I like this game and I'm glad it did well

I like this game and I'm glad it did well.

Attached: 3.8 milli.png (797x580, 590K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dailytech.page/2019/06/11/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-global-sales-exceed-2-million-copies/
youtube.com/watch?v=UkkF6Zz67TE
youtu.be/NJRn8j-tJDM
youtube.com/watch?v=ALbVEmzY5S4&t=2s
twitter.com/SunhiLegend/status/1159261459471306752
youtube.com/watch?v=lNm4e-nv2Lo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I never played it but I'm glad it did so well too

How much longer until it goes below €20?

I like how it exposed all of the "git gud" soulsborne shitters who relied on summons to beat their games

I don't like this game and I'm glad that it's popular, it makes me feel better about disliking it.

I'm happy this great game got the numbers it deserved.

Exposed soulsbabies for FUN loving idiots who can't enjoy standing around clicking L1

cope

Was this another Framecounter sequel or did it actually require some semblance of skill?

It's activision so probably a long time.

>0 threads and barely any discussion
yeah this game is dead. glad Miyazaki has already moved on to another game (Elden Ring, which will sell maybe AT LEAST TWICE than Shitkiro did)

Best From game

Attached: C2FAA3EE-F8D1-41D8-B7D5-C07942ECA790.jpg (2048x1789, 1.05M)

It requires from you to learn the parry system and when you do that's it, you've mastered the game.

It's single only and relatively short game. Not much to talk about anymore. Doesn't mean it's bad.

Me too, I like the combat changes from Souls and I hope they keep it for all future games

I would like a medieval version with online

It would be better if they made an entirely different game instead of copying the same mechanics from their previous games and only adding a little twist to it.

Sexiro

Attached: F2FFEA2A-927E-438B-9809-9263637C55B0.jpg (2048x1868, 830K)

Attached: 37474817y72.jpg (2560x1920, 1.79M)

And? Fuck off, weebshit.

Deserved like 800k max.

Attached: E9204F23-7CCD-46F1-B045-CE44D0CE162F.jpg (2048x1842, 759K)

Stupid nigger, I hate you.

Attached: 1E0060B4-2896-4C5B-A6D3-40EF433732F4.png (960x960, 617K)

There’s never any downtime or filler parts in Sekiro. Everything is always on point and oozing with thematic substance.

Attached: CFE04261-4AB0-458A-8186-E101B826DF37.jpg (2048x1668, 834K)

>game has completion rate of 25% based on trophies
>this is roughly the same as every other Souls game
>’exposed all the Soulsborne shitters’
Fucking lol

I love RE2 but i wish it had sold even more. I wanted it to blow everything else RE out of the water.

Attached: 54170869-DC4E-4A01-95F6-7B5135345327.jpg (640x828, 246K)

I think it's mostly because it's a single player game. People play it, they don't want to spoil it, there's less discussion. There will probably be more discussion about it when it wins awards and the need for spoilers wears off.

RE7 is top tier game, shithead.

ok?

I'm glad, but we'll have to see how many of those 3'8M actually beat the game
Same thing happened with bloodborne and the 3M

>people don’t want to spoil it
You must be retarded

See It has almost the same completion rate as BB and DS3 (20-30%)

I dislike the feudal japan theme but still I liked it a lot.

Attached: 17c7401b0163c7f4556103409b759273d43dab71d078c2869b2f09f8113f6ff2.png (227x301, 87K)

Most people don't want to spoil it.

>tfw they scrapped the DLC because they're making a sequel instead

Attached: 1547875331085.webm (1280x720, 2.89M)

Only faggots think like that - different user.

>singleplayer game
>dying
enough with this meme

God, I hope. It's been too long without any news.

Attached: 1555002619137.jpg (1000x700, 346K)

What..?

Attached: 666DD7B4-2D8D-48F5-888C-4AF45CA7BA2F.jpg (2048x1989, 848K)

Can’t have a sequel to game with 4 different endings without invoking parallel universes or some other bullshit.

You think anyone cares about spoilers half a year after release?
Don't bother answering, it's obvious you have some kind of brain damage since I had to explain it to you.

This your first game with multiple endings senpai?

>Noooooo Activision is the publisher! Game is doomed!
>Best From game made
>Best selling From game too

Why is Yea Forums always wrong about everything?

>makes one ending canon
???
Multiple series do this.

No, but none of the others had direct sequels with the same cast.

>none of the others
what

Underage dumb shit

sekiro sucked honestly

Retared FF fan, don't bother.

Games like Fallout 1 or Morrowind don’t qualify because the main character isn’t recurring. The only exception I can think of is SMT4A, but that’s one out of hundreds. From’s never done it with any of their games.

Zzzzzzzz...

Lack of news is the only flaw of Fromsoft.

Good thing Fromsoft isn't under EA or they would've been shut down for those sales numbers.

Attached: file(1).png (718x617, 588K)

This is why

Attached: the day v got outed.jpg (300x168, 13K)

One of the characters in ACE2 can die in some conditions yet she's canonically alive in ACE3.
Multiple Ravens in Nexus can die depending on your mission choices yet two prominent characters are canonically alive and important in Last Raven.
For Answer had three endings yet V/VD went with the one where the Cradles fell and nobody got out in space.

Those were just off the top of my head and only FROM games.
How many FROM games did you play my dude? How many games did you play in general? This isn't ucnommon. You're acting as if this dumbass reason will stop them from cashing in more millions.

Attached: 1563819234686.jpg (480x480, 71K)

glad my supreme taste make me avoid another janky game from memesoft

It’s not the best selling From game by any stretch. Bloodborne sold about 5 million and DS3 even more.

Resetera bay BAY

It's my GOTY

Attached: 20190728183236_1.jpg (1920x1080, 505K)

based

Attached: sekidab.jpg (212x238, 9K)

From peaked with Dark Souls 3. It all went downhill after that.

>implying the best combat system they've ever created intertwined with the best narrative yet isn't their peak

Attached: confused sekiro.png (477x269, 306K)

Source?

I got some rice from the Senpou chick we can split. She digs me, I'm tellin' ya.

Attached: 7B29E632-809A-4317-96E5-8B4CFCC18772.jpg (2048x1635, 612K)

It's the fastest selling FROM game ever dailytech.page/2019/06/11/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-global-sales-exceed-2-million-copies/

Dark Souls sold 2.37 million copies in 1 and a half years
Dark Souls 2 sold 2.5 million copies in a year
Dark Souls 3 sold 3 million in 4 months
Bloodborne never reached 5 million units. Bloodborne sold 2 million in 6 months and as of January 2018 it sold 2.9 million units.

In comparison Sekiro sold 2 million copies in 10 days and 3.8 millions in 5 months.

Shut the fuck up next time.

Attached: 1564909061579.jpg (720x720, 387K)

>Bloodborne sold about 5 million
m8 stop BB has not broken 3 million are you fucking stupid?

I love me some rice

Attached: smiles.jpg (240x282, 21K)

>parry simulator
>"combat"
Sekiro is a joke

activision doesnt own it.
from does, but they are also quite stingy.

As opposed to...what? You don't have a critically thinking neuron in your skull.

Attached: long swordsman asshole.webm (800x450, 2.94M)

>dress up simulator
>"combat"
Soulsborne is a joke

GOTY, easy. Im about to get the 4th ending and I'm still not bored of it. No shitty filler levels or "that part". I enjoy every encounter and boss. Probably FROM's most consistant title to date.

Attached: 1553787039182.jpg (400x400, 42K)

I'm very happy.

Attached: restored.jpg (362x447, 52K)

Dark Souls combat has more depth and take skills. Sekiro combat is just a mini game borderline qte.

Yeah all those weapons and they have like 2 attacks each lmao.

What is actually interesting most of my friends that are into gaming didn't touch the game, maybe out of hundreds I know only one person that played it so far except me. Meanwhile a lot of these people have loved and played Soulsborne games.

The game itself is amazing, it feels actually quite complete, there are no dlc shit, generally it's super fun for the first 10 or so hours, later on it gets actually kinda boring, but generally speaking it has shown how much potential lies in Tenchu-like games with a mix of Soulsborne.

>rolling simulator
>"combat"
Dark Souls is a joke

Man, I wish even a single fight in the entire game happened like this webm. It was all parry spam/be prepared to jump/kick/dodge and not at all this ninja bullshit.

>No shitty filler levels or "that part"
Bodhisatva Valley
>Dark Souls combat has more depth
In what regard? Why is this an argument about depth and not about if the combat succeeds in what it sets out to do? You don't have a critically thinking neuron in your skull.

Attached: Emma is tired of your shit.jpg (350x533, 18K)

>that move to jump the sweep

Attached: 1539745623164.png (447x295, 112K)

>zoomer faggot doesn't realize you can PLAY video games for yourself instead of watching an eceleb fumble through it

Attached: E6E320E52F6B4400BF9997793BCA2775.jpg (537x608, 51K)

I mixed up the BB numbers. But DS3 still outsold it you dumb faggot. You said it was the ‘best-selling’ From game. It’s clearly not. And it won’t sustain its momentum due to lack of PvP.

The game is only as tedious as you are, I promise you. With Exorcism Strikes, you can keep up the pressure on an enemy with R1s, and as they're about to swing you can stop them with two ES, then switch over to a prosthetic of your choice to do massive damage to health or posture. Or, like the webm, you can use Senpou Leaping Kicks into a prosthetic of your choosing.

But who the fuck was Robert?

Attached: ashina crosses.webm (720x375, 2.7M)

Roberto*

Nothing wrong with that level.

Can we all take the time to call this guy retarded?

I got it in April is my first run and I'm fighting RCM. I'm enjoying it slowly.

Attached: corrupted-monk-gallery-8-wiki-guide.jpg.png (400x490, 352K)

But he is right

Attached: Sekiro vs swordsmen.webm (670x348, 2.55M)

The game was too short and easy for me.
>took a week out on work
>bought tons of food
>waited for noon release in hype
>used vpn to get it early
>beat it in 2 days
>no wish to replay

I'm not a fan of the abundance of monkeys as opposed to the riflewomen that were in the first half of the level. I went through the whole level, and I still go through the whole level, thinking
>Why didn't they populate the valley with more riflewomen?
Yeah yeah, the Guardian Ape is down there, but it doesn't sit well with me that after the GA, there is a cave with MORE rifle mother fuckers. Why abandon the valley? Who taught the monkeys to shoot? The rilfewomen? Why aren't they there to keep tabs on them? It flares up my fucking shit like nothing else in the game.

Attached: 20190616012954_1.jpg (1920x1080, 580K)

DLC and sequel FUCKING WHEN

Attached: 1564903958045.jpg (354x423, 83K)

YOU CAN DO THAT!? Holy fuck.

Attached: 1565219236455.jpg (1545x991, 73K)

Cool. Almost 4 Mil in 3 months is not too shabby.

You clearly haven't played Sekiro and are just parroting shit you're hearing. Enemies have AI and movesets like in Souls games. They don't have a specific rythm or movement from start to finish. This game requires you anticipate and react, not just memorize. Stop spreading bs

Lol Bloodborne didnt get a sequel and you think this will?

I was wondering if you can learn it. I bet it's an Ashina Art. Guess I'll grind it out later.

I am also glad, because it was a really good game.

>In the same report, it was also revealed that From Software’s Dark Souls series has amassed a whopping 25 million units sold. Again this is quite remarkable as the previous figure before the launch of Dark Souls 3 was 10 million. Sales of that game, and the remastered version of the first game, are likely to have been instrumental in that additional 15 million copies since March 2016
dailytech.page/2019/06/11/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-global-sales-exceed-2-million-copies/
Lol, all three DS games sold 25 million
units. That’s about 8 million for every Souls game. Sekirofags BTFO

At least BB got DLC

Sequel and DLC fags are the worst.
The game is finished and it's good in the state it's in.
Why would you want more of the same instead of something new? From Soft is always at their best when they make new things

Ya rifle woman were more interesting to fight but I still enjoy going through it. I take the rifle wielding monkeys as kind of humeroua more than anything. The dual sword monkeys were criminally underused however.

Attached: Screen_Shot_2019-03-31_at_2.37.55_PM.jpg (1280x716, 117K)

i've seen a thread every single day lol

Zoomers. Even the president of FROMSOFTWARE is against sequels / dlcs.

I wasn't that user, I was just correcting your retarded bullshit.

But it has 4 different endings, and if you want to get all unlocks you end up playing it at least 3 more times. It's actually very replayable considering that by the time you get to the second and third runs the game has clicked with you and it's super fun to play and it feels amazing to be a literal ninja cutting through your enemies.

Attached: Rifle dodge.webm (374x210, 180K)

What the FUCK was her problem?

Attached: 20190722155236_1.jpg (1920x1080, 423K)

Cool, now give me the Tomoe DLC and make it fucking long.
Also, expand the unarmed system and let me beat the game entirely with sick ass kung-fu.

Attached: Sekiro .Shadows.Die.Twice.600.2551036.jpg (600x562, 59K)

Shura ending is fucking horseshit and there's so much more to explore with Tomoe, Takeru and Dougen.

Ok retard

>PVP
you need to go back

DEMON NIGGAS
SOUL NIGGAS
BLOOD NIGGAS
WOLF NIGGAS
RING NIGGAS

Attached: 1564779446160.jpg (640x476, 20K)

Also playing without Kuro's Charm and Demon Bell adds a whole new layer of gameplay/difficulty. It's really hard though, and I still prefer to play with Kuro's Charm for funruns.

>Artorias of the Abyss is universally praised
>Scholar of the First Sin is near universally praised
>TRC is universally praised
>The Old Hunters is universally praised
>Sekiro DLC when?
>wtf is your problem god stfu From Soft is always at their best when they make new things

Attached: 1469666049576.png (680x460, 166K)

She wasn't having sex

Attached: CEF545E5-9C7A-419B-8B78-8F31153C4C75.jpg (2076x1536, 726K)

There's really a whole lot of replay value that's incredibly unsung about Sekiro. Especially in terms of the faggots who tout there's not much to the combat. The tools you get by the end of the game feel amazing when replaying, and you won't get everything on your first run so there's only more to get and experiment with.

>Scholar is near universally praised.

Thanks, I needed a laugh

>I'M SCARED OF CONFLICT AND COMPARING MY SKILLS TO OTHERS BECAUSE I'M AN INSECURE INCEL
have sex

it was the guys son
pretty sure he died

The DLC is the most beloved part about DSII, yes. Not necessarily the base game, or Scholar's updated base game. My fault for not specifying.

Attached: 1460875038802.jpg (968x988, 192K)

game is pure kino. bad taste mongols disagree

Not every character mentioned in the lore has to be in the fucking game for your character to meet. Ever heard of world building? If your character could meet everyone that was important in the history of the game world that would just be idiotic.
?
When did i say that the DLC's weren't good? It's just a simple fact that whatever they came out with after the DLC was much better than the DLC, except for Dark Souls 2 and 3 since it was just From Soft stagnating with the same formula without making any advancements to it.
Sadly Elden Ring seems to be "for the souls fans"

>P'TWANG PYONG
>P'TWANG PYONG
>P'TWANG PYONG
>P'TWANG PYONG
>P'TWANG PYONG
>P'TWANG PYONG
Can't play this game due to this retarded sound you hear non stop.

Tomoe and Takeru are dead. Maybe you could fight them in a memory. But there’s nothing unresolved about their story, so they’d be no reason to actually fight them.

>how can i be validated without my EMERGENT GAMEPLAY?!

Attached: yikey wikey sweaty.png (1000x1000, 119K)

the shura ending is fine lol

Imagine how good Elden Ring will be if this is the engine and tech demo...

SHUT UP

2 is the best souls game, scholar is pretty shit due to the needless changes and careless placing of unnecessary red phantoms everywhere

Its like an actual sword duel or something.

lmao no it isnt

>I like to only play a quarter of a game and don't like replayability

>2 is the best souls game
ironic shitposting is still shitposting

>All three
>That’s about 8 million for every Souls game
That metric on their site also included Dark Souls Remastered.
Either way the initial sales are the most important and profitable ones for the developers. Because those are full priced pre-orders.
3 million units in 3 months is much better than 5 million units in five years which needed bundles, black Fridays and repackages to reach those numbers.

You are bundling and pitting Steam summer sales of 7+ years old previous gen games against a new IP that released 5 months ago and already broke company's records.

Attached: 1564931406107.jpg (683x676, 129K)

noob
noob

>a quarter of a game
literally 99% of these games are PvE, the hell are you talking about?
>replayability
zoomer, please OUT

I hope can run it on potato.

Attached: 1563406225201.png (1217x1215, 1.34M)

>Game is released with DLC at a later point
>WTF GUYS I MISS THE TIMES WHEN WE GOT A FUCKING COMPLETE GAME RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX
>From Software releases a complete game with no DLC or other shit post release
>WTF WHERE'S THE DLC!?!!!?!?!?!?

Fucking Zoomers

>2 is the best souls game

On what drugs?

Because it's not more of the same, it allows them to expand on previous ideas.

Does high monk/senpou leaping kicks allow you to do a longer range backstep dodge similar in nature to nightjar reversal?

contrarian child

amazing game

>zoomer, please OUT
I knew it
>durr i bea du peekachoo and snolax XD
>red phantom invades
>O_O omg
>PULLS LE ETHERNET LIKE DSP LMAOOOO
BITCH

Attached: 943700_screenshots_20190707013557_1.jpg (3840x2160, 472K)

Exactly. The combat actually feels fleshed out and fun to utilize unlike in Soulsbornes where it's like an IDEA of a good combat system that's only half-assedly implemented. There's actually way more playstyles in Sekiro than in Souls games once you get all the combat arts, ninjutsu techniques, and prosthetics by the end of the game. With all the variety the combat offers you can actually replay the game without it feeling like a chore within the first hour.

Attached: bell dodge.gif (480x270, 994K)

FROM has a damn good track record with DLC so I can see why its disappointing.

the first one is how i feel about most publishers and devs
the second one is how i feel about fromsoft
did i clear it up, sweetie? :)

Because enemies doesn't have patterns,fucking dumbfuck,must be a tendie

Personally their implementation of DLC has always bothered me in past games because:
You either go into the DLC at a level appropriate level and you end up overleveled for the entire rest of the base game, or you play through the base game first and end up being overleveled for the DLC.
Why don't they just make DLC a continuation of the base game instead of always making them like "mid game" in terms of difficulty?

In Sekiro a DLC could be implemented much more smoothly actually

I'm glad it was a commercial success. But man, From really missed a great opportunity to put in some j horror monsters into Sekiro, it would have been so great.

Attached: zipping around.gif (500x281, 2.46M)

I was expecting it to go a bit more crazy later in the game, may have just been expectations after playing BB.

Elden Ring will be what Dark Souls should have been.

Double Ape Trouble fight without Kuro's Charm and with Demon Bell is some fucking bullshit, cause you can't just easily dispatch the smol Ape

It wasn't supposed to be too completely out there in terms of monsters. I think it was going for the 300-route of fantasy where it's like borderline history with myth/fantasy elements sprinkled that leave you questioning whether that was reality or not. Although I do think a Kappa would've been nice around Mibu village. O-Rin was the water-spirit though and the Kappa's anus-removal move was transferred over to the headless so I guess it wasn't all lost.

Attached: Gyobu.gif (500x281, 3.39M)

Nothing wrong with wanting more content IF game is good. If game’s meh it doesn’t need dlc

There's nothing wrong with wishing there was more, sure. Wanting them to reopen a game that was closed off neatly is stupid though, especially when they themselves don't want to.

No instead they are more about rolling around and clicking R1

Attached: mada mada.gif (480x270, 2.54M)

There are a few unnerving enemies like you mentioned. Headless, orin, and those octopus things that play the flute. I guess I was hoping for a bit more.

>went through the first time belled
>troublesome, but not that bad. Monkey Trouble kicked my teeth in the most out of any boss
>now going through no charm belled NG
>The bull kills me like ten times
>the first purple ninja will kill you if you flub two deflects as blocks leading to me sprinting off to rest until I beat him in standard combat
It’s a shame no charm isn’t the standard game, it would have filtered so many more people. Also Juzou is an absolute monster when his entire moveset is deflect or die.

WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooaaaaaaAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHUUu

HEY DSFAGS

Attached: 1519699616383.jpg (954x586, 168K)

>juzou is an absolute monster
Just eliminate his allies one by one (puppeteer on ng+), then stealth deathblow once and keep tossing shurikens at him. He’ll fall in no time. Tested with both Juzous

Rent free

I feel that being guard crushed should do damage to you. That would make blocking much riskier, since usually enemies don't capitalise on it

I thought the monks were pretty unnerving as well, especially once you found out they were infested with centipedes.

I read that Activision was pleased with Sekiros performance. I would have thought they expected a gorillian sold.

I always killed his allies one by one and deathblowed him to open, but after that I typically face enemies without much in the way of gimmicks to master their moveset. I was disappointed Juzou wasn’t mire flammable though, I would have thought his counter was fire considering he’s a giant mass of fat and alcohol.

> cheesing
Not honorabru.

Seething

Attached: 1553698609325.png (631x710, 1003K)

I hate you both. You are not real From fans. I was loyal to them before they got popular. Do you even know what Lost Kingdom is? Otogi? Armored Core? I bet you dont you worthless sack of shit.

Cope

> REEEEEEEE Me better than you cuz i played old gamesssss

>challenging 'gamey' Japanese and asian themed games just don't se~

Attached: 1307367367328.png (274x242, 5K)

Dilate

Almost every boss plays dirty in this game
>guns
>lightning
>firecrackers
>literal shit
In fact Juzou barely deflects or parries. The game is practically begging you to torch/shuriken his ass.

Have sex

>streamlined Souls rehash with a QTE combat system sold more than the best action game of all time
yeah I'm thinking gaming is dead

Sneed

I wish it got better numbers, it feels like the studio put everything into it unlike DS3. Also why the fuck aren’t there Vaatifags for Sekiro lore, there’s deeper fucking connections in this game than any of the Souls games, like the fact that the female fighters of Gun Fort are all descendents of the Okami women, as you can see by their susceptibility to poison.

I think what I appreciate most about Sekiro is the aesthetic. It is more authentic historical Japanese, like something out of the old Kurosawa era style, before everything went weeaboo. Sure, there is plenty of unrealistic and obviously stylized parts, but it is still grounded. Reminds me of what I like about Japan when I read Clavell's Shogun, or Yoshikawa's Musashi and Taiko.

Juzou isn’t a boss, he’s a miniboss. The worst he has is the awful poison burp attack compared to just hammering you with a massively oversized odachi.

and also as you can see by the game clearly telling you at one point that they are their descendants lol

I'm overjoyed this great and extremely fun game got the positive reception it deserved.

Either a spurned lover, or lost her lover in some other way. It's pretty obvious, user.

not that retard you replied to but an original new IP selling almost 4 million copies is fucking amazing.
we should all be celebrating that good, traditionally games are actually doing well and the 80+ million budget open world cinematic walking simulator meme is not the only go-to route for publishers anymore.

Attached: 1394836827262.gif (250x188, 1.14M)

Cringe and trannypilled

WOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1480084035728.png (720x1164, 159K)

> there’s deeper fucking connections in this game than any of the Souls games
Do you know who originally owned the Avelyn?? DS1 sold more than Sekiro

Did it? I missed the game telling me it.

Activision are the publishers in the West and therefore set pricing.

I loved sekiro but its the only souls game i have beaten should probably tell you something.

Allthough sekiro has only one garbage mechanic (Terror) while dark souls has lots of instakill garbage that makes it unfun could be why i beat it.

He would look a lot better with a beard.

Attached: 91-1554488317-1496901315.png (1858x930, 2.27M)

I like this game and I'm indifferent to its commercial success.

Does it matter? Most Souls “Lore” has no relevance to anything in game. Wow, Lloyd got fucked by his own Church in DS3, so cool. It’s a shame all of this happened far, far away from Lothric and is thus irrelevant.

Attached: Sekiro- Nigga Dies Twice.webm (1280x680, 2.89M)

I wish it did too but it's pretty great for both an original IP, who knows if it'll be a franchise, AND the fact that it was seen as the hardest of all the From games, which can very easily turn some people off.

It tells you that Sekiro is their shortest game, yes. It is too, only takes 20 some odd hours for a first playthrough.

Yes, that's usually the point of lore.

>dark souls has lots of instakill garbage that makes it unfun could be why i beat it.
Dark Souls only has one analogue to Terror, and that's Curse (Bloodborne has Frenzy). Whatever instakill mechanics you're thinking of don't exist.

So you don't? I'll give you a hint: the character it belonged to and the character who gave it to him are both in the game, one being a focal point of the game and one being seemingly (but not actually) pointless. Souls connections go far deeper than Sekiro connections (which is fine, Sekiro's lore is still great.)

The only reason it’s seen as the hardest is the summonfag journalists hyping a no bell charmed run as “Too hard for OLDER GAMERZ and the disabled” when very little about Sekiro needs excellent reaction times or perfect cooardination. You are using a handful of buttons in combat, some poor motherfucker with three fingers on each hand and a concussion could probably do it.

Very nice! Sekiro was my favorite game this year happy to hear that games like it can still do so well.

Good thing we're playing a ninja then.

What the fuck? Thats much longer than the average Dark Souls first playthrough. There is absolutely no way it took anyone more than 20 hours to beat DaS1-3.

I looked it up
>that absolutely shameful, baseless theorycrafting with no substance whatsoever
Lorefags are embarassing. Imagine giving a shit about lore with no mechanical impact on the game beyond a mild curiosity.

You’re wrong, the average DS1 playthrough runs like 40 hours. DS2 takes longer. DS3 takes slightly less time.

You might actually be retarded.
>the game never OUTRIGHT says it, it's just extremely heavily implied and hinted to in numerous ways

Souls lore is mostly incoherent bullshit, the result of heavy edits and botched localization. If anything, Sekiro should’ve gone further down the traditional straightforward narrative route. But for the most part they did, so it was fine.

>the average DS1 playthrough runs like 40 hours
Who are you trying to feed your bs here?

Not a fan. I refunded it. Not my type of game.

maybe if you used a guide or ran past stuff, a first playthrough of those 3 would be at least 25-40 hours

Like the fact that the Crystal Armor has a pattern that vauglely resembles it and peope just ASSUMING one of the corpses is the craftsman based on nothing, and a third fucking speculation based on completely fucking unrelated mechanism. This is shameful.

I think it’s more a measure of specific adaptability thing. There is a pretty singular way to beat Sekiro. It’s a fun way, at least in my mind, but it’s definitely a direct and focused- some might say rigid- experience. If you either didn’t catch on or didn’t like that way it asked you to play it’s understandable that you’d dislike it. I’m not sure ‘hard’ is the right word though. Once I beat my first boss (Butterfly) I would never say the game was hard after that, because I accepted what it wanted me to do.

It’s not me, it’s the polled playtime. This is the average mind, not the playtime of someone sprinting through the game with all of it committed to memory. Go look it up.

All souls games are best beaten by rolling through attacks and punishing or blocking attacks and punishing. Sekiro’s core combat loop is significantly more precise than DS’s. Or maybe it’s just because I have never actually played NG “As intended”.

Did you just ignore the Chloranthy markings hidden all over the textures? They don't even vaguely resemble them, they are them. Full stop.
Listen to Hawkshaw's "Rediscover Dark Souls Lore: Ash Lake, Havel, and the Plot against the Gods" video.

Yes, the grass crest shield does highly resemble the crystalline armor, you did it, you can use your eyes. Is the fact that they both likely originated from the same area enough to BLOW YOUR MIND?

>Tfw first playthrough of dark souls took about 80 hours and sekiro 56.

Attached: gZ38ujB.png (657x527, 27K)

Loreleeches thrive on vagueness and in the DS/BB games, being original worlds, there is literally as much vagueness as you want to fill things in
Sekiro takes place in a largely historical place during a historically accurate time period, there’s not as much opportunity to say ‘perhaps he came from the far off land of Cainburger to seek a cure for the darkblood...’ when the bulk of the rest of the world in Sekiro is ‘Oda is fuckin shit up’

Haha yeah imagine taking more than 20 hours on a first play through of DaS1 h-ha ha

>80
God damn you are slow. What were you even doing? Did you get lost in the woods for 40 hours?

2019...I am forgotten....by 3.8 million people....with daily threads...that typically hit 300 replies of actual discussion.....despite being a short single player game....with low replayability...

>I don't have the mental fortitude for conversations or inferences, please ignore me
gladly

I also liked this game. The fact that it's very existence is a thumb in EA's eye is a nice bonus, too.

based nigger

Same here brother. I took my sweet time exploring and figuring out what to do. Getting stuck on bosses here and there as well.

It releasing so close to DMC5 hurt my overall thoughts of it. DMC5 was an immensely better game. From need to decide if they want to make Souls like RPGs or action games. This new direction they have taken with BB, DS3 and Sekiro is ultimately trying to be too much and failing at both.

Looking forward to Dark Souls: Open World edition because Miyahacki can't do anything new.

Man, god bless whoever took the time to make these fucking awesome .webms

>lorefags actually think they are some kind of intelligent upper class of the community
DID YOU KNOW THAT SIF GETS SAD IF YOU BEAT THE DLC FIRST
DID YOU KNOW THAT ARTORIAS WAS LEFT HANDED
DID YOU KNOW THAT GOUGH ISN’T REALLY BLIND
The screechings of someone who has discovered an irrelevant trivia fact and assured themselves that it makes them smart.

>I say again

>Guardian Ape is ha-

Attached: Ape Raped.webm (1280x720, 1.94M)

Why are DMCV fags so insistent about trying to remind people of their game.

Yeah thats a big YIKES from me. You need to cope and seethe more incel, have sex.

Oh shit, someone actually discovered how to make use of that shit.

Based

You continue to screech about your own superiority, yes. Worthless parasite on the community.

The second phase is the tough one.

>having the ability to imbue your blade by Guardian Ape

>dies a thousand times before reading guides in gamefaqs and watching youtube strategy videos
>100 hours later
>haha easy
Commit seppuku on yourself moron

Sekino af

Attached: 1554311849010.jpg (1280x720, 98K)

Because it released so close to Sekiro. Comparisons were going to be made and I did make them. Sekiro falls far short when compared to DMC5, more if we look at other action games too. Its a good game but the comparisons can't be helped. Sekiro tries to be its own thing but From still can't move on from Souls entirely, hampering it.

You might genuinely be retarded. Calling someone stupid is not the same as calling yourself smart.

>tfw my DS3 playthrough took 90 hours because I found the DLC early and decided to finish it before the rest of the game.
>On a caster build

Attached: 1562865895695.jpg (750x807, 134K)

Shit man. I only used it on random mooks for the hell of it. Gonna need to try this.

Calling someone stupid by parameters only you fill in the conversation is de facto calling yourself smart. I guess in all the LORE you missed basic applicable logic.
DMCV and Sekiro are two entirely different games with two entirely different gameplay loops, and anyone trying to draw direct comparisons is either shitposting or delusional. All action games do not have the same parameters of all other action games, and while you can call DMCV the one true action game, you’re stupid for doing so.

We really should have grabbed a sakura branch clipping while we were up there getting his sweet eye water, would have saved us some time mucking about in memory.

Holy shit, please tell me this is a facade

Bought the game the day it came out and I gave up at the gorilla boss fight. Too hard for me.

No use fighting with him. DMC fags are delusional and have to remind people it exists because no one remembers it. Sekiro is still talked about, got some nice media attention, and is actually challenging.

retard

I’ll unmask if you will

It may be yet another braindead setpiece battle like dragon god or the stupid bed of chaos, but it was so fucking pretty to look at.
It's really the way to go with fights like these.

>talk to sad lady
>she angry and kills me
>don't talk to sad lady
>she angry and kills me
Women...

I don't think i'll laugh harder for the rest of the week

Don’t talk to sad spirit women, it’s a bad idea and will get you killed.

>deflect deflect deflect
>big slam deflect
thats all the second phase is

It’s more fun than Bed of Chaos or Dragon God though.

Attached: truly_precious_bait-.png (256x256, 28K)

Cope

Attached: FuckyouShizu.webm (1920x1080, 2.4M)

I am pretty sure this is cheating

cute cat

Midair deathblow dummy. You can even do it on corrupted monk apparently.

This. You just need to be at the right place at the right time.

this game lacks of something, it need a great DLC like in DS3

>Sekiro Shadows Die
If they aren't going to write the full name, just write Sekiro. This is a retarded compromise, do the full name or do the first word.

It doesn’t lack anything, but I still want more.

Did you even play the game retard

It doesn't lack shit. It's fucking great. More content=/=better quality. It's just more shit. Souls always missed an actual good follow through with its gameplay, and always just gave you more shit to distract you with and give you hope. But in the end all weapons felt clunky to use and you had to get used to that. Whereas Sekiro is actually about good gameplay and having fun with its mechanics, not just surface level shit.

Attached: Owl2fight.webm (1920x1080, 2.43M)

>blade of the immortal adaptation by hiroshi hamasaki coming october
>Dororo was decent
>Nioh 2 looks to bring improvements
>Ghost of Tsushima will have batman combat but look like a kurosawa movie in color
>Samurai Showdown is fun
>Sekiro is one of the best games of the year
Good time to be a samurai weeb

It lacks pvp

>it lacks shitty as fuck poorly coded pvp

Probably FROMs best gimmick fight. It looks great and is fun despite the lack of challenge.

PVP is not something that adds to the actual gameplay. It's simply a feature that you use the gameplay on. Having PVP doesn't make Souls combat any less clunky.

Souls PvP is bad and only fun for invasions. You can’t make the Sekiro combat system invasion friendly except for sudden deathblows. The tempo for an invader would always be the same and theybwould be really fucking annoying in open combat as you both trade endless deflections before grappeling off to get posture back.

I think Tsushima combat looks like ass. I hope I am wrong but all these big AAA games are too similar. The more money they spent on it the safer they have to play it to increase sales potential. Is going to be full see through walls vision, easy counters, 1 button kill everyone abilities and slow motion weapon switch mid combat.

>*PvP is bad.
yes
yeah, it's literally the same as batman. dreadful.

RE7 was a better game than RE2 remake. From the story to everything. RE2 was just for nostalgiafags.

Its a shame, I don't want to dislike it, it looked great from what I have seen. But they are going to have a tough time competing with Nioh 2 and Sekiros combat.

It only sold so much because of dark souls

Whats wrong with being a nostalgia fag? I'm 30 and love old things. They are much better than new things. Women too. I find women in their 30s much more attractive than women in their 20s.

Invasion PvP is great, fuck you. It’s still mechanically broken but it’s MUTUALLY broken in ways that can be fun.

too bad all the butthurt journos who wrote articles for casuals about how the game was too hard will hurt the sales of whatever the follow-up is

Nah, REmake2 kind of stands on its own I think since it plays much differently than the original. I think RE7 had the better first play through but not as replayable.

What the fuck is elden ring about anyway

>Nioh 2
I'm one trophy away from platinuming Nioh and I fucking resent this piece of shit. I tried so hard to like it because there was nothing to fill the void after Sekiro ended but that turboautist buildfaggot gankfest of a game is a fucking nightmare. I don't understand people who enjoy buildfaggotry and I never fucking will.

Sekiro stripped out the only interesting part of Souls which was having some fun building your character and choosing between many options, there was nothing genuinely impressive about the gameplay but it was enough to prop up all the other parts of the game and have it come together to make something enjoyable. All that's left when you strip out everything not 100% necessary for the combat system to work is a pathetically shallow system where literally the only skill you need is basic timing. There are no meaningful choices in Sekiro for reacting to stuff that isn't completely inferior to just pressing parry, that's why people call it a QTE game.

>fuck buildfags
>builds are the only good part of souls
7 seconds apart lmao. I personally resent that shit.

Kurosawa's best movies were in colour

There are plenty of attacks their either cannot be parried or have superior options to parrying, what are you talking about?

It was great for a playthrough, but it definitely is lacking something that would make me want to revisit it. I'm happy that the game tried to distance itself from the Souls games, but it just took too many freedoms away. I don't think it needs different armor, weapons, or PVP necessarily, but when you take all of those things away and don't add anything new it feels pretty limiting, even if the core game is more refined. It also hurts exploration, since all there is to discover is gold and useless buffs. The only reason I'd replay it is to fight the bosses again, but I imagine going through the rest of the game is just going to be a slog.

I was oversimplifying a bit, true, but those also have one (1) proper response too (mikiri for thrusts, jump for sweeps, run away for anything else). They're QTEs but with a different button you have to press instead, it's enough to keep the gameplay engaging while you're still learning the game for a few hours but after that you realize that there's literally no substance to it beyond reacting to one move and doing a canned response then spamming attack when you can.

Ran is my favorite of his, but I don't think Kagemusha and Dreams are as good as a lot of his older stuff (High and Low, Seven Samurai, Red Beard, Yojimbo)

The problem with Nioh is less the builds than the shitty item level dependence. Enemies can go from one shotting you to being cake just by going up a few ilevels. It's literally the same system as Diablo 3 and WoW.

All souls combat has always centered around timing, and Sekiro’s core loop is more successful at forcing the player to consider several possible options than Souls games “Roll and then punish the cooldown frames” that extends to near every build and boss. The alternative is using a shield and attacking in the cooldown frames that way.

i just wanted to see tomoe the sexy fish swordswoman

>ilevels
You mean vitality and posture levels, the things that mean you can make more mistakes and are given as rewards for beating tough enemies and exploration?

Kagemusha is my favourite, and all the storyboard paintings he produced for it are fucking peak. Reminds me of the cover for Odama. Anyway all that matters is that Ghosts of Tsushima is tresh and anyone willing to pay money for it is a treshman

DMCtoddlers BTFO

He's clearly talking about Nioh, are you unable to read?

Whoops, skipped over. In which case yeah I agree, item level is a dumb idea.

There were only a handful of bosses where I actually had to learn any patterns in a fair and challenging fight. Most of it was just "gank the boss with buffs and debuffs that freeze it in place and trivialize the entire fight or get one-shotted". That's dogshit. Fuck games with all this retard RPG build, gear, stats trash. Gameplay is what matters, not some autistic rain man simulator for speds who like stacking stat boosts by farming for gear like fags.

I honestly wouldn't complain

Useless thread. I didnt get any (You)s at all.

>building muh character is the best part of video games!
just go play with dolls instead

Attached: lightningreversal.webm (1920x1080, 2.92M)

I don't disagree that their combat systems were fundamentally the same (even simpler in some ways since rolling is a universally good choice), but other Souls games at least had other things to do with your character that supported both the combat and exploration. You could chose from many different weapons or general build styles and exploration was rewarded with things that actually could change the way you played, Sekiro's best attempt at this is the prosthetic tools which are neat but feel like an after thought that don't change much or just break a boss fight completely. The grappling hook was about the best thing to come out of Sekiro imo, even if it was kind of a shallow mechanic too it was pretty fun.

Nioh would be better without loot faggotry. Fact.

I honestly wouldn't complain so much if only there were some decently organized guides online for building different kinds of sets. I tried to find any guide I could in building a set that'd let me ninjutsu the shit out of the three double-boss fights I've got left but all I could find were some hyperautist retard videos that aren't even well-organized. I don't know if the game doesn't have a community or what, but there's too much stat bullshit and very little in the way of any resources that help non-aspies make sense of it. It'd be one thing if the fights were designed in a way that you could just beat by pure skill but that's not even a factor in the endgame double fights. It's just the build and the set you're running that count. Fucking garbage for spergs.

True, Kagamusha is fantastic, but personally I'd rank those four black & white films above it. And yeah, Ghosts of Tsushima just looks like those trash Batman games but with samurai

The different weapons of souls games are frankly more cosmetic than anything considering there is no weapon that changes the optimal playstyle. Sure, you can use poise and an ultra to get in big meaty trades, but you could also just roll and punish for the exact same damage with none of the health loss. Using magic in 1 and 2 is just avoiding needing to roll to punish, and 3 has it as the masochism option. What Sekiro did was hone the core rather than giving a bunch of options that ultimately boiled down to the core playstyle with a new animation.

Merely a few months later... I am forgotten.

Tomoe is not a fish lady. Isshin had a fling with her and you can see her illustration in the combat scroll illustrations for the floating passage attacks

I cant find it

Isshin was such a good fight. It's weird though that despite being the technically hardest boss in the game, it only took me 2 tries to beat him, while Demon of Hate fucked me up good.

Look at the actual illustration of floating passage, that’s a lady.

The spiral passage also has her illustration. Those are the only two attacks with a female figure and both were taught by her.

Attached: DF659894-7C3F-4C44-831F-5CA47ADB1207.png (300x105, 27K)

Oh my god. I am disappointed. I wanted a cute monster girl.

Well yeah, that's called balance, or at least an attempt at it. The fact of the matter is that different builds DID play differently and forced you to approach encounters differently, but when you strip this out you're left with just the skeleton of a combat system. Sekiro could have gotten away with it if it actually brought meaningful choices out of the larger context of a whole playthrough and into the moment to moment gameplay like action games are meant to do, but it doesn't, that's my whole point. Reacting to attacks with your single predetermined best choice isn't meaningful gameplay.

That’s just it, different builds didn’t actually play differently once you’ve learned the game. They played the exact same. A greatsword user has a choice to take an inferior option, that’s all it boils down to.

Kino

Deal with Isshin is that he's like a final exam. If you've mastered Sekiro's mechanics and got gud, the guy won't give you too much hassle. His moves are fairly straight forward, if not fast and damaging, and you've been fighting the Ashina style since the beganning of the game, so you can kinda easily read his tells (at least with his sword). You don't even need to be that aggressive to posture break him since he attacks so much. Demon of Hatred, on the other hand, requires a different gameplay style than anything else in the game. He's requires a lot of patience due to his huge HP pool and the way he zips across the battlefield. If he gets next to a wall, you have to wait for him to move away as the camera will get fucked up if you fight him there.

I honestly did not care for it. Don't know why. Played it a few hours when it came out and haven't played it since. I just didn't care.

>tfw decided to buy the game because I saw Sekiro squatting with a qt fish lady.
>Keep hearing about Tomoe
>Think she's the fish lady and she's a really cool friend.
>Rush to Fountainhead so I can finally meet her.
>She just never shows up.
>The guy who made the screenshot just snuck behind a random NPC.
>DLC is deconfirmed
God I am so fucking pissed.
Still got a fish GF though.

Attached: me and my gf.png (1284x726, 1.54M)

Well if playing a high poise ultra greatsword build and playing a fast roll rapier build are the same to you, now I'm really puzzled on how Sekiro isn't the blandest game ever made since it has even less variation in its entire combat system than there is between those two ways of playing Dark Souls.

Demon of Hatred was a Souls boss that somehow found its way into Sekiro. It completely did away with the game’s core mechanics. Deflection wasn’t a viable strategy. Terrible boss design

Attached: SevenSpearsblock.webm (1920x1080, 2.59M)

Because the high poise ultra greatsword build won’t let you actually poise through most boss attacks in 2 and 3, and is ideally played by rolling and punishing so you don’t lose health. DS1 let it work on some bosses though.

t. filtered and ragequit

Deflection was completely a viable strategy for many of DoH’s attacks.

Nope. Stopped playing that day because I had to get to bed. Just haven't felt like playing it since. But rationalize it however you want.

>rushed to the Fountainhead to find Tomoe
Most of us made that assumption on our first playthrough. But those who did the Purification route knew she was long dead.

Yeah, From is shit at balancing (I still think PVP is largely to blame for this which is why I'm not upset that it's gone from Sekiro) so maybe that wasn't the best example but I think the general point still stands. I'm not trying to make you hate Sekiro, if you like it then fine, but I really don't understand why when it's so bland for me. Maybe it's time to just leave it at that.

Attached: fountainheadpeaceful.webm (1920x1080, 921K)

Nope. Even a perfect deflection of the fire whip burns you. The only attack which can be safely deflected is the stomp.

You literally find her finger in an ape, who the fuck thought she was alive after that?

My sekiro cycle
First 2 hours - boring shit
Main chunk of the middle portion of the game where the world really opens up - excellent
Last 2-3 hours - bit tired of the monotony of combat

It was a decent game but honestly it holds no replay value for me, eh.

I din’t think you’re trying to make he mate Sekiro, I’m just trying to impress upon you the fact that Dark Souls is more about the illusion of choice than it seems, and boils down to the same strategy for most of the game across all builds.

Lol, that’s not Tomoe’s finger. It belongs to the Kingfisher, the Sculptor’s female training companion. Tomoe is buried at the Old Grave next to Takeru (the small headstone).

One of the nice things about NG+ is thanks to leveling not mattering, you legitimately can just skip almost everything to just get to the bosses and not feel like you’re missing out on important resources. You don’t even need to use speed run strats, you can legitimately get to castletop Genichiro in under an hour just skipping the between minibosses stuff and not bothering with the memory.

Attached: Dragon Fight.webm (1920x1080, 2.08M)

A bonfire ascetic would’ve been preferable to ng+.

>farm shit like Monkeys or Genichirou for infinite attack power
Nah, would have broken the game.

1. BB
2. Das 3
3. Das 1
4. Demon
5. Das 2

Though dark souls 1 will always be my favorite as it was my first souls game. Haven't played sekiro yet.

No

Compare this ludo to the shitty dragon in the new God of War

>BB and DS3 at the top

Absolutely disgusting

You're alright. That Yakuza pic always makes me laugh. I expect great things from you in the future!

>ludo
What

BB deserves the top spot. DaS3 is really only better than 2, but not by much.

Once you're good enough you won't want to skip. You will go straight to those minibosses and beat them easily and feel amazing doing it because the game is legit fun to play once you understand and develop your reflexes and abilities.

Attached: awoooo.webm (1920x1080, 2.1M)

>tfw you decided to go for a quick swim

Attached: 1471308642164.jpg (585x538, 81K)

>tfw you finally understand how to play Sekiro

Attached: meplayingsekiro.webm (1920x1080, 2.21M)

It insists upon itself

I immediately thought of this scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=UkkF6Zz67TE

I'm still upset that doing it against Lord Isshin doesnt do a sick cinematic.

DaS 3 is really bad. Probably Fromsoft’s most rote game.

Shit taste, it’s more like DS1>BB=DS2>Sekiro>DeS>DS3

Will you Soulsbornies fuck off. No one cares about your goddamn games this is a Sekiro thread. You people are so insecure.

Alright, we already got not one but TWO Samurai Souls games.
When are we going to get Future Souls or Pirate Souls?

What do you expect from the next Soulsbornekiro Ring game?

I dont know. They said it was going to be more of an rpg than action game. What did they mean by that? More dialogue!and choices or more stat management?

I was responding to a Soulsborne ranking you dumbfag. And most of what you like about Sekiro (difficulty, bosses, bonfires, etc.) came from Souls games. Sekiro is literally Tenchu Souls.

I expect to be increasingly disappointed in From Software's action RPGs.

>future Souls
From can’t do guns or laser rifles, so that’s out. But if you still wanna see how it would be check out Surge.

There are probably three kinds of combat.

Classic/West: Souls
Speed/East: Sekiro
Modern: Firearms.

But what I want most is history and lore.

Attached: 64511463_305403503670494_2240551460187098327_n.jpg (640x360, 54K)

Attached: ashina outskirts.webm (1920x1080, 2.06M)

Me too, but I enjoyed it more as a deviation from the norm than an evolution
as in, I hope they don't take too much from it for their next games. It was a fun simple action game with a neat gameplay concept that I enjoyed for two playthroughs and am now done with.

Looks like an Okami woman to me.

No one cares. Go cry about it in a Bloodborne thread or something

>Tenchu died for Dark Souls 8
I will never not be mad about this

Attached: 1558496810430.jpg (1280x720, 127K)

>l1 l1 l1 l1 l1 l1 l1 l1 l1 r1 l1 l1 l1 l1 l1 l1 l1 r1 l1 l1 l1 l1 l1 l1 l1 l1 r1
Based Miyazaki

Elden Ring is going to flop, i'll bet my left nut on that.

What is wrong with your fucking brain that you think a single player game can be "dead"
It's like saying a movie that's out of theaters is flopping because it's not selling tickets anymore

>A B A B B A A A A B A A A B B B A A A
Based Miyamoto

Its cause at the center of it all, Isshin is just another sword enemy and you should be able to generally deal with those easy enough by now. Demon of Hatred pretty much the opposite of everything you fought up until this point. Giant sweeping motions that light you up even if you deflect, mobile as all hell, he even has get the fuck away from me attacks that take up a large chunk of the area.

No it’s more like
>l1 l1 l1 r1 O r1 l1 X up up up *dead* r1 up *death*

This should be From's new direction. More focused games with better mechanics and reasons to replay beyond just getting more gear that doesn't really change the gameplay. Combat arts and prosthetics>>weapons and armor. Also the multiple endings and story choices of Sekiro all felt different and unique to play adding to the replayability. It's so much better than the meandering concept sandbox of previous Soulsbornes. I had way more fun with Sekiro and I actually have replayed it more than I have replayed any Souls game, because in every Souls game all I do is start the game then get bored because everything feels like a chore.

Attached: fountainhead blocks.webm (1920x1080, 2.45M)

Quit pretending like you were a fan of Tenchu. Otherwise you'd not only appreciate Sekiro, but you'd also see it's not anything like a Souls game. You just want to act like a bitchy hipster to shit on a game you probably haven't even played.

Kek gottem

Attached: 1562816159093.gif (261x261, 3.89M)

Legit surprised when this fucker Mikirid my thrust and Shadowfall

Holy shit they ripped off this level from Nioh.

Attached: bridge.jpg (1280x720, 172K)

It's a distinct architectural style of Japan. Also the two areas look nothing alike. They have totally different alignments and colours.

Father Owl was the most advanced From fight yet
>he can deathblow if posture breaks
>he can Mikiri counter
>he can jump on you
>one of his attacks has three different outcomes depending on your response

>Bridges in Japan have the same aesthetics

WOWWWW

>tfw Sekiro copied Japan.
How could they bros?

Sekiro's hitboxes are perfection.

Attached: SekiroHitboxes.webm (1920x1080, 2.54M)

Except for the ogre

Faggot, I played and LIKED evergrace. Get on my level you nog.
As much as people make fun of it's one of the most imaginative games in both aesthetic and execution than most other rpgs.

youtu.be/NJRn8j-tJDM
D A D F I G H T
A
D
F
I
G
H
T

Attached: Screenshot_20190731-014907_1.jpg (1280x688, 145K)

This game was probably considered a flop to FromSoft/Activision nonetheless. I wouldn't be surprised if Sekiro sold less than half of Dark Souls 3, and considering it was in development for YEARS (IIRC it was actually the longest game for them to develop thus far by a considerable amount) and it has zero replay value, I don't think we'll be seeing another game like this from them.

That being said I enjoyed playing through it, but Dark Souls/Bloodborne has so much more replay value I would put it at the bottom end of the FromSoft totem pole.

Attached: clvssicbvll.jpg (1339x996, 531K)

His hitboxes are fine as well. The grabs are just telegraphed in a way that makes you think he's not going to reach outwards, but when he swings his arms to clamp down on you, he's reaching outwards as well, so even if you try to step back it's still too late. That's why you need to be aware of that and make sure you create enough distance on the grabs.

Attached: close call.gif (444x250, 3.93M)

How many more times do people need to post actual sales statistics for you to stop parroting bullshit?

Sekiro is the fastest selling game From has released. Read here

Don't talk to Bloodbronies. They join threads just so they can sperg about their game and shit on whatever you're talking about because they're insecure.

>fight the ogre no charm
>if you get grabbed you’re simply dead
>fight purple ninja no charm belled
>if you get kicked at any point in his flurry, you’ll probably be stunned until his kick finisher
Purple fag took me like ten tries to beat legitimately just because his posture damage was so high that singular missed blocks put you in stagger state so it was perfect deflect or die.

Loneswordsmen have very agreeable and easy to execute deflects on their kicks. However, the vilehands gave me problems on the no charm runs just because I could never seem to deflect their poison judo chops and I ended up not only poisoned but staggered. Luckily the Mist Raven feathers are really good against them because being poisoned lets you use those feathers at any point, not just to counter an attack.

As more and more months go by since I've beaten it I dislike it even more. The fact people consider it better than DeS, DaS 1/3, and Bloodborne blows my mind. The areas fucking suck, most bosses suck, the music sucks, and it was clearly scrambled together while Miyazaki worked mainly on Elden Ring. The gameplay is the only super thing worthy of praise, and even then it's really simple.

You must be in denial or coping over something. You honestly cannot say that the more vertical level design, meaningful narrative and characters and overall tight presentation and interplay among different combat arts/prosthetics/items/ninjutsu techniques, is something that's below any of the Soulsbornes. And frankly even the music is a step up from their previous orchestral garbage which never had any memorable melodies. Sekriro goes for a much more peaceful and ambient soundtrack that still feels unique and engaging. You have shit taste my friend.

I always find Vilehands easier because just stepping sideways makes them whiff the smell my finger attack. I just wasn’t expecting such an incredibly narrow window for error and therefore got bodied until I calmed back down and realized his kick flurry isn’t as fast as I thought it was.

Sekiro has more obvious care put into its design than any other recent From game aside from maybe BB. DeS is a fucking meme and anyone who praises it highly is wearing rose coloured glasses.

Literally the opposite for me. I love it more and more and I initially thought it was meh, but the more I learn and replay it, the more I find little details and new tricks that makes me appreciate its depth and play style more.

Plus this is obviously a passion project for From as they’ve said that they’ve toyed with this idea for a long time and it was something they worked on in the background throughout various projects.

>And frankly even the music is a step up from their previous orchestral garbage which never had any memorable melodies
The only false statement

>How dare people like MY favorite game, YOU ARE COPING!!!
Okay, child.
The vertical level design in this game is nothing special at all. If you think just one-button grappling up onto a roof or down a ravine is fun then you're psychotic. I agree with your one statement, I really like the narrative and characters of this game more than any Soulsborne game that has came before. Don't even begin to act stuff like the prosthetics and items are of any use in this game. Prosthetics, particularly, are useless in most situations.
>And frankly even the music is a step up from their previous orchestral garbage which never had any memorable melodies
Nobody can be this fucking delusional.

Prosthetics are not useless, you usually simply don’t HAVE to use them so you forget compared to the constant core gameplay loop.

>rarest achiev is 6%
fucking how?

It’s not as hard as it was hyped up to be.

Verticality gives you the option for different paths throughout a level. And you don't need to use grappling hooks, you can use the jump and ledge climbing mechanics as well (have you played Sekiro?). And yes, combat arts and prosthetics are way better than various weapons that all feel clunky to use and are only for meme styles. They actually integrate into your base play style instead of being jokes.

And yes, orchestra doesnt always equal better. I can't remember any track from the Soulsborne games because they all sound the same. They're all various melodies with loud orchestra blaring without any real subtle qualities or tunes that really stick out. I wouldn't be able to tell you which Souls game had which music if you presented them to me right now. Sekiro actually fit the world and atmosphere much better and actually pumped me up or soothed me at times. Keep coping.

It honestly fucking sucked, that combat gets old FAST.
Heres hoping the next From game isnt lazy and goes back to the Dark Souls formula.

My DaS3 playthrough was about 15 hours.

Daily reminder that Soulsbornebabbies were shitting on Sekiro since day one without having ever played it.

They just don't like seeing a new type of game from From that deviates from what they demand or that changes up their needs and wants.

Do not listen to Soulsbronies.

But Dark Souls combat doesn’t get old? Holy shit you have shit taste. Combat is awful in Souls. Hope From never ever returns to that formula.

It's not about being hard it's about being grindy as fuck for those last skill points for no reason.

Mechanically, Sekiro is the best of the recent From games. It just feels good to play and sword fighting is such a thrilling and visceral experience.

Everything else, Souls and Bloodborne did better.

It’s not grindy at all. By the time you get to your third play through (which you’d be doing anyway for the different endings), you’d already be able to get all your skills unlocked. That is of course if you aren’t a scrub that keeps losing his XP progress by dying over and over.

>elden ring confirmed to be even better now that the beta game was profitable

It was around 80 for me as well. I took my time as well as pvp'd and pve'd a lot. I played it for the first time when DSR came out, and it was my first souls game ever.

>you can use the jump and ledge climbing mechanics as well (have you played Sekiro?).
How gracious of you to pull out the "UHHH HAVE YOU PLAYED IT?" argument this early. Most of the time you're using grappling to reach higher places. This is indisputable.
>And yes, combat arts and prosthetics are way better than various weapons that all feel clunky to use
Combat arts are fine. Prosthetics normally don't give you advantages in battle like they should, some shit like the elemental umbrellas are only used in very specific situations like against Headless.(which plague this game and are absolutely shit-tier fights)
>are only for meme styles
What the fuck does this even mean
>And yes, orchestra doesnt always equal better. I can't remember any track from the Soulsborne games because they all sound the same
And you remember tracks from Sekiro? I don't even understand why you'd act like the music in Sekiro is any good when it's probably the worst thing about this game.

You aren’t the average.

It doesnt get old because Souls games had MULTIPLE WEAPONS, STATUS, SPELLS, MOVESETS, AND MOTHERFUCKING MULTIPLAYER, ALL WHICH SEKIRO DIDNT HAVE YOU RETARD.
Fucking Sekiro shitters are literal blind monkeys I swear.

Dark Souls combat always, ALWAYS broke down into roll through an attack and punish it, or if you are playing a caster, run out of range and punish it.

Yup. I can remember multiple tracks from Sekiro. Plus it has a unique and distinct sound. It’s From doing what they know best: Japanese culture. Of course it will be of higher quality than their monster movie tier orchestra.

the only post i'm looking forward to these threads

You must love games like Borderlands then. You don’t really care about main mechanics, you just care about skins and stats.

>multiplayer
Doesn’t change how the actual gameplay works. This is what you gimmick loving zoomers don’t seem to get.

This. The only boss I didn't like at first was Demon of Hatred, but it was due to the fact that it was probably the hardest to figure out. Once I did that though, it instantly became one of my favorites, and I never skip him on my NG+ cycles now.

I didn't like it that much, but I'm more excited for a possible Sekiro sequel than I am any other possible From game right now. It has a lot of potential

No game sells 7 million copies these days ya dummy

Not even the combat is worth praise.
You spam parry till the enemy gives a opening for attack, then repeat it all again.
Pathetic. You gotta be some special type of autist to enjoy it.

Come on, you don't actually think RE7 is better than RE2make. I like both, but RE2make is leagues ahead.

Me neither. Demon of Hatred is sexy as fuck and it feels very cathartic to beat him. Like purging yourself of all frustrations you had encountered up to that point.

Attached: 0C93CC16-D088-4115-B343-334C7D72EC5C.jpg (678x381, 62K)

>Of course it will be of higher quality than their monster movie tier orchestra.
I hope you realize that there's like 2 other people all together that agree with you.
You must have tinnitus if you can't tell some of the best tracks from DeS/DaS/Bloodborne apart from each other.
youtube.com/watch?v=ALbVEmzY5S4&t=2s
It's pretty hilarious actually, because if you look at the views for tracks in Sekiro compared to other games in the SoulsBorne franchise you'd see how absolutely no one cares about the soundtrack.

I think it is by SunhiLegend, he makes some amazing stuff twitter.com/SunhiLegend/status/1159261459471306752

As compared to rolling or blocking until you get an opening for attack? At least it’s somewhat difficult to continuously deflect.

>muh views
Souls games have also been out for longer...

nostalgia has absolutely nothing to do with that, RE2make has better locations, has literally zero fillers, actually has more puzzles etc.

>Dark Souls has glaring issues
>yeah not shit
>Sekiro has glaring issues
>What? This is the best game I've ever played, there is not a single issue it's all in your head, because it was too hard for you
Honestly, Sekirofags are worse than any other soulfaggots out there

Attached: 1551080384970.jpg (712x890, 70K)

Okay, I hope you remember to come back in 2 years when this super impressive 81k views (of the final boss, I may add) becomes more than Gael's or Ludwig's.
youtube.com/watch?v=lNm4e-nv2Lo

Maybe try not talking about Dark Souls all the time and go to your own threads

High Monk, Double Ichimonji, or Shadowfall, what's the best combat skill?

Imagine basing your opinion off viewcounters. This is prime argumentum ad populus.

Double Ichimonji without a doubt. It's so OP that there is no point to even use anything else.

They're all better for different things. High Monk rips up sweep spammers (like the purple ninjas), Ichimonji recovers posture, and Shadowfall just tears up everything.

game looks surprisingly good for its low requirements

Attached: 20190807_212144.jpg (816x1037, 181K)

High Monk because it not only doesn’t use spirit emblems, it also doesn’t leave you open for attacks like Ichimonji, and is great for stopping enemy rhythm quickly or to get out of a tough situation.

>try to bring forward MUH VARIETY when the only meaningful variety the souls games have ever had was in multiplayer

No, it's really not. Ape Phase 1 is one of the only bosses in the game where you have to play aggressively instead of just deflect the enemy to death. And his entire body frequently turns into a hitbox when you try to get near him.

Don’t forget it’s like 12GB. Based From not giving us bloatware. Sekiro literally is the video game version of a katana: folded over a thousand times and perfected into a sharp, focused, and perfectly balanced product.

Who the fuck likes soulsborne games and hates Sekiro? Or likes Sekiro and hate soulsborne? You're literally making things up based on one retard who decided to troll you.

It's literally the only way that I can prove that nobody cares or agrees that the soundtrack is good/disproving the DaS/BB "IT ALL SOUNDS THE SAME" argument (which I mean, it objectively doesn't with or without proof)

theyre obviously just gonna make the return ending canon. that shit is literal sequel bait

>one of the only bosses in the game where you have to play aggressively
Are you on the fucking crack? How can anyone be so wrong

>areas suck
true
>Music sucks
true
>most bosses suck
You're just straight up wrong here.This might be the only game where every boss is a fun challenging fight.

It literally all sounds the same. Go hit the view counter on YouTube some more to cope.

I want to replay it on the ps4 pro, but I still don't understand why it cannot run at a solid 60 fps there. It runs so perfectly on PC, which isn't something you'd expect from Japanese developers even as big as FS.

>BBC without the BC
oof

Literally just standing there and deflecting is by far the safest and easiest way to beat almost every boss, some this is even the fastest way. The few that it doesn't work on is because their full health posture regen is too fast. I can't believe how often Yea Forumsirgins dispute this, must be an ego thing.

>areas suck

Do people actually believe this? Sekiro’s level design is gorgeous and provides many freedoms. It’s better than any other Soulsborne game.

Attached: 4949C868-10A1-48CE-9B64-9D0637833EA5.jpg (2424x1536, 698K)

>it literally all sounds the same
Ironic how you started by saying I'm coping when it's you who is now. You're a deaf retard.

Attached: 1515786242631.jpg (207x244, 8K)

Ok buddy enjoy your garbage.

Its a good deviation from standard souls fare while still maintaining elements of it.

>Sekiro’s level design is gorgeous and provides many freedoms
Gorgeous? Yes. Provides many freedoms? Arguable. There is a lot of open areas, but absolutely zero reason to venture outside of the path to the objective. Item pickups in this game are utterly worthless 99.9% of the time. This is extremely detrimental to the level design where you aren't rewarded for looking in every nook and cranny.

No it isn’t, the easiest and fastest is to keep aggressive so you narrow their action pool into only being what they can do out of hit or blockstun.

>Level
It was a fucking bridge with fog gates and retard enemies that spawned with those goblin heads. Fuck that faggot game and the mongoloid retards that defend it.

Attached: C6DCB055-5600-4972-9BE2-D33CBDAEA108.jpg (2048x1632, 1002K)

A piece of armor or a weapon you will never use isn’t a good reward either.

Here we go back to your dress up mechanics again. No one cares you like to play with dolls Soulsbrony.

>A piece of armor or a weapon you will never use isn’t a good reward either.
It's better than a fucking ceramic shard. How can you even argue against this.

>most bosses suck, the music sucks
Kill yourself lmao

Every single item in Sekiro is useful and practical to use. I usually don’t touch most items in Souls games but in Sekiro I use every single one often.

Most rewards for exploration are beads or upgrade materials.

Actually the reason to explore Sekiro is to unlock different parts of the story and understand the rich world and lore. Plus there’s hidden bosses as well as well as stuff like prayer beads, esoteric texts, upgrade items, prosthetics, important power ups that you can also find.

>Most rewards for exploration are beads or upgrade materials.
>Most rewards
This is utterly, factually wrong. Play the game.

It’s ironic that you say that as if it’s a bad thing when he just told you weapons and armour you never use are crappy loot as well. Whereas stuff like upgrades and beads give you both passive and active abilities that you can use with your current playstyle.

none of the items are useful in Sekiro aside from gourds and confetti

Attached: 1558500664629.jpg (1014x766, 94K)

I’ve beaten the game. You get ceramic shards and ash and shit on the way to any given objective, if you are doing anything remotely like “Exploring” you mostly get good shit.

I think you skipped a reply there my dude.

Yeah, fuck pellets and upgrade materials and beads and manuals and prosthetics. Fuck NPCs too.

>thinking he's referring to upgrade MATERIALS and not consumption items and whatnot
Acting obtuse like this makes you look a retard FYI.

When I played it upon release, nothing was close to being as devastating as High Monk. I wouldn't have had a hard time with the bosses and minis that tripped my up had I gotten redpilled on High Monk sooner instead of spending time alternating between ichimonji, the spinning slash attack, or no combat arts at all. I think they nerfed it since then so I'm not sure what's the best anymore.

>upgrade materials and beads and manuals and prosthetics
Consumables, you faggot, consumables are useless.
> fuck pellets
Yes, fuck pellets

seeing a host disconnect is infinitely more satisfying to me than killing them. maybe if from didnt allow borderline cheating in dark souls 1 (and demons souls for that matter) casuls wouldnt hate invaders so much.

>resetera
weren't they bitching and moaning for the game not being "inclusive"?

Candies, ash, snap seeds, the other healing items like pellets and rice, false tooth, pacifying/dowsing powders, and poison are all very useful to use. You just have to develop the technique for them and understand their uses.

Only useless item to me was the Nightjar Monocular which was probably supposed to be used for taking landscape pictures.

So buff candies, free stun ash, and pellets are all useless? The tanto is useless? The anti status powders? Minus contact medicine that shit retarded.

Oh yeah I forgot about the tanto. That ones good too.

Pellets are free gourd uses, pellets are great.

Alright, who this adorable young lady.

S
E
K
I
N
O

Attached: httpsi.4cdn.orgv1555231911275.webm (540x256, 836K)

High monk is still ridiculous. Even if it didn't do 1.5-2 times the posture damage of the goomba stomp, it'd still be ridiculous post nerf just because of the tracking on it (goomba stomp is so ridiculously finicky to pull off) and the vitality damage. Additionally, From actually strengthened the post-drop kick combo on it, so you still end up doing about the same amount of posture damage as pre patch if you manage to do a full combo.

It has 0 white people in it except MAYBE the guy in armor, which we don’t know. It’s Resetera’s dream of diversity.

Is there a video from which these are taken? This would be sick with music

>Candies
Headless giving them for free
>snap seeds
whoah, one time use in the entire game and even then if you can be bothered only
>pellets and rice
how about learn the deflect patterns, too hard?
>false tooth
no
>pacifying/dowsing powders
gourds, ever heard of them?
> You just have to develop the technique
Lmaoing at your ass so hard right now
>free stun ash
what are fireworks

Based

Fireworks and ash are both useful. Also, gourds don’t remove status, just stop buildup.
You also can’t say healing items aren’t useful because “Lol just git gud”. Snap seeds have several uses as well that you simply don’t know about.

Hiichan

Attached: 1543326729955.webm (820x718, 697K)

dmcv sucked, first playthroughs are trivialized by low difficulty max and resurrection tokens.

I dont remember a single boss or any of its mechanics, it's that forgettable because of the aforementioned reasons. You can basically get away with button mashing in any random order to get through everything. With the skinny emo, you can even get SSS rankings with random spamming.

Only the final boss is noteworthy. Vergil is cool.

resetgaf hates japan

>It has 0 white people in it
>there are people on Yea Forums right now who care about this shit

>Fireworks and ash are both useful
then what's the point of using ash if you have fireworks?
>gourds don’t remove status
name ONE instance where you can't rely just on the gourd+deflect
>what about Healing gourd
You have fucking TEN uses of 60%-70% heal. TEN. And you need more heal than that?
>y-you simply d-don’t know about!
Enlight me

>except MAYBE the guy in armor
He's definitely a foreigner

Different user but here
>>Candies
>Headless giving them for free
The headless buffs are useless wastes of spirit emblems and run out way faster than sugars
>>snap seeds
>whoah, one time use in the entire game and even then if you can be bothered only
It's a cheese item but it makes several fights easier. Lets you take out all the apparitions in the Butterfly fight and shits on all apparition enemies.
>>pellets and rice
>how about learn the deflect patterns, too hard?
Those items are incredibly useful, retard. Doesn't matter if you're good enough to not need them. They're still objectively useful.
>>false tooth
>no
False tooth gives an extra Rez if used properly, brainlet
>>pacifying/dowsing powders
>gourds, ever heard of them?
And the powders double the usage, dipshit
>> You just have to develop the technique
>Lmaoing at your ass so hard right now
I feel like it's rude to laugh at retards but you straight up deserve to be shoved in a locker for how braindead you are lmao

Attached: 1565288991276.png (680x786, 181K)

Ichimonji kinda encourages bad habits it's so good. The reason why lots of people struggle against ISS at the end is because they've been going through all the boss battles using firecrackers and Ichimonji to carry them and never really mastering the combat system.

You're legit just retarded. Slit your wrists, aspie

Illusion monk, the mist enemies up to mist noble.

By mashing the block button?

The execution animation for Gyoubu was ridiculously satisfying

I sometimes unequipped ichimonji in really fast fights (I think I did that against owl father) because accidentally initiating it was a fucking nightmare

why twitter is such garbage? i can't even save the damn thing

The point of ash is that it’s a free stun that doesn’t coat spirit emblems, are you retarded?

>but absolutely zero reason to venture outside of the path to the objective
I never had any issue with finding motivation to comb every spot of every area in Sekiro.

Attached: Shuriken back at ya.webm (1920x1080, 2.21M)

Yes it was

Attached: AD966AA5-D08F-4AD9-BED9-84D2D9D0281C.jpg (2048x1790, 919K)

Yeah. Crackers and Ichi are the drakesword of the game. Later bosses will fuck you up if you try that on them. In my second playthrough, I didn't even bother with firecrackers for that reason.

i thought that was the ahegao reskin mod for a second

It's not about the mash, it's about timing and staying calm. It really is a game that requires a "zen" mindset.

>useless wastes of spirit emblems
You mean the only use of spirit emblems aside from tools? Oh-oh is someone going to bring skills that use emblems?
>fights easier
Fights already piss easy if you take time to actually learn them instead of "I'VE GOT TO BEAT HIM NO MATTER WHAT"
>Those items are incredibly useful
If you are shitter who can't learn the game, then sure, they are useful.
>False tooth
again, no and stop being retarded
>And the powders double the usage
you are so retarded it's not even funny
How about actually playing and learning the game that you so cherish so much instead of making an ass out of yourself by saying stupid shit?
>what are firecrackers
>doesn’t coat spirit emblems
You mean the only use of spirit emblems aside from tools? Oh-oh is someone going to bring skills that use emblems?

I like Sekiro but don't like Soulsborne, but I still recognize them as great games.

Shadowfall actually does more posture dmg if you land it right, but it kinda equalizes out with Ichi D because that heals your own posture.

nah still useful on sword saint after he does certain attacks with longer cooldown

I started Dark Souls for the first time a few months ago and put it down after I got the Lord Vessel because stuff came up. I want to platinum it but the only time I've used anything other than the Drake Sword was when I built a crystal halberd to deal with O&S. How the fuck do people wrap their heads around shit like builds and sets? I loved Bloodborne and felt fine with its stats because most of them factored into my fights in a fairly direct way (endurance, vit, more damage on parries, a few stats that let you use stronger weapons, etc) but shit like Dark Souls and (this one is way way way worse) Nioh is just beyond me.
I'm not even against dumping time into building stuff up slowly. I've platted MGSV and dealt with all the development bullshit in that game. But builds and sets are something like anathema to me and I can't find a single guide or YouTube channel that makes any of it palatable.

Attached: download (19).jpg (197x148, 6K)

>i learned the game, so everything is useless
Looking forward to that charmless belled NG run champ.

double ichimonji i mean

Why do you need your R1 button and the analog sticks to do standard attacks? Why are you such a shitter that you can't beat the game with your eyes closed and only mashing L1 until you get the deathblow? Why are you such a worthless faggot that you need to use any buttons aside from that one?

Sexino

Attached: fireysneak.webm (1920x1080, 896K)