Bravo Nintendo, bravo

Attached: file.png (720x309, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

walmart.com/ip/New-Nintendo-3DS-XL-Galaxy-Style/54778031
gamerant.com/nintendo-switch-production-cost/
gamerant.com/nintendo-switch-joy-con-cost-make/
thingiverse.com/thing:3442229
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Where were you two years ago, mister big brains?

Good, I'm glad my switch didn't cost more to come with a charging grip I never use. You know the grips charge when they're latched into the system, right?

>You need to pay 20€ to use any controller you want

Attached: 201111509.jpg (500x500, 40K)

The joycons battery lasts like 2 days, just remember to put them on the switch after you finish playing and you'll never run out of battery mid play.

recently got a Switch

Or just attach them to your system.

>Need to pay €50 to play any game you want
NINTENDO HOW DARE YOU

Attached: electricity-tiles-type-C-200-px.jpg (200x200, 24K)

My Wii U Pro Controller lasts for days before charging
Playing on the PS4 Dualshocks won't last a day and one of the two have be charged when we play
Joy cons have an okayish battery life

Very nice! What game are you playing?

BOTW
Jesus you nintendofags are fucking creepy

Nintendo not including a charger with the 3ds still fucking infuriates me

Joy-cons and pro controllers barely need charging, unless Youre insomniac player that plays 20+h straight, You may need a charging grip, otherwise there is literally no need, as they charge really quickly and batteries last longer than in e.g. Dualshock 4. Also charging grip is one of these things considered more or less 'premium' product that only selected few will buy and these people dont give much fuck about paying that much.

Wait what
Is that true?
That's bullshit if so, I'd be pissed. I'm looking this up right now
Why did so many people buy it if so? I'd be pissed. That's some cucked shit right there

Did the problem fix itself in 2 years? No? Then its still worth mocking.

Fuck, even moreso now. Its been two fucking years.

They did include it on earlier versions of 3ds, the new ones usually don't have those, as Nintendo expected people to own it already, so there was no reason to give another one and they obviously could allow to put the lower price tag on a newer 3ds thanks to that. Also I think there was something about being environment friendly and shit, but not sure. It's a poor reason tho.

What's the problem exactly? No one who wants it, buys it and people that do want it did buy it by now. Playing with detached joycons and your arms just dangling is superior anyways.

>$20 to use an ethernet connection
>$30 to actually charge your joycons while playing
>$15 to use voice chat
>$10 to use the best Smash Bros controller
>$60 to use a standard controller

Attached: 1516232001239.jpg (1200x800, 112K)

Fucking Christ nintoddl*rs are fast to rush at Nintendo's defense
Not even meming you guys are a cult

Attached: file.png (1200x723, 485K)

What? I agree having to spend $30 for what's essentially just plastic and a small battery is retarded. But WHAT THE FUCK is the actual PROBLEM? You do not have to buy that shit and Nintendo will get the message that their idea on it was retarded. Fuck you.

>bargaining for worse options yearly
I don't get you people. I really do not. This is objectively worse than what has been offered by Nintendo and others in the past, and costs more. And you see it as a value. Its incredible really. The industry has capitalized on your passivity and willingness to be milked like the cow you are and it hurts everyone but I can't help but admire the phenomenon a little. Its amazing what they've managed really.

The message they get is "Customers don't buy our overpriced charger? Guess we were right. Nobody needs the charger!"

We all lose. Everything gets a little less convenient (while the total cost still rises).

>have to stop playing to charge your controller
NINTENDO DID NOTHING WRONG DO YOU KNOW HOW EXPENSIVE A BATTERY IS DONT TALK SHIT ABOUT MY TOYS FUCK YOU
thought the basedjak thing was a meme but here we are

Attached: file.png (231x218, 20K)

They last for quite a while by themselves, I personally never encountered a message of them ever being almost out of battery, and you can just take out the console and let them charge attached to the console while playing.

Except nobody needs the fucking charger.

Keep sucking that corporate cock user, you're one of the most valuable costumers!

You think you're anti-corporate, yet your whole argument is that I should give a corporation money for a product I don't want or need. As I said in if including a charging grip added even $1 to my Switch's overall cost I wouldn't want it. You're free to spend 30 eollars on whatever fancy chargers you want.

>Nintendo
>getting the message

The same company that still uses freidn codes and broken online?

The inky message that they get is that their brain dead consumer base is willing to shell out $60 for half baked ports of decades-old games.

Furthermore, I've had a Switch for 2 years and I've never needed a charging grip once. I use a pro controller docked, my joycons only ever leave the console if I need a 2P

It LITERALLY only adds a USBC port with a couple cables going to the joycon charging spots, it's not like it would be anymore than 10c more expensive for Nintendo to use that version as standard.

That being said you'd be beyond retarded to buy a Switch or ever use Joycons instead of the $70 you'll pay for the Pro controller, so you deserve what you get anyway

Even if i grant you that this is an possible outcome of us not buying the joycon charger, what the fuck do you think shitposting on Yea Forums is going to do to change that out come?

>a charger being included in the box is bad
>but basically including a $70 controller with the console's price is a-ok

This little thing is fucking awesome.
Can even use it on the PC, and they've come out with firmware updates for the older ones.

Best 20 bucks I've spent.

Nintendo can literally sell bagged diarrhea and still do well, their fanbase are the biggest shiteaters in this industry

there is a charger in the box, it's the Switch itself

Haha, nice joke Robert! Mind telling me your friend code so we can be friends on switch? I won't shoot you in the dick or anything, haha!

>have to stop playing docked just to charge a controller
Nintendo is a joke.

>he thinks 10 cents over 30+ million units isn't alot lf money
Say good bye to three million dollars right there

the joycons last 20 hours
just put them back on the switch when not in use faggot

Attached: 1563747303114.jpg (960x960, 30K)

Figures a frogposter would be defending this.

>sonygros literally can’t comprehend a controller battery lasting longer than 30 minutes

sad

this is your brain on onions

3 million third world papers is nothing for a huge company

Joycons are garbage anyway. Get a pro controller.

doesn't matter, being able to play while charging has been around for years and it should stay that way
charging the customer for that very basic ability is a bad practice

I'm not paying $70 for a controller that has no d-pad. Even the Joycons' buttons are better because at least they don't register false inputs.

>pay $60+ just to get a decent controller

Blame the UK
It was they’re pants on head retarded low
My US 3DS always came with chargers
I have like 5 of them

>Nintentards will defend this

Attached: file.png (938x525, 236K)

My n3DS didn't.

The consumer's getting charged for it regardless. What the fuck do you think a product is? The alternatives are either a goofy-ass system where each joy-con has its own charging port and can plug in separately or a more expensive charging joy-con grip included in the system and the base price increasing accordingly.

I had originally used the grip when I got it but after a while I found the joycons themselves to be pretty comfortable on their own, obviously they're really fucking thin but at least I can relax my shoulders since my hands aren't forced to a central location

you don't know anything about economics. We were talking about 10c American from the start, and 3 million from a department's bottom line is a very big deal to a company of nintendo's size.

>and the base price increasing
Or they could not, because everything on the Switch is already sold at a premium.

The pro controller has a d-pad.

Attached: switchpro.png (460x460, 116K)

You can find them for 30 if you look. But I'm guessing you need to be spoon fed a deal?

It might as well not have one with how unusably bad it is.

You retards need to remind yourselves that the Switch is a Gameboy that you can plug into your TV.

It is not a console that you can take with you on the go.

or just include the grip in the OP from the get go. the switch and it's accessories are already overpriced, stop talking as if this is necessary

> Expecting Nintendo to take a smaller cut
Now you're talking crazy.

>the Switch is a Gameboy that you can plug into your TV.
Then why do all of its games cost the same as consoles?

When in the everlasting fuck are you gonna play a video game for 20 hours straight?

>, because everything on the Switch is already sold at a premium.
I don't think you know what a premium is.

I like the grip. I have the charging grip with with my second pair of joycons in it. It allows me to have a TV controller separate from my regular and it means I always have 4 controllers So $400 covers a complete Switch set up for friends

>Can even use it on the PC
The difference is that your PC will work with literally anything while the switch behaves like a fucking sissy faggot and only takes specific sticks up her ass.

>buying shitty third party controllers
>buying used controllers

Well it sucks to be you Brit bong

Wait, really? I thought the grip that came with the console was already a charger, how do you charge the joycons if you only buy the console?

Attached: 1472199356097.png (314x278, 129K)

Didn't they fix the D-pad on the newer models? It is admittedly pretty bad on the older ones.

When batteries never last as long as they do when you first buy them.

I know exactly what it is. You're paying for the Nintendo logo; nothing they sell for that console is worth half as much as they charge.

Inflation.
>but muh snoy/xbone games are also 60
More microtransactions, ingame ads, higher subscription costs etc.

Console games haven't been $60 for about a decade now.

as I said, it doesn't matter. I don't want to be reminded to charge them every time I quit playing because Nintendo couldn't be bothered to include it

If the manufac

>the fact that you can find cheaper online means it's okay

Imagine ever using anything but a pro controller

They’re 50$ where I am

Wrong

the joycons charge when they are latched into the console ie handheld mode. It works great and I've never needed to charge them independently once in 2 years.

> while the switch behaves like a fucking sissy faggot and only takes specific sticks up her ass.

Oh thank fuck it's not just me.

I was trying controllers for the Switch and the thing would act up everytime. Is there a list of controllers that do work with Switch?

I have an American 3DS.
>The AC adapter is sold separately and this portable gaming system uses the same one as Nintendo DSi, Nintendo 3DS and 2DS.
walmart.com/ip/New-Nintendo-3DS-XL-Galaxy-Style/54778031

Brand new oem Nintendo friend. I'm sorry you lack the ability to use the internet to search for the lowest price. I hope that changes for you.

>More microtransactions, ingame ads
Nintendo has those too.
>high subscription costs
Nintendo doesn't offer anything worthwhile for the money they ask for.

>Walmart
Not only do you have to pay separately for a charger, but there's also a fun minigame where you have to dodge bullets on your way to checkout.

No. I have a shitty $5 bluetooth stick and it works perfectly on my PC. When I wanted to use a normal fucking controller on my switch and jammed that cheap piece of shit in that switch gave me the middle finger, the fucking $20 8bitdo thing works perfectly fine.

Just put them on the fucking console you retard.
Is that so hard you dick sucking faggot?

What the shit? I was going to buy a switch and only play it docked, will I have to stop playing to charge every few hours? I can play it docked while they're charging?

Attached: 1556561513802.jpg (766x720, 71K)

Separate joycons > Pro Controller > 8bitdo stuff > joycons in the grip

Separate is comfy as fuck

You put them on the system when you aren't using it.
You know, like when you're asleep?

Both of my New 2DS XLs came with chargers

Sounds like a huge design flaw to me

The charge lasts forever, I go like a week without putting them on the dock before even getting a low battery prompt

Nuh uh.

>Nintendo has those too.
Yes but less.

>Nintendo doesn't offer anything worthwhile for the money they ask for.
Neither do the other guys. Unless paying $10/mo for 12 year olds to call you racial slurs is your specific fetish.

Yes easily

>being a SOnY cuck
>need to charge your shitty vibrating controllers every 3 hours
>legit paying for ps4 pro, just so you can eek out an extra 5fps and get to see your horse's ball hairs in 4k
>have to pay $100s in order to have enough hard drive storage to have more than 5 games installed at once
>have your credit card info stolen and your identity stolen since you have to use SOnY's insecure servers to play online
loving every laugh

Attached: SoySoldier.jpg (1243x650, 271K)

None of the new 3DSes came with one.

I'm the consumer, defending them dropping a standard because I'm supposed to make life easier for corporations is fucking low. you don't get to question me how I operate a product I bought. it's my right to be lazy or forgetful because I paid for an overpriced product

>nothing they sell for that console is worth half as much as they charge
user, manufacturing costs for the system not including controllers come to about 250.
If I remember right either single or dual joycons are also sold at a loss.

You have no idea what you're talking about because there's currently only one system and controller currently being sold at a premium.

sound more like the world's most retarded "nitpick" to me.

>Nintendo fucks you a little less in the ass than the competitors therefore it's okay
>The other guys are worse therefore it's okay
Legitimately thought that Nintendo basedboys were a meme

>Sony
>therefore the argument is wrong
I don't even own a Sony console, I recently got a Switch tho

Attached: file.png (708x800, 136K)

>will I have to stop playing to charge every few hours?
They're joycons, not a dualshock 4.

>wojak pooster
>not a snoyfag
You already outed yourself, retard.
Too late now.

>Yes but less.
But they're still there. Still no excuse for selling a literal Game Boy game for a full $60.
>Neither do the other guys.
I'd rather pay the $8 for a full game a couple months out of the year than $20 dripfeed of the most bottom-of-the-barrel NES games and shit p2p connections on a console with no ethernet port.

>S-SONY!!
>ahah rest well toy megacorporation, I've defended you once more

Literally every consumer electronic has this “design flaw”
Unless you can figure out how to remake Telsa’s wireless electricity and not have it be loud as fuck I’m not interested

>manufacturing costs for the system not including controllers come to about 250.
Proof? Either way, console manufacturing does not excuse a USB passthrough selling for $20.

>I'd rather pay the $8 for a shovelware a couple months out of the year
FTFY

Not at all, I like playing for hours, and having to stop playing because the battery is low would completely destroy my experience, when I'm playing on my PS4 I can at least play while it's charging.
They should at least allow you to play while they're charging, making you stop from playing a game just to charge is a huge flaw.

they expected people who bought a 3DS to have owned a 3DS already?

>Proof?
gamerant.com/nintendo-switch-production-cost/
>Thanks to a new report from Japanese firm Fomalhaut, we now know that the manufacturing cost for the Nintendo Switch is roughly $257

Yes. A high percentage of Nintendo handheld owners buy the mid gen upgrades. They want to be able to enjoy their 240p games on a slightly bigger screen.

You okay, user?

>and having to stop playing because the battery is low would completely destroy my experience
Unless you're neglecting sleep you will never run into that issue because they last for 20 hours on a full charge. Even then you could just undock

So undock the fucking switch. I'm the pro controller poster. but if you aren't going to buy one of those then fuck off with your retardation.

Hit the post timer on one that I closed but I lost my train of thought anyway.

Still, I want to be 100% sure I'll never have to stop playing just to charge.
I don't want to be forced to undock it, I want to play it on my monitor.
Sounds to me as if they're forcing me to buy the pro controller or the charger shit.

Yeah, especially pro controllers, I play for ours and but they are far from need charges

Oh and here's the joycons
gamerant.com/nintendo-switch-joy-con-cost-make/

It doesn't matter if they fixed it, I just want to shitpost

Then shitpost about something that hasn't been fixed like the ds4.

>>Nintendo fucks you a little less in the ass than the competitors therefore it's okay
>>The other guys are worse therefore it's okay
>Legitimately thought that Nintendo basedboys were a meme

I'm not saying it's okay, I'm just pointing out inflation where I see it. You spend $60-70 on the average GameboySwitch game and $80-100 on the average PS4/XBone game. Not unlike when you'd spend $60-65 on an X360/PS3 game and $40-50 on a DS game.

I can assure you that you will never have to stop playing to charge them as long as you remember to dock your joycons. Also, you should really look into a pro controller unless you have smaller hands and the joycons feel ok for you, for me it's a night and day difference

falseflag
>every arguments against overlord Nintendo comes from Sonyfags
cope

FUCK NO THIS IS NINTENDOGAF AND I HATE NINTEAVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

>tfw using an Xbone controller on the Switch
>tfw using a Switch Pro Controller on the PC

That dongle truly is a banger

>Not getting a pro controller or a 3rd party equivalent.

Your fault op.

False, my 3DS came with a charger.

So you are this desperate to do everything possibler so this "problem" might occur once every few years?

My Joycon batteries only last one day.

>every arguments against overlord Nintendo comes from Sonyfags
Who said that? The ds4 literally hasn't been fixed you idiot.

>Let you play while charging
But it does
The switch itself is the charger

Joycons by themselves are okay, but if you have access to a 3D printer something like these comfort grips really put them over the top:
thingiverse.com/thing:3442229

I don't want to spend extra money because of a clear design flaw
I like stability when I'm playing, I want to simply plug in a cable and keep playing whenever the battery is low like I've been doing since the PS3
Not when docked apparently, I hate playing handhelds, I want to play it on my monitor only

It takes less than 2 hours to charge for 20 hours of play time.

You don’t eat, sleep, piss or see your good friend the fucking sun for at least 2 hours?

Then get a wired controller
No batteries no problem

>I want to
>I want to
So you don't have to at all, it's just your specific personal preference.

Man, you just have to put the controllers back in the dock when you aren't using them. Don't leave your shit laying around your house like a lazy asshole and you're gold.

Unless they're active the entire day, it sounds defective. One of my joycons couldn't hold a charge, had to get it replaced.

Are the joycons like sewed to your hands or something? just put the back on the dock when not in use.

OP is being autistic. Yeah, it sucks that you can't charge them with the grip, but it's not that much of a big deal because joycons last 20 hours, just put them on the console to charge

Again, it's still not 100% sure it will always be charged.
That's what I want the most, I hate wireless controllers, but I also don't want to spend extra money just because of a design flaw made by them
Obviously, I'm not going to die if I don't buy a Switch, but I really wanted to.

holy shit you are a fucking moron. if you dock you controller after you finish playing, your joycons will always remain charged for your next play session. what part of this isn't getting through your incredibly dense skull?

But joycons are super comfy though, the quality just sucks and they tend to break

But what if it runs out of battery in the middle of the game? I'll have to stop playing just to charge, I like stability, I don't want to rely on luck

stop pretending like the battery won't get worse at time goes on

Save your money and don't even buy the switch then. Let your dollar speak if you feel so strongly about it.

>luck
the amount of charge isn't random, retard.

what was hard to understand in the part about docking your controller after finishing a play session

That's what I'm considering now, I was really excited about getting a Switch but now I'm considering saving my money.
If you're not 100% sure you'll never run out of battery in the middle of a game then you're relying on luck
But what if does run out of battery? I need to be able to play while it's charging, which I won't be.

Just put the joycon on the charger before going to bed.
Works 100 percent of the time, retard

the battery wont run out if you get into the habit of putting it on charge when not in use. or do you plan on playing a whole day at a time

i'm starting to think maybe you're too stupid to own a switch. perhaps consider spending your money elsewhere

>If you're not 100% sure you'll never run out of battery in the middle of a game then you're relying on luck
I'm 100% sure if the battery has 20 hours of charge on it, it won't run out halfway through a game unless I'm buckling down for a gaming session of 20+ hours, barring hardware failures or diminishing battery capacity.
Honestly, I don't know why you'd want to play long-term on the joy-cons in the first place. Pro controller is generally more comfortable for long-term play, despite a shitty d-pad.

I doubt any joycons from launch still last 20 hours.

>only having the one pair
Don't you have any friends hat visit user?
I'm on 4 pairs atm as well as 4 game cube controllers.
The joy cons are cute so i don't mind owning loads.

If your switch is docked, and you latch them back on, it is 100% guaranteed they will be charged unless your power went out or it's only been half an hour or something like that. You dont even have to stop playing altogether. If you switch to handheld I am pretty sure it still charges up your joycon at least to a point.

Definitely not. Lithium-ion batteries degrade with time, even when not being used.
Personally, I really miss the days of wired controllers. Wireless is much more of a pain in the ass than is warranted, in my opinion. Controller extension cords are dirt cheap, fucking with batteries is not ideal, and corded controllers are way cheaper, not to mention that a console controller from 15 years ago still works today without having to replace a battery or deal with a finicky USB line that easily pops out of the controller, like with the Dualshock 3. Wireless controllers are only really superior for games that make use of gyroscope.

At least Lithium-ion batteries are environmentally pretty green, compared to a lot of other battery technologies (the heaviest impact is the impact caused by mining Lithium; disposed and recycled Lithium causes little to no impact).

Playing in handheld charges them, yes. You'll obviously get a worse battery life out of the console. The console has a 4310 mAh battery and each joy con has a 525 mAh battery. A liberal estimate assuming fully empty batteries (Li-ion battery firmware doesn't actually allow full discharge, so this overestimates the impact) would reduce your playing battery life to 75.6% of what it would be with fully-charged joycons. Switch battery life is 2.5-6.5 hours, so this would reduce it to 1.9-4.9 hours.

Good to know
Of course at that point you can just dock it again since your joycon are charged.

Not that this guys is looking for solutions.

Does this actually work for the switch?

I don’t think you’re understanding the huge problem here, I don’t want to have even the slightest chance of needing to stop playing to charge, I want to bee 100% that if it runs out I’ll be able to keep playing while it’s charging.

pro controller is useless, joycons are fine

There are so many solutions to your "problem" that you look like an idiot.
1) Dock your joycons when not in use. As a relative normie, I can get 3 play sessions out of my joycons before they need to be recharged.
2) If you're absolutely desperate to continue play, slap those things on the Switch and play in handheld mode. I've beaten several games in handheld mode, it's fine.
3) Buy a Pro Controller, it seems like your extremely high levels of autism would necessitate owning one of these anyway. Now you can play and charge while docked and while your joycons are charging.
4) Buy 3rd-party wired for the same reasons as a Pro Controller, but cheaper.
5) It's idiotic, but you can buy a charging grip for your special, no compromises use case

Man, I don't know what to tell you. You can play in handheld mode with the system plugged in, or buy a different controller. If you don't like it, don't buy it, that is the basic function of a market economy.

So in the end I’ll need to spend extra money just to play the way I want because of a design flaw

How do you want to play?

Joycons are one the worst controllers ive ever used it definitely isnt "fine".

Always docked with no risk of ever running out of battery because I’ll be able to play while the controller is charging.

EU law prevents them from including non-USB chargers with the console

Yes. A product isn't a guarantee that you get to do everything exactly the way you want. It's a product. You decide if it's worth the money and fits your needs for the price point, and that's it.
What you call a "design flaw" isn't actually a flaw, because that would imply that it's a mistake. It's a design decision that you don't like. I don't like that the system isn't open and doesn't let users to install homebrew on it at their will. Just because I don't like it and think it's shitty doesn't make it a "flaw".

It is an intentional flaw to make you buy the pro controller or the charging grip, this could’ve been easily fixed by making the grip that comes with the console a charging grip by default.

Either fucking put the joy cons on the switch to charge them while you're asleep or use any of the solutions before. Not every system package bundle is made for everyone without them having to spend some additional money and you're being extremely pesky with not thinking 20 hours of battery life being enough. I doubt you've ever been awake for 20 consecutive hours in your life. I personally have a wireless headset that lasts me a full day, I don't have to ever care about it, because if I put it away, on its dock, it'll charge and be ready when I want to use it.

exactly why cucks who love over regulation are retarded. companies always just find ways to get around stupid laws, in this case companies don't bother to include non usb chargers.

Incorrect. This is only a ruling for mobile phones.

apple can still bypass that law by selling their charger separately.

In fact it's not even about chargers, it's about the charging port and protocol of mobile phones.

What you're describing is a niche use-case. You're describing it like it is an obvious use, but the fact of the matter is that very few people actually care about playing the switch specifically with the joy-con in a grip that is plugged in. So few people already play with their Pro controllers plugged in, most just plug them in when they're not being used.
If you don't like it, don't buy it. You can complain about it, but it's not as fundamental as you think, and that's coming from a person who hates wireless peripherals in general.

false, 2DS XL comes with charger when 3DS XL doesn't

Isn't the switch pro natively compatible just using any generic bt dongle? I swear ive used it before

No, its all electronic devices. The intent is to cut down on plastic waste, as lots of products come with chargers the user ultimately doesn't use that wind up in landfills.

Please tell me how to enable vibration with DS4 on switch. Red switch mode has no vibration while purple switch pro mode vibrates all the time nonstop.

iPhones come with a charger here. It's a generic USB charger anyways, it's just the cable.
>all electronic devices
There's many electronic devices that can't get powered by USB, stop being a retard about these things that aren't even relevant to the discussion, for fucks sake.

Still doesn’t sound right to me that they would force you to stop playing just to charge unless you buy an extra peripheral that should come with the console by default.

That's because it's not right. You can use handheld mode and plug the system in.

Nigger. It lasts 20 hours. You mentally can't even be focussed on one thing for longer than 7 seconds.

Some people hate playing handhelds
Still not forever like if you could play while it’s charging

>There's many electronic devices that can't get powered by USB
And? This has nothing to do with what I posted. They just have to sell the chargers separately, which is what Nintendo, Apple etc. do

You can't physically play forever, dipshit. There will be a point your fat ass will get a heart attack when your controller can charge because you're on your way towards the hospital into financial depth.
They can sell the chargers separately but the systems still come with a charger, so what the fuck was the point you were trying to make?

>Some people hate playing handhelds
Then don't buy a handheld.

>but the systems still come with a charger
no, they dont

thats the whole fucking point of the law

The Nintendo Switch comes with a charger in Europe. The iPhone comes with a charger in Europe. My electric shaver comes with a charger, which by the way isn't sold separately, here in Europe.
See

Even if I don't play forever I need to be sure that it will never run out of battery, else I can't play comfortably because I'll always be worried that some time I'll have to stop playing to charge.
I want it to be a regular console, not a handheld.

>shipping to eastern yurop costs more than the thing itself
I really want it but can't justify buying it

Attached: mrpy1ps.gif (500x280, 3.81M)

You're literally admitting you have a mental problem, you autist.

>I want it to be a regular console, not a handheld.
Then buy a regular console or a peripheral that allows you to use it as a regular console. It's not like not being able to play wired on a Nintendo console is new. You couldn't do that with the Wii, remember? The things included with the Wii didn't allow you to play with a perpetually-wired controller, it was a Wii remote and some batteries.

then how come I bought a 3ds and it had one, retard
stop getting your news from Yea Forums

yes
its fucking fantastic
it even has working gyro if you use the PS4 Controller gyro

Purple has Vibrations and Gyro functionality

>I want it to be a regular console, not a handheld.
The Switch is a handheld. Plugging it in to the TV is just an added benefit. People really need to stop calling it a home console or a hybrid console or whatever. It's not. It's a handheld with a TV dock. Which is exactly what I wanted.

Yes but on purple my DS4 never stops vibrating.

So has Nintendo found a permanent fix to the drift issues when you send it in or is it only temporary? I ask because one of mine has begun to drift.

i dont know about you then, Its been working fine for me
Probably a bug or something

Handheld quality at console price.

If it is that's a new feature, when I looked into it about a year ago the only way to get full functionality out of the Switch Pro controller was to plug it in with USB-C and use Steams big picture controller configurations.

Didn't they release an update for this exact issue?

I just want stability while I'm playing.
I had a Wii and I didn't mind buying new batteries every now and then because I would always have a stock of those so that I would never need to stop playing, in this case I'll have to stop playing if it runs out of battery, it's a completely different scenario.

Steam lets you use it wirelessly now.

Again, inflation. Switch is priced $300, comparable to the non-Pro PS4 and Xbones. You could say those are also handheld quality at a console price, except you can't even play them handheld.

Meanwhile the real consoles, PS4Pro and XOX, are significantly more expensive than what you're calling "console price".

>I just want stability while I'm playing.
Every other poster in this thread considers their Switch to be "stable". Literally everyone except for you.

>stability
Literally means nothing except from that you're a special snowflake. In the time you made this thread you could have earned enough to buy three of these charge grips if you weren't such a NEET. You can try begging for your mom's credit card instead and your sperging problem would be over.

>Buying an extra accessory is out of the question

>But spending several times as much on AA batteries was perfectly fine

Fucking moron

Having the chance of running out of battery and needing to stop playing unless you buy a peripheral doesn't sound like stability to me, literally the only console that requires that.
I didn't make this thread.

If you're too lazy/forgetful to put the controllers back on the console after 20 combined hours, you deserve to have to pay for a chargeable controller. And this isn't me saying, "Nintendo shouldn't have added them for free" or "There's no reason to have a chargable controller". This is me saying that "You deserve to have to pay more for being this much of a dumb dumb"

By OP's logic Nintendo should have included a 50-pack of AA batteries inside of every Wii box

>Having the chance of running out of AA batteries and needing to stop playing unless you buy a peripheral doesn't sound like stability to me, literally the only console that requires that.

Why was it fine for the Wii buy not fine here? You absolutely spent more on AA batteries than you would be spending if you just bought the fucking grip.

You're a hypocrite.

>I'm fine with buying AA batteries for $50 a year
>But I'm not fine with buying a $30 charging grip
This is how retarded you sound.

>Having the chance of running out of battery and needing to stop playing unless you buy a peripheral doesn't sound like stability to me

...well it sounds like stability to literally everyone in the world except for you.

The chance you're describing is less than 1/10th of 1%. If it happens to you, it is not due to "luck" as you've said earlier. It is due to your own neglect.

Several anons have taken time out of their day to explain all of this to you.

It's not a design flaw. Nintendo has never advertised anywhere that the Switch should be used for a 20+ hour uninterrupted gaming session. In fact every time you boot the Switch up it gives you a message saying you shouldn't play for too long uninterrupted.

Long story short: if you want to have a 20+ hour uninterrupted session, you're going to need a peripheral. I recommend the pro controller, because it's a big upgrade from the joycons anyway.

Yes and I saw the changelog but it still happens for me on the latest fw version. Tried to email them but received no response.

>I had a Wii and I didn't mind buying new batteries every now and then because I would always have a stock of those so that I would never need to stop playing, in this case I'll have to stop playing if it runs out of battery, it's a completely different scenario.
Motherfucker, you're arguing that you shouldn't need to buy an extra accessory to keep playing uninterrupted, but in the same breath justify having to buy tons of extra accessories (batteries) in order to keep playing uninterrupted. You're now bending your own logic to continue justifying this. You would have been better off saying something like "yes, and it was bullshit when they did that with the Wii too" or something.

buy the grip in aliexpress like i did when i bought new joycons $1

yeah man fuck the consumer, based corporation!

Nobody is saying that at all. Nintendo being shady and shitty doesn't stop you from being a lazy retard, though.

>wanting to have the ability to charge while playing makes you a lazy retard

No, draining a 20-hour battery life because you didn't charge between multiple play sessions does, though.

>uncomfortable joycon grip
while the pro controller is superior, do people actually think this?
i think it feels really good

so what, I paid for a product and I want to do whatever I want with it. fuck your arbitrary standard
also
>20h
fucking lmao, mine barely last 5-6h after 1,5 years of use

>have 10 hour play session of BOTW
>console still says the joycons have near full charge
Fucking magic.

this was posted suspiciously quicky after

I remember doing this when I first got the Switch. It was incredible how long they could go without being docked.

>so what, I paid for a product and I want to do whatever I want with it. fuck your arbitrary standard
Woah, you've got that backward. That's not how a market economy works. You don't buy a product and then demand that it function in ways that it doesn't. If you've done that, you've already lost the ability to vote with your wallet.
You buy a product based on whether it fits your needs and is worth the money. You'd have to be a complete idiot to buy something that doesn't do what you want it to do and then demand that it start being something it isn't after you've already purchased it. Whether or not this is a legitimate problem is completely separate from your fucked up ideas of economics.

So what about those PS4 controllers that need to be tethered to the console once the battery drains after four hours?

yeah I know how these things work you idiot, I'm not talking about that. I'm saying it's a scummy practice and people are faggot drones for defending it. I didn't buy my switch full price and I never would, my games are also borrowed from my brother

> Here's your new controller.

Attached: 41aV6wQdNgL._AC_SY400_.jpg (457x361, 16K)

Scummy practice is selling any computing device that is locked down and doesn't allow the user to install their own software to it. This is way more important than "I can charge my wireless peripheral while using it when the system is docked", but everybody has been ignoring this shit for everything except mobile phones for a long time.

I know, I'm just sticking to the topic of the thread

Difference being that with the Wii there was no solution, the controllers worked like that and you have to deal with it, with the Switch the solution would be simple if they just made the charging grip the default instead of forcing you to buy it separately.
That's still not stability, I'll need to buy a peripheral just to simply play it.

Where can I buy this, and does it work with fightsticks? I got some shit on the Switch I'd love to buy, but not without PS4/PS3/PC stick support.

>That's still not stability, I'll need to buy a peripheral just to simply play it.

No, wrong. You need to buy a peripheral just to play it for 20+hours uninterrupted.

If you want to play it for 10-15 hours uninterrupted, it'll work fine right out of the box. Even though the startup screen tells you to play less than that.

Does it support only one controller per adapter like the 8BitDo one?

Are you that same dork from Neogaf that posted this same thread?

>doesn't detect wireless 360 controllers, the most popular controller on the market

Attached: 1363893796876.jpg (321x240, 24K)

Wash your sweaty hands before using it
Clean it with that keyboard spray

It should. It supports Direct Input, which is what the X360 controllers use.

Time to mock the sega genesis and ps3

you can just the pro controller with bluetooth though. Steam even officially supports it now and allows a lot of customization. Did you know that the home menu button can actually glow?

>I can't help but admire the phenomenon a little. Its amazing what they've managed really.
That's how i feel about the jews, Devious creatures.

It was definitely never fixed. I have one I bought at launch and finally got fed up enough to buy the new one everyone claimed "fixed" the d-pad about 3 weeks ago.

It's just as bad.

Did you forget to take your meds today? I would say just buy more controllers so you are prepped for multiplayer, but there is no way you have more than one friend who puts up with this bs.

Do you plan on wearong diapers, sleeping, and eating all your meals while you play switch as well?? If you charge them when you are not playing there is no risk at all. Everyone who owns the system has already told you this.

It's a non issue because anyone who was planning on playing extended periods probably loves the switch and doesnt mind getting a pro controller, etc.

It only mentions wired 360 controllers on their amazon page so that's what I'm going by.

Attached: mfa.jpg (1539x595, 87K)

Why not do the manual fix? You're willing to buy a new one before trying to pop yours open and use some scotch tape?

It was Amazon and I was just gonna put the old one in the box and return it.

Switch comes with a charger because it meets the standard set by the EU. As did the Vita.

>have to pay $100s in order to have enough hard drive storage to have more than 5 games installed at once
sony gives you 1tb of storage out of the box now, while nintendo makes you buy a microsd card in order to store more than three games.

the joycons are the shittiest controllers ever made.

sadly yes

What if one were to connect a 360/xbone PC dongle to the nsmagic? Besides looking ridiculous, would it work?

>it's been bad for years lol who cares loser

Sony forces you to install every 50-100+GB game on your HDD to even play it

Switch games run off the carts, no install necessary

>Switch games run off the carts, no install necessary
why are you lying? there are plenty of physical switch games that require downloads.

ds4

>WOW based Snoy includes hardware that is necessary for games to function!

You don't need a microSD card to play switch games because they don't mandate you install every single one

>Yeah, well, some third-parties do that with a tiny, tiny handful of their games because they were too fucking cheap to use higher-capacity carts! So who CARES that Snoi literally forces you to do it with every single game!

Sounds like its literally everyone but Nintendo that is the problem.

>Nintendo offers higher capacity carts so games don't need additional downloads
>Third parties choose to not use them because they're fucking Jews

>WOW FUCK NINTENDO

This is your brain on Snoi.

>that picture
Design over function is always bad

>Third parties choose to not use the available bigger cartridges because it would be more expensive, and instead choose to pass that cost onto the consumer, requiring they purchase the extra storage themselves

>This is somehow Nintendo's fault

Attached: 4e2d838beddc6c698b002c8b.jpg (367x332, 22K)

nintendo didn't even offer the higher-capacity carts for the first year or so, AND i'm pretty sure they charge way more for them so they can nickel-and-dime third parties as much as possible.

>i'm pretty sure they charge way more for them so they can nickel-and-dime third parties as much as possible
This is how we all know you're underage. Discs are way cheaper to produce and buy. No shit the carts cost a lot more.

It does apparently according to reviews, which makes sense. Shame those 360 wireless adapters are so shoddy. I've had 3 burn out in a year it's hard to justify buying another.

>You need to pay $300 for the console and then $10 to play every single game by using an RCM switch to put cfw on it