Give me a quick rundown on what makes this game so widely disliked on Yea Forums. The game is pretty good

give me a quick rundown on what makes this game so widely disliked on Yea Forums. The game is pretty good.

Attached: 220px-Shin_Megami_Tensei_Nocturne_NA_cover.png (220x309, 108K)

>SMT Nocturne
>disliked on Yea Forums
No. It's regarded as the best SMT game and Yea Forums loves SMT

>so widely disliked
it's literally part of THE 3x3

it might be on 3x3s but it mostly gets loads of shit talk in the threads without specifics

personafags hate it because it's their games without all the bullshit
(some) smtfags hate it because it junks a lot of smt themes
other people hate it because it's a turn based jrpg and it's easy to dunk on those

Nocturne is overrated, especially on Yea Forums. It's still a great game in its own right however. It's only the best SMT in atmosphere. There are others that beat it out on story (SJ) and Gameplay (IVA)

That's because you're frequenting Persona threads. Hell the only real hate in smt threads come from begging console warriors

Its gets rated highly to the point where some call it overrated and hate it on principle. Doesn't help that for many it was likely their first foray into SMT "proper". At least before SJ or IV came along.

Pretty good game but sure will appreciate some refined remaster or something like no random encounter.

I would be down for that Europe still doesn't have a working version.

if you improve on Nocturne in any way Nocturne faggots will just call it the casual version, even if it's an objective improvement like no random encounters, removing the moon cycles affecting chest outcomes and fusions, or being able to choose which skills demons inherit.

You may as well play a different game at that point.

>enjoying random encounters
>enjoying running in circles around a chest/cathedral so you can get the moon/kagatsuchi to give you a good item/let you fuse what you want
>enjoying selecting and going back for 30 minutes to get a good enough demon because they keep fucking wanting negotiation skills
You can have Nocturne without the bullshit, you know.

>running in circles around a chest/cathedral so you can get the moon/kagatsuchi to give you a good item/let you fuse what you want
>selecting and going back for 30 minutes to get a good enough demon because they keep fucking wanting negotiation skills

You don't have to do either of these. Roll with the punches and use what you get the best you can.

I see you’ve updated your playbook

Plebeians. Just ignore them

>personafags don't like it so that means Yea Forums doesn't like it
lurk moar

>playing sub optimally
okay, retard

I love its atmosphere so much. Very regularly I think about the shinjuku medical center song and the one in the amala laberynth too. The game's atmosphere is so simple but it's way too effective

You're guaranteed to get something better within an hour of playing anyway, so wasting your time spinning a figurative roulette wheel for a better item or skill and making the game feel more tedious is entirely on you.

okay bro lemme just spin in circles like a spaz so I can triple fuse or fuse fiends.

The game itself is pretty tight with money, especially early and mid game. It's hard to roll with the punches as you put it when every penny counts since it's used for healing, buying items, and fusion all in one resource, so the less money you have to spend, the more you have later on. There are also instances where you will need specific skills or demon attributes, unless you enjoy getting your shit kicked in and Game Over (resulting in a bigger time loss than spinning in circles for good items would cost depending on where you are) but hey just roll with the punches bro

What are you talking about, op? Back in the day, probably around 8 years ago now, I played this game because Yea Forums shilled it so heavily.

only thing its missing for me is showing discovered weaknesses in the attack screen like in some of the other games

This started with SMT4

it started in Persona 3.

You're on fucking Yea Forums, people will shit on anything

You're really not painting a flattering picture of yourself as someone playing a game known for its difficulty.

>Yea Forums disliking noble voice : fuck you
what kind of bizarro portal did you come from ?
it's also widely seen as a perfect entry title into the SMT franchise

Nocturne is known for its difficulty, but the criticisms I'm describing are those of tedium for the sake of being tedious, rather than actually adding anything.

Its good and fun, what else does Yea Forums need to give it shit?

>widely disliked
Since fucking when. Nocturne's always been Yea Forumscore

Tons of random encounters, at times even literally two steps after the last fight
Being unable to choose skills during fusion makes you waste hours
Lags on an emulator

There are plenty of valid complaints, but some people act like fags about it.
On the other hand, there are plenty of valid complaints, but some people defend it like fags.
It's really just fags being fags. Good luck having an genuine discussion discussing the pros and cons of Nocturne.

Hey, user, I bet old man Atlus will give us SMTV news any day now. nyeh user? nyeh user? nyeh user? nyeh user? nyeh user? nyeh user?

Attached: squidold.png (487x354, 253K)

Another issue I've had with the game is boss balance really falls apart near the end. You have one of the easiest bosses in the game in Surt, immediately followed by the infamous game of chance in Mot.

Then in the final dungeon you have the most tedious yet easy boss fight Noah followed by "I sure hope your entire team is immune to curse, would be pretty bad if someone wasn't" hardest boss in a normal path Baal Avatar

Lots of random encounters but the combat is easy once it's "solved", that is, you know how press turn works. If it happened late in the game that's one thing but it happens pretty early on and then it has the same problem as every other repetitive turn-based game. The advantage it has over other games in the genre is that it takes a few hours for you to "solve" the battle system (and there are bosses like Matador that demand it) whereas games like ATB Final Fantasy are solved in about five seconds (select "Attack", unless: cure magic if damaged, esuna if status effect, revive if dead, that's it, that's the rule-set for the entire game with a few still-trivially-easy exceptions).

Estoma makes it bearable.

>Lags on an emulator
Which part? I don't remember having any issue.

Never beat it.

I can't fathom anybody genuinely disliking Nocturne other than the clinically autistic min-maxers who need to pass down perfect skillsets every time.

I normally hate turn-based RPGs but Nocturne was a bliss to play through, battle transitions are super smooth and combat flows nicely.

>disliked
By the zoomers flooding Nu-Yea Forums maybe. Nocturne has always been generally liked as far as I'm aware.

I've struggled through the SNES SMTs and was excited to finally try Nocturne but then it finally hit me that I'm really not into constant random encounters.

I got annoyed by how the game sets you back so far.
It's objectively un-fun to play the same area multiple times praying for good RNG, but sometimes that's your only option.