Starsector vs FTL

Which is the better game?

Attached: 45465435665.png (80x80, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/5k41z8ahuj4mr8c/Oga Portrait Pack v1.2.7z
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=12041.0
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=11018.0
youtube.com/watch?v=fGDQ9IukMOc
docs.google.com/document/d/1KaEMSCvH7CeB76wLKj0e5tn9jn6NjPJcNvciTbbQ1nM/preview#
docs.google.com/document/d/1uFJ62AZOx9xjSCWUA-4f-u7jJqSQBjb7ZngFu6m7T4w/preview
youtube.com/watch?v=bV-hSgL1R74
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

starsector also futa amazon faction mod when

ONSLAUGHT-CHAN A BEST
TRI-KIKES FUCK OFF

Forza Horizon vs Mario Tennis

Which is the better game?

I want to fuck that lobster. But instead I'll use it as my hidden savings, a lobster stash if you will.

Yes.

>some people actually never use thumper
how horrifying

Imagine pretending to be a fully fledged empire, but in reality you're just a glorified Lobster Merchant.

Attached: Sindrian_diktat.png (256x160, 26K)

>Only controls a single system
>Even the jihadis control two

they cant really be compared besides both being space ship games t b h

It would be cool if there were extra-coreworld colonies, although I suppose that's what the pirate bases could be thought of as.

Fire Pro Wrestling vs. Factorio

Nex does it, but the problem is they'll snatch up all the good colonies before you find them or even have the money to found your own.

Compare them to SPAZ.

Is it really worth doing shipping missions?

8000 credits seems pretty low for delivering something over five light years away

Not the small scales ones no
Get the ones that get you like 150K for like 5 light years, now there's the money maker

Attached: 1565015586399.gif (388x364, 250K)

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Attached: AWW YESSS.png (1920x1080, 728K)

>running smuggling in enemy holding
>with thousands of marines
>saw star fortress is on repair
>sneak in
>buy everything
>Invade
>take ownership of that capital planet
>sell ALL buildings
>pass this husk to my faction
>sell all stuff at black market
>instant profit

shipping missions are based on your maximum cargo hold size when you have 3k+ cargo you get ones that pay more

What is your favourite d-mod?

So far for me it is the compromised hull, a good tradeoff if you have the shields to cover for it.

>Have 4000 cargo space
>People keep trying to get me to ship them 5000 in goods

Compromised Hull is definitely the best for most ships. Extra maintenance is my bane.

How do I mine asteroids? Or mine at all.
Is this game made in Java?

How does combat readiness buff your ship anyways?

Press 6 to salvage shit, don't think it is possible to mine the asteroid belts in base game.

you get 10% more damage/speed/damage reduction/autofire accuracy when you have 70% or more, this scales though so unless you have 100 CR you won't have the full bonus

>Is this game made in Java?
I'm afraid so.

You can mine asteroids and planets (?) in Nexerelin.

Why am I so unfathomably shit at this game
I feel like every battle leaves me with a pirate dick lodged in my asshole

I just want a comfy 4X space game without the war part, heard there is a mod for stellaris that let's you play solo to just expand forever?

Attached: 1396122399746.png (626x589, 224K)

Now you're thinking like a space Mongol.

I want to fuck a remnant

rate my fleet

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 1.22M)

>Apogee
Is it good?
Also what's that tiny one you're piloting?

Attached: 1564855085873m.jpg (497x1024, 75K)

>stellaris singleplayer
>no other factions
>in 100 years maxbuffed endgame crises start flying at you

You mean a Salamander missile?

JUNK PIRATES
U
N
K

>I just want a comfy 4X space game without the war part
Then you want a 3X space game, and i'm afraid these are not being made as far as i'm aware

it's okay but not great. Plenty of room left for optimization.

a Tempest (D)
the Apogee is working pretty well for me, it's pretty strong, but frail without shields up

post shipfus

Attached: Dominator_base.png (220x180, 79K)

Making a new playthrough, playing as a legit, honest, hard-working lad focusing on mining from Nexerelin.
Top fucking comfy.
Onslaught. Always Onslaught.

What's the best missile and why is it atropal?

That's a funny way of spelling Sabot.

>how many missiles do you want?
>Yes

I'm just assuming this is the gryphon

Attached: midline_cg_base.png (160x245, 74K)

Is there a mod that adds midline/high-tech fuel tankers? Having to look at this abomination triggers my OCD every time I open fleet screen.

Attached: screenshot011.png (990x1587, 1.25M)

I found one of those fuel industry upgrade thingies recently, but I'm pretty early (400k in the bank, fleet mostly weak D class) in the game. Should I save it for when I have a colony or sell it?

>slap a single salamander on every ship with a missile slot in the fleet
>enemies constantly have to try and shield their engines, while still being fired upon by everything else
>and it never stops
comfy

I'd say keep it. These things are a fucking pain to find again and, unlike nanoforges, there are no common replacements.

it's basically a money printer
find a half decent planet with volatiles and remember where it is

Synchrotron cores? Okay, thanks. What about AI cores? Should I only keep Alphas?

Any good portrait mods?

atlas mk2 is so fucking good for defense

if you mean the synchotrone core keep it cause they're very rare just know that if you actually use it sindrian diktat will come down on your ass like a ton of bricks

Attached: atlaaaaaas.png (1199x24, 6K)

You can slot the others into your industries to reduce consumption and increase production for when you don't have enough alphas. Depends on how many you have. Even the worse ai core is better than none

>Should I only keep Alphas?
Nah, betas and gammas are very useful for colonies. Installing a gamma on an industry reduces all its demands by one, and they don't sell for much anyway.

Is it safer to store stuff like this in a base or just keep them with me? I don't have any colonies yet and probably won't for a while, for the record.

Store them in a neutral station. There's one in egemony/pirate system, one in persean/trikek/pirate system and one in pather/pirate system. DON'T put them into paid storage, they charge you for a fraction of stored items' cost every month.

yeah perfectly safe to store it until you need it you do get charged rent based on total value of the shit your storing though

Whats a good fleet comp for killing remnants, there's a red warning beacon in a system with a damn nice terran planet I want, I can't do anything to the fucks. Also am I able to respec my character?

Stupid alpha ai core. Thinking that it could best me in uno, what a bi

If I put a couple colonies in a system on planets that compliment each other (One with mad mining, the other with farming/organics), will the trade between the two colonies help each other to any decent degree that makes it worth it even if one of the planets is kind of shitty? or am I looking too deep into this because so far it seems like colonies handle needs just fine with just straight imports if they need it.

Attached: 1338045184795.jpg (320x240, 23K)

Can't you just store it for free on an abandoned station? Like the terraforming platform in Corvus.

Well imports cost money and you might not be able to import enough depending on accessibility. Your colonies do trade with each other though, so it's really worth it. I've got one mining/refining/heavy industry colony and one food/mining/light industry. They work off each other.

First time playing the game, this is my fleet after playing for a good few hours yesterday. How is it? I've mostly been doing bounties and delivery missions, and got a big chunk of change from a derelict survey that was right outside the core worlds.
Some questions:
Should I save ai cores or turn them in? I don't really want to be caught with one, I get scanned by patrols a lot.
Is using autofit for my ship loadouts okay? Not trying to minmax and create stellar builds so as long as I'm not completely gimping myself I'll probably keep doing that.
Do pirates and renmant fleets scale with the player? I've yet to meet one that has outmatched me.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-09_12-18-23.png (1920x1049, 295K)

well i thought about buying a big boy ship, i could get the conquest right now
also replacing the 2 small tankers for one bigger tanker

>I've yet to meet one that has outmatched me
The hell are you talking about? There are pirate raid fleets with 4 capitals everywhere, and they will most certainly outclass a pair of destroyers.

is there a mod that gets rid of niggers, grannies and beta white males? I'm tired of it

Anyone using the Grytpype and Moriarty Defence Authority mod? How is it?
Playing as a space cop in Starsector sounds rad as fuck.

You can put your AI cores in storage.

That's not the issue with your fleet. It's more a distribution of roles, loadouts, strengths and weaknesses.

Are there any mods where I can put AI core in ships? I want an Alpha waifu piloting a ship.
Just mod in your own portraits and replace the vanilla ones, mate. You just gotta edit some text files.

In system imports happen instantaneously. If the larger ones a free port is bolsters all other colonies growth by a small amount too. Plus one can be dedicated to making patrols and thus defense of the two

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I haven't seen a pirate fleet with capitals or even cruisers yet. Every bounty I've taken seems like it's just weak enough for me to destroy it. Remnant fleets especially have been absolute wet noodles, I assume they get stronger the further you go from the core worlds?

buy a buffalo(freighter) and a drum(fuel tanker)
save ai cores, autofit is fine, remnants are strong regardless I think, but yes pirates scale

that's because you're higher level and later in the game , they've scaled

oga portrait pack got deleted because it had too many white men
dropbox.com/s/5k41z8ahuj4mr8c/Oga Portrait Pack v1.2.7z

AND fuel merchants. Remember that sindria is the only planet that produces fuel.

If you have a load of gamma and beta AI cores turn them in to TriTach administrators for 300% value
Don't sell Alphas, store them in an abandoned station, there's a few around the core worlds
Your fleet is okay, I recommend getting a shepherd drone herder (only ~12k) for the salvage gantry and put survey equipment on it, and a freighter or two to get big trade contracts.
>Do pirates and renmant fleets scale with the player?
I don't think they scale depending on your own fleet, you'll definitely see big pirate and remnant fleets eventually though.
Get a cruiser like a falcon and maybe some hammerhead destroyers to stay fast but have good hitting power to clean up bounties while being cheap

Missions like bounties do seem to scale with your fleet, but regular fleets don't. If you ever go into a system that's targeted by a pirate raid you WILL see capitals and cruisers everywhere. Remnants don't scale, but you can tell how difficult they are by the beacon near their system. Green beacons are absolute pushovers, yellows and reds, not so much.

honestly i have no idea what i'm doing so it's understandable

Which mod faction is the best and why is it Blackrock Drive Yards?

What. You are telling me they scale with your LEVEL, not your fleet? That's absurd.

I don't mind war/combat being an aspect but I wish games weren't so aggressive with it being a primary focus. Like in Civ games where opponents are ready for full-fledged war after three turns. Sometimes you just want to develop your nation at your own pace with only the occasional border skirmish.

either level or time elapsed
I've kept a relatively small fleet the entire game and I basically can't do any bounties now because they're all 200k+ with 3 capital ships

are you playing on easy?

Neither of those, they mainly scale depending on the number of bounties you have completed.

user is retarded, only bounties scale and thats based off # of completed bounties

yes it's my fault for coming to a conclusion based off my experiences when the game itself doesn't explain it

how, there are so many gas giant bases
how does no one else make fuel

They aren't similar enough to compare to each other and each is good in it's own right.

fuel merchants send out their private armies to stop them

how do I save that shit?

Why? It's perfectly realistic.

the ai cores? inspections usually don't find them, personally. You can also look for an abandoned space station to use as storage for free

never said it wasnt understandable, just said it's got room to grow and improve, while not being shit.

no the mod file from the link

basically . Whenever someone tries to make a new refinery, sindria says LOL NOPE and sends a private army to fuck the colony. Well, at least that's the lore explanation.

anyone else remove all instances of faction portraits? I hate how they all look completely different from the default portraits

If you sell it just watch who you sell it to. I thought I was being cleaver selling blueprint duplicates on the black market and then had to live with the fact that pirates were now throwing the ship types I sold on the black market at me.

Attached: 1457234641136.png (402x462, 296K)

Blackrock Drive Yards has a ship called the Hawkmoth which is basically an armored heavily armed fuel tanker that can be used effectively in combat.

>maxed battle size
>modded out the ass
>0 frame drops
based poozen

the interstellar imperium can transform its hauler into a partial tanker, but you need to find the proper hull mod and that is a pain in the ass.

What's your video card? From what I can gather AMD cards have difficulty with the game regardless of system specs because they have difficulty with the older openGL crap in the game.

Not him, but I have HD7870 and it indeed shits the fucking bed during battles with more than 15 ships.
This old piece of trash has no problem running most new games at reasonable FPS yet chokes up and dies playing Starsector. The beauty of Java.

shank two niggas once
shank one nigga twice
shields are for pussies
shields aren't actually for pussies

Attached: Conquest2.png (190x400, 138K)

3gb 1060
yeah opengl support is worse for amd

you need more than just a gpu you know

Both are good for different reasons. More important question, where is the FTL mod for Starsector?

Attached: java 2019-08-09 01-38-00-73.png (2560x1440, 1.33M)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: MONEYYY.png (1920x1080, 652K)

2500K @4.6GHz, 16GB RAM. More than enough for a shitty Java game.

not this one, I upgraded from a 2500k

where are you finding these, research stations?

I got an RX480 and a 2600K and the game shits the bed in any fight over 30 ships or so. Sucks because the system runs even modern titles great.

DISCARD DIGIBRAINS
ACQUIRE DRUGS

WHERE THE FUCK DO I FIND BRDY AND DME MODS
WHAT THE FUCK ARE THOSE
ARE THOSE ABBREVIATURES AND THE GORUM THREAD NAMES ARE SOMETHING ENTIRELY DIFFERENT?
I'VE SPENT AN HOUR LOOKING AND I CAN'T FUCKING FIND ANYTHING
HELP

>put drugs on digibrains
>put drugged-up digibrain as colony admin
>infinite profit

i really enjoy the theory that sindria is just someone's elses shitty player faction

you know you can stabilize cargo in space and then come back?

Starsector all the way

BRDY = BlackRock Drive Yards
DME = russian sounding bullshit Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering

Black Rock Drive Yards and Dassault Mikoyan Engineering.

>Virtual Randy Savage running your empire
OH YEEEAAH

you spent an entire HOUR and couldn't decode such simple acronyms?

GOOD SHIT LADS THANKS

Technology is an affront to god and must be destroyed whenever it's found

-posted from my tripad

>fully explored/surveyed 5 nebulas
>all systems are pure s h i t
>most salvage found was 2 research stations and a bunch of probes

i'm sitting at 2.2m from running into constant bounties/pirate bases
I just want to find sick loot
pls

>Not worshipping based Ludd
>Not living the trad agricultural lifestyle with your wife and kids

Can my toaster run this?

Vanilla? probably.

Don't know, let me come round there and load it up for you and we'll see. Then we'll knock some sense into your stupid skull so you stop asking such fucking stupid questions and learn to test things for yourself.

Its about the only missile you can trust the AI with as well.

AI use atropos and other guided missiles decently. The AI just can't lead targets and have trouble with dumb-fire like reapers

I'm playing this on a thinkpad and very rarely if ever get framedrops, so yeah.

Thumper does frag damage, why would I want that?

Attached: smughibiki02.jpg (478x492, 109K)

>put missiles on any ship with missile autoforge
>they outright refuse to fire any untill they're at 95% flux due to being fucking retarded

oh my fuck this is annoying the hell out of me
i just want you to fire your volley of 30 infinite low cooldown missiles that absolutely tear through anything

Filling every medium slot in your fleet with Pilums is pretty good too, it basically makes space a corrosive environment to any enemy ships that lose their shields.

Do luddic path cells still fuck you up when using ai cores if you're friendly with them

thanks brehs

it has a bug where the framerate drops down as fuck even on robust machines, just alt tab out and back in

What are some good ships to build in a colony for my own fleet?

The only none retard way to run a conquest is to put all the fire power on one side and pd on the other. Then use all the extra ordanence too mod the fuck out of it.

Attached: D-c4jv-U8AEYn3N.png (400x400, 8K)

What's the best stuff to throw in those PD slots then? Medium or small?

>pirates keep spawning like fungi in the same system over and over again
I'm gonna fucking colonize it next just so they'll fuck off

they won't
just build a patrol HQ and heavy industry

ive got a bounty thats in one star system, but on the map theres a red arrow pointing out of where he is to another star system
does that mean he's about to jump into hyperspace or something?

I don't think so, i think bounties just stay where they are until you bump into them

>Get two colonies going, both make 150k in total
>Realize that there is no use in having a big, combat oriented fleet
>Just get 4k cargo space, a fuel truck and a cruiser against pesky pickets
>Just ferry drugs and shit between shitty, destabilized markets
>100-300k per 10ly of flying.
>Pump everything into colonies and their ship production
>Pay everyone off who encroached my territory
This game sorely lacks a "big" threat against the player. The AI is simply too passive and abusing markets is way too easy.

Though Im going to try stock up and then raze am important niche resource planet. Dunno how well it would work but shortages should guarantee a fat profit. All I need to do is assemble 10x capitals against the red planet and go HAM at it.

Attached: 1563533790547.jpg (891x1080, 331K)

Ftl is a finished game.

I just tried onslaught last night. I can barely afford her, but my pp has never been this erect.

The base game has grown stale for me, what are some good mods? Is that one that makes the game like Civilization any good?

Any must have mods? And are mods compatible with old saves?

Install nexerelin and DME. that will spice things up.

I found a Luddic Path base station way the hell out there. Surpised they let me dock and refuel.

{"enabledMods": [
"$$$_trailermoments",
"active_gates",
"anotherportraitpack",
"blackrock_driveyards",
"CombatAnalytics",
"chatter",
"Imperium",
"lw_lazylib",
"MagicLib",
"nexerelin",
"US",
"audio_plus",
"shaderLib"
]}

Just download Nexrellin and any or all of the faction mods. I never play the game without mods any more, some of which are incredible. BRDY and Diable especially.

Oh I have Nexerellin, it does not really offer a challenge either since the invasion mechanic is fundamentally same. It even makes things easier thanks to Agents and invasion mechanics of which I can abuse the hell out of.

Attached: 1563997640365.jpg (338x489, 96K)

Why can't I ever pay off enemy factions looking to invade me? Do I need an agent?

Dassault French af tho

is this mod any good?
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=12041.0

yea

How does combat against space stations work? Do I need to take down all segments, or am I supposed to breach one and fire at the core?
Also, my Paragon just soloed a 3 segment pirate base, should I just get rid of other ships?

It's incredible. If you've ever played Star Control you are going to jizz yourself just reading planet names. Even if you haven't, new planet modifiers are fun and very impactful.

>Do I need to take down all segments
this.
>Also, my Paragon just soloed a 3 segment pirate base, should I just get rid of other ships?
Nope. The paragon will get overwhelmed by the sheer number of other ships you'll eventually find.

Take down segments

>start game
>do some errands
>eventually just get caught by a fuckhuge army
>alt+f4
>restart
>repeat every few hours
how do I git gud

Speaking of space stations, how do I stop the AI from just standing in front of all the canons ?
It's infuriating, I keep losing ships because these fucks can't understand the station rotates.

Again, are old saves compatible with mods or do I have to start fresh?

Use faster ships. Pay attention to your surroundings. Don't fast-forward time when flying. Emergency Burn early and often. Get navigation skill. Learn how radar ranges work.

>First thing I see on radar is a red fleet approaching
So while the Hegemony is dealing with a huge pirate fleet I thought I would stop by an independent world with my transponder off. Is it a good idea to buy out all the organs and then pick through the battle remains and head to galatia?

>The paragon will get overwhelmed by the sheer number of other ships you'll eventually find
Can I just add an Astral to go with it? Surely 6 fighter bays are enough to keep small shits in check?

im going to summon the autists,
NGO, New Galactic Order
MesoTroniK

>find a star system where each planet is named after a Chronicles of Amber character
How can one game be so based?

Then the astral is gonna be the one to get swamped and die

This is completey normal in these types of games. The thing to remember is that even if you lose you will generally be better off than you were a few hours ago whether it's having more starting credits or more levels which will make getting back where you were before easier.

Also I find the economy becomes more unstable as time progresses which makes getting a fat payday much easier

post screenshots

Favorite ship names?
>ISS With Apologies to Goddard

>NGO
pretty good mod, bit autistic but at least it wasn't another kitbash
>MesoTroniK
literally who
but he uses shit like "*yawns*" so he's probably a giant faggot

What do I do with all the illegal stuff in my colonies, pick it up and sell it myself or is it added to the income?

>ISS You Found Me, Now What

I have a save with about 3 fully decked astrals, 2 onslaughts, cruisers, frigates, carriers and destroyers. Its still wssnt enough against some fleets I faced and every time the armada took off my colony ran dry

What happened to the Bounty mod and unique ship patterns by the way?

Attached: 1564973770460.jpg (640x480, 33K)

Holy fucking shit, what a beauty.
>can switch between ballistic, energy and fucking cluster ammo
How do I get this beautiful ship? It's the Sylphon mod, I think.

Attached: holyshit.png (806x738, 431K)

are any of the "content expansion" mods good? or should I jus stick with the faction mods

Well, 3 out of 4 + the star. There are also planets named Brand and Martin elsewhere but those are fairly generic names.

Attached: screenshot018.png (1366x768, 299K)

>HMS You Call That A Knife?
>USS I Never Read The Manual
>TTS Get Me The Manager

let them be. It costs you to take them out(because the colony has to resupply them) and unless you sell them on the black market, you'll alway get negative profits.

get rid of the frigates and replace them with cruisers or more destroyers. Check the fighters that you are using and try to make them work along the ships that you already have.
>What happened to the Bounty mod and unique ship patterns by the way?
its inside the ships and weapons pack mod
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=11018.0

Is nexerelin worth downloading even if you don't like 4X gmaes?

Get lucky, basically. Check SRD markets every refresh, hope for a bounty or find the low chance of an Outcast BP with the hull. It is a solid capital, the AI does an alright job with the ammo loader.

Save.

Also, try to fight the redacted and get their fighters. they have need no crew and are incredibly strong for their cost.

Attached: furshit.png (690x316, 109K)

Fuck, I missed it before starting a new game. Does it require a fresh save?

It turns the game from mount and blade
into more like mount and blade

Hold the fuck up. You're saying it's not even an unique ship? You can get a BP for it?
Can't wait to make a fleet out of those.

10/10 I'm going to start paying attention to the names now.

...i think not.

Iss Laputan Machine.

I've enabled it mid-save and it seems to work fine. I never see AI use the new ships, though, so that might be a bug.

>I AM NOT A MACHI-

grey alien faction when?

In the future updates, apparently.
I think that faggot Alex mentioned something about ayys.

Really? Wow I was just joking
That would be really cool though if they were this really remote and reclusive faction, like they have a dyson sphere or something so you have a really hard time scanning for it.

Surrender now!
The pirate shepard mining drone ship

Colonizing a system with a yellow warning beacon

Good idea? y/n

they are completely different and cannot be compared at all

It would be cool. As it is now, the game lacks challenges apart from pirates, pathers and Remnants.
You could install Dassault-Mikoyan for the Blade Breakers (?), they're like an advanced version of Remnants with their own outposts, bases and systems. And sweet, sweet fucking loot, of course.

y. Have F U N

yes. If you get a battlestation up and running, the [REDACTED] raids become really easy to deal with

>get the game
>play exclusively iron man from the start
>finally managed to get a decent start with colonies
>too weak and can't repel constant harassment

Attached: see you space cowboy.jpg (2048x1536, 122K)

Always a good idea.

How do I defeat the combat lads?
I can't stand the sort of combat where you know you've lost but still have to sit there 20 minutes thinking about it before it actually happens

Attached: 1564113179110.jpg (235x219, 20K)

So what? Abandon the colony for now, try again later. Plot. Scheme. Gain power and Brouzouf. Genocide your enemies. Create a new colony on top of your foes' corpses.

Get the speed up mod then.

ISS Vent Flux Here

So pirates began this run by fighting the Hegemony, should I buy another Shepherd to scrap the ships or a dram to sell a fuckton of fuel to the Derinkuyu pirates?

>Trading with pirates

Attached: FFA37E0D-F386-47AC-ADFA-EDD546B8517A.gif (500x246, 528K)

Post good space sim games
I just started playing Starsector and have been hopping back into FTL and I want more comfy space games. Is Elite Dangerous worth sinking hours into?

The eggs also has a fuel production industry on nachiketa

How much heavy machinery do you all usually have? I found a station with 700 which is waaaay above my storage limit, so I'm trying to figure out how much to keep and how much to sell?

Attached: sqoil6p65qd31.png (529x401, 265K)

Mario Tennis

400 is enough to survey all the things.

100 in case of research stations

Ok. I'll sell the rest, thanks!! Super limited storage atm.

I keep around 200ish on my fleet, it's better then metals to carry around and has a more consistent price but there is rarely a machinery shortage anywhere

WOLVES

In my game there's a permanent machinery shortage on Ragnar complex. They sometimes have 4 active procurements for it at once.

Reminder to install as many working faction mods as your rig can handle so there are more players in the economy competing and market forces will be more important.

Attached: 1542777325818.png (735x586, 33K)

should I sell this bad boy (synchrotron Core)? have no colony to put this on, I guess that's what it's for
are you supposed to hand over AI cores in general or just sell them on the bm?

Attached: 1533844533563.png (96x96, 14K)

how am i supposed to deal with this shit? I have like 3 cruisers and 0 capitals

Attached: screenshot003.png (768x840, 504K)

If you know you are going to lose the battle then just send the important ships to retreat

Is there any mod that let's you glass planets without allies turning on you?

How the FUCK do I design good ships? I can't even find any. My fleet consists of 3 freighters, 2 tankers, the starting Hammerhead, a Wolf, a shit Drone Carrier. I can maybe handle Dominion Probes but Pirates overwhelm me and I pissed off the Hegemony selling heroin all over their shit

>Selling your AI cores
If you give them to the megacorp they give you 3 times the market price per core.

*Yawns*

If you want to sell cores turn them in officially at any trikek planet. They pay triple the base price. That's 450k for an alpha, 2 of those and you can get a Paragon.

Attached: meso.jpg (1709x392, 126K)

What is that first ship? Is that just an Atlas? If so then that's a very simple fleet to deal with, you need fighter screens of your own to combat theirs and against those ships a good amount of high explosive weaponry would be preferred, especially the Ventures which have a lot of health and that alone can lose you the fight because of how long they can take to kill.

There're places you can stash things for later.
Though you'll have to remember where they are.

yeah that's cool and dandy if only I had money to get all of that I would've bought a capital and just facerolled through anyway

Buy them from black market. If you have little cash, the beginning is the hardest part, your best bet is go to systems where there are faction conflicts going on and then salvage derelict ships post battle. I got a XIV Onslaught wreck an hour into my latest game, you can repair the damage mods off it later when u have cash so the ships are good as new

How did even the whole permissions thing start for that community

as all autistic things, from a circlejerk

You don't need capital or even a cruiser to deal with fleets like that. I've defeated larger pirate fleets with just Condors (cheapest, smallest carrier in the game), some basic high-tech frigates and midline destroyers.

Really though carriers are incredibly important, get them.

well shit, I wasted so much money
and the synchrotron core? is it also classified as a 'core'? like the alpha, beta and gamma?

Attached: CULTURE.png (680x378, 389K)

No only cores are classed as cores. Forges and those syncotron things don't count and I don't think hegemony care if you use them

>I've defeated larger pirate fleets with just Condors (cheapest, smallest carrier in the game)
How many updates ago was that?

>Send my fleet to some distant star system
>it plots to descend RIGHT INTO THE FUCKING STAR instead of a close wormhole

I HATE IT

Traveling in general in this game is cancer.

Forges have tiers though, you can have them pristine and corrupted.

condors are good man, very cost efficient and they know how to hang back unlike some carriers that just go blazing in because they have a single medium ballistic

Fucking lolbertarians.

Pathers care a LOT about cores, and if you use synchrotron, you will invite Syndria as well. Hegemony gets upset if you have a nanoforge because they are the main hull manufacturer, but they will hate you anyway.

how can you even compare them beyond the backdrop
that said i got like 10 times as many hours out of starsector, and i havent even played since exploration was added

>Too brainlet for weapons n hullmods
Can i just autofit everything?

There are 17 fighter wings in his picture. You will need like 20+ condors to counter that and still have enough bombers to deal at least some damage to capitals. Atlases and ventures are fucking damage sponges.

at the start yeah, but as you get bigger ships with more slots for weapons, you should be starting to manually choose your weapons

somewhat unrelated but since you guys seem to know what you're talking about I'm gonna ask anyway
I am currently sitting on a small fleet of soley kites and wolfs + ships to carry my stuff
what are some good ships I should be looking out for next? have ~500k credits

Sure, as long as you're at a decently stocked market.

Is FTL actually good or is it one of those grind-to-win roguelites that get overrated just for not being a complete scam like most kikestarters projects are?

>start new run, knowing more about the game
>find 3 (three) paragon blueprints in the span of 20 minutes
I was so tempted to sell them on the black market but I didn't want to condemn the entire sector.

i've got 200k space shekels, what big boy ship should I get?

Attached: 1361899194156.gif (178x177, 991K)

How much cash and ships do I need before establishing a colony? I havent found any Terran worlds but I found a really resource rich Ice planet with 150% Hazard rating
I have 1 million credits and no real fighters

AI cores in ships is gonna be added to the main game soon. It's talked about in the July Skills and Story points dev blog.

Attached: 3Armadas.png (414x400, 123K)

>I have 1 million credits and no real fighters
I tried having a colony with those exact numbers and I got destroyed by pirates. You need to be at least strong enough to take out pirate bases. A single capital can do it. Sometimes you will be raided by 20 capitals and 40 cruisers, nothing you can do about it, so just chill.

those are fighters from shitty colossi with converted bays and mining pods from ventures, all from ships that most likely don't even have a carrier oriented pilot in them, the fighters in that fleet are a mild nuisance at best and your 2-3 condors and what point defense you have on your frigates and destroyers would easily go through them

the main issue with large pirate fleets like this is time, you can take them but it will be slow because of how long each venture takes to kill

I'm iffy on their skill rework, but the other things sound great.

Especially the ability to make hullmods built in, which presumably will free up the OP they otherwise eat.

Im looking at some user fleets and I feel entirely inadequate
Ive sold all my AI Cores and 2 Synchotron cores before reading this thread
no bully pls

Attached: Untitled.png (1280x840, 326K)

You say that, but we hear, "Pls bully."

"I-I-am not a machin-"

Attached: GuntherHermann.jpg (558x893, 292K)

I'd get a Sunder to get into destroyers, but at 500K you might be able to skip that and go into cruisers.
>Dominator if you want dakka
>Apogee if you're a techfag
>Eagle if you want a balanced experience
>Gryphon if you want an unbalanced experience
The latter will turn you screen completely white with explosions if you do it right.

>200K
Awwwwww, so cute when they grow up.

1 million in some cases, 2 mil to be sure.

>didnt turn them into tri-tachyon
o I am laffin

>Ive sold all my AI Cores and 2 Synchotron cores before reading this thread
Then why don't you have a huge fleet yet? Your 1.1kk is enough for a cruiser and 6 destroyers.

>only 200000
I guess a condor or something?

How do you do a gryphon right?

Pathers are always going to be a pain in the ass. I have a pristine forge on my orbital forge World and hegemony haven't attacked me once, I have 100 rep with them but I don't think that makes a dif.

appriciate your advice user

Do the factions EXPAND into other planets and shit?

I dont know where to start. Been reading a ship guide on the forums and it doesnt answer much. Everyone earlier was saying O N S L A U G H T but the guide said thats a dookie ship for how easily its flanked
I just stabilized my income, was struggling for 2 cycles, now Im jus tlooking for ships to buy. I have 3 systems marked down full of domain probes i havent even touched yet. I was thinking going full Hammerheads. Are frigates worth it?

Not without a mod

no

Reminder to sell all your blueprints to Luddic Path.

not without the nexrelin mod

Find a Harbinger, Falcon (P) or Dominator. Then get more good goy points for arming and maintaining it.

>control nearly 80% of the global market share of fuel
>colonies are so far away from the rest of the factions that they literally have to buy a metric ton of fuel whenever they trade with me
>literally making 1.5 million a month from fuel alone
fuck the hegemony and fuck the space jihads

Attached: 1495469513582.jpg (480x360, 20K)

based
we must purge the infidels with paragons and onslaughts, it is luddic's will

Attached: 1489867324319.jpg (892x724, 79K)

The AI isn't going to flank your Onslaught with anything that will be remotely of concern. Just set your PD up properly. An Onslaught should be able to charge into the middle of a mutli cap ship battle and ignore every missile and fighter

>How do you do a gryphon right?
Sabots on the side and reapers up front. You can unironically 1v1 an Onslaught with it.

Keep your Onslaught escorted by destroyers or frigates and you won't need to worry about it getting flanked

haven't played since last update, I made a colony with defences and got bored, gonna play with mods for the first time, other than nexerelin there's anything else I should try?
are vanila savegames compatible with nexerelin?

Attached: landing approach.gif (384x384, 1.57M)

can you fully restore ships so they don't have those permanent debuffs?
does your max move speed depend on an average or on the slowest ship?

>How do you do a gryphon right?

>Weapon group 3: Dual flak on the medium ballistic turret, vulcan cannons everywhere else (autofire)
>Weapon group 2: Medium Sabot pods portside
>Weapon group 1: ALL THE REAPERS up front

>Put this on the background: youtube.com/watch?v=fGDQ9IukMOc
>Get into firing range
>Front towards enemy
>Fire WG2
>Shields are ded
>Fire WG1
>Put on sunglasses
>WATCH ME EXPLODE

Anyone have an updated weapon comparison infographic?

Forgot to mention: expanded magazines of course.

>expanded magazines

Attached: 1554224316648.png (367x345, 66K)

>can you fully restore ships so they don't have those permanent debuffs?
You can but it's more expensive than just buying a new one.
>does your max move speed depend on an average or on the slowest ship?
Slowest.

What is Onslaught-chan's weakpoint??

Guides Im using:
Ship: docs.google.com/document/d/1KaEMSCvH7CeB76wLKj0e5tn9jn6NjPJcNvciTbbQ1nM/preview#
Weapons: docs.google.com/document/d/1uFJ62AZOx9xjSCWUA-4f-u7jJqSQBjb7ZngFu6m7T4w/preview

I dont know SHIT about fighter wings. Are Carriers worth it?

cheers

Expanded missile racks, you get the idea.

Not that you need them to blow bases to smithereens.

Her ass.

her backside

Attached: 45104964_p2.jpg (905x1200, 385K)

I just want to say I am jealous of you guys, I have yet to find a game in the past 3 months that I am completely into, it doesn't help that I am a complete casual.

This looks fun but way too complex for my needs

how can i analyze the markets to see what items are in surplus and shortage?

Well, they're all weak to having things put in their exhaust ports...

Slowest in flotilla, but you can get tugs

apogee isn't that great desu. the large energy is nice but thats about all it has for frontal firepower. Eagle is much better as a combat ship, it doesn't have a large slot but 3 medium ballistic and 3 medium energy can all be brought to bear at once and maneuvering jets gives it greater mobility to chase or kite.

It's not complex. Try it out you giant faggot, Sseth even gave his serial key away for free.

Carriers are pretty great, just try them out user.

Apogee is meant for survey and exploration, which it excels at.

Depending on the wings used you can fit carriers to take the role of missile boats or smallers ships like frigates and destroyers without worrying about losses.

Oh boy, another thing for modders to sperg out about when someone replaces their OC Donut Steel AI core portrait with a waifu.

Attached: 13153558_f520.jpg (520x367, 46K)

What are some good fighters to stick on my carriers? Recently I've been having a ton of success with longbow fighters, but I wanted some other opinions too.
Usually my fleet's biggest problem is against incredibly tanky ships, like the Onslaughts and Apogees. They just form a giant wall that my AI ships can't break through. Would there be any good fighters for that?

I'm a noob that found a legion, filled it with emp drones.
Ship by ship they get disabled by the swarm, then safely turned into derelicts with the main fleet

You don't do that already?

>against incredibly tanky ships
Combra bomber have REAPERS on them, if that shit lands where shields don't shine, it's over.

kopesh bombers are another good choice as are the lux heavy fighters from droneships but it's hard to get enough of those

Of course. Next big update I'll post my packs to annoy the forum spergs who show up to mope about it.

you can kill 90% of ships with just two reapers
i have torpedo tubes in 3 different groups

I love longbows for their shields busting, but you need some high explosives either on your ships or on fighters to take advantage, so the torpedo runner or the bombers.

The various AI fighters are all great, but some are rarer than others.

When I was smuggling boi in the early game I named the first buffalo I bought ISS Buffalo Bill. Second one became the ISS Buffalo Barbara. I've now moved on to bigger freighters, but I didnt sell my buffalos but did instead store them on my colony so they can chill on a ranch together.

Can I add new mod factions to an existing save?

Shanks two niggas at once
Shank a nigga twice

The Gryphon never disappoints. If you want to save ammo, get Hammers.

How do you all outfit your shades? Weapons and hull mods?

What's with the hate that everyone has for frigates in the midgame? They're still valuable to run 4-5 of even if you aren't running them in the primary skirmish so that they can mop up support ships in the pursuit or deploy from the sides.

Early game I made all my dosh selling drugs heavy armaments and marines to pirates and the path, even bought one of those civilian transport ships just to be able to ship more marines (two systems with pather planets about 2 light years apart that together had a marine shortage of ~1000 where they would sell for around 50% profit per marine. Also always had excess crew that could be bought for ~12 so I just shipped them back.

Tridents suck desu. 25 OP is too much + 20 second replacement time is killer. Cobras have 30 more speed and cost 10 less OP for more damage.

Attached: screenshot022.png (1920x1080, 624K)

fpbp

Attached: 991a2623f316c043b3087ec9b8df7092.png (474x591, 658K)

i dunno, i always had 2 lashers and 2 wolves for exactly that
then i replaced wolves with tempests and added a single Ludd brawler for personal piloting during chases

>they can mop up support ships
so can fighters, except fighters can fight the whole battle where with frigates you need to keep them in the back and only unleash them in the chase. Fighters are honestly completely superior to frigates once you hit midgame.

is there a way to deploy my entire fleet in battle?

fleet limit size means you cant keep em. your finally able to afford decent shit midgame and theres all this cool stuff you want. lategame you have a base to store and specialize your fleets so its okay to swap stuff out.

You can unironically kill pirate armadas with 30 tempests + omens.

My flagship trough the midgame was a gryphon with 3 small sabots in the front (alterning so you can decide on how much is needed to flux break somebody) + large reaper launcher and harpoons on the sides. It could fucking kill so many big things so fucking fast.

Might want to exchange the big reaper for a Hammer barage, since the big reaper recharge time for shooting is fucking huge and you'll never get off more then 1 salvo per enemy overload, on the plus side very few things survive a salvo (granted both reapers hit).

The only sad thing about this is that the AI cant pilot it for shit (strange since the same combot with antimatter blasters + sabots on an Aurora works fine on autopilot), so when I graduated to a bigger flagship I had to bench it.

Attached: 1481160557533.png (800x800, 597K)

No idea, I use frigates to get rid of enemy frigates and for pursuits. I imagine by that time some focus on massing up larger ships or carriers and feel they aren't as necessary.

Increase Battle Size in settings, larger fleets get more deployment points at the start. For more extreme measures do it in settings.json in the starsector-core\config\ folder

what do you guys like to level on your character?
so far I have put everything in blue skills that help your fleet, currently lvl 12

just change fleet limit to whatever you want in notepad

Halo

yeah, but later on the autofit ends up lacking. A general rule of thumb is that the kinetics should drain as little flux as possible and have a high fire rate, while the explosives should fire one big shot instead of several small ones.

Make it yourself

Literally no problem. With Nex, you can invade and take over any colony. You want that fancy ass size 7 planet with a star fortress, 75% rating? Just fucking take it bro. You even keep the infrastructure the asshat before you invested in.

This game is the definition of analysis paralysis.
So many ships, so many guns, I have no idea what to choose.

>Dude just wait until you have a fleet that can beat everyone anyway before you start to colonize and it's just a long grind through the sector

>start colony on okay world
>can build one industry and spaceport
>have some kind of stroke and make light industry first
>produce: domestic goods, luxury goods (useless)
>consume: organics (no source without mining)
>have to manually ferry 1000 supplies, food, and domestic goods out pretty much every twenty minutes
>pirates roll in
>will hover "fighting" star port unless I intervene at which point they wander off without taking damage
>too big to fight
>colony starving, hemorrhaging money, negative growth
>sitting on three synchrotrons, a pristine nanoforge, five corrupt nanoforges
Send help.

>not decking both sides in mad PD with devastator cannons that cost 8 points
>not putting command center on it
>not driving sideways across the battle line decimating any missiles or strike craft or frigates/cruisers that try to come near your side while issuing huge amounts of orders so your ai doesnt go full retard
fun ship when you find the build you like

Autofit lad.

i want to believe that alex or someone close to him came to this threads at least once. One user in particular was very interested as for why we thought the new skill system was a downgrade up to the point that he was asking if we could tell him the flaws that we saw and such.

Yeah, nobody could actually care about game design on Yea Forums unless they were a dev or from r*ddit.

>Metafalica
This nigger is referencing Ar Tonelico. What, is his faction made up of singing android waifus?

Attached: 1465520961455.jpg (425x597, 82K)

>Are Carriers worth it?
definitely. Fighter doctrine is king.

With Nex if you don't have a good fleet and at least a mil in bank when setting up a colony you're going to get steamrolled. I'm talking about a colony invasion fleet with 2-5 stacks and dozens of capital ships.

The cost of an upgrade from a battlefortress to a starfortress is 1mil. Upgrading to a ship command is counted as industry, which means you'll need to wait years in game before you get a decent defense fleet going if you have lots of industry.

Without a decent fleet and a tier 2 fortress, your colony will bleed money due to constant raids.

?

Attached: P_Tri-TachyonF_4.png (128x128, 40K)

And this is why bro, look at how he suffers. Now imagine this is 5x worse with nex.

>a tempest with two phase lances twoshots other frigates and shieldbreaks destroyers
>you also have a slot for a reaper
How can low-tech niggers even compete.

Close, AI cores that voluntarily get stuck in ships and fly around as they please.
There's also a ship named "Takumi" that has increased speed and maneuvering.
Is Ar Tonelico good? I wanted to try it.

You know, I recently came back to Derinkuyu after about 20 in-game years, and the station was now independent instead of pirate. I didn't know they could even do that.

>are vanila savegames compatible with nexerelin?
Not really, nexerelin on its own adds a hyperspace station and changes the factions behavior. You're better off by starting a new game and giving yourself a shitload of money.

Well, the present skill system is flawed in the point sink that is the aptitude ranks.
They're also flawed in that many skills are pretty much mandatory if you want to do anything aside from random fights.
Things like Transverse jump should probably be base-line, with skill increasing their efficiency or speed.

On the other hand, a lot of the skills provide negligible benefit in comparison. Even the ones that are deeply specialized.

With this overhaul, I worry that their general boost options will be underwhelming, while their specialist boosts will be similarly underwhelming, yet also limited.

As well, I'm concerned over a similar thing as the locked features with these teirs. That something far too useful to be locked will be hidden behind multiple points that do little or nothing for the larger character.

I don't explicitly think it is a downgrade, outside of reflexively not liking having 1.5/5 the skill points to distribute. But, in change comes the possibility of both good and bad.

jesus fucking christ it's impossible to catch a pirate ship in this piece of shit mod

where do you find these?

hey for nexerelin is it possible for me to conquer territory for the faction I'm commissioned by? say im workin for the sindarian diktat can I conquer some tri-tach stations and give it to the sindarians?

I salvaged the galaxy and I have four XIV Legion Battlecruisers, it's really tempting to field all of them even if that's retarded.

LP brawler deletes everything as long as it doesnt get EMPed in the ass

nope. the mod factions usually have their own systems and without them they don't really exist in your save.

Yes, talk to the secretary under comms

red ones go faster

They are pretty great, especially music
Gameplay is mixed bag though

thank you :)

Attached: 1532689225103.gif (371x200, 2.62M)

>have to manually ferry 1000 supplies, food, and domestic goods out pretty much every twenty minutes
why? the colony should do it on its own.

probably low accessibility

I still autofit, I don't have the time and autism to sperg about specific loadouts for every ship and hull type.

>find a cryosleeper
>manage to not get raped by the auto-defenses for once as I have too many ships for the missiles to shieldbreak
>beat the auto-defenses without a single casualty
>"wow sorry the people might have brain damage :)"
fuck this game

dropped

Tell me about the missile cruiser.
Is it really as broken as they say?
What loadout would you use?

>Retards are going to build their very own Remnants and act surprised when the AI shoots them in the back

Attached: 1558893950117.jpg (1400x1400, 1.32M)

kills any ship in the game in one salvo
just dont get overconfident and charge in the middle of enemy formation alone

Pretty new to the game. Did some exploration missions and I've got a decent bit of cash, looking to buy a new ship.
Haven't really looked around, but I'm eyeing another Hammerhead, a Destroyer (5 medium ballistic seem pretty good, slow though) or a Condor.
Are carriers any good in this game? What purpose do they serve?

Attached: fleet.png (1917x1077, 1.89M)

They can't outwit me if I turn into AI myself!

get sunder chan and snipe niggas with pew pew beams

Should it? I couldn't see it happening, and then pirates showed up to blockade the system

Meant to post this instead

Attached: fleet.png (1911x1075, 1.77M)

>Buffalo 2
literally flying coffin

Carriers are really great to have a couple of, as long as you have proper support for them with frigates or cruisers protecting them. They basically apply constant pressure on the enemy's fleet with their fighters.
If you want a good destroyer, I'd recommend the Sunder. That large energy slot helps you destroy everything, and the ship itself handles well.

there is also the option to only loot the planet and your commissioned faction will take the planet for themselves. Just after the battle don't press the option that says " claim the planet for yourself"

Is Onslaught-chan a slut?

>I'm talking about a colony invasion fleet with 2-5 stacks and dozens of capital ships.
Yes, as in, you have to wait until even later to get into colonizing unless you want to live on a worthless shithole or out in the sector edge.

They're all butt-sluts.
Just jam it in their exhaust port and they'll be on their knees.

I want to use degenerate pack
Do I need to type in all of extra folder filenames into files myself or is there some premade rar?

Yes, 2 is the best (except 2/3 of the girls are the worst waifus in the series) and 3 is the worst, but they're all worth playing. Mir is best girl.

You could avoid that hassle and directly add the images into a mod or the game itself.

One of my tankers got this as its random name
youtube.com/watch?v=bV-hSgL1R74
Post your favourite names

Same.

Are you asking what the reference is?

Look, anyone with insufficient shield coverage might be a buttslut, but it can't be argued that Onslaught-Chan has superb ballistics. No doubt related to her age.

>YouTube
How about go fuck yourself

>go into low risk unexplored system
>find bunch of derelict ships
>one of them is some timebending remnant ship
>put 3 antimatter blaster at front
>just wiggle behind enemy ships in slowed time and delete them
oh boy

I will let you in on a secret I use
>Sunder
>safety overrides
>Shield extender
>Plasma Cannon

That's 4200 damage a volley, this load out with some kinetic support will wreck all sorts of shit.

All yellows and blues are godle, followed by some greens, and then the reds

Done, now I just need to find a large energy weapon

It's a music video you dimwit
I wonder if there's more reference names in there

>timebending remnant ship
What.

The AI don't tolerate filthy cyborgs.

>those missions where a scientist sends you after an AI core
should i just keep it and give it to the hegemony for rep?

He thinks Tri-tac phase ships are Remnant.

ISS Laputan Machine

thisI am actually a retard

>not running Tachyon Lance + beams + Optics & Targeting unit
No need to extend your shield if you don't need your shield.

Fuck seth and fuck people.

You are all bandwagonfriends. Stop letting e-celebs think for you.

Attached: 1541456334335s.jpg (225x227, 9K)

Because my dear friend, it's very energy efficient, and does good hull damage, which in certain situation is perfect. By no means am I saying you should spam it, it's situational, but to think you should never use it is most foolish.

I didn't, I tried it for myself and liked it.

tell that to my 3k hours in mountainblade

shut the fuck up frogposter

What? Just build a colony in the system and build the cryorevival facility. Not sure what your upset about

That's a pretty blessed and wholesome reference name desu
I found the string file, it's full of neat ones.
>Nostromo
>There and back again
>Go home Ezra

Should I just restart? I dont like my early game choices

I TOOK IT FOR MYSELF
100% WORTH IT
SO MANY FUCKING BLUEPRINTS

Brain damage? You mean an organ donor card?

is that anyway to make ingame bookmarks? I have found some area's I would want to comeback to when I have a larger cargo capacity but I can't seem to do anything the map

I got one worse.
>Find the cryosleeper
>It's out in the middle of nowhere and there's nothing in system higher than rank II
They're stuck there forever because I don't get to tow it to somewhere less shit or something.

>The only none retard way to run a conquest
That's where you are wrong kiddo, Conquest biggest "perk" is that you have many different loadouts and roles for it, it's a jack of all trades master of none.
Depending on the rest of your fleet and playstyle the optimal loadout for Conquest changes.

I've been playing this game for years. Fuck off, frogposting nigger.

>check neutron star for research station
>find cryosleeper

Attached: EAA1BAB5-9E49-4AA3-9851-CA61A7E22EBE.jpg (492x330, 43K)

Go home Ezra?

That setup is literally the rapist of the derelict. Very useful but not the override version is a bit more fun.

I asked about tjis a year ago.

It’s easier to use notepad

>how am i supposed to deal with this shit? I have like 3 cruisers and 0 capitals
post your fleet.

If I had one in my Neutron system I found where there's a rank V planet (because it's crawling with ore and volatiles out the ass) that'd be something at least. A total clusterfuck though.

If you send the core you don't miss out on the blueprints, you just send the core

>Im looking at some user fleets and I feel entirely inadequate
You are fine, just early in the game.

>Enter the system
>right in the Corona of rape
>supplies are flying of the shelf
>limp back to civilised space on low CR
>pirate gang attack

Classic

I like that when you find a collection of pods full of brain deads in cryostasis, it doesn't even prompt you before you start harvesting their organs. Really paints a picture of how fucking grim life is post collapse.

That’s great, mine had 1 irradiated planet with sparse ore and 225% hazard rating

why do you enter through the sun?

>not t jumping to a planet to use as a shield
>not going out there in a small fleet with solar shielding

Attached: 4F9C7A51-15CE-4830-8AD4-4B0D83E15E9D.png (420x420, 150K)

>not taking solar shielding

If you are skilled get a finese ship for yourself and reap massive results and give that hammer heat to an officer.
If not, get a sunder/hammerhead/condor.

That same planet I mentioned is 350% hazard because it has every single possible negative modifier too. I meant it when I said it was a clusterfuck.

there was some key combination to buy just the max of crew required, which was it?

ctrl+click?

there's a way to do it with the console command mod but you will need to do a search on it since it was ages ago and I can't name it off the top of my head.

Does selling Survey data affect colonization effort?
Im sitting on dozens of shit tier survey data sheets

nah, that was with save transfer and that mod is dead because the colony system fucked everything up.

nope, feel free

Ctrl click is useful for autoselling or buying relevant amounts.

Sell it you dunce.

thanks, that was it, any mod recomendation with nexerelin?

I found a domain-era cryosleeper, I was expecting fat loot from the fight I did for it but I got a fat load of nothing, what exactly does it do?

>i found millions of potential colonists that could rapidly grow a colony
Gee user I don't know.

Increase colony growth for planets in system. Would be great if you could tow it, or trigger a fleet that does

Is it next to a planet? If it is, it boosts population growth.

current skill system sucks ass
new skill system looks really good though

>ruins contains 2 ruined nano forges, 1k garbage ore and basedlet

the system contains 6 more planets, perhaps this is worth colonizing?

Attached: Terran planet.png (1920x1080, 1.58M)

Wow, is there a way to mark on the starmap that this little sucker is there? it's literally at the corner of the map and I don't have the resources to analyse the adjacent planets.

>CPU load is at 100%
>GPU load is at 40%
>Game is chugging along at 15-19fps during larger battles
Did I miss the option to activate hardware acceleration?

Attached: 1565043122715.gif (1440x1080, 1.84M)

Add whatever faction mod tickles your fancy.
That being said, the ships and weapon pack are a must because they add special bounties, and unknown skies is a texture pack that adds more flavor to the exploration part of the game.
Skilled up allows you to reach level 103, so you basically can have every ability.
Underworld gives the pirates more toys to play with and also gives tri-tachyon an "elite" subfaction.
Missiles and Sundry give the missiles the ability to regenerate in the middle of combat at the expense of fire rate, and gives your kinetics that use ammo...ammo clips? i'm not so sure on that, but having your missile boats stop being useless is a huge win, specially because it makes no sense that they run out of ammo.
Mayasuran navy adds more vanilla ships to the persean sector faction, so if you like the Hammerhead, go for this mod,

>perhaps
Of course it is you dummy. Thats 100% habitabilty with the decivilzed pop bonus. You're really not likely to find something better

Yes. It involves organic matter and carbon or ink based utensils.

Posted from my Tripad.

this one is perfect. you only need one that has transplutonics and another with volatiles

Go to bar.
One person can help, where in sistem located the pirate station.
Take strong fleet.
Destroy pirate base
???
profit

Attached: 1523315231528.jpg (126x92, 3K)

yea, go into the vmparams file and change xms and xmx values to the number of megabytes you want to allot

That sounds too complicated, can't I just write it down?

It's not very accessable though; it's on the outer edges of the sector, I'll keep my eyes on it at the very least, I'm definitly not ready to colonize anything at this point, but I'm going to expand soon

Attached: survey ship.png (1149x639, 407K)

Too bad it doesn't involve a UI technology that should be available to anyone navigating the stars.

Look at it from the other perspective. Now you have an outpost for long range exploration. also, the other factions don't mind going to the edge of the map for some goods..

I ran into a sleeper with a single drone battleship. No dpips.
I didn't notice it was pristine, threw my fleet with 3-4 cruisers at it because I've always handled drone guardians before, and it massacred me.

how do I find markets to stop at to resupply, for long hyperspace journeys?

Hazard rating 275% ultrarich ore/rare ore volcanic planet, and there's some fuel in the system, is there a cap on colonies? This might get nice

great, thanks I'll add all those

>it's on the outer edges of the sector,
Fucking so what? Megaport and govenor bonuses easily counteract the hit to stability

create a colony in the middle of nowhere and that becomes your resupply market

Yeah, that thing is lethal, but all rogue machines need total annihilation

Swarm it with Eagles

i think the max is 8, but nothing stops you from editing the files to have 10 or a 100

Has anyone ever been autistic enough to colonize every single V or IV rank world in the sector?

I usually load up on supplies and fuel from the two systems on the eastern middle edge if the populated sector

Chicomoztoc usually has a little cheaper supplies and naraka has a fuel plant

No, but some have bombed every planet back to the some age

it doesn’t stop the pathers or pirates

Mixed Kopesh and Piranahs for light OP builds. Kopesh rockets hit shields over a wide area and two to three seconds later the Piranah bombs arrive to finish the job.
The disadvantages is that the damage can be spread over a wide arc.
The advantage is that the damage can be spread over a wide arc. I've had a couple of bombing runs cripple Cruisers and Capships and also fuck up nearby frigates and destroyers.

having all your planets in a single system has its advantages though.

cryosleepers are the most annoying shit because they're fucking worthless 99.99% of the time
alex fix your fuckin piece of shit game

Thanks. I've set it to 6gb, let's see how that goes.

I got this shit, how do I use it?

Attached: screenshot004.png (1366x768, 844K)

they work on the colony's industries. The synchroton goes to the fuel production and the nanoforge goes on the heavy industry/orbital works

>go pirate hunting in church sector with my coosy fleet
>make like 100k per engagement
>1million on the bank
>feel baller
>go to hegemoney sector and run with lightspeed into a gigantic pirate fleet with 10 capitals
>get assraped
>whole fleet gone
>whole cargo gone
>whole mood gone
well I guess life has it's up and downs

Attached: EAbIkPKUwAEp4Ad.jpg (1000x1000, 82K)

>Find the perfect planet
>It's near core
>It's also in a star-poor constellation with no other habitable planets and is about as distant from other constellations/nebula as core
>However every single surrounding constellation/nebula is fairly planet rich
This place is just begging to be a trade nexus.

Is this a decent system to colonize? This is the only earth like I found so far.

Attached: screenshot005.png (1366x768, 499K)

Sell it at a market with low tarrifs

Remember that trades involving a lot of money earns rep.

Nah thats pretty shit. I wouldn't bother with it.

Your game is great and I can't wait for the next update Alex!

yes. that decivilization "debuff" will help you grow your colony rather fast at the expense of 1 stability.

What should I be looking for?

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH JUST GIVE IT TO ME

Attached: 20190809175658_1.jpg (1920x1080, 250K)

use the emergency burn

Holy shit I finally found a research station while surveying planets. What should I do with the the cores and AI, and these are the first blueprints I've ever found, is it time to settle down and make me a colony?

Attached: Starsector 0.9.1a-RC8 8_9_2019 5_44_32 PM.png (1920x1080, 889K)

Crab fab, my dude. Don't worry about "-1 minerals" or whatever - that's good. As long as it's explicitly calling out a resource, that means it has some amount of that resource. And the 100 CH is perfectly fine.

so is there an ACTUAL drawback to Alpha Core Admins?
I know you can't remove them without a heavy penalty after some time, and the Hegemony comes knocking at your door, but isn't it still kinda broken, since you can offset bribes with the ludicrous income bonus?

What the fuck... then the world is just static.

yes.

I've owned FTL for years and I've never beaten it, I always get to the end but I always get killed by the fleet, anyone have any good tips?

Is luck of the draw. Some equipment makes it doable, and others don't. Vg has a thread and guide for it I think.

Story when ?

get gut folly, FTL isn't that hard if you know how the game works, zoltan and mantis 2 are the easiest cruisers, stick to them, get shilds good shields, farm many ecounters as possible
cloacking device is mandatory for success, beam weapons would be nice too

apparently not.

What next after the tut? Just go for pirate bounty?

Does Nexerelin fuck with the prices of things?
The money I get from smuggling is absolutely laughable now

buy flaks and buy hacking, that gives you a basically 90+ percent chance to win the game every single time

i think so, but smuggling has always been the best way to trade.

....but...but why do they even give a shit? I don't understand. Arn't they literally doing the same thing by modding the game? Replacing the original assets with something they made? What makes them think they have a right to bitch?

Attached: lerobotasianface.png (875x545, 586K)

They're hyper-protective of their work and don't want anyone 'contaminating' it. It's the same as them being extremely obsessed with copyright. It's just autism.

mods don't usually replace the original content. the only " Big" mod that more or less does that is nexerelin and it adds more than remove stuff.

>smuggling has always been the best way to trade
not if you get at most 10000 creds per trade, which you spend on supplies
god i fucking hate modders

So I've been using a hammerhead since the tutorial and I can't really seem to find 9or at least afford) anything better for the time being while I grind Hegemony rep for an Onslaught. Any tips on what I should get? I'm getting bored of ramming into shit and dumping all my dakka.

The mindset is probably
>I only have fun with combat so everyone else should be combat focused too, fuck trade

What? Can't get over the fact that Cloche and Luca are properly developed characters that have dark sides to them? Besides, if they were as terrible as you say, the game's goal would be completely unattainable.

I never understood the whole autistic lording over a modders work. 'Contaminating' Now it's time to do it just to spite them and make sure to post pictures in their mod thread.

There's no point in posting it in their thread, Alex will just ban you.

They're traitors, that much is indefensible.

But you can make money by trading, you just need to deliver it to a pirate faction, or actually looking at the planets that have a surplus/lack of resources.

is there any downside to having two capital ships in my fleet?

holy kek that's too funny. What's the story behind it?

I fail to see how they're traitors.

According to them, if someone plays with a "modded mod" that say has a waifu on it, and the artist of that waifu sees it, the artist may think that the mod author is stealing his art to put in his mod, and make a huge copyright mess.

God it's fucking annoying because Nexerelin adds a bunch of useful stuff and quality of life improvements.
>WHAT? FIGHTING RANDOM SHIPS FOR NO REASON ISN'T THE BEST WAY TO MAKE MONEY??? FUCK THAT TRADE IS OVERPOWERED I'M GONNA MAKE IT GIVE 0 PROFIT WHATSOEVER

I know that faggot, and in the base game you earn a ton ofm oney by doing that.
Apparently, with this mod on, the difference between "best to buy" prices and "best to sell" prices are, at best, 100 to 200 creds, which is fucking garbage.

Oh yea like some autist on an internet gaming forum is gonna have any money to spend on strong arming the other to do something about it. I thank the makers for giving us modders but holy fuck they can retarded.

>play the game for 5 hours
>alrite, good shit, i'll continue tomorrow
>close the game
>open it up next day
>there's no fucking autosaves
what the FUCK

i thought it was common sense to assume a game has no autosave, or at the very least manually save it before quitting.

>he didn't manually save before quitting
desu

The big rip
Circa 50 billion years into the future.
colorized.

Attached: uhhfug.png (401x141, 7K)

how come nobody told the dumb faggot developing this game that an autosave function is mandatory? hasn't this game been in development for several years now?

Who do I sell survey data to?

Can't do it. I keep stack wiping no matter what composition my fleet is. Or going bankrupt. Played for days and still can't get the hang of it. Is there a good keys anyone would recommend? Maybe if I watch somebody who's good I'll pick something up.

Attached: IMG-20190220-WA0008.jpg (1280x720, 28K)

t. retarded zoomer
iirc it's worthless unless you have nex installed

Did you forget the entire arc about them singing for the terrorists and Luca lying to you and manipulating you for most of the game?