your base on fire and you have to leave him behind so you can save your kids who had their arms bitten off with emergency medical aid underneath a tree on a bed made of hay while they drag your pikachu back to their underground rcave to run a 30 bug rape train on his gaping bionic butthole as he's cocooned to the wall.

>Not needing to make storage spaces that take up half the map is cheating
Nah.

Play on vanilla for a few rounds when you start then mod to your pleasure.
Randy random is the only good narrator to the point it's killed any waifu fagging for the other two.
Remember to check colonist statuses often, they'll help explain more core game mechanics.
It's best to go for the cryps when a freindly mechint caravan is passing through.
Always have a spare bed.
Everything can be sold to someone if it's not rotted.
Electronics have a range around wires and generators they can be placed in, minimize wire coverage to avoid fires.
Agriculture is a lot more efficient than hunting once you have refrigeration.
Your meat puppets go for the closest ingredients by default, make sure you store the stuff you want to use closest for effective production.
If you're not doing caravans most pets are a luxury not a benifit.
Research tree agriculture, otherwise you'll run out.
Psychopath is the best trait.
Good luck user.

The vanilla experience is geared around a colony lasting 5-10 years +/- while figuring out how to escape the planet. Escape serves as a definitive win condition. So there's no real reason for reproduction in vanilla. By design the colony shouldn't exist for generations.

>by design

How many play in practice is another story. I'm just saying.

Just adds another need to colonists, and more cyborg parts like hydraulic anus, and peg dicks. Also horrible trannies.

So one colonist might be a super melee murder fuck and have a rape fetish. If you don't have a comfort prisoner or comfort animal, he's going to take it from somebody.

Also people jerk off on the ground and it's actually an object.

The only mods I recommend is the one where you can cook bulk amounts of food at a time for the same materials, more bionic parts, and bionic parts for animals.

Psychology is a mod that doesn't affect gameplay very much but it's fun if you're always checking on your colonists relationship and shit
Aside from it the only mod i'd say is truly essential is colored mood bars

Attached: file.png (385x103, 8K)

this

Except stone bricks.
Ain't no one in the whole fucking universe. Modded or vanilla want to buy basic bitch stone bricks.

theres also shaggy
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=47941.msg452718#msg452718

yeah you have to pick and choose and a lot of mods have barely more than a sentence or two explaining what they do and you just have to figure it out and not use stuff thats overpowered.

Metal corn would be op.
You might be able to modify some of the mods if you really wanted too if you looked into editing their values, but thats probably a lot of work.

i honestly dont like embrasures cause they work both ways and some of the mods spawn these hyper mechanoids and theres cyborgs that revive that are terribly strong and cthulu spawns some horrendous shit and these chaos spawns too. All of which that give zero fucks about many of the lower level items.

Some of them have a really high value cost as well that fucks up things.
I know infused gets some weird rolls sometimes of these super high end items that have like 99999999 durability and I just destroy them because they skyrocket your colony value and you can get something insane like 20 xenomorph queens attacking your base and everyone will just get slaughtered.
I find myself just opening devmenu here and there just to delete items if they are really outside my current range and I just keep it even so it stays balanced.
It is fun when someone really strong shows up with something crazy like a nuke rocket launcher.
Sometimes its just not survivable and everything goes to shit.

If everyone dies from a raid or something, you can also open up the dev menu and make the raid npcs part of your faction and play with them as if they took over the base.

Rimworld is an unforgiving place, you shouldnt be attached to your characters so much.
If you can keep them alive, then it means so much more knowing you survived that giant xenomorph invasion and your wife and the rest of the entire colony died and you have to raise your daughter alone and shes got peg legs since hers were melted by the acid blood in the attack

I enjoy the Plumbing mod on steam since it's adds a new element to manage, and can help further agriculture if your in shitty areas, but most of all can build HVAC systems and circuit breakers that don't get fucked by the games shitty events.

Swarms of maneating bears is fine since you can seemingly prepare for it, but a year of eclipses and solar flares, and bzzts are not fun if the game fucks you right if your playing a shithole biome since you can do nothing to prevent.

yeah thats mostly what i use it for so it doesnt break the immersion and the fucking astronomically tedious stacking moving 50 at a time when you have like 10,000 stack going and theres like 75 steel crates or some shit and its just obnoxious as all fuck taking up space and just looking so autistica and awful

also animals can move shit too if you can train some of the intelligent ones or trade for them like an elephant or something which helps even more with stacking

zoning animals and people help a lot too.

refund and get kenshi or some other similar game.

you can place wire under walls and it wont catch fire

Which plumbing mod?
The last one I used added plumbing for toilets and facets so that pawns needed to stay clean. But mostly what it did was give my colony constant diseases. And the aircon/heating it gave were super OP. Like 60°C heatwave outside and the aircon kept my cooler at -10 like it was nothing OP.

If you have a friend who owns it too, the co-op mod works extremely well and is a total blast.

call of cthulu cults has victory conditions around pleasing the cult god to a high enough level to trigger an end game condition that you could use over several colony generations

Thats the one. It's been worked on for a while, when I last tried it the air con was still ridiculous, but it still pulled more power than the comparable amount of freezers so it wasn't that ridiculous.

Most importantly the boilers made you not want to kill yourself at winter since you can keep your colony and farms warm a lot more efficiently