Name a single more overrated game

Name a single more overrated game
Or even a single more overrated product of anything in the entire world

I dare you

Attached: Shit.jpg (1280x720, 123K)

That was easy

Attached: 1546848286684.jpg (800x800, 142K)

Breath of the Wild
Next question?

?
It's a much better game than Dark Souls 1 in almost every way. In fact, in literally every way except variety of equipment and world design.

tw3

Final Fantasy VI.

>overrated

Meaningless buzzword used by retards too limp-dick to call a game bad so they settle with "too many people like it". Even more embarrassing in your case since this is fucking Dark Souls, for fucks sake there's a character in game that's just T-posing and a level you need sunglasses for.

>It's better than shit so it's good

It's really good. I can't think of another game this gen that comes close to it for the full package.

>It's really good.

Attached: 1pq988.jpg (749x743, 66K)

Attached: 1534888510074.jpg (703x1025, 120K)

Fpbp

>still no defence

Are you okay?

>except world design and weapon variety
That’s 90% of the game lmao

?
Weapons design, level design, combat, enemy design, boss design, music, atmosphere, narrative, game balance, etc, are all better in BB.

annnnnd done.

Attached: 8621DC71-8509-4B82-ADB5-D1A302B1BB5F.jpg (1000x1000, 422K)

Attached: 374847262837.jpg (2560x1920, 1.72M)

>weapon design
The guns were all shit, among the rest only five or so were any good
>level design
Yeah the forever-locked door in the cathedral ward and the forever-locked hatch in Byrgenwurth were peak level design
>boss design
DLC aside, they were all shit and don’t get me started on the chalice bosses
>music
DS1 was way better
>atmosphere
Meme criteria
>narrative
Lol

GTA series

N

Attached: skub.jpg (200x142, 4K)

based nigga

I mean, depends on how you define overrated.

By society at large? Would probably be Fortnite

By the minority of people known as Yea Forumsirgins?
Probably psychonauts, which actually became a totally unfun garbage slog of a game about 50% of the way through.

Attached: 1487818112552.jpg (400x400, 81K)

Adding a charged attack to the a total 10 weapons in which only 1 you'd really use is good weapon design. sure. Level design isn't better at all, its been the same kind of locked door, go around to open from the back type of shit every since demons souls, it just looks prettier. The combat is too easy and less varied, but that could just be me. enemy and boss design mostly look like rotting ham sandwiches thrown in tar. Bosses mostly just have much more health. Fights felt almost as tedious as midir. Music, sounds good, but better? That's highly debateable. Atmosphere is probably the best in the whole series, ill give you that. Narrative? what fucking narrative. Not at all, shouldn't even have to tell you why. And game balance... Only because the enemies and bosses were so similar and indistinguishable that it felt balanced.

fuck you
Final Fantasy 7, Ocarina of Time, Fallout 3, Metal Gear Solid 3, Megaman X, Pokemon Black & White, The Last of Us, all the Mass Effect games, all the Dragon Quest games, all the Uncharted games and Spelunky.

>Yea Forums's Neutral Milk Hotel is to Yea Forums's Dark Souls, is to Yea Forums's Nichijou, is to /ck/'s pasta Carbonara, is to Yea Forums's giga puddi, is to /k/'s Garant, is to Yea Forums's Steph Curry, is to Yea Forums's Fight Club

Great. Not perfect. Not as bad as some try to convince you. Not as good as some try to convince you.

Attached: received_986386384730654.jpg (604x451, 17K)

Attached: 1562378098932.jpg (558x845, 215K)

any Zelda game released this decade

Attached: kleiner evolution.gif (197x198, 262K)

>The guns were all shit, among the rest only five or so were any good
Wrong. The weapons had better moves overall, and the instant stance swap incentivized you to use both stances in Dark Souls 1 you just spam R1 in one stance for every weapon. In BB you use it least typically 3 moves for each stance (R1, changed r2, trick).
>Yeah the forever-locked door in the cathedral ward and the forever-locked hatch in Byrgenwurth were peak level design
Shits all over stuff like Izalith, Crystal Caves, Great Hollow, Valley of the Drakes, Ash Lake, Demon Ruins, Lower Undead Burg, etc. It's not perfect, no, but it's a lot better.
>DLC aside, they were all shit and don’t get me started on the chalice bosses
No reasons given of course. They're much better than DS1 bosses, that died in seconds, had less moves, no phases, and no mechanics. Even shit like Artorias would be considered a sup-par boss in BB, on the level of something like Logarius, but Logarius is actually much more complex: you can parry and BS him, he has 3 phases, etc.
>DS1 music was way better
No it's not. It's terrible soft instrument and midi music. There's nothing worse for an german operatic score thenfake digital instruments played on a midi controller. It's cheap-sounding, loses all dynamic range, etc. I love hearing cello and violin with no virbato. You just outed yourself for not playing instruments or understanding music.
>Meme criteria
"No." Atmosphere is part of why people love these games. You don't get to handwave it.
>narrative, lol
Again, just because something doesn't matter to you doesn't mean you can handwave it. BB is a complete package that feels cohesive and actually finished while Dark Souls 1 is just this vague mess made worse by consequent games.
You can see most of above to counter your points.
And Dark Souls 1 had less enemies my man. The balance has nothing to do with enemies anyways: it's dumb mechanics like poise, BSing, etc.

>muh Gameqube

I've never seen such a massive amount of COPE.

Mother 3.

To continue, the combat is more varied. Dark Souls punishes you for pressing anything beside R1. BB has more and better moves and no stun-locking, so it actually encourages and rewards move selection. Moves are also better quality overall.

>refute every point.
>dude COPE.
is this SEETHE your concession? I would give up too if I had my ass handed to me and had no counter arguments.

You forgot a I

Do people genuinely think the camera is good when it spazzes out and jitters constantly especially in tight quarters (where much of the game is)?

Do people genuinely think that two foot wide hallways where you can't even swing your weapon with slow ass rolls and the game just throwing dozens of braindead grunt enemies at you is enjoyable combat?

Do people genuinely think that having the blacksmiths/merchants all selling specific things and having to remember the exact convoluted path to get to them and running across the world every time to do so is enjoyable? Do you think that getting multiple keys and constantly backtracking to see what they go to is enjoyable?

Do people genuinely think that a slow, clunky roll that isnt actually for moving out of the way but literally basically just a one-dimensional "no damage" button that you press the instant before you get hit (instead of moving out of the way) is good game design?

Do people genuinely think that throwing a half dozen boss-like enemies with massive fucking health pools that you can't even dent unless you hacked away for 20 minutes straight scattered among grunt enemies (many of which look similarly as strong) within the first hour of gameplay alone to be good game design?

Do people genuinely think a stamina system where you can only attack a few times before walking back and just standing there doing nothing is a fun or engaging combat system?

Do people genuinely think Priscilla, Capra Demon, Taurus Demon, Pinwheel, Seath, Ceaseless Discharge, and Bed of Chaos are well designed boss fights?

Do people genuinely think it's acceptable to recycle an identical boss three times?

Do people genuinely think curse is a good mechanic?

Do people genuinely think that vital mechanics like lordvessel, upgrading estus, pardoning, and kindling bonfires are well explained?

Do people genuinely think that masses of braindead grunts, Bonewheel Skeletons, Stray Demons, Anor Londo Archers or Drakes are good enemy design?

>BB has better moves and no stun-locking
there absolutely is stunlock in the game. For most bosses, I just popped a beast pellet and spammed R1 with the kirkhammer/beast claws. Worked on literally every boss. Hell Ebrietas even stopped attacking me halfway through lol.

There are no R1 stunlocks. Try it on any NPC or in PvP and see how well it stunlocks.
Please know what the thing is you're talking about before talking about it, it saves us both trouble.

this

Based retard.

last of us

bsn test

Maria can be stunlocked. For bigger bosses, Ebrietas is the only one I’ve pulled it off on, maybe her AI is busted.

OoT or BoTW.

You don't know what you're talking about. An enemy's AI might shit the bed and let you bonk them over and over, but that's not a stunlock. Weapon in BB have very low hit-stun so you can't really combo like you can in Dark Souls 1 by smashing R1.

The trick weapons are easily one of the game's greatest strengths, nearly every weapon feels and looks completely different. Much better than having a ton of weapons being the same with slightly different stats and a slightly differing moveset. I was actually excited to try all of the different weapons, unlike Souls games where I only tried other builds out of boredom.
The level design at least matches peak Souls level design, but it maintains that level of quality for much longer than any of the Souls games do. Dark Souls does have more surprising shortcuts and interconnectivity, I'll give it that.
Honestly, I think the bosses have the opposite problem. I really didn't find them to be tedious at all and beat most with pretty sloppy play, as long as I was aggressive. You can't be sloppy with Midir.
I never really cared for the narrative aspects, but I'll give you that. I was bothered by Bloodborne's lack of direction except for "hunt and don't think too much about it." At least Dark Souls explicitly gave you a goal to work towards.

But you can smash R1 and get by. That’s the whole point of beasthood. You get ridiculous damage multipliers. I almost never used heavy attacks in boss fights.

Actually it's an I then an X. That's the bad overrated one. It's ok. Roman numerals are easy to mix up some times.

This post was made by a Mexican who loves hentai and is mad he can't beat the Taurus demon

?
What does that have to do with what we're talking about?

It would be easier to make BB a near perfect game then it would be to make DaS1 as good as BB. Just remove teleportation to different areas until you get to the end of the game, make the doll appear when you touch the lamps instead of sending you to the hunter's dream, and just fix some bogus bosses, add a few more pieces of equipment and some shortcuts.

Exactly. I’d also like if they could somehow make the lecture buildings part of Byrgenwyrth, would make them feel less tiny and the later part of the game would feel less disjointed.

Fpbp
Literally proving him 110% correct and you don't even see the irony kys faggot

Ocarina of Time
Final Fantasy 7
Halo
World of Warcraft
Metal Gear Solid

By a mile.

Attached: GoldenEye007box.jpg (300x206, 68K)

Dark Souls 1 gets just as much praise even though it's a much worse game.

>Any Rockstar game
>Any Naughty Dog game

Wrong

Uncharted 2
And this

True.
Here:

>in literally every way except these couple of really important ways
why are incels so mentally ill, bros? are they incels because they're retarded, or the other way around?

>revolutionizes first person shooters
>is fun

>wah wah wah it doesn't match the industry standards of today's gaming that the game itself back in the day influenced

this is you

Attached: bb.jpg (1620x1080, 110K)

The 4 pillars of these games are enemy design, boss design, exploration, and atmosphere. BB has 3/4 over Dark Souls 1. Dark Souls 1 has better world design but worse level design, so the one thing it has is debatable.

This. You shouldn't look at masterpieces but instead cave paintings.

Dark Souls is a game that's much greater than the sum of its parts.

Every single Nintendo game

This. The individual features aren't innovative, but the fact it got put together so well in spite of some really glaring flaws is what makes it appealing for me in a way a lot of clones just aren't.

- Ocarina of Time
- Chrono Trigger
- Every Final Fantasy from 6 onward

Except that I care about meaningful build variety and value it as a measure of good game design far more than atmosphere, which is still important but definitely less important than build variety.

Best answer in this thread
Söy manchildren are crazy for it for some reason

Most things are overrated because normalfags have no taste.

I grew up playing with this generation of consoles so I'm not coming into this as a zoomer who can't appreciate how far games have come. This is a thread for overrated games, not bad games, and people unironically say that this game is still playable to a degree which is comparable to more recent titles which it is not.

I can appreciate the innovation it made but it doesn't hold a candle to its successors.

Attached: 51713678_617106515427208_8467860222604476416_n.jpg (582x517, 27K)

fpbp

Sekiro has literally no builds and no weapons but is still a good
souls game, sold great, and was beloved.

Combat is mediocre and the main character is bland and boring the fact you can\t use potion's during combat makes having potion's at all pointless, and enemy Ai is retarded.

Attached: the witcher 3.jpg (323x433, 36K)

You misspelled underrated

Based. Fuck redditborne

>/K/s garrant
Not a kommando but I thought the moisin nagant (the ends rifle from mgs3) was the most overrated

The music in dark souls is great

But it's fun

>I don't like it so it's bad and overrated!

>None of these people posting Half Life 2
You're all wrong. That fucking snoozefest is more overrated than any souls game could ever be

Any Final Fantasy game.

And worst fucking fanbase ever,making the same game all over again with different skin and sheeple is still swalow like a good whore

Why is it impossible to play a pure knight character like in DeS, DaS and DaS II? Why is the game trying to force me to roll twenty times every micro second?

Attached: Dark_souls_3_cover_art.jpg (289x345, 48K)

Skyrim, easily.