Fastest selling console of all time, beating even the wii

>fastest selling console of all time, beating even the wii
>2+ years in
>literally zero original third party exclusives
>all third party ports from last gen or older
>nintendo's own first party games are filled with jaggies and framerate drops
>they don't even bother to port anything besides obscure NES games
>but muh indies

So is the Switch hardware just that hard to develop for? It boggles my mind that besides the witcher, no publishers are downgrading ports to put on this thing.

Attached: nintendo-switch-neon-redblue-507153.5.jpg (1500x1500, 197K)

I only buy nintendo for zelder and mario

Kind of
The issue is that it uses a fundamentally different core architecture compared to most other systems. It uses ARM architecture for graphics and processing, which requires a ton of different optimization and memory management and multi-threading tricks than a normal console which can just hardware-accelerate through most small issues.
The other big issue is that the Switch support from big engines like UE4 isn't really that great out-of-the-box because it's often pretty bloated for the most part and requires a lot of tuning to get to a place where games perform well.
Hence, why the best looking Switch games tend to be the ones that use their own in-house engine, like Splatoon or MK8D or Bayo2 or Mario Odyssey

The portabilty meme is one hell of a drug. But Nintendo makes as much retarded decisions like the PSVita. I wish the 3DS was upgraded to HD instead and the Switch was a much more powerful home console.

>no publishers are downgrading ports to put on this thing.
they're trying but it's different than downgrading ports for the Wii or Wii U, or even backwards porting games like GTAV to PS3 and 360.
The issue is that it's not even hard to develop for, it's just different.
ARM architecture systems have been around forever but it has usually had dedicated teams since even basic stuff like how you access info off the 16 bus cartridge is sort of specialized knowledge.

>t boggles my mind that besides the witcher, no publishers are downgrading ports to put on this thing.

What about Skyrimjobs

Emulate the exclusives. PC and PS4 are games with good online and worthwhile to own.

That's an Xbox 360 game

The only good PS4 exclusive worth playing can be played on PSNow (which I was genuinely surprised to hear existed)

What are you talking about you stupid fuck?

Amazing how quickly people forget about BotW

>Fastest selling console of all time

This is misleading, it's only the fastest selling in U.S and some European countries

Worldwide, PS4 is selling faster

Attached: ps4q1.jpg (526x300, 27K)

>literally zero original third party exclusives
Mario vs Minions
Golf Story
Fast RMX
Daemon Ex Machina
Astral Chain (technically first party)
Bomberman R, TSA and Octopath were temporarily.
But yes, the amount is oddly low.
>nintendo's own first party games are filled with jaggies and framerate drops
>jaggies
>WAAAHH I WANT AA
>WAAAHH MOVIES DON'T HAVE JAGGIES
>WHY DOESN'T THIS GAME LOOK LIKE A MOVIE WAAAHH
>WAAAHH I WANT FXAA WAAAHH
>frame-rate
Yes, Nintendo has been to lax with performance as of late given that they are typically one of the best on console for targeting 60.

>Amazing how quickly people forget about BotW

A Wii U port?

>posting a twitter screencap of some literally who snoyboy
Yikes
>b-b-but ps4 sold faster in Pakistan!
Lmao

Maybe Nintendo has become super overprotective of their devkits and optimizing games for the Switch is practically guesswork without it.

100 million
cope

Daniel Ahmad is a prestigious sales analyst, he even got banned from Neogaf (Sony fanboy central) for sharing numbers.

You can even look at Nintendo and Sony sales report for the last quarter, the PS4 outsold Switch.

Attached: 45689867645664.jpg (1440x1440, 582K)

Only Nintendo games sell big on Nintendo consoles. It’s basically a law now.
You got Astral Chain and Daemon X Machina coming out soon and those aren’t expected to sell more than 2 million, and Daemon X Machina probably won’t make it to a million. Making a bigger budget title for the Switch is a huge risk.
This isn’t entirely bad since it lets the AA devs in Japan survive after losing all other consoles, but with a market leaning towards AAA titles, the Switch is an outlier.

>he even got banned from Neogaf
no wonder he is a snoyboy if he posts on snoygaf
>You can even look at Nintendo and Sony sales report for the last quarter, the PS4 outsold Switch.
Shipped vs sold Switch actually sold more and will also sell more this year

>100 million kids bought a ps4 for fifa
Congrats

Both Nintendo and Sony report shipped consoles

he got banned for being a pedo

He's a shitposter, ignore him

No online is good if you have to pay for it. Especially not if your CC info gets stolen multiple times.

>You can have both a HandHeld and a console for the price of one.

Whose idea was this?

Nintendo actually reports sales, not shipments

Nice cope lmao

Research more before talking about stuff you have no idea about.

Go back to your fifa kid. Don't forget to do some fortnite dances along the way

Ps4 sold faster to 100mil than wii nbd

*Ahem*
COOOOOOOOOOOOPE

No one gives a shit about Nintendo, people only care about their characters
Nintendo hasn't been a competitor in the gaming industry since the Gamecube came out, all they do is pump out baby's first console and coast on their old IPs

So basically, Nintendo fanboys are soiboy manchild faggots who complain about not being appreciated by other companies/gamers, but when they actually get third party games on the system they don’t buy them?

they also beg for ports as obnoxiously as possible and then don't buy the ones they get.

>but when they actually get third party games on the system they don’t buy them?

Sadly we'll never know, because no one's ever bothered to make a worthwhile third party game on nintendo since what... GameCube? SNES?

Nice try fuckwit, ps is even worse than the switch

Nintendō no suitchi ni wa hidoi gurafikkusu ga ari, gēmu no sentaku wa manzoku dekiru monode wa nai to omoimasu. Pureisutēshon o kōnyū suru tame ni mise ni iku to omoimasu 4.

Attached: 20190511175929_1.jpg (1920x1080, 241K)

They do buy third party games. Indies always sell the best on Switch and games like Octopath Traveler did great on the Switch

>zero original third party exclusives
Durr. Pretty much everything is multiplat nowadays

I'm trying to convince myself that spending $300+ on this mediocre console is worth it but I'm having a really hard time doing that

Indies aren’t really what people mean when they say “third party”, that usually means established non-indie devs. And 100,000 2D platformers get tiring after a while

>>literally zero original third party exclusives
Mario + Rabbids
Mario & Sonic @ Olympics 2020
>So is the Switch hardware just that hard to develop for? It boggles my mind that besides the witcher, no publishers are downgrading ports to put on this thing.
Outside of no directx support, it's not hard to develop for (optimization is another thing though). The thing is that it's not unique enough to get original games like the 3DS did

And Japan

t. retard

The OS alone on the Switch is so awful and has barebones online communications. Oh and it requires a smartphone to talk online. It's dogshit, underpowered, and worse than a portable gaming laptop.

>It uses ARM architecture for graphics and processing
It uses ARM for the CPU. The GPU is Nvidia Maxwell (900 series). It's not fundamentally different than most phones/pcs

>Daniel Ahmad is a prestigious sales analyst, he even got banned from Neogaf (Sony fanboy central) for sharing numbers.
fucking hell

Emulators exist or wait for the "new" Switch i XL SP.

Most first party games run at a stable 60
Smash falls below that in very very rare circumstances.

What’s the last worthwhile 3rd party game?

You tried